• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F-bombs; What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agility

"Known"
If you can't understand what type of mentality Dante has in this one and why. Then please don't bother with the "Cursing is bad mmkay." crap.

1) Dante has been tortured by demons and from some perspectives, still is.
2) Dante is being hunted by demons all the time. He can not settle down. I bet he can't even take a **** without a demon finding out. (Ew, now that I think about it, they are probably checking every sewer for traces....ugh that's actually disgustingly awesome if they are.)
3) Dante can not find himself a home and stay there. You saw the trailer (get it? Trailer?)
4) There is no protection or protectors for Dante but himself. (Yeah before The Order.)
5) Dante doesn't know what a normal life is. He's always on the run.
6) Dante's family has been wiped out by demons. Meaning he can't find love even if he wanted to.

7) Dante has an entire WORLD that wants him dead!

What would the demon killer say about this? "**** off IMMORTALITY!"

somekidfromthe90's

Thank you! That's my point, i mean your not going to be able to form super witty and awesome one-liners when your life is being threatened and your under a lot of stress.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think the issue is creativity. It's not the cusing it self that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it's how uncreatively dull it is. One of my favorite films of all time has RIDICULIOUS amouts of foul language and without it it just wouldn't be the same (Pulp Fiction, by the way). But it's writting is the single best scrip of the 90's. Here, though... F' you. F' you. F' you! Yeah... Tarentino would be proud... That's just tacky and unispired. And I'm sure there's a list of reasons people will give as to why Dante is excused, ok, then what's poison's excuse, 1200 years old and the best she can come up with is F' you? Sorry but I ain't impressed. The original series might've been cheezy and campy but atleast it wasn't dull and uncreative.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I blame Mundus for Poison's foul mouth. I agree that some of Dante's language ways are a bit bitter sweet, but for me, it's better then having to deal with the cheesiness and lack luster of a sterotypical hero character who can never grow anymore then what he is and thus, no character development at all. I hope for the sake of the game, that Dante's attitude will eventually grow from, what people call, "immature" or "Not classic Dante" to atleast DMC1 Dante's attitude but not so sterotypically hero-like and horrible crappy lines.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I think the issue is creativity. It's not the cusing it self that leaves a bad taste in my mouth, it's how uncreatively dull it is. One of my favorite films of all time has RIDICULIOUS amouts of foul language and without it it just wouldn't be the same (Pulp Fiction, by the way). But it's writting is the single best scrip of the 90's. Here, though... F' you. F' you. F' you! Yeah... Tarentino would be proud... That's just tacky and unispired. And I'm sure there's a list of reasons people will give as to why Dante is excused, ok, then what's poison's excuse, 1200 years old and the best she can come up with is F' you? Sorry but I ain't impressed. The original series might've been cheezy and campy but atleast it wasn't dull and uncreative.
Reason why Poison a demon curses is because Poison a demon is errrr....A DEMON!!! If cursing is a sin or a bad thing then demons must curse non-stop too since they are evil(sin) incarnate.

This is a Western game. I mean Lollipop Chainsaw had zombies who cursed a lot even more more. Plus look at Poison.....its disgusting.....it was created as one as those bosses/enemies who uses swears a lot. She...I mean it really hates Sparda & Eva so facing their son wanna makes it use words like "F*ck child" & "Son of a whore" to express her I mean its disliking of Dante. Its a Western rated M game....even Bayonetta uses vulgarity in uncreative ways.

DMC may not have been dull but it sure wasn't creative. A lot of its jokes & plot were stuff I've seen plenty of times before like "You poor thing didn't your mother teach you how to use a door" or "Chill Fido" or "I just don't like you that's all"....even Nero's properly timed middle finger is overused as hell but I still found it funny due to how it was used in the overall situation.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Reason why Poison a demon curses is because Poison a demon is errrr....A DEMON!!! If cursing is a sin or a bad thing then demons must curse non-stop too since they are evil(sin) incarnate.
You've completly missed the point. I don't care that they have a foul mouth, it's the childish way they curse at each other. What are they 12? Couldn't they figure out something more interesting to say that F$#% you back and fourth? Even the demon in the Exorsist never just flat out said F(*& you because it's sarter that that and was able to come up with more than just some childish responce like that.

This is a Western game.
I don't see what this has to do with it? Pleanty of games all over the world use foul language.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
If someone doesn't like Dante cussing, I've got the best solution. Guess what? Just skip the cutscene. But if you still want to watch the cutscene but hate Dante cussing, all you've to do is go to the game's options, turn on the subtitles and hit that mute button on your TV remote. Simple

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
You've completly missed the point. I don't care that they have a foul mouth, it's the childish way they curse at each other. What are they 12? Couldn't they figure out something more interesting to say that F$#% you back and fourth? Even the demon in the Exorsist never just flat out said F(*& you because it's sarter that that and was able to come up with more than just some childish responce like that.

I don't see what this has to do with it? Pleanty of games all over the world use foul language.
Dante insulted her so "f*ck you" is an common response. First off isn't it childish to insult someone in the first place regardless it is cursing or just a childish joke.

Plus since when was f*ck you a childish response. I always figured it was a rude response.

Plus look at it.
Unnamed_Boss_DmC.jpg

You expect something this disgusting & putrid to come up with creative comebacks. Plus Poison appears to be filled with hatred & uneducated.

Secondly how is f*ck you childish when its commonly used by adults in the media to portray rudeness & general disliking against something.

To be clear which Excorcist are we talking about? Plus Rodin from Bayonetta was he demon & he curses a lot.

Railazel

If someone doesn't like Dante cussing, I've got the best solution. Guess what? Just skip the cutscene. But if you still want to watch the cutscene but hate Dante cussing, all you've to do is go to the game's options, turn on the subtitles and hit that mute button on your TV remote. Simple

So what? We're just going to miss the story? And what's point of putting on subtitles when the cuss words are still there?

Thank you! That's my point, i mean your not going to be able to form super witty and awesome one-liners when your life is being threatened and your under a lot of stress.

Well, you see, there's this guy in red and blue tights that can shoot out webs. You might have heard of him. Despite his life being in danger multiple times and yet not one cuss word comes out of his mouth. Yet, he somehow continues to be witty.

You expect something this disgusting & putrid to come up with creative comebacks.

Actually, yes.

But despite being 1200 years old, she has a script that sounds like it was made by a mad elementary schooler.

"You can't kill me! I'm 1200 years old!"

Bleh...

Cussing isn't a sin. It's just vulgar.

Secondly how is f*ck you childish when its commonly used by adults in the media to portray rudeness & general disliking against something.

Because there's a more mature way of expressing rudeness and general dislike.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
So what? We're just going to miss the story? And what's point of putting on subtitles when the cuss words are still there?

Well, you see, there's this guy in red and blue tights that can shoot out webs. You might have heard of him. Despite his life being in danger multiple times and yet not one cuss word comes out of his mouth. Yet, he somehow continues to be witty.

Actually, yes.

But despite being 1200 years old, she has a script that sounds like it was made by a mad elementary schooler.

"You can't kill me! I'm 1200 years old!"

Bleh...

Cussing isn't a sin. It's just vulgar.

Because there's a more mature way of expressing rudeness and general dislike.

So it really not about cursing anymore is it?

So "Flock off feather face" doesn't sound like it was written by a kid, neither does "Chill fido" or "This party is getting crazy?".

SpiderMan is a little kid to pre-teen to teen series(DMC is mature meaning 17+) which is rather very famous among little kids. He has a reputation most kids don't know about DMC. I never heard about til I turned 13 & played DMC4(my first game) for the first time when I was 15.

SpiderMan has many cartoon adaptions for kids. DMC has 1 rated MA anime which too is loaded with cursing. Can't compare the 2.

Railazel

So it really not about cursing anymore is it?

Not really about the cursing itself, just the quality of it.

So "Flock off feather face" doesn't sound like it was written by a kid, neither does "Chill fido" or "This party is getting crazy?".

Griffon: "Are you the one who challenges the Darkness Mundus?"

Dante: "Flock off, Featherface! Or you'll learn the hard way!"

Does this sound like it was written by a child? No. Why? Because it made me feel pumped and ready to kick some feathered buttocks!

Dante: "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock."

Does sound like it was written by a child? No. Why? Because it made me feel pumped and ready to kick some skulls in!

Poison: "F*ck you!"
Dante: "F*ck you!"
Poison: "F********CCKKK YOOOOUUUU!"

Does this sound like it was written by a child? Yes. Why? Because they sound like a bunch of little kids.

So
SpiderMan has many cartoon adaptions for kids. DMC has 1 rated MA anime which too is loaded with cursing. Can't compare the 2.

Yes, I can.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Not really about the cursing itself, just the quality of it.

Griffon: "Are you the one who challenges the Darkness Mundus?"

Dante: "Flock off, Featherface! Or you'll learn the hard way!"

Does this sound like it was written by a child? No. Why? Because it made me feel pumped and ready to kick some feathered buttocks!

Dante: "This party's getting crazy! Let's rock."

Does sound like it was written by a child? No. Why? Because it made me feel pumped and ready to kick some skulls in!

Poison: "F*ck you!"
Dante: "F*ck you!"
Poison: "F********CCKKK YOOOOUUUU!"

Does this sound like it was written by a child? Yes. Why? Because they sound like a bunch of little kids.

Yes, I can.
I deal with the above later but your going to compare 1 series made most specifically for kids & teens to one for mature audience. I've seen some of the comics it does have cursing in it(not f-bombs but as much language as seen in the movies).

Plus SpiderMan is just like every other superhero or hero. Many heroes are always in life threatening situation but doesn't curse why (the age rating)? Many heroes or protagonist in rated R or Mature series do curse why? BECAUSE THEY HAVE THE JURISDICTION. As series ups in age content/rating they get more violent, more vulgar, & sometimes more sexual.

Plus you still can't compare Peter Parker reboot to the Dante reboot. Dante was always tortured & physically abused & beaten everyday by demons as a child. Peter Parker has never experienced a hell like that. In fact the Amazing SpiderMan only life trouble was his uncle dying(or was that the normal SpiderMan)...I don't know all the comics, movies, & cartoons are all mixed up. Outside that Peter Parker lived a normal life outside the demon tortured child Dante.

Unless if you can find a series with the same age rating as DmC with a character who had an hellish life kinda like or even close to this Dante's then you can't compare the series in terms of language.

Railazel

Unless if you can find a series with the same age rating as DmC with a character who had an hellish life kinda like or even close to this Dante's then you can't compare the series in terms of language.

Spider- Man has gone through seeing loved ones (not just his uncle) die in front of his face. He also has to deal with balancing his life and making sure that the loved ones who are still alive don't get hurt. Considering the stuff that's happened to him, I would say he's gone through as much pain both physically and mentally as Dante has. So yes, I can compare the two in terms of language.

And, trust me, he has too much drama in his life for young kids to be able to comprehend some of the stuff that's going on in the comic. They had to dumb it down in the movies.

All I'm saying is that NT could very well bump up the script. I'm not minding the cussing, but so far it just seems mediocre.

I probably would have a different opinion of Alex Jones would shut up in the Club trailer. But from what little I could hear it was that big of a step from the Poison battle.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Spider- Man has gone through seeing loved ones (not just his uncle) die in front of his face. He also has to deal with balancing his life and making sure that the loved ones who are still alive don't get hurt. Considering the stuff that's happened to him, I would say he's gone through as much pain both physically and mentally as Dante has. So yes, I can compare the two in terms of language.

And, trust me, he has too much drama in his life for young kids to be able to comprehend some of the stuff that's going on in the comic. They had to dumb it down in the movies.

All I'm saying is that NT could very well bump up the script. I'm not minding the cussing, but so far it just seems mediocre.

I probably would have a different opinion of Alex Jones would shut up in the Club trailer. But from what little I could hear it was that big of a step from the Poison battle.

It seems you were the ones who missed certain dialogues in the boss fight like "You know what your problem is? Your too clingy"(Dante referring to Poison when she was hanging onto to those rocks at the end of the boss fight) & "Your all mixed up"(when Poison is crushed by the fans).

Railazel

It seems you were the ones who missed certain dialogues in the boss fight like "You know what your problem is? Your too clingy"(Dante referring to Poison when she was hanging onto to those rocks at the end of the boss fight) & "Your all mixed up"(when Poison is crushed by the fans).

I heard all that, and all that just sounded extremely cheesy and (in my opinion) worse than most of original Dante's lines. I was hoping that since he was supposed to be more realistic than the original Dante, he would go without the lines, but nope they just made him worse.

The dialogue I'm talking about is the scene Devil's Dalliance.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I heard all that, and all that just sounded extremely cheesy and (in my opinion) worse than most of original Dante's lines. I was hoping that since he was supposed to be more realistic than the original Dante, he would go without the lines, but nope they just made him worse.

The dialogue I'm talking about is the scene Devil's Dalliance.
So you find the "F*ck you" he wrote on the list after uppercutting the guy funny or okay for his character?

Well this Dante can be serious when needs to be. I mean the difference between the Poison fight & the Devil's Dalliance is that at the club Dante was out to rescue Kat so he had to be more serious but he was just fighting another demon with the Poison scenario so he could joke around a bit plus he was taunting Poison for her looks. Its not like he goes around saying "YAHOO!!" & "Let's rock babe!". I mean the hero gotta be fun too can't be always serious(it works for some not most or all).

It is cheesy but its more creative than what the past Dante said(maybe not DMC4).

berto

I Saw the Devil
So it really not about cursing anymore is it?.
I said that like 3 times. No, it ain't the foul language it's the juvenile aproach to the vanter. Isn't NT sopposed to bring a level of quality to the writing? If all there is to it is cursing then it ain't clever or well written it's just plain old-fashioned yelling bad words at each other. Is it really too much to ask for the witty banter to be witty?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I said that like 3 times. No, it ain't the foul language it's the juvenile aproach to the vanter. Isn't NT sopposed to bring a level of quality to the writing? If all there is to it is cursing then it ain't clever or well written it's just plain old-fashioned yelling bad words at each other. Is it really too much to ask for the witty banter to be witty?
Yeah but witty banter doesn't always make much of a great story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom