• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ever Been Bashed for Disliking an Overrated Game?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Share your experiences of that sort here. I get bashed on a daily basis for not liking Halo. >.>

Meg

WHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You dont leik Halo! how can yo not liek HALO! itz the god of vidoe gamez!!

Actually I played a couple Halo games briefly and while nothing special they weren't to bad.

I get bashed for not liking Final Fantasy games minus XIII.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, similarly, I get bashed for disliking first person shooter games in general. And people always try to tell me that I'm lying because Metroid Prime is a first person shooter, but it's not. It's a first person adventure. There's a difference. It seems that every first person game people see, they automatically think shooter for some reason. >.>

aka958

Don't trust people
WORLD OF WARCRAFT! Constantly. But because of me getting constantly bashed because I kind of dislike it I've grown a hate for it and starting bashing others for liking it. Like... family. XD

HALO! The game feels tedious, repetetive and boring. People gets like "What?" when I say I just don't like it. Some people bash me about it.

CALL OF DUTY! Another FPS to me, nothing else. I get bashed for me thinking it's the same as other FPS's and I dislike it.

GRAND THEFT AUTO SERIES! I don't like it and I think there is nothing to do but kill people in the end. I get bashed for it and I somehow don't know jack sh*t about games. :\

MOST FPS GAMES! Me no likes them. Me getting hammer in head cus of that.

I'll come back with more.

Ohh... I'm constantly bashed for liking Final Fantasy. But that is something else. xP

Meg

^ Gah! I agree with like everything you said! GTA needs to die. So does World of Warcraft. Halo is ok. CoD is fun, but it ain't God. *hugs Aka and DT* Its ok guys! We'll get through this.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Mainstream games are bland and repetitive. I enjoy variety, not "shoot shoot shoot run to this location then shoot shoot shoot then run over here shoot shoot shoot mission over."

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;286651 said:
^ Gah! I agree with like everything you said! GTA needs to die. So does World of Warcraft. Halo is ok. CoD is fun, but it ain't God. *hugs Aka and DT* Its ok guys! We'll get through this.

Yays! Hugs! :3
*hugs Meg*

Well... I've become quite offensive after getting bashed for not liking it. So I bash those people for liking it. If someone wants to argue about why let's say... World of Warcraft is a good game I bring through my arguments and all they do is comparing it to games I like such as Final Fantasy or Starcraft 2, two games of entirely different genres.

I usually make them completely dumbstruck after I've brought forth my twentieth argument to why it's boring to me that they just give up and walks away or just tells me to stop and starts getting irritated.

Win! =D
Bash me for disliking it and I'll bash you for liking it sucker! XD

Meg

^ Pure logic is the best weapon against fanboys. :lol:

Storm Silves;286653 said:
Mainstream games are bland and repetitive. I enjoy variety, not "shoot shoot shoot run to this location then shoot shoot shoot then run over here shoot shoot shoot mission over."

I get what you're saying, but sometimes I'm in the mood for those kinds of games. However I've gotten a lot pickier lately.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;286655 said:
^ Pure logic is the best weapon against fanboys. :lol:

I get what you're saying, but sometimes I'm in the mood for those kinds of games. However I've gotten a lot pickier lately.

Pure opinion that is backed up with logic. :p

And yeah, sometimes I want to shoot around a little, for adrenaline kicks. Thus I got Unreal Tournament to just play whenever I want to. I played alot of shooting games such as Lost Planet, Army of Two, and Resident Evil but lately... I see this new epic shooting game Vanquish, I played the demo and I was stunned by it's epicness.
Do I want to buy it? No, I don't even have the slightest desire to play it. :\

The crazy demon;286657 said:
For disliking the original FF<.<

!!! You don't like a game from 1988 and get bashed for it? Plus the game was amongst the most buggy and glitchy in the world?
Talk about hardcore fans you are getting bashed by. XD
Where and who are they? XD

Meg

aka958;286661 said:
Pure opinion that is backed up with logic. :p

And yeah, sometimes I want to shoot around a little, for adrenaline kicks. Thus I got Unreal Tournament to just play whenever I want to. I played alot of shooting games such as Lost Planet, Army of Two, and Resident Evil but lately... I see this new epic shooting game Vanquish, I played the demo and I was stunned by it's epicness.
Do I want to buy it? No, I don't even have the slightest desire to play it. :\

Vanquish is supposed to be really short to. So chances are playing the demo is all you need to get the full experience. I want to play it eventually, but I'll probably wait for the price to drop.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Don't like FPS, never have done and never will.

One I do get B.A.S.H.E.D. for is that I don't like Legend of Zelda either.
I find it boring. I've tried Ocarina of Time... i lost valuable time that could've been used playing something else...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I'm not a huge fan of Half Life 2.
One of the other forums I frequent is filled to the brim with Valve fanboys...Last time I posted that little fact there, my email inbox got spammed with 20 messages, all quotes of that post, telling me that I'm either a "f*cking moron", "uneducated", "I don't know good games" and that I'm "pathetic" for hating something so popular, and that I'm obviously trying to jump onto some sort of bandwagon.

Also, @DT, I'm surprised that people bash you for not liking Halo, last I checked it was held in massively wide consensus that every Halo game from 2 onwards has been the most inanely generic, boring and dull series of GRR SPACE MARINE TOUGH GUY GRR FPS games in recent years.

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;286663 said:
Vanquish is supposed to be really short to. So chances are playing the demo is all you need to get the full experience. I want to play it eventually, but I'll probably wait for the price to drop.

Short?

I dislike short games. Especially if they have a price tag of 599 swedish crowns. <.<
"Oh yeah buy this really new game! It will bring you eight hours of joy until you are completely bored with it! Totally worth every crown!"
"NO!" *runs*

Angelo Credo;286665 said:
I'm not a huge fan of Half Life 2.
One of the other forums I frequent is filled to the brim with Valve fanboys...Last time I posted that little fact there, my email inbox got spammed with 20 messages, all quotes of that post, telling me that I'm either a "f*cking moron", "uneducated", "I don't know good games" and that I'm "pathetic" for hating something so popular, and that I'm obviously trying to jump onto some sort of bandwagon.

Also, @DT, I'm surprised that people bash you for not liking Halo, last I checked it was held in massively wide consensus that every Halo game from 2 onwards has been the most inanely generic, boring and dull series of GRR SPACE MARINE TOUGH GUY GRR FPS games in recent years.

Lawl... I don't like Half Life 2 either. But I haven't said it so I haven't been bashed for disliking it. xP

It's usually fanboys who rage on you for disliking their games though. :\

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
God, LoZ... I dislike that game so much. Funnily enough, I got bashed for liking DMC when the people didn't have a single clue what they were talking about. Behold the stupidity of said conversation.

Idiot: "Devil May Cry is the stupidest first person shooter ever!"

Me: "It's a hack n' slash. Not even close to a shooter."

Idiot: "Doesn't it have guns in it?"

Me: "Barely. It has swords, not guns."

Idiot: "So? It still sucks."

Me: "You obviously have never played it."

Idiot: *doesn't speak and walks off*

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;286667 said:
God, LoZ... I dislike that game so much. Funnily enough, I got bashed for liking DMC when the people didn't have a single clue what they were talking about. Behold the stupidity of said conversation.

Idiot: "Devil May Cry is the stupidest first person shooter ever!"

Me: "It's a hack n' slash. Not even close to a shooter."

Idiot: "Doesn't it have guns in it?"

Me: "Barely. It has swords, not guns."

Idiot: "So? It still sucks."

Me: "You obviously have never played it."

Idiot: *doesn't speak and walks off*

Link! Attack that guy!

Link: "Ha! Ha! HIYA!"

Lawl. He can moan and scream all he likes, but Navi got his tongue. XD

I got bashed for liking DMC too, even though the random idiot didn't know what it was. DX

Meg

I never got bashed for liking DMC, but I do get weird looks. XD

aka958

Don't trust people
Meg;286669 said:
I never got bashed for liking DMC, but I do get weird looks. XD

Random guy: "Hurr durr you like that piece of crap? I'm gonna play GTA like any real person would do."

What would be your response?

Meg

aka958;286670 said:
Random guy: "Hurr durr you like that piece of crap? I'm gonna play GTA like any real person would do."

What would be your response?

Pft. Go ahead.

Top Bottom