• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Meg

Ok so what are your theories on this new game? Is it really Dante? His son? An impostor? What kind of world do you think it is and what do you think is happening in it?

As for me:

I think this is indeed the Dante we know and love. I think the government is trying to harness demonic power. Maybe they know who Dante is, but he doesn't yet? I say they are performing experiments on him. Which would explain why his face looks like someone punched it fifty times. Maybe the gov is also testing demonic energy on humans and it gets outta hand, so they send Dante to kill them all.

What about you? And please no flames about how this redesign sucks. Please keep that in the thread its already going strong in. I hope this thread serves as a place for people to think up cool ideas. :)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
i thought about the end of DMC where Dante says to mundus, say hi to my grandson (if it's wrong please correct me)
Maybe he is a descendant of Dante.
Or maybe he IS Dante and this is the western take on redesigning the whole shebang.

OR
Maybe Dante is actually Tony Redgrave and they've made the first novel into a game.
Hence why Dante is being called a specimen and why they ask him his name.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Theory 1:
Basically what you said Meg - demonic experimentation that goes wrong so they pick the one from the litter who hasn't gone full-out demon to clean up their mess. Re-creating Dante in a sense, but he's not the real Dante, sort of like a "clone" of Dante.

Theory 2:
It's another stereotype badass c0cky devil hunter who decides he wants to up his rep, and through experimenting he gets some of Sparda/Dante/Vergil/Nero's blood into him that gives him the abilities he's got. And because Dante sees himself as the best in the business, this new guy wants that reputation for himself, hence calling himself Dante. And then the real Dante later comes in and kicks his butt for trying to steal his identity - BOOJA! XD

Theory 3:
It's Dante's son. Either his mother named him after his father, or he changed his name later on, since I think that's what Dante did in regards to Sparda's alias Tony Redgrave. And it's all about this kid kicking butt, being cool, winning over his own fanbase, and pleasing all levels of fans with Dante showing up on the scene when he gets captured? I mean the trailer might not have been in chronological format. Maybe he gets caught in the end (I mean how many teens do you know that get CHAINED in a room when they go into rehab? Srsly?) and Dante comes busting through the door (or ceiling, or glass window) to save him? Tarum tarum tarum! :D

I like my second theory best, though that's just the fangirl in me retaliating at this guy calling himself Dante.

Silahsor

Lead Guitar
in trailer they ask him again and again "what is your name"...its a brain-washing method as i know.so i think he'S not dante but some order or goverment whaever you may say, trying to make a copy of dante or something like that

moseslmpg

I will add a modification to your third theory, Chloe:

3B. He is Nero and Kyrie's son. it would explain his lack of a healing factor, fashion, and general lameness.

I think we should name these theories btw. We have Demon Experiment theory (which could be very plausible if the game really is DMC DNA as some people say), Grand/Son theory, and Generic Hunter theory.

Do we have 100% confirmation that this is a reboot btw? That would affect the status of the theories.

Meg

^ For the sake of all our sanities I say we leave it labelled a prequel.

moseslmpg

If it is a prequel, they have a lot of explaining to do. Like who is Dante's plastic surgeon, and why his hair isn't white, etc.

Meg

^ At first I thought it was just them inverting the colors, but i see it now. what could this mean? :wacko:

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Ahem the pruple can indicate many things.

If can indicate lightning, Nero, Nevan and among other thing that have taked the pruple color, also in DMC3 all lgihtning were purple and has the gun are supposed to be shot with demonic energy i think they just decided to stick with that.

darkslayer101

someone should do a frame by frame shot of the trailer...
at 1:24 it looks like red queenish sword...
and the voice when at the end says "my name is dante" does not fit the teenager...it sounds more mature...i think i am trying to finding things to deny that the teen is not dante cuz i cant stand the character design just like other fans...

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
This would be a prequel to all dmc games. So Nero/Kyrie's son is out of the window.

And i agree about the sword looking a bit like red queen.

moseslmpg

Vergil'sB*tch;273953 said:
This would be a prequel to all dmc games. So Nero/Kyrie's son is out of the window.

And i agree about the sword looking a bit like red queen.
That hasn't been confirmed at all. The only thing confirmed is that we have a younger Dante, which can indicate a prequel or a reboot. Given the presentation of the trailer, it is more likely that it is a reboot. If you hope it is a prequel, that's different, but don't say it as if it is confirmed. The last thing we need right now is more misinformation floating around.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
They said it was a reboot/redesigning of the series

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6275935/dmc-first-impressions?tag=topslot;title;1

Ninja Theory creative director Tameem Antoniades was also onstage to give the audience some context for the game. Antoniades described DMC as both a "reboot" and a "reimagining" of the Devil May Cry series in which the clock has been turned back and the hero is a much younger version of longtime protagonist Dante. The hallmark signs of youth are all on display according to Antoniades, with Dante flashing more rebellion and attitude, as well as an edgier sense of fashion (which, considering older Dante's penchant for red leather jackets, seems quite the tall order).

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
meg127;273963 said:
What EXACTLY does a 'reboot' mean?

Reboot is pretty much like a restart of a series taking elements of the orginal series and changing them, characters might be taked of one way and changed.

Example in this new DmC this Dante could be the rookie Devil Hunter while Nero could be the experienced Devil Hunter.

This is what i think that is a reboot.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Well, everything you knew doesn't count anymore and the series starts afresh. So everything you've played and learned about the series is a waste of time

Meg

So in other words everything that has happened so far...didn't actually happen and all the mythos surrounding those games may not even exist anymore either. That sucks.

With that in mind Dante can look however the developers want. He may not have a twin bother either. o_O

This reeeeally sucks. To think all the potential DMC5 had to be great and the developers aren't even gonna try. They're just gonna trash a loved and iconic series. In favor of this. ;_;

Top Bottom