• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

don't get why some people made the new DMC such a big deal everything changes for a reason

This_IZ_Sparda!

i perfered dmc3 dantes moves to the reboot but maybe ill get used to it idk lol
*bad time for me to edit huh? lemme just repost the sentence i posted lol

well it wasn't THAT bad.. really. just another hack n' slash game you could get to enjoy during leisure. I felt the same way with Duke Nukem Forever, (even though DmC was WAY better than that!) where i could just play it for the fun and the lols. and dmc did not really disappoint. but i guess it ranked down compared to other DMC's

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But see, the series did end. It was all but done with DMC4! It wasn't a decision to make DMC5 or DmC, DmC was the first and only thought when they decided to pick up the IP again when they did.

Actually I have to disagree with this sentiment.

Itsuno himself stated near DMC4's release was that DMC4 had an open ending so they can follow up a sequel based on how the game is received by the fans and stated possibilities of DMC5 being a Nero stand alone sequel, a Dante adventure, or they tag teamed. They even stated they rebooted DMC or attempted DmC to try something new before the series gets the stale.

Most companies really attempts reboots after the series gets stale or after its been out of the limelight for a long time. Capcom themselves sort of admitted they rebooted the series early so they can try something new before the series got stale warranting a reboot.

You're right on how there is no time limit to reboot a series but most companies do reboots in a point that I dub the "safe period" where attempting a reboot will receive more positive reception than bad due to the series reaching a point where the fanbase is more accepting of a reboot (Tomb Raider being a good example).

This_IZ_Sparda!

Most companies really attempts reboots after the series gets stale or after its been out of the limelight for a long time. Capcom themselves sort of admitted they rebooted the series early so they can try something new before the series got stale warranting a reboot.

You're right on how there is no time limit to reboot a series but most companies do reboots in a point that I dub the "safe period" where attempting a reboot will receive more positive reception than bad due to the series reaching a point where the fanbase is more accepting of a reboot (Tomb Raider being a good example).

well, i guess putting ourselves in the shoes of the company, it's either more money making schemes and plainly at that, or an attempt to save the series. If and only IF, Capcom decides to make a sequel of the reboot (whether it's with NT, if they behave better this time, or some other company), they'd better be consistent and errr remedy their actions. I personally wish they'd pay more attention with the original storyline and treat the reboot as an alternate storyline, like how they do it with comics (as i initially see it)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
treat the reboot as an alternate storyline, like how they do it with comics (as i initially see it)

They do treat the DmC storyline as an alternate. It was stated like three years ago that DmC was what could be considered an alternate universe like in comics.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Mature debate is welcome but stay away from personal comments/attacks and flame baiting.
Hell, if they'd make a DMC5 instead their sheep fanbase would flock to it in seconds.

Now we wait for a ****ty DMC5 or a ****ty DmC2 to come out of Capcom's ass. But either way, people will still be mad regardless.
Way to go guys. You all f*cked this whole thread up with your whiny sheepish love for your worshiper Kamiya.

I hope you are all proud of yourselves.

I'm off. Off to find a thread with some actual maturity.

Goodbye.
You must be very proud of yourself.
He shouldn't start what he can't finish, but fine. I'll stop.
Fine, I'll let it be.

Warning added for blatant flame baiting & as reminder to not attempt this again and as a warning to others this will not be tolerated. Nothing can be gained from making things personal, though glad you did walk away in the end.

This_IZ_Sparda!

OH WELL, LET'S MAKE PEACE, PEEPOL! I actually wanted say a lot, but since a lot of you made your points in a clear, intelligent manner... well here's a picture to act as a truce. :happy: Respect to both classic and reboot/s
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/091/1/9/dmc__armwrestle_by_lilacsbloom-d602sxa.jpg

Well, a few things i could draw out of from this thread. Capcom may be the one to blame coz of how they treated the franchise and their customers, particularly the fans. well, without too explicit about it, i think Japan's been like that with their franchises whether it's games or anime. A lot of story information are actually hidden from audiences worldwide, keeping most of it to themselves. I'd usually get ****ed off when they suddenly cut the story off from the series or games, then i sort of hear about some continuity in Japan. Without any better term for it, i'd say it's kinda selfish. oh well, their franchises, their rules i guess.

It's pretty apparent in a lot of anything Japanese, I feel. I notice it a lot more than not in a lot of the anime/japanese-developed games I enjoy.

However, what was said before is also true - Japan is stuck in this idea of shoehorning characters into specific archetypes, because they see everything that was good for the longest time had things that followed those archetypes, instead of y'know...those things being written well.

I'm beginning to see a trend with the way Japan thinks...they see something is popular, but then completely misconstrue what actually makes it popular. Games by western developers were popular, so they start giving their IPs to western developers. Or, on the flipside, Namco Bandai thought that because CoD and shooters sell so well, that nobody cares about RPGs like their Tales of series anymore...

To this I claim that Japan has gone retarded...

I feel yah, brah. I've been waiting to say something like this or hear it better from somebody else! I do love animes, Japanese games, manga *sort of*, and probably Japanese story telling in general. But, I've always felt theyre missing something especially in their portrayal of "foreigners". seriously, a lot of their characterization and portrayal of the rest of the world (especially Western culture) are misconstrued and maybe even catered to the archetypes that you mentioned there. well, the way i'd summarize it i guess is that game/anime producers "Japan-ize/anime-ize" these characters, which is very inaccurate and sort of stale in my opinion. Aside from what i've heard from DMC2, I felt that the character Dante portrayed from the other games was... *for lack of a better term* the same. I guess in my opinion Dante's characterization, at least, needs to evolve or show a bit of flexibility, which i somehow see in his characterization DmC. (alright, disregarding the "f*** you! F*** YOUUUUU!!" sequence with Poison the Succubus, but i did find that funny though).

Top Bottom