• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ever Been Bashed for Disliking an Overrated Game?

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I almost know just about everything about FF VII...XD The only thing I can't really help you on are Emerald and Ruby Weapons...cause I've never really seen the point of fighting them when you can just breed a Gold Chocobo yourself.:p:D

aka958

Don't trust people
Faust;287567 said:
I almost know just about everything about FF VII...XD The only thing I can't really help you on are Emerald and Ruby Weapons...cause I've never really seen the point of fighting them when you can just breed a Gold Chocobo yourself.:p:D

Because they are optional bosses and it is a feat in killing these monstrosities and it shows that you know your business and are a master at FFVII. :cool:

Although, I'm not a master at FFVII. >_<

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
aka958;287573 said:
Because they are optional bosses and it is a feat in killing these monstrosities and it shows that you know your business and are a master at FFVII. :cool:

I'm just lazy...If I actually *really* tried I could beat them, I'm sure of it anyways. o_O

aka958

Don't trust people
Faust;287574 said:
I'm just lazy...If I actually *really* tried I could beat them, I'm sure of it anyways. o_O

You are just lazy but you breed a gold chocobo? o_O

I think grinding in the North Crater sounds alot more fun than trying to co-op with the Random Number Generator. But that is just me. :p

Final Fantasy I on the PSP. That game has alot of sidequesting. I love it! =D

Darkstar Darin

The Badass In Black
hmmm...definitely bashed for not likin' Zelda...

aka958;286670 said:
Random guy: "Hurr durr you like that piece of crap? I'm gonna play GTA like any real person would do."

What would be your response?
STINGER!! *wipes blood* *walks away whistling*

Vergil'sB*tch;286940 said:
^I won't bash you for not liking Tekken. I promise

I get bashed for not liking Shenmue.

me either...but i hated Shenmue...

aka958;287573 said:

don't feel bad, i never finished disc 1

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
aka958;287590 said:
You are just lazy but you breed a gold chocobo? o_O

I think grinding in the North Crater sounds alot more fun than trying to co-op with the Random Number Generator. But that is just me. :p

I know some tricks to get a gold chocobo fairly fast.^_^ And the W-summon I find takes more time to get in the battle arena than racing your chocobos. ._. XD

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
Captain Ren;287643 said:
i hate
final fantasy
halo
street fighter

hehe fire away!

So this is my part to say *le gasp* You're a final fantasy hater, how dare you! :mad:

Hahahaha! Just jk. What ever floats your boat man. ^_^ I honestly don't care what people like or dislike...you can't force them to like something they may have tried and never liked since.

I don't really like Halo either. :p

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I got bashed for liking the Need for Speed games. Scratch that, for LOVING the NfS games. I haz a thing for race cars._. Oh, and I only got bashed for it when the other players realised I'm a girl. Typical arrogant gits. I hope I don't walk into the same mentality when I join a game design company, but anyway.

The last game I got bashed for liking was DMC4.
I'm sure I don't need to mention details since half the fans here were on the side that bashed me. All I'll say is it was my first real introduction into 'hardcore' gaming, I absolutely adored Nero and hated Dante so much I wanted to ram the controller into the screen every time he came on, and I got pulverised by the already existing fanbase when all I said was 'I like Nero'. Like, *insert outraged fan faces here* HOW DARE YOU, GTFO AND TAKE YOUR FAIL WITH YOU, YOU FFFFING NOOB!
My first taste of the DMC fanbase. Can't say it was sweet.

I also got bashed for being a DMC nut by my pro-gamer brother. We compromised and I played his 'awesome' Gears of War, and he in turn played DMC4. He died once on the first fight with Dante on DHM, threw down the controller, called it 'a stupid game' and in short told me that I'm a loser for liking it. So I picked up the controller and played it straight through to mission 5 or 6 without dying, and made him watch me the whole time to prove to him that FPS gamers lack the coolness needed to play an action game like this. XDDDDDDDDDDD
...stupid little brother...:dry:

Oh, and then of course I was getting 'bashed' on the forum and via PM here and on other sites for being totally gaga over DmC. I seriously think me seeing nothing wrong with this upcoming game and looking forward to it has ruined some of my friendships with other fans for life. I keep feeling like they're looking down their noses at me whenever I chat to them. It never changes.

*sigh*

aka958

Don't trust people
Master Vergil;287677 said:
The last game I got bashed for liking was DMC4.
I'm sure I don't need to mention details since half the fans here were on the side that bashed me. All I'll say is it was my first real introduction into 'hardcore' gaming, I absolutely adored Nero and hated Dante so much I wanted to ram the controller into the screen every time he came on, and I got pulverised by the already existing fanbase when all I said was 'I like Nero'. Like, *insert outraged fan faces here* HOW DARE YOU, GTFO AND TAKE YOUR FAIL WITH YOU, YOU FFFFING NOOB!
My first taste of the DMC fanbase. Can't say it was sweet.

I also got bashed for being a DMC nut by my pro-gamer brother. We compromised and I played his 'awesome' Gears of War, and he in turn played DMC4. He died once on the first fight with Dante on DHM, threw down the controller, called it 'a stupid game' and in short told me that I'm a loser for liking it. So I picked up the controller and played it straight through to mission 5 or 6 without dying, and made him watch me the whole time to prove to him that FPS gamers lack the coolness needed to play an action game like this. XDDDDDDDDDDD
...stupid little brother...:dry:

Nero is cool. Although I liked Dante in dmc4 too. XD

Your brother is a pro gamer and can't even try out Devil May Cry game without getting annoyed? Don't let him try Ninja Gaiden. ;)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Master Vergil;287677 said:
Oh, and then of course I was getting 'bashed' on the forum and via PM here and on other sites for being totally gaga over DmC. I seriously think me seeing nothing wrong with this upcoming game and looking forward to it has ruined some of my friendships with other fans for life. I keep feeling like they're looking down their noses at me whenever I chat to them. It never changes.

*sigh*

Same here. PM barrages like no other... But y'know what? Let them barrage me. See if I care.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;287684 said:
Same here. PM barrages like no other... But y'know what? Let them barrage me. See if I care.

I would care. I've got little PM space and people spamming sh*t would prevents others to give me the PM's I do expect and want.
But that is just me. :\

Next here is not directed to anyone but just a heads up for everyone!:

You can like whatever you like. Just don't look down on what someone else doesn't like for that reason. Some say they get bashed for liking something but it may happen it is because they have not respected someone else's dislike. Me and my dislike for World of Warcraft is a great example. I got bashed for liking it so I started bashing those people for liking it, none but themselves are at fault and they deserve such treatment.

Demon619

Deadman walking
I get bashed on almost a daily basis for not liking COD and Warcraft, I just ignore them though and tell them my normal responce " I don't give a Fu*k."

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I think the topic should be "Ever Been Bashed for Liking an Underrated Game?" because I get laughed at every time for liking Final Fantasy XIII a lot more than Final Fantasy VIII, IX, and XII. Or liking Nier.

But the only overrated games I either dislike, criticized heavily, or really don't care for are Mass Effect 2 (don't care what people say, its not an RPG), Fallout 3...well to make a long story short, any WRPGs.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I liked Oblivion, but for some reason the Fallout games bored me to tears. I think it's the lack of a colorful environment. It's just gray building after gray rock after brown creature.

Of course, to quote VGCats, adding more brown ALWAYS makes things more realistic.

Meg

Storm Silves;289360 said:
I liked Oblivion, but for some reason the Fallout games bored me to tears. I think it's the lack of a colorful environment. It's just gray building after gray rock after brown creature.

Same here! I don't not like New Vegas, but I can't get really into it, or care about anything that happens.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;289360 said:

Of course, to quote VGCats, adding more brown ALWAYS makes things more realistic.

I'm victim of this too. Fallout 3 is really good and all. But the word wasteland kind of explains it all. To me the shooting loses it's touch after a while and the environment is only exciting for like 10 hours and then... :\

Top Bottom