• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Dante/Nero Tricks, Hints, Shortcuts

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He still can't compensate for a snatch and attack after shooting at him at close range.Plus table Hooper his stinger and you can level 3 ex streak him and DT knocking him into the air for a DT buster.But depending on how you fight him you will have to switch it up alrite.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
Plus table Hooper his stinger and you can level 3 ex streak him and DT knocking him into the air for a DT buster.

That is what I usually do, wait for his Stinger attack, table hop to avoid it, Snatch him and do a combo, and yes he still didn't counter it. But it is still far from the only tactic I did, for example I used to wait for him to come very close and Buster him just as he was about to start the attack - but he learned to counter it by sidestep, so now I wait until he actually starts to swing the sword.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can actually JC him in the air with roulette , calibur and snatch and when he breaks off DT charge shot him snatch and DT buster him.There are loads of ways but on DMD you will find that only certain methods will work.

Last edited:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
but on DMD you will find that only certain methods will work.

Not only DMD, when I just switched to Son of Sparda difficulty, I got my @ss handed to me on the first attempt of the first mission as most of the tactics I used on the lower difficulties didn't work.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
He is a lot tougher on DMD as he jumps out of snatches and busters in the air and shoots you with the shotgun.Plus his royal release does stupid damage and he uses aerial rave after a launch uses Lucifer blades kick 13 charge punches Pandora laser and more so have fun.Fighting him on DMD without the devil bringer is a fun challemge.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I just finished mission 17 on Son of Sparda difficulty. Agnus himself isn't too difficult, but enemy rush just before that battle can be pain in the back. Overall, DT Stinger was the most useful move as it can go through several opponents and move Dante away from the impeding attack, but overdoing it can be dangerous. As for boss of the prevuius mission (Berial), once the flames are down, two or more DT Stingers can be performed before he starts to recover.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Distorted real impact is the best and easiest way to get through the enemy waves on mission 17 and overdrive.If you DRI berial a few times when the flames are down you will do huge damage , then as he stands use Lucifer pin up repeatedly and it destroys him.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Usually just royal guard the blast myself jump onto a small platform and then DRI his head and royal release on his chest as he rises up under the platform.Doing that knocks him down then DRI his chest crystal 3 times more after jumping down and he is dead.This works on all modes.But as this is for beginners , I wouldn't recommend royal guarding the beam guys lol.

Last edited:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
- Assaults start spinning in the air before going underground; it is possible to use Snatch to grab them before they escape
- against Berial, on higher difficulties easiest way is to keep the distance and use lvl 3 charged shot in DT; just be careful to evade his long-range jump attacks, which are easy to notice in advance

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Use maximum bet too and DT invincibility frames too_Once you get past the first 3 missions DMD will get harder to do.Especially if you wanna do an s rank no damage run lol.

Last edited:

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I'm doing the castle part now, and when I got to the dungeon (or whatever it is) to go to the higher level, roomfull of enemies was spawned - so many in fact that they got into each other's line of fire and started fighting among themselves. I let them duke it out and cleaned the remainder.

EDIT: I also noticed that even Scarecrows have devil triggers now. About the only way to make them a danger in a group of less than a dozen, it seems.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
You can use a scarecrow as a shield while attacking a blitz with its shield up..

You can also stand next to the blitz and repeatedly dt, the DT explosion will drop it's shield.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I've noticed that most enemies cannot chain the attacks, especially if the first one misses. So my standard approach for stronger mooks and bosses is to evade their attack and then counterattack before they manage to get hold of themselves. I killed both Berial and Bael in the Bloody Palace that way without much difficulty (I just got to the stage 46).

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
well done wait til you get to the stage with the two blitzes and about 50 angelos ha ha they are fun anything past 60 is fun

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
First hint that i can remember atm is this-mission 11-sanctus boss fight-when the cutscene happens after you have damaged sanctus enough he will jump inside the saviour when that happens the saviour will try and and give you a face full of his fist however if you use your buster just as hes going to punch you you will stun him and he will spit sanctus out without a sheild and completely vunerable to another buster combo after that he will activate his sheild again and all you will have to do after that is drop his sheild and back off charge your exceed guage and when he flies back into the saviour to hit you repeat the buster and inflict damage once again:)

I've been trying to do this, again. I haven't once succeeded in stunning him in mission 11. At first, I thought it was because I was locking on, and thus, Nero would launch his DB forward, rather than performing an uppercut. However, even when I don't lock on to the Savior, Nero still launches the DB forward instead of performing the uppercut.

(I don't get it, since it's so simple to do in Mission 20).

I'm unclear as to whether my problem is timing, or if it's where I'm standing at the time when the Savior brings his fist down. If I stand as close as possible, will Nero uppercut? Or does it not matter where I stand?

Any help you can give me will be much appreciated. I can probably still get an S rank in SOS doing this mission, as long as I dodge the fist-but I really, really want to stun him. I figure if I do it once, I won't have trouble doing it from then on out...

So....help? ^^; (Seriously, over a year of playing this game, and I still can't pull that off...what the hell is wrong with me?) >.<

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
turn off automatic if your using it and just as the fist is about to hit buster it and it should work. The timing is very strict though pm me if you need more help i have no more tips for this that are regular as i have been jump canceling everything in it for the last few years ha

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
turn off automatic if your using it and just as the fist is about to hit buster it and it should work. The timing is very strict though pm me if you need more help i have no more tips for this that are regular as i have been jump canceling everything in it for the last few years ha

Ack! You mean to tell me that...automatic...has been screwing me...this whole...time? Argh! XD Lol! Of course it's something as simple as that.

*Facepalms* I never thought of that, because I pretty much suck at the game if I don't use auto-but, looks like I've got some practicing to do.

Thanks ef9 o shea; I'll try it out, and let you know.

Also, I just learned earlier that JCing isn't what I originally thought it was, either. I literally thought it was only when you use jump to cancel a string of attacks you're doing (for example, to interrupt Dante's Dance Macabre). I didn't realize it was a much broader term than that. ^^;

I need to brush up on my gamer lingo...badly.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ha you are welcome i will gladly help any time as for j‘cing you should watch a dmc4 combo mad video on youtube it will show you what full mastery of jc can grant you :D

Picard

Starfleet Demon
*Facepalms* I never thought of that, because I pretty much suck at the game if I don't use auto-but, looks like I've got some practicing to do.

I never used automatic mode for very that reason, it might make it easier in the beginning but I believed that it is better not to sacrifice versatility for the ease of play.

Top Bottom