• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder when Vergil returns in the next game, Arkham returns and Temi-Ni-Gru comes back as well. Lady can also make an appearance/debut.

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

this game is really something else and the story is very gd put together and the levels are wow it always keeps you on the edge of you feet :)

but one thing i miss and its the bloody palace but hay we've got training with an enemy that never dies and can practice for ever :)

edit: and btw the last boss witch is vergil....wow he has only one bar and he is so dam annoying... no body try to convince me that vergil was a walk in the park for them!!:D

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
ahh dont be sad its worth the wait trust me :) and once you have played and finished it i would very much like to hear your thoughts :)
If it sucks then, you'll hear from me tomorrow, if its more than i expected, like the demo, you won't hear from me until i destroy every difficulty, Vergils Downfall, and the Bloody palace

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

If it sucks then, you'll hear from me tomorrow, if its more than i expected, like the demo, you won't hear from me until i destroy every difficulty, Vergils Downfall, and the Bloody palace
haha not that long.... that would take for ever!! :p and btw the first 3 difficultys are easy but from there on its hell!! or i just suck :p ill let u be the gudge of that :Dlol

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
This is just my opinion.

I've played the original DMC games and I really enjoyed the story for all 4 games. When I saw the first trailer for the new DMC reboot I honestly didn't like the look of it. I thought the vibe didn't look setting and the new Dante looked like he was a Japanese druggy.

However, when I saw the first trailer to the reboot which contained CG from the game, It became more appealing. Dante actually looked pretty cool and dare I say, hot. The fact that they made him a bad boy suited his overall look. The graphics and gameplay reminded me of the previous games. The colours and art of the game was something to expect after finding out Ninja Theory was on board for the game.

Then the real awesome stuff happened.... NOISIA composed the score for the video game. I don't know if this is selfish but after I found that out, I was sold.

Bought the game, finished it, loved it. I liked the reboot and can't wait to see what Capcom and Ninja Theory has in store for the next games, and yes there will be more.

In conclusion, I liked this reboot, I liked Dante's new look and the new vibe of the game.
Ok so what are your theories on this new game? Is it really Dante? His son? An impostor? What kind of world do you think it is and what do you think is happening in it?

As for me:

I think this is indeed the Dante we know and love. I think the government is trying to harness demonic power. Maybe they know who Dante is, but he doesn't yet? I say they are performing experiments on him. Which would explain why his face looks like someone punched it fifty times. Maybe the gov is also testing demonic energy on humans and it gets outta hand, so they send Dante to kill them all.

What about you? And please no flames about how this redesign sucks. Please keep that in the thread its already going strong in. I hope this thread serves as a place for people to think up cool ideas. :)

TheTitan

I don't know if anyone put this out there but:
The DmC timeline is an offshoot created by Vergil to amass an army of like-minded Vergils, the only people who posses the necessary resolve and strength to aid him in his plans. Though in turn, each new timeline creates a new Dante, Mundus, and so on. How Vergil creates these offshoot timelines is unknown currently.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
The DmC timeline is an offshoot created by Vergil to amass an army of like-minded Vergils, the only people who posses the necessary resolve and strength to aid him in his plans. Though in turn, each new timeline creates a new Dante, Mundus, and so on. How Vergil creates these offshoot timelines is unknown currently.
Heh?

TheTitan

This is all a plan to rid the universe of Alpha Dante, for he is the link that holds all other Dantes in exsistance. Destroy the Alpha, destroy all Dantes, total conquest, total domination.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
that sounds VERY familiar
ibdnWnnG7cwPT0.png

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control

wut

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts

That sounds "Legend of Zelda" levels of nonsensical.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
It feels more like something marvel or DC would do. That's not to mock marvel or dc, but playing around with alternate timelines etc is in their wheel baroll so to speak.

Yamato666

Angelo-Gehenna
Honestly, I love the new series. It's divergent enough to completely stand apart from the OG series and also contains nostalgia that us seasoned fans can appreciate. I was skeptical at first of the game but after the playthrough I am more then pleased to say I am looking forward to the next one. There is a lot they can expand on in the next game. I think they should explore the concept of Dante's "full potential". I won't reveal any spoilers for anybody on here so I won't delve into what I mean exactly :p

Kat is a resurrected Eva.

-Spoilerinos-

And the Eva is VD is actually a figment of Vegil's imaginiation, but! The whole demons are ruling the world secretly was just Vergil taking the movie they live seriously and is just paranoid that there may be others among the humans. Kat and Dante are just playing along and what you see when you're playing as Dante is what Vergil sees in his imagination when he thinks about Dante and Kat fighting demons in his little game of pretend that he's taking so seriously. Why don't the demons attack you because they're off screen? Because Vergil doesn't want Dante to lose, why can you get easy SSS ranks? It's Vergils imagination he wants Dante to win at everything.

It's kinda like Scott Pilgrim how everything is actually fake, Scott never fought the evil Exes, he was just seeing the world through his own eyes, he thinks life is one big video game.

Top Bottom