• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite mythological creature

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
@VampireWicked What's even stranger is there was no love lost between Athena and Poseidon--they pretty much hated each other. You'd think, given that fact, Athena would have sided with Medusa. O_O I can't remember all the specifics, but I think Poseidon was jealous of how many followers Athena had, or something along those lines?

Also: sorry @Foxtrot94 for derailing the thread a bit. ^^;

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I thought Gorgon was the species of creature they were?

Well, time to haul out the Mythology books again, lol. ^^; I clearly need to read up on them, again.

The only thing I can really remember is that bit where Medusa went to Athena's temple to beg for her aid, and the goddess decided to turn her into a monster to keep men from raping her...which is just so cruel; it's not like Medusa did anything wrong. But meh, the gods of old were a capricious bunch...
No it was their name. Originally Gorgons were nymphs (I think ) from version I read. There are 2 versions of story. First goes where youngest AKA Medusa was raped in Athena's temple, so Athena got ****ed and turned her and her 2 sisters into monster. Second goes that Medusa was so beautiful, that Athena got jealous of her and turned her into monster so no other men can look at her ever again. Once again there are only 3 Gorgons, and Gorgon is their name.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I think Medusa is another favorite of mine lol.

Anyway I still say in the clash of the titans they should've tried persuading Medusa to help kill the Kraken.
In the way the movie (original & reboot especially reboot) there was just opportunity to request her help.
Medusa was cursed, she most likely hated the gods of olympus, & her killing their pet Kraken would be a huge F-You to the gods of olympus.
Well that how greek mythos worked. Gods were biggest a-holes of them all

Top Bottom