• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

BIANCOxMORTE

I might as well post my theories here too.

- Dante is psychotic, his first debut trailer is actually him in the real world and the game will show things threw his perspective. To him, he may be a nice guy trying to stop the demons but in reality he's just some rampaging crazy man. Proof of this so far is that he's the only one dragged into Limbo which is a common case for those who experience delusions as they are the only ones who see them.

- As such (of the above), Limbo and Limbo City are actually one in the same. However, Dante thinks that they are two different realms with Limbo being a demonic realm and Limbo City just being a normal city. Because Dante is crazy, he perceives any threat towards him as being something from Limbo. Like the demonic cameras could be just normal cameras giving off sirens and the demon robots could be just simple police officers.

-Naturally, what Dante does in "Limbo" affects what happens in Limbo City. So, to him, things seem like they're going crazy but that could be just him causing alot of destruction and death to innocents.

-Another thing to note is Malice, the overall Big Boss that runs Limbo. So far, Malice is an invisible entity that distorts the city when Dante is pulled into Limbo. It could be that Malice is just a part of Dante's subconscious, possibly just a massive representation of whatever pent- up negative emotions he feels.

-As a bit of speculation, I believe that Pat is either one of two things: (1) An aid or sympathizer who was assigned to play along with Dante's delusion, or (2) a delusion herself that Dante has produced.

-And as speculated before, it could be that Dante isn't his real name but possibly an identity he had chosen for himself based on the real Dante. Furthermore, it could be that he's not carrying Rebellion either. Notice in "The Fight" trailer, despite a news broadcast warning about Dante, no one seems to notice him as he's walking. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that a guy with a sword on his back wouldn't just blend in so naturally.

That is my exact theory and ultimately my worst nightmare because i think if they do this to dmc what possible sequel will there be? Also this would completely destroy the coolness of Dante for me at least going from a bad ass devil killing hero to some crazed lunatic just slaughtering innocent people... that's not a main character i want to play in any dmc game.

Ana

Then what about the crazy psycho stuff we saw in the first trailer?

That's where we pray, "NT, don't fail me!"

Anyway, we never saw a person there. Just another evil camera. Maybe it's a higher demon questioning Dante. Or it might be one of the demon-corrupted ex-human authorities of the city trying to figure out who's been messing up all their evil demon plans.

Railazel

That's where we pray, "NT, don't fail me!"

Anyway, we never saw a person there. Just another evil camera. Maybe it's a higher demon questioning Dante. Or it might be one of the demon-corrupted ex-human authorities of the city trying to figure out who's been messing up all their evil demon plans.

Actually, a person analyzed the Dante during the questioning and the Dante going crazy. Seemingly, the scene where he's all chained up and stuff is sometime before the game since the Dante in that scene is actually younger than the one we'll be playing as in the game.

Ana

Actually, a person analyzed the Dante during the questioning and the Dante going crazy. Seemingly, the scene where he's all chained up and stuff is sometime before the game since the Dante in that scene is actually younger than the one we'll be playing as in the game.

Well, I guess Dante now has a dark and trouble past (fangirls: Oooooh~). I guess that would be the start of the entire city stalking him.

EDIT: That's right. Dante is so sexy, an entire city wants him.

Railazel

Well, I guess Dante now has a dark and trouble past (fangirls: Oooooh~). I guess that would be the start of the entire city stalking him.

Not the new Dante, he's just a normal guy.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Wasnt Dante from the Old series a mercenary before he became a devil hunter?

Ana

The DMC first novel is specifically made non-canon by DMC3.

It's the one with Gliver/bandage-face teen Vergil. I guess the basic idea (young evil Vergil) was used for the third game, but the novel itself is now not canon.

Ana

I think the new Dante is sexy and I wouldn't qualify him as "normal" since he packs a shapeshifting sword and has angelic/demonic powers. XD

How do you know? Maybe they all have shapeshifting swords in that world. Maybe hybrids are a dime a dozen!

(But that tank top and those tight jeans are really bringing me around. Mm.)

(Hey, don't judge my priorities. At least I'm not complaining about the hair color.)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
How do you know? Maybe they all have shapeshifting swords in that world. Maybe hybrids are a dime a dozen!

(But that tank top and those tight jeans are really bringing me around. Mm.)

(Hey, don't judge my priorities. At least I'm not complaining about the hair color.)
noone shall call new Dante sexy and if they do they shall be mercilessly tickled to death

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
i think dante in tgs2010 is the older version/a later appearance to the dante we see now not younger. Because you'll notice the dante shown in recent trailers(supposedly early in the game) does not have the white patch of hair on his head but the one in tgs2010 had the white patch meaning his power had manifested more in tgs2010 than it has now.(no white patch) so maybe after running around in limbo and killing a couple major demons dante get captured for questioning.
Who the hell are you?
How have you managed to kill my minions?
How have you survived the perils of my city?
What are you?
What is your name?

Top Bottom