• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg

How about we don't talk about other members in a thread? PMs are a much nicer place to discuss/complain/bash other people. Whichever one you want. :)

OT: I have the right to complain about DmC because I am American and my first Amendment says soOO!!!!

Oh wait this is a British forum. Crap...

NeroS

..who am i kidding lets just morph and eat em!
I just so happen to dislike denial though. I mean, change can sometimes be good and bad. It's like a double edged sword. But, why succumb and pretend the original DMC wasn't any good? When I see **** like "DMC was starting to get rather stale", I was like...."What?" DMC was never stale, only in DMC2. DMC had 2 great games, and one good one. DMC1 was revolutionary to the action adventure/hack n' slash genre. DMC2 might've been the most disappointing sequel in history. DMC3 follows DMC1's trend whilst keeping things fresh. There was some repetition in DMC4 with the backtracking, but, I do not like the implications I've been seeing here. So, one confusing/"bad" sequel justifies a reboot to a well established franchise? If that's the case, then you also imply DMC should've been rebooted right after the abomination that was 2. DMC4 wasn't even that confusing anyways. Sure it introduced a new main character, but Capcom could've done more with him. And even if they couldn't (Which I doubt), Capcom could've done MORE with DMC in general. Like, another prequel detailing Sparda's rebellion against Mundus for example. DMC didn't deserve a reboot. And new gameplay elements could've been done in a sequel.

You guys back up and welcome DmC so kindly yet you forget the fact that this also means we'll never see a real DMC5, the original Dante, Vergil, or any DMC character in a DMC game ever again. It doesn't make sense to continue an old series after it's been rebooted. Think of it from a company's perspective. I was attached to Dante and he was very iconic to the gaming industry, and I don't this new one can replace him. RIP old DMC.

And yes, we do have the right to complain about DmC. We never asked for a reboot. (Que Adam Jensen from Deus Ex: Human Revolution; "I never asked for this" XD) Infact, what ****es me off the most is that, Capcom promised that the next DMC would be custom tailored to what the fans want, but they gave us a reboot instead. What the fk? =/ I'll still give the new DmC a shot, though...Gameplay sounds interesting.
I don't care that much about not seeing My favorite characters in a sequel.Cool as it may be i can just look at them at the old games.I simply like DmC for what it is.We all know Capcom cant do a thing pretty much anymore as they just got simply lazy for DMC.DMC4 was all just pointless.good game but yet pointless it just simply left more plot holes.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
dont-feed-the-troll.jpeg

XDD

We need to get back on topic. XD

Oh sorry right back on topic,
LINK
;)

Asmodaius

How about we turn the thread around, and then I will ask...

Do the DMC fans have the right to support the new DmC?

It occurs to me that there are indeed some sceptics who find supporting this game and this new Dante as going against being a DMC fan , e.g. as heatlancer so colourfully posted earlier. Do we, the supporters, really have to just sit back and take sh*t from people who don't agree with us?​

Respect goes both ways.​

It occurs to me that there are indeed some sceptics who find supporting this game and this new Dante as going against being a DMC fan , e.g. as heatlancer so colourfully posted earlier. Do we, the supporters, really have to just sit back and take sh*t from people who don't agree with us?​

Respect goes both ways.​
We have right to support this game because we think change was needed and the canon was going in the wrong way as of me at least.
This doesn't mean I do not like DMC canon, but that by adding more episodes to it, my favourite series would become commercial ****.

D-Sparda

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

Respect goes both ways.​
I was waiting for you to turn the situation around. So... are you going to make a thread about it?

Asmodaius

I was waiting for you to turn the situation around. So... are you going to make a thread about it?

Hmm, not sure... Depends if people find it alright to discuss the matter here or not.
If not, then yeah, I guess I could make a new thread about it. But if people find it alright to talk about here, then we'll just do that. ^^

It is still on-topic, just the other end of the spectrum, so to speak... the other side of the same coin.

Hmm, not sure... Depends if people find it alright to discuss the matter here or not.
If not, then yeah, I guess I could make a new thread about it. But if people find it alright to talk about here, then we'll just do that. ^^

It is still on-topic, just the other end of the spectrum, so to speak... the other side of the same coin.
Keep it here, it ensures everyone involved in discussion will see it.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Respect goes both ways.​

True indeed.

But let me ask you something.

How come when we naysayer say something bad about the game we usually hear that "Its to early to form a opinion on it".

But when someone praises it its not the same.

Not to long ago I was engaged in a conversation with GamblingGambitCloud and he seems to have a problem with people posting negative critic towards the game because it has not been released.

And yet I hardly have seen anyone say the contrary to the supporters.

Kinda sounds like a "double standard" does it not?

Asmodaius

True indeed.

But let me ask you something.

How come when we naysayer say something bad about the game we usually hear that "Its to early to form a opinion on it".

But when someone praises it its not the same.

Not to long ago I was engaged in a conversation with GamblingGambitCloud and he seems to have a problem with people posting negative critic towards the game because it has not been released.

And yet I hardly have seen anyone say the contrary to the supporters.

Kinda sounds like a "double standard" does it not?

Indeed, double standards come from both sides. I admit, I've even had double standards, also when discussing matters with you. I try to change though in hopes of others will as well, and try and be more acceptive of other people's opinions, wether they are for or against the new DmC.

After all, we are ALL DMC fans. And we are here to discuss our common interest in these games. In the end, it doesn't really matter if others like or dislike a game, a character or whatever.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It occurs to me that there are indeed some sceptics who find supporting this game and this new Dante as going against being a DMC fan, e.g. as heatlancer so colourfully posted earlier. Do we, the supporters, really have to just sit back and take sh*t from people who don't agree with us? Respect goes both ways.

Yeah, respect does go both ways. And those who support the game should get as much respect as those who dislike the game. But let's just learn to be open minded both ways. Those who like the game should still be sceptic, because there may be something they change that they then dislike. And vice versa for those who dislike the game. Just thinking that there won't be a single thing you'll like about it, or thinking you'll just like everything about it, is just biased.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Indeed, double standards come from both sides. I admit, I've even had double standards, also when discussing matters with you. I try to change though in hopes of others will as well, and try and be more acceptive of other people's opinions, wether they are for or against the new DmC.

After all, we are ALL DMC fans. And we are here to discuss our common interest in these games. In the end, it doesn't really matter if others like or dislike a game, a character or whatever.

Something we can agree on.

One thing I have never said to the "supporters" is that they are not true DMC fans for liking this game.

That would just be immature IMO.

I may not agree with all the praise and talk about how DMC was becoming "stale" but I still will respect your opinions and not call you guys out on anything.

Most of the time I usually just get into arguments with you guys because I am simply trying to defend my opinion that in my eyes it seems like some of you guys are trying to attack or challenge.

But indeed we are all DMC fans and we really should not try to condemn eachother for having differing opinions.

But alas, I doubt this is the last we will see of the "supporters" vs "skeptics" bickering.

Asmodaius

I can only say I like what we've seen so far and I have high hopes for the storyline in this game, as I like how NT have told the stories in their past games. I have yet to see something which would disappoint me, so I'm not sure what I should be sceptic about...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
But alas, I doubt this is the last we will see of the "supporters" vs "skeptics" bickering.

If most 'sceptics' and 'supporters' were as mature as yourself, this thing would all blow over sooner than we'd think. It's all it takes really. Learning to appreciate that we hold a difference of opinion. Respecting that difference of opinion. And just upholding this level of maturity.

I can only say I like what we've seen so far and I have high hopes for the storyline in this game, as I like how NT have told the stories in their past games. I have yet to see something which would disappoint me, so I'm not sure what I should be sceptic about...

I have the same opinion. I didn't take to Dante's new design at first. When they redesigned him, then I liked it. Are you open minded to the fact that they may change/add something that you don't like?

rogue_devil

Yeah, respect does go both ways. And those who support the game should get as much respect as those who dislike the game. But let's just learn to be open minded both ways. Those who like the game should still be sceptic, because there may be something they change that they then dislike. And vice versa for those who dislike the game. Just thinking that there won't be a single thing you'll like about it, or thinking you'll just like everything about it, is just biased.
yes im biased because im too attached to old dante.
i think its NT's fault,and im going to tell u why,we dont know any thing about the game,and all we saw was more of the same,and if things aren't bad Enough,they are putting stuff like angel form or what ever u want to call it, with no explanation,are they expecting me to take there word that its going to be great game, of course they're going to say that they are not going to say,u no what it might suck.
now the ppl who like this game are Hypocrites(i respect ur opinion),they say wait fore the game to be released then judge it and thats fine,only if u have doubts about the game, we saw nothing to make us happy about the change or explaining it YET,so why do u like it when u didnt play it either?and please i need an answer, maybe im missing something.
Edit:this is for every one not just for u lordofdarknes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom