• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I am not saying that it is a prequel, i'm saying that i believe it is.
Now i can see why you would think otherwise, and i understand why you think it is not, but there is still a small chance that it could be.
Do i really want it to be? Not exactly.
Do i care if it is? (Not saying it is) Not exactly.
It is their series and they could do whatever they want with it, just because they say something does not mean that they can't turn around and change it.
But i respect your opinion because i can see why you think that.
Same goes for anyone else that thinks that.

Well its dante at his youngest so that would technically be a "prequel"
but its also made by a new company and the have made changes so its also a reboot, just not from the original series. I think they plan on telling a Story with less holes in it and give dmc some kind of closure. But also the guy that looks like Dante from NT said its not following the canon. So think of it as "DmC" and not "Devil May Cry"

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Well its dante at his youngest so that would technically be a "prequel"
but its also made by a new company and the have made changes so its also a reboot, just not from the original series. I think they plan on telling a Story with less holes in it and give dmc some kind of closure. But also the guy that looks like Dante from NT said its not following the canon. So think of it as "DmC" and not "Devil May Cry"
You make a good point.
You kind of have to note that I know very little about this game because I did not even know about
Devil May Cry 4 until like 7 months ago, so i apologize if I come off as a bit stupid.
My theory was just based off of what I know.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
In a couple interviews with the NT developers on the subject of the reboot we've been told the reboot is a self contained story and universe, outside the existing DMC universe.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Just because something doesn't get labelled as canon first of all, doesn't mean it can't at a later date. Ninja Theory confirmed it wasn't canon. But if it is really well received, who is to say that Capcom won't come out and confirm it as canon/official to the Series as a prequel? We have to wait and see, because companies can change their minds at any time. They have the right to do that, with their own things.

Eric

Great Demon King of Evil
Just because something doesn't get labelled as canon first of all, doesn't mean it can't at a later date. Ninja Theory confirmed it wasn't canon. But if it is really well received, who is to say that Capcom won't come out and confirm it as canon/official to the Series as a prequel? We have to wait and see, because companies can change their minds at any time. They have the right to do that, with their own things.
I agree 100% with that.
Because that is what i have ben saying.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
We can speculate all we want till the game comes out.

In reality, Dante isn't Dante. It's Nero cosplaying as Dante. At the end of the game we're gonna see Nero take off the costume and say "Suckaz."

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
"..what..is..your.....name...?"
"..my name is...."
"It Doesnt Matter what My Name Is!"

rogue_devil

"..what..is..your.....name...?"
"..my name is...."
"It Doesnt Matter what My Name Is!"

i went back and watched the trailer 4 times,and it sounds more like instructions than integration,he looks even younger and weak and way too thin, and he looks he was there for along time(when he was chained up i mean). this may have been done to death but im seeing it now, why does that voice keep asking "dante" what is ur name??,and when he gets a headache or something(why would he do that) in the trailer he looks like hes remembering when he was in that room,i think that hes not dante they brain washed him,and erased hes former identity and made him believe hes dante thats why hes confused and angry.i dont know why but it makes sense to me now.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
That would just confuse people more and I think it would be better if they leave it as a uncanon reboot.
i think limbo city could infect be the city that we were in during the events of DMC3.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
That would just confuse people more and I think it would be better if they leave it as a uncanon reboot.
i think limbo city could infect be the city that we were in during the events of DMC3.

I agree.

For the love of god please just leave this in its own universe separate from the established canon.

Even if this game is good and I really come to like It I still do not want this to be a prequel story to the established DMC canon.

Judging by the info and news so far it just would not fit in the canon IMO.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
thx dude.
besides its more freedom for them and capcom if it isnt a prequel since they already screwed up the timeline with 4.
so its easier and better if it was its own little thing.

Technowraith

SSSmokin' Sick Style!
thx dude.
besides its more freedom for them and capcom if it isnt a prequel since they already screwed up the timeline with 4.
so its easier and better if it was its own little thing.

They borked up the storyline really nicely with DMC 2 more or less. Capcom even admitted in an interview that they wished DMC 2 never happened. Which speaks mountains of volumes about something they made themselves.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
If it is well received, why would it make a difference if it is labelled as canon? Devil May Cry 2 wasn't well received, but Capcom didn't say "Oh well you know, it's not canon". They just took the criticism and said, "Let's just forget it ever happened". You can't really say that once it's already out there and people have played it and judged it and made a general overall opinion on it, which was mainly negative.

Like I said, Devil May Cry is still in the hands of Capcom as of now. It's still their gaming Series. If it does really well, and they state that it's the official origin story to Dante and class it as canon then why does it matter? Especially if everyone ends up liking it, I don't think anyone would really care.

Meg

If it does really well, and they state that it's the official origin story to Dante and class it as canon then why does it matter? Especially if everyone ends up liking it, I don't think anyone would really care.
Because it would only add to the number of plot holes and unfinished story points and really contradicts everything else in the series.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
They could include Nero in a roundabout way as Nero could be in the game as Vergil's kid as a baby. He could be the catalyst for Vergil's actions in the game because vergil realizes that Nero would never grew up safely if mundus is still gunning for him. so he decides to beat mundus now hence him doing whatever he dos.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
They could include Nero in a roundabout way as Nero could be in the game as Vergil's kid as a baby. He could be the catalyst for Vergil's actions in the game because vergil realizes that Nero would never grew up safely if mundus is still gunning for him. so he decides to beat mundus now hence him doing whatever he dos.
do u realize how weird the timeline is?

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Because it would only add to the number of plot holes and unfinished story points and really contradicts everything else in the series.

I agree.

Like how would they explain how Dante looks so different?

Or how he is apparently part Angel and can use angel powers?

Making this canon IMO would only raise more questions and plot holes.

Thats why even if this game is awesome I still do not want it to be part of the canon.

Let NT have their own DMC universe and leave the established one alone.

Top Bottom