• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

F-bombs; What's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
In all fairness I've seen more main protagonists from Japanese games use more vulgar language than this Dante(Travis from No More Heroes, Jack from MadWorld/Anarchy Reigns, Juliet(plus her boyfriend Romeo) from Lolipop Chainsaw......too lazy to think of more) but you get it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h17v6jXuIM

Too tired to continue but I'll post the rest of it later.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
In all fairness I've seen more main protagonists from Japanese games use more vulgar language than this Dante(Travis from No More Heroes, Jack from MadWorld/Anarchy Reigns, Juliet(plus her boyfriend Romeo) from Lolipop Chainsaw......too lazy to think of more) but you get it.

Too tired to continue but I'll post the rest of it later.

Juliet's boyfriend's name is Nick by the way.^_^

DragonMaster2010

Oh I forgot...I actually didn't buy the game it didnt seem worth the $40-$60 to me & looked like it got boring pretty fast.

It's actually pretty funny. It's a bit like a normal hack n' slash game but it's not that long of a game though. I give it a 7/10

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It's actually pretty funny. It's a bit like a normal hack n' slash game but it's not that long of a game though. I give it a 7/10
Its really funny even if most of its most of its humor(no all of its humor) derives from constant cursing & f-bombs up the wazoo(kinda what this thread is about or what people are complaining about that DmC has). Funny thing is there is people who complain DmC has too much cursing yet plays & enjoys Lolipop Chainsaw for its creative humor(even though it has 10X more inappropriate language & cursing). When you have a boss whose main ability is to literally throw a ton of intense curse words at you...it makes this DmC look like a show on Disney Channel & questions the original DMC age rating.

DragonMaster2010

Its really funny even if most of its most of its humor(no all of its humor) derives from constant cursing & f-bombs up the wazoo(kinda what this thread is about or what people are complaining about that DmC has). Funny thing is there is people who complain DmC has too much cursing yet plays & enjoys Lolipop Chainsaw for its creative humor(even though it has 10X more inappropriate language & cursing). When you have a boss whose main ability is to literally throw a ton of intense curse words at you...it makes this DmC look like a show on Disney Channel & questions the original DMC age rating.

Exactly! Lolipop Chainsaw is loaded up the ass with curse words and swearing in it and fans love that gamme, yet they say DmC is not a good game because of it's cursing. However some fans say that they say this because the old Dante "didn't need to curse to be cool." I never thought cursing made you cool, it just made you more funny, and Dante was getting as stale as FRED. (IMO)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Exactly! Lolipop Chainsaw is loaded up the ass with curse words and swearing in it and fans love that gamme, yet they say DmC is not a good game because of it's cursing. However some fans say that they say this because the old Dante "didn't need to curse to be cool." I never thought cursing made you cool, it just made you more funny, and Dante was getting as stale as FRED. (IMO)
I never found the original Dante funny. I found him cool not because of his cheesy one liner or somewhat clever jokes but because of this.

And This look from 1:00 to onwards

Minus the music & all Nero parts.

DragonMaster2010

I never found the original Dante funny. I found him cool not because of his cheesy one liner or somewhat clever jokes but because of this.

Yeah that was cool. However that doesn't change my thoughts on how I feel on DMC4. Still cool though.

And This look from 1:00 to onwards

Minus the music & all Nero parts.

That part was one of the reasons I kept playing DMC2. Just to see that moment over and over again.:D

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That part was one of the reasons I kept playing DMC2. Just to see that moment over and over again.:D
Yeah I remembered Dante for the crazy stunts & stylish moves that he did not the cheesy stuff that he said. I found Nero to be funnier than Dante anyway & heck even this Dante is funnier than the old Dante.

Domenic93

This game is trying to act smart with it's plot and everything but you can tell that it's not, but lollipop chainsaw knows it's plot is a simple action comedy hack and slash it focused on having funny characters and dialogue, with only 3 serious scenes,also it's a Suda 51 game he knows how to make swearing funny and have fun and funny games, also having tara strong in it doesn't hurt.
suda makes fun low brow games just look at this

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
This game is trying to act smart with it's plot and everything but you can tell that it's not, but lollipop chainsaw knows it's plot is a simple action comedy hack and slash it focused on having funny characters and dialogue, with only 3 serious scenes,also it's a Suda 51 game he knows how to make swearing funny and have fun and funny games, also having tara strong in it doesn't hurt.
well ninja theory is using cursing as a more realistic and more mature way just like suda51 uses cursing for a funny, over the top way. so why is it a problem that DmC has cursing in it for a certain reason, but when it comes to games such as lollipop chainsaw it is not?

DragonMaster2010

How do you say this is alright, but DmC's cursing is bad?
images

somekidfromthe90's

OMG!! Can we not just accept the fact that Dante curses, case closed. We have only seen a few videos with him saying it; it's not correct, or even fair, to assume he is going to curse non-stop throughout the game just because two or three videos seem a little "too much" or "immature" or "forced" or "trying to be cool/funny" or any other excuse. He's a young, angry, reckless teen, coupled with the fact he has to be in life-or-death situations most of the time. So it's really not a shock if his vocabulary doesn't show tact.

DragonMaster2010

OMG!! Can we not just accept the fact that Dante curses, case closed. We have only seen a few videos with him saying it; it's not correct, or even fair, to assume he is going to curse non-stop throughout the game just because two or three videos seem a little "too much" or "immature" or "forced" or "trying to be cool/funny" or any other excuse. He's a young, angry, reckless teen, coupled with the fact he has to be in life-or-death situations most of the time. So it's really not a shock if his vocabulary doesn't show tact.

I agree with this. It doesn't seem like this thread has much to talk about. One person says it's not that bad, someone argues that it is, more argue it isn't and that it's all double standards and somme argue there's a reason that is, someone says let's drop it and explains why Dante cuses like this, whole argument starts all over again. There's no end to this circle.

somekidfromthe90's

I agree with this. It doesn't seem like this thread has much to talk about. One person says it's not that bad, someone argues that it is, more argue it isn't and that it's all double standards and somme argue there's a reason that is, someone says let's drop it and explains why Dante cuses like this, whole argument starts all over again. There's no end to this circle.
but then again thats the deal with most threads lol. As a wise butler once said "Some people have no agenda; they just want to watch the world burn."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom