• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC4 Dante/Nero Tricks, Hints, Shortcuts

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Soo im making this thread not for the experienced devil may cry players but for those members who might be just be joining this site and just beginning there devil may cry journey so for those players who are just beginning to play dmc4 i have found some tips, tricks, and shortcuts in the gameplay and combat through the use of youtube:p these have already proven helpful to me and so id like to give some back to this site and while im aware that most members on here already know most of these i feel like myself some may not so enjoy:)

P.S- i wont be going in order of the missions so my tips will be random:p

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
First hint that i can remember atm is this-mission 11-sanctus boss fight-when the cutscene happens after you have damaged sanctus enough he will jump inside the saviour when that happens the saviour will try and and give you a face full of his fist however if you use your buster just as hes going to punch you you will stun him and he will spit sanctus out without a sheild and completely vunerable to another buster combo after that he will activate his sheild again and all you will have to do after that is drop his sheild and back off charge your exceed guage and when he flies back into the saviour to hit you repeat the buster and inflict damage once again:)

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Second tip-mission 13-dante-dmd/sos mode-when you first start mission 13 with dante you will face a blitz within the first 2 minutes. when you do(i assume you will have aquired pandora on human mode completion) if you switch to gunslinger style and lock on to blitz and have pandora as your ranged weapon if you press the lock on+forward+style button in the gunslinger style you will drop pandora to the floor open it and use a stun attack which will instantly drop the blitz sheild allowing you to attack right away

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Third tip-mission 15-dante-boss fight- at the end of mission 15 you face another giant demon toad during the fight you will cause enough damage for him to disappear and send out his red sprites to attack and distract and or freeze you. instead of running around and risking injury and losing your style bar i have discovered that if you hold the attack button(in any style) and lock on to one of the sprites you will throw your sword rebellion at them which will cause significant damage while making that sprite you targeted back away. at the same time you can use your pistols E&I to do some extra damage. while this wont significantly raise your style bar it will prevent it from lowering(as long as you avoid damage) and it will get you some extra points now if you try to attack with rebellion the sword will come back i have yet to test if you use other arms (gilgamesh or lucifer) if your sword will come back as well

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Fourth tip-Dante-combat-frosts-okay so everyone knows with nero his devil bringer allows him to grab enemies and throw them around in many ways. frosts are especially weak to the buster attack as nero whips them around and then throws them. dante does not have a devil bringer, but he does have something better-gilgamesh- if you use the attack real impact which is when you lock on to an enemy in swordmaster style and press back on the direction analog and hold the style button dante will charge for a super uppercut which takes almost all of the frosts health. some of the more experienced members also trigger the devil trigger at the moment of impact to increase the damage however for those who cannot do that or are having trouble with the timing the normal real impact will do plenty damage on its own against the frosts

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Fifth tip-mission 10-Nero vs Dante- so im aware that our more advanded players have no problem handling dante and then some dont even bother using the devil bringer to make it more challenging however for the less experienced players heres some easy tips-one..let dante come to you the more you charge at him the more aggressive your style the more he will exploit it especially on the higher levels like dmd..so let him come to you and dodge and counter more then attack..two..the devil buster is your friend so make sure that by the end of mission ten you have a full dt bar the reason is when you activate nero's buster it acts as an attack and stuns dante for a second leaving him open to attack(hint if your smart after you have stunned him with the dt you will attack him and turn off the devil trigger so as to save your bar for further use)-three..use your devil bringer..a lot lol..for those less experienced it really helps so for example dante uses stinger you jump and dodge and then use your arm to grab him while in the air and throw him down again-tip-dante learns from your attack patterns-when you try to devil snatch him more then once he will flip out of it in the air and try to attack but at that moment you should have your blue rose gun charged to its third level so as to allow you to not only shoot him but cause extra damage-hint i recomend using your devil trigger when ever you charge shot x3 dante..whenever you counter follow up with an attack and make sure to avoid his royal guard style-ALSO- while fighting dante taunt as much as possible to keep your style bar up and your devil trigger full

Last edited:

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Sixth tip-mission 6-nero-so for all for those people who didnt know this or just dont think of it on the spot remember that during the agnus fight witht he flying swords you can stand on the middle platform without being shocked by the electrical explosion remember to also use your devil trigger bar to help deflect some of the swords flying at you-also remember on the chessboard in mission 6 and mission 19 as nero that the devil buster allows you to hit the dice and control the outcome whatever amount is facing up at the time when you hit it with the buster will be the amount you move by..this allows you to skip unecessay yellow teleport spots and enemies(ex dmd mode if youd rather no risk fighing the giant toad more then once) or if you want to farm orbs either way its a little helpful tip

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Assault Chimera's-Nero/Dante-so for DANTE idk if its just me but i hate assault chimera's definitely my least favourite of the dmc4 enemies i can handle assualts with either character but the minute they get those blade vines they become a real problem. so i have develped some easy techniques to deal with them again im sure the other advanced players have their own skills however i think these work just fine as well so example mission 13 after you fight the blitz you will find yourself in a valley with three or four assault chimera's your first move should be( and yes this technique is very useful) to charge your sword with the attack button and throw it at one of the chimera's you should be charging ebony and ivory at the same time and once you throw the sword unload your firepower on the 2nd assualt to know him back once you have stunned the second assualt switch to your shotgun quickly and stun the third chimera assault then switch to pandora by this time your sword will have came back at that time use stinger on the first assault and use a pandora missle shot first level then as your using your pandora you should be charging your sword to throw at another chimera use rinse repeat in different patterns. i say this method works because getting close with these things is annoying even in the air as they still hit you (and yes ive tried it) with this method you preform constant damage and stay at a distance so long as you keep moving switching and charging your guns and throwing your sword you can eliminate the multiple chimera assault's with ease untill there is only one left and then you can finsih him off with a high style move ex(overdrive) this method is with Dante of course for NERO- charge shot x3 is going to be very helpful.also turning on the devil trigger to do extra damage for a few seconds to nullify to vines and then switching back also helps you mostly want to keep sending them flying from you and switching between devil trigger and normal to increase your damage also attacks like maximum bet(so long as you dont charge it) are very helpful

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Hey VOLPE, have you ever visited Gamefaqs? You could make entire walkthrough if you wanted and post it on their site that way you're guaranteed a lot of players will view it. Just stay away from the boards... they're crazier than Gary Busey! >_>

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Hey VOLPE, have you ever visited Gamefaqs? You could make entire walkthrough if you wanted and post it on their site that way you're guaranteed a lot of players will view it. Just stay away from the boards... they're crazier than Gary Busey! >_>

Lmao yah i might give that a shot when i have a chance

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
Lmao yah i might give that a shot when i have a chance
Coolio :)

....But seriously stay away from their boards.
stay-away-logo.png

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Dante-mission 16-the "fire wolves"- sorry i dont remember their name atm but everyone knows that in mission 16 you encounter these flaming wolves that get pretty annoying seeing as they wont stand still and in a pack with them shooting fireballs everywhere it makes it harder to track the one you want but i discovered that the second group of these enemies that you encounter while on your way to fight berial are easier to defeat if you face them closer to the mines. what i mean is if you ran ahead of the second group of these wolves as if your going to skip them they will follow you and if you face them on the narrow cliffside where there is literally only enough room for them to line up behind each other you can you use a devil trigger stinger attack to easily take them all out

Raonak

Any tips on how to handle the fish/sword enemies that "swim" in the ground and do a uppercut slice attack?
I can handle them fine as nero, but they become a real pain in the ass as dante.

The flying swords are easily taken care with yamoto-aerial rave.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Any tips on how to handle the fish/sword enemies that "swim" in the ground and do a uppercut slice attack?
I can handle them fine as nero, but they become a real pain in the ass as dante.

The flying swords are easily taken care with yamoto-aerial rave.

lock on and stinger them

The flying fish are really annoying and no i havent found a tip with them with dante sorry but ill look into it for you:) and while stinger works your timing has to be really good not to miss them on levels like dmd so ill look for an easy way the pandora omen might stun them enough to hit all three if you can catch them together but ill look it up

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Have yet to try the pandora omen technique on the fish as of yet but ill get to it this week id go ahead and give it a shot id recomend doing it while there on the ground as it might just freeze them for a second giving you time to hit them much easier to do when there not on the ceiling lol

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Assualts-nero/dante-combat- So this one isnt very complicated or "secretive" but i found it helpful to know then when your dealing with a group of assualts with nero your best bet is to constantly damage as many assualts together as possible to make sure they cant sneak attack you. so be constantly charging blue rose to x3 three and using your widest range red queen combo(the one where he spins it around his back and around his side) use the buster to use the assaults against each other however dont extend the combo as it leaves you open and use your DT often but turn it on and off so as to save energy-Now with dante he a little more fun to use against these enemies what i do is i attack one from behind using the million stab move when that happens the other assualts will try to group in to attack and they will also be hit after the combo ends they go flying back and i repeat and attack another but i position myself to hit multiple assaults by doing this you reduce there numbers fast and effieciently also remember after the million stab combo when the assaults fly back they land on there back and you have time to charge for an overdrive technique really boosting your style bar and killing quite a few of them off-so plain and simple try and group them together and attack a bunch at the same time but watch for the ones that fly off screen always try and attack them while using there bodies as a sheild

aoshi

DMC 4 is jus eating away my life. I jus finished BP with nero and am choreographing my moves with dante and its an uphill struggle with so many things on the fly and constantly changing styles and weapons. I swear i am gonna go old school with dante gameplay by sticking to basics with rebellion and darkslayer,swordmaster but really makes gilgamesh and lucifer mostly useless. I really am finding it hard to make real-time use of gilgamesh and lucifer cuz i always have to switch to them, ensure right style is on and so much passive thinking in very short time, Urghhhhh, Dante - you're a lot of work.:'(

Muh`Sword

*REVVING INTENSIFIES*
Soo im making this thread not for the experienced devil may cry players but for those members who might be just be joining this site and just beginning there devil may cry journey so for those players who are just beginning to play dmc4 i have found some tips, tricks, and shortcuts in the gameplay and combat through the use of youtube:p these have already proven helpful to me and so id like to give some back to this site and while im aware that most members on here already know most of these i feel like myself some may not so enjoy:)

P.S- i wont be going in order of the missions so my tips will be random:p

Hey, how you doin? Great tips man :D

Top Bottom