• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

don't get why some people made the new DMC such a big deal everything changes for a reason

kelvin

yes everyone has there right to there own opinion but if you need to say something about the new DMC game weather u like it or not then theres no need to make threats or troll people who like the game after all i like the new DMC yes it has its faults but all games do when they try to re model a game franchise some times they get it right and sometimes they don't its just something you have to deal with because am sure in the future the company who made the game will look at what people liked and disliked and try to make it so that everyones needs are met witch is quite impossible by the way so if you don't like something then just talk about it insted of going off on one. Or if there is any spelling mistakes then i am sorry

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
yes everyone has there right to there own opinion but if you need to say something about the new DMC game weather u like it or not then theres no need to make threats or troll people who like the game after all i like the new DMC yes it has its faults but all games do when they try to re model a game franchise some times they get it right and sometimes they don't its just something you have to deal with because am sure in the future the company who made the game will look at what people liked and disliked and try to make it so that everyones needs are met witch is quite impossible by the way so if you don't like something then just talk about it insted of going off on one.

Well, the most important spelling mistake would be 'DMC', since it's not a DMC game. That's why it's called DmC, with a lower case 'm'.

As for why so many people dislike DmC, that's pretty obvious. It's not because of the fact that Devil May Cry changed: for me, it's because of the fact that it changed too soon, and also because of the type of change. The DMC series had not ended yet, but DmC was developed anyway. That led to the DMC games probably getting abandoned. Not only have I heard nothing about DmC2 being developed, I haven't heard any talk about DMC5 either. If DmC2 is made, there's a good chance the DMC series will die.
By the type of change I mean that DmC does not resemble the old games in the slightest. You might argue that's logical because it's a reboot, but there's also reboots that resemble the original product in some ways. When I watched the newest Batman movies, I didn't think 'this is not Batman' even once. With DmC, though... it didn't give me that Devil May Cry vibe. Sure, there's a guy called Mundus and Dante and Vergil, but they're almost totally different, and the whole style or atmosphere of things is different (and it doesn't always seem appropriate). Aside from that, the gameplay can be considered inferior to that of DMC3 and DMC4 - no offense intended! Maybe it's just reboots in general that annoy me.

Anyway, the reboot came too soon and made a lot of people angry - also for reasons like the game's developer claiming to know what makes a game cool, and that DMC was not cool. Needless to say, what's cool and what's not is entirely subjective. Tameem did not seem to realize that.
Yes, I know the Devil May Cry series made no sense canon-wise. In DMC1, Dante had not known Vergil since he got abducted when he was eight. In DMC3 (nine years before DMC1), he suddenly met him on the Temen-Ni-Gru at age nineteen (and had met him a year before that too, I think). DMC2 went off on another tangent with a totally different Dante (who was fairly silent/phlegmatic). But I don't understand why Capcom suddenly went ''hey, this is a mess - we should reboot it!'' only after they had made DMC4. Why then? Why not reboot the series after DMC2, instead of making a prequel (DMC3), and then DMC4? Capcom dropped the ball on that one.

In response to what you said at the end, I agree. But it also goes for people who do like DmC. If you've got something to say, you should be able to say it. If your comment is not intended to be hurtful, then it's not your fault if people get angry with you. If they feel entitled to not feel hurt by what you said, that's their problem. Like Stephen Fry said, ''It's actually nothing more than a whine: 'I am offended by that'. So f*cking what''. As long as you're civil about it, I don't see the problem.

Sorry for the long post. I just want to make it clear that although I appreciate DmC for what it could've been, I do not appreciate it for what it is. I dislike the characters, its style, its atmosphere, its script, etc etc. I think many things DmC does are of low quality, while others are of a higher quality than in DMC. So I do not intend to hate on DmC, but rather lament the missed opportunity, the developers' stance, and the reboot's terrible timing. Aside from that, if DmC replaces DMC, there's nothing we can do about that, but I hope, like you said, that DmC2 will improve on a lot of things.

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
For me it was that i think they tried to do too much with the gameplay and that they wrote off nero who would have been a perfectly good character to build another game off of namely his origins that and i dont like what they have done with dante im not opposed to the change itself just the direction the change went in

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Because, like Lionhart said, it was too soon for any kind of reboot to come. Hell, if they'd make a DMC5 instead their sheep fanbase would flock to it in seconds. But that wouldn't do much in terms of sails because it would be looked at as just another DMC game.

the reboot was a different kind of twist that caught attention and therefore Devil May Cry getting larger attention then it ever got before.

Now we wait for a ****ty DMC5 or a ****ty DmC2 to come out of Capcom's ass. But either way, people will still be mad regardless.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Because, like Lionhart said, it was too soon for any kind of reboot to come. Hell, if they'd make a DMC5 instead their sheep fanbase would flock to it in seconds. But that wouldn't do much in terms of sails because it would be looked at as just another DMC game.

the reboot was a different kind of twist that caught attention and therefore Devil May Cry getting larger attention then it ever got before.

Now we wait for a ****ty DMC5 or a ****ty DmC2 to come out of Capcom's ass. But either way, people will still be mad regardless.

DmC didnt sell that well regardless of the change though i honestly think a dmc5 based off of nero's origins and included dante and a new enemy possibly mundus and giving new abilities to nero including lady in the gaemplay and a vergil dlc wouldve done much better

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I'd advise you not to call an entire fanbase 'sheep'. It could be seen as deliberately offensive, as well as generalizing. I personally wouldn't enjoy being called a 'sheep' for wanting the series to end before it started over. Pretty logical, really. DMC5 could be a really good game. Just because you didn't like DMC4 doesn't make it a bad game, and it doesn't give you clairvoyance to know that DMC5 wouldn't be good.

Bazilican

DmC didnt sell that well regardless of the change though i honestly think a dmc5 based off of nero's origins and included dante and a new enemy possibly mundus and giving new abilities to nero including lady in the gaemplay and a vergil dlc wouldve done much better

Yeah, in the niche fanbase. It wouldn't have done much to the all around sales Capcom were going for.

I'd advise you not to call an entire fanbase 'sheep'. It could be seen as deliberately offensive, as well as generalizing. I personally wouldn't enjoy being called a 'sheep' for wanting the series to end before it started over. Pretty logical, really. DMC5 could be a really good game. Just because you didn't like DMC4 doesn't make it a bad game, and it doesn't give you clairvoyance to know that DMC5 wouldn't be good.

I calm 'em how I see 'em.
leonardo-dicaprio-shrug-reaction-gif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

AcidX_Y

Capcom alone wouldn't release all that in one game.

Bazilican

I wouldn't say sheep. Otherwise there wouldn't have been a lashout at DMC2 and DmC (yes it's a reboot but sheep would love anything with their beloved title on it amirite?)
the_more_you_know.jpg

And yet guess which DMC sold the most out of all of them?

See, that kind of snarky response is what starts fights on forums. Don't do that. We're all just people, and calling others 'sheep' because they hold a different opinion than you, well, that's pretty lame.

Who said you had to respond to the fire?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
And yet guess which DMC sold the most out of all of them?

Who said you had to respond to the fire?

DMC4, I guess? It got a lot of sales because it was released after DMC3, because people wanted/expected a game that was about as good. By that I mean that DMC3 caused an uproar (the good kind), then people realized DMC4 wasn't quite as good at the last moment. The Devil May Cry series gained a lot of renown for its third entry - hence DMC4's sales. DMC4 was a fairly good game nonetheless - I don't care about how much you dislike it for having a slightly different Dante.
DMC3, in the meantime, didn't sell that much because people lost interest after the mediocre DMC2. That's how sales figures come to be, too.

*Are you seriously not accepting responsibility for your words? I hope life will treat you well despite that attitude. Anyway, I'm done talking.

Bazilican

Neither of them if I'm not mistaken...

DMC4, I guess? It got a lot of sales because it was released after DMC3, because people wanted/expected a game that was about as good. By that I mean that DMC3 caused an uproar (the good kind), then people realized DMC4 wasn't quite as good at the last moment. DMC4 was a fairly good game nonetheless - I don't care about how much you dislike it for having a slightly different Dante.
Actually out of all the games, DMC2 sold the most in the entire series.

*Are you seriously not accepting responsibility for your words? I hope life will treat you well despite that attitude. Anyway, I'm done talking.

You didn't even have to start.

Kaim Argonar

DMC4, I guess? It got a lot of sales because it was released after DMC3, because people wanted/expected a game that was about as good. By that I mean that DMC3 caused an uproar (the good kind), then people realized DMC4 wasn't quite as good at the last moment. DMC4 was a fairly good game nonetheless - I don't care about how much you dislike it for having a slightly different Dante.
DMC3, in the meantime, didn't sell that much because people lost interest after the mediocre DMC2. That's how sales figures come to be, too.

....Dont you mean... done typing?
tumblr_lpv3eyl3Xz1qbylvso1_250.gif

Top Bottom