• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

Do the Devil May Cry fans have a right to complain about the new DMC?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
u were just talkin about this hehe
and yes, his back story would be in goods hands with NT telling it

I know xD But seriously, added more to the point that a Reboot wasn't crucially needed. An origin story for Nero was needed though, and would of been ideal after the release of Devil May Cry 4. I'm kind of disappointed that this isn't Nero's story being told. Just a 'non' canon back-story to Dante. That if it is 'non' canon, then it isn't even relevant to the rest of the Series anyway. So how is this explaining anything to us? It's just becoming more confusing/frustrating if you ask me, because real answers are being delayed even longer than necessary.

Nope. I don't like Nero and wish he never existed. Hopefully, he will never appear in this reboot of the series.

Well I respect your opinion. However, Capcom still introduced him to us randomly. Perhaps a lot of dislike towards him, at least I found, was that he was never introduced properly to the Series. And regardless to anyone's dislike, he still needs to be explained. Capcom got themselves into that trouble when they brought him into the story.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Does anyone agree that if Ninja Theory have such a great way of telling stories and explaining things, then they should of just worked on Nero's origins instead of Dante's? Since Dante, whether it wasn't elaborated on much, already had a back-story we were aware of.
Yep, I agree with that. (now I can't get that scene with Leo from Catch me if you can out of my head) I concur, I concur! XD

rogue_devil

at least nero didnt say my "name is dante" in DMC4. hes just a new guy(although i wouldve liked to play with dante more), but i didnt see nero that much of a problem.one more thing,ppl always say that all the hate is coming from the fan base,will isnt that how its suppose to be,the fans know about this game more than any one(and yes more than NT),they know what got them to play this game,and what made the game COOL(that one is for tameem),so in the end they are the ultimate judge.
i said this before but i feel i need to repeat it,maybe the game is good hell it could be great im not arguing about that,but thats not the point the point is, is it a great DMC game.

i think it would be frustrating hearing people complain about a hair style. And yes the majority of the complaints come from dante's look.

I always miss the main event on this forums....wish I had a laptop.
What's wrong with his haircut....it's normal short hair, yeah it has little "emo" part in it but look now at DMC3 Dante's haircut and tell me it isn't emo.
Does anyone agree that if Ninja Theory have such a great way of telling stories and explaining things, then they should of just worked on Nero's origins instead of Dante's? Since Dante, whether it wasn't elaborated on much, already had a back-story we were aware of.
Nero's origins?, wait...you want a game with a fourteen year old Nero who's just entered puberty and started being rebellious like he appears in the DMC4.
I think there's nothing special about his background, he was a normal child until he got injured in a fight with demons invading from Mitis Forest (injury was inflicted to his right shoulder and thus he wears that bandage).
And Dante's back-story features Dante at the same age as Nero.....so I come to conclusion that we already have Nero's back-story.
Nero couldn't have been born with Devil Bringer because it would be impossible to keep it a secret from Order for his whole life...so he was normal human before the attack of demons.

Asmodaius

at least nero didnt say my "name is dante" in DMC4.

Why would he? Nero isn't Dante.
The main protagonist of this game is, though.

Your idea of a brainwash sounds rather interesting, however, I would hate it if he turns out to really be Nero.
No, until NT or Capcom says something else, then he's Dante to me.

Meg

I think NT sucks at storytelling so no. Not at all. :p

Meg

Asmodaius

Do you really think so little of me that you'd assume I form my opinions without any base? FO SHAME! ;)

I sincerely hope I played a NT game because I made a thread stating my reaction to it;
http://forums.devilmaycry.org/threads/so-i-just-finished-enslaved.8730/

I guess we just have to agree to disagree then.
I found the way NT told the stories was great, on par with those of God of War and many RPG's. Enslaved and Heavenly Sword had a movie'esque feel to them in the cutscenes, like if you were playing through a movie rather than just a game, and I quite enjoyed that. ^^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero's origins?, wait...you want a game with a fourteen year old Nero who's just entered puberty and started being rebellious like he appears in the DMC4.
I think there's nothing special about his background, he was a normal child until he got injured in a fight with demons invading from Mitis Forest (injury was inflicted to his right shoulder and thus he wears that bandage).
And Dante's back-story features Dante at the same age as Nero.....so I come to conclusion that we already have Nero's back-story.
Nero couldn't have been born with Devil Bringer because it would be impossible to keep it a secret from Order for his whole life...so he was normal human before the attack of demons.

Nero was 18 in Devil May Cry 4, so I believe. So no, not him at 14 years old. I was thinking 16/17 years old. I want to see the events that lead to him becoming so powerful. The events that lead to him having the Devil Bringer. It's way more than just a little injury, surely? You can't expect me to believe that anyone 'scratched' by a demon would 'mutate' like that. And how did Nero survive the battle? I know he's a good fighter, but against demons who were able to 'scratch' him. I want to know how he really survived. I want to know what truth lies behind him. I just want Capcom to explain things better, really. And to be honest, don't read too much into what it states in the Instruction Manuals. The Instruction Manuals always state things about Devil May Cry, often with such brief description and little actual fact towards them. They're just tiny statements. Can we really believe such things they claim? I wouldn't say so entirely.

That's not exactly true. The Order's intentions were to research demonic activity. The Order is corrupt under the control of Sanctus. Sanctus would of been around prior to Devil May Cry 4, and he seems to know things about Nero he doesn't let on. There's no saying that there isn't any involvement between Nero's origins and The Order, who I think play a big part in it.

Nero was 18 in Devil May Cry 4, so I believe. So no, not him at 14 years old. I was thinking 16/17 years old. I want to see the events that lead to him becoming so powerful. The events that lead to him having the Devil Bringer. It's way more than just a little injury, surely? You can't expect me to believe that anyone 'scratched' by a demon would 'mutate' like that. And how did Nero survive the battle? I know he's a good fighter, but against demons who were able to 'scratch' him. I want to know how he really survived. I want to know what truth lies behind him. I just want Capcom to explain things better, really. And to be honest, don't read too much into what it states in the Instruction Manuals. The Instruction Manuals always state things about Devil May Cry, often with such brief description and little actual fact towards them. They're just tiny statements. Can we really believe such things they claim? I wouldn't say so entirely.

That's not exactly true. The Order's intentions were to research demonic activity. The Order is corrupt under the control of Sanctus. Sanctus would of been around prior to Devil May Cry 4, and he seems to know things about Nero he doesn't let on. There's no saying that there isn't any involvement between Nero's origins and The Order, who I think play a big part in it.
Nero's exact origins are not fully explained in-game, though it seems his Devil Bringer arm was first activated during an unseen event that occurred before Devil May Cry 4. While Nero is passed out in Agnus's lab, we are given an audio flashback where we hear Kyrie scream and Nero yelling at her to run, then we are brought back to the present day as Nero opens his eyes with renewed strength and resolve and obtains Yamato; at that point, he recounts that "from that day, his arm changed". He also has hidden the Devil Bringer from everyone, indicating the Devil Bringer has manifested only recently.
I brought this from DMC wiki which I trust because it is fully dedicated to DMC games and extracts anything from the games.
I hope you can read it :D.
And one more thing Instruction manual is the only thing we can lean on FOR now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
On topic, I put yes.

off topic, I would say that reverse would be thru regarding Nero and dante's past since I think Nero's past is more defined than dante/vergil's as I could tell you more about nero's than dante's. The only big question we have of nero's is who his parents are. You could devote more time to how he got his arm but not enough to fill a whole game. so just make it a side quest or put that as the tutorial.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero's exact origins are not fully explained in-game, though it seems his Devil Bringer arm was first activated during an unseen event that occurred before Devil May Cry 4. While Nero is passed out in Agnus's lab, we are given an audio flashback where we hear Kyrie scream and Nero yelling at her to run, then we are brought back to the present day as Nero opens his eyes with renewed strength and resolve and obtains Yamato; at that point, he recounts that "from that day, his arm changed". He also has hidden the Devil Bringer from everyone, indicating the Devil Bringer has manifested only recently.
I brought this from DMC wiki which I trust because it is fully dedicated to DMC games and extracts anything from the games.
I hope you can read it :D.
And one more thing Instruction manual is the only thing we can lean on FOR now.

Now that's much more information than just, "He got scratched". That's why I hate how the Instruction Manual always gives us such basic information, that almost isn't worth reading because it's so minimal. Anyway, those are good points, but I still stand by my own opinion. Think of it like this though. Demons were in Fortuna. The Order was fighting against them. Or where they, you know? Perhaps Nero knew that Sanctus was corrupt or something? Or perhaps he knew The Order weren't all what they seemed? You could still play as him from the beginning, because his sword is modified and extremely powerful. He'd still do all of his sword moves and his gun moves, he just wouldn't have the Devil Bringer. Then say just after half way through the game, when he tells Kyrie to run he starts to feel a transformation in his arm. Afterwards you have the Devil Bringer to play with up until the end of the game. In the end, when Nero defeats the largest demon and whatnot he returns to Kyrie with his arm hidden from her. This could make for a neat little origin game, or just shown to us in a series of flashbacks. Both would be nice.

Now that's much more information than just, "He got scratched". That's why I hate how the Instruction Manual always gives us such basic information, that almost isn't worth reading because it's so minimal. Anyway, those are good points, but I still stand by my own opinion. Think of it like this though. Demons were in Fortuna. The Order was fighting against them. Or where they, you know? Perhaps Nero knew that Sanctus was corrupt or something? Or perhaps he knew The Order weren't all what they seemed? You could still play as him from the beginning, because his sword is modified and extremely powerful. He'd still do all of his sword moves and his gun moves, he just wouldn't have the Devil Bringer. Then say just after half way through the game, when he tells Kyrie to run he starts to feel a transformation in his arm. Afterwards you have the Devil Bringer to play with up until the end of the game. In the end, when Nero defeats the largest demon and whatnot he returns to Kyrie with his arm hidden from her. This could make for a neat little origin game, or just shown to us in a series of flashbacks. Both would be nice.
I vote series of flashbacks.
Game is too much for that little story, what would you do through the entire game?, defending the city from demons or listening to preaches of Order?
I laughed when you said defeat the "largest demon" :D.
That sounds so generic.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I vote series of flashbacks.
Game is too much for that little story, what would you do through the entire game?, defending the city from demons or listening to preaches of Order?
I laughed when you said defeat the "largest demon" :D.
That sounds so generic.

Yeah same. I guess it is too little to go on for a game. Would be a short game.

I know, I couldn't really think on what else to put lol It's usually how Devil May Cry goes anyway. Series of small demons, then a few large demons, then the biggest or most powerful demon. Or perhaps instead of a large demon he just kills someone who was in on The Order's plans or something? I don't know, I just agree on flashbacks too.

Yeah same. I guess it is too little to go on for a game. Would be a short game.

I know, I couldn't really think on what else to put lol It's usually how Devil May Cry goes anyway. Series of small demons, then a few large demons, then the biggest or most powerful demon. Or perhaps instead of a large demon he just kills someone who was in on The Order's plans or something? I don't know, I just agree on flashbacks too.
I'll give it some thoughts and i'll post it here when I have an idea, you do the same.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Heres a question for ya'll
Do u think game designers should take into consideration of fan input to the game or should they not?

I think game designers should stay focused on their overall plan and collaborate within the company to figure out new and inventive ways for a player to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom