• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DoA Producer talks "Cultural Barrier between West and Japan"

The Final Offer

I die a little inside when someone says something about art styles not working in West or in the East. GTFO, you just haven't hit that sweet spot.

giphy.gif

GF9000000Returns

In her childhood. And if you admit it, yes, it does sound like hypocrisy

I don't even have a problem if the "extreme" japanese games have backstories like that too. Just as long as it's done right.

Topic's theme is cultural barrier between west and east. So, you can be put off by underaged characters but don't forget thats it's not some japanese gaming trial. It's about difference between 2 sides.

And the difference is that the east can be more extreme and sick than the west is at times.

There aren't many underaged characters in it though. I think only problematic character is Ayane.

*shrug* The last game I played was DOA4 on my brother's 360, so I really don't remember some of the characters, but I do remember finding out about their real ages a long time ago.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't even have a problem if the "extreme" japanese games have backstories like that too. Just as long as it's done right..
But apparently you do have problem with them since from feeling here you applies your critic to all japanese games.

And the difference is that the east can be more extreme and sick than the west is at times.
Dude, sorry, but with stories like GoT and Witcher coming from west I don't see where this fits. And by Witcher i mean mass child rape only to cut their fetuses when they get pregnant (and no I don't make things up as messed up it could hear)

*shrug* The last game I played was DOA4 on my brother's 360, so I really don't remember some of the characters, but I do remember finding out about their real ages a long time ago.
as far as I read most of them are in 18+ niveau

GF9000000Returns

But apparently you do have problem with them since from feeling here you applies your critic to all japanese games.

I just have a problem with their designs. Everything else, I don't care for.

Dude, sorry, but with stories like GoT and Witcher coming from west I don't see where this fits. And by Witcher i mean mass child rape only to cut their fetuses when they get pregnant (and no I don't make things up as messed up it could hear)

Touche. But I still think Japan is still more extreme.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Touche. But I still think Japan is still more extreme.
I dunno. If i think back to games i played, outside of ridiculous designs Japan rarely adds extreme stuff to games. Maybe with few weird ones like Rule of Rose and Drakengard. Maybe I forget somethign, but sickest stuff comes to games like Outlast imo...

Top Bottom