• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Of course. then the demons must be making something to take over the world.

Wait wait. How about the amulet that Dante has is the amulet needed to open a gate for demons to freely come over to human world?
oh man, that makes alot of sense. we might have stumbled upon something.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Powerful demons should be able to come over. And Dante seems to be teleported to Limbo even if he wants or not. I really got a feeling that amulet is something special.
And why would they want Dante (reminder: "DAAANTE!")?

Yes, Dante is a threat. But if they can teleport Dante to Limbo, how come they can't kill him? They have such power over him.
And what is the point of that amulet if it's just a amulet?

Even more perhaps they attacked Dante's mother to get the amulet?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Questions to ask: How many demons are really in human world?
And those camera flesh demons: are they in human world or are they spying from Limbo?

We haven't seen Dante fight ANY demons with other humans being around to witness it.

And i am starting to believe that there is no demons in human world but that the demons are spying from Limbo and can do things from there.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Questions to ask: How many demons are really in human world?
And those camera flesh demons: are they in human world or are they spying from Limbo?

We haven't seen Dante fight ANY demons with other humans being around to witness it.

And i am starting to believe that there is no demons in human world but that the demons are spying from Limbo and can do things from there.
i think they affect the human world from limbo, they use cameras from the real world to spy on people, but when they spot dante, they pull him in, and everything becomes hostile (such as the camera transforming into a monster). so basically limbo is in a dormant state when dante is out of the picture, but when dante appears stuff gets real.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
i think they affect the human world from limbo, they use cameras from the real world to spy on people, but when they spot dante, they pull him in, and everything becomes hostile (such as the camera transforming into a monster). so basically limbo is in a dormant state when dante is out of the picture, but when dante appears stuff gets real.
Could you explain that in a other way? I don't understand.

chocolatepanda

Wait wait. How about the amulet that Dante has is the amulet needed to open a gate for demons to freely come over to human world?
The amulet also had a different purpose besides opening the gate the the demonic realm it was also the key to unlocking the Sparda's power so it could also serve a a power up as well or perhaps a power source for the factory.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay so when dante is hiding, and the demons don't see dante the world is normal. okay, but when dante is spotted the world becomes hostile and tries to kill dante. its kind of like the world is sleeping.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
okay so when dante is hiding, and the demons don't see dante the world is normal. okay, but when dante is spotted the world becomes hostile and tries to kill dante. its kind of like the world is sleeping.
But Dante seems to only be in Limbo when weird things happen. Like Dante is alone in Limbo when he is dragged there. And the human world - i don't know what happens there.

But Cat did say things are getting dangerous. And Cat is in human world, Dante in Limbo. But i wonder what happens in human world.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
But Dante seems to only be in Limbo when weird things happen. Like Dante is alone in Limbo when he is dragged there. And the human world - i don't know what happens there.

But Cat did say things are getting dangerous. And Cat is in human world, Dante in Limbo. But i wonder what happens in human world.
yeah i was meaning to imply that only dante gets dragged into limbo, but yeah you bring up a good point since cat is in the human world and apparently "its chaos in here!"

Gaflima

Son of no one.

I think that happens is similiar to Inception, when they are in a dream, what happens there will cause changes in the next levels of dreams(like the lack of gravity when the van is in free fall), in DmC , I believe that when Limbo City starts move to kill Dante, the world will feel something similar,but in smaller proportion, such as earthquakes or buildings movings like you said CoolDemon

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Could Dante be affecting the real world in a negative way?

Like if he is fighting a demon and slams said demon threw a window in limbo, would that cause a disturbance?

I have seen some strange conclusions and theories out here and I thought to hell with it, I'm gonna post my theory too...
Prepare for bunch of crap.

Dante is being psycho evaluated in the first tgs 2010 trailer.
This could mean that he lived through some kind of trauma in childhood (like death of his mother, even his creation etc.), and he tries to escape from that by smoking and hunting demons (which leads to conclusion that demons actually caused that trauma) or that he has become unstable and dangerous to demons plans so they just wanted to check him out just to be on the safe side.
Second, he is also being tortured.
Maybe demons were trying to convince him he's Dante even though he isn't, maybe they wanted to create Dante (this is parallel universe or something like that) ,they nedeed to create Dante for the purpose of taking over the world.
Constant question: What's your name? made me think that they are actually making him say Dante even though he doesn't want that.
If the demons created Dante, they created him with white hair, which he dyes black trying to find his true identity by rebelling against demons.
There are two dimensions in that "city", Limbo (everything is colorful and demonic, whole city is alive) - this is the real world IMO.
Shoddy dimension (people, grey color dominates)
"Even if demons created him he still nedeed a mother, it could be Eva (she was oducted by demons and made pregnant, carying dante inside her), she was not raped?!(artificially made pregnant).

So? Where does angelic heritage fit in?
Well, truth to be told I think in his mind, that is where "God" fits in too.
"God" doesn't want demons to fulfill their plans and tries to stop their plans by acting through Dante.
He gives Dante angelic powers by keeping that mysterious girl close to him.

I know most of the things I said are far-fetched and even bunch of crap but I can't help myself but to release my theory.
In any case I can at least hope this will become reality cause the game is not yet finished lol.

Railazel

I might as well post my theories here too.

- Dante is psychotic, his first debut trailer is actually him in the real world and the game will show things threw his perspective. To him, he may be a nice guy trying to stop the demons but in reality he's just some rampaging crazy man. Proof of this so far is that he's the only one dragged into Limbo which is a common case for those who experience delusions as they are the only ones who see them.

- As such (of the above), Limbo and Limbo City are actually one in the same. However, Dante thinks that they are two different realms with Limbo being a demonic realm and Limbo City just being a normal city. Because Dante is crazy, he perceives any threat towards him as being something from Limbo. Like the demonic cameras could be just normal cameras giving off sirens and the demon robots could be just simple police officers.

-Naturally, what Dante does in "Limbo" affects what happens in Limbo City. So, to him, things seem like they're going crazy but that could be just him causing alot of destruction and death to innocents.

-Another thing to note is Malice, the overall Big Boss that runs Limbo. So far, Malice is an invisible entity that distorts the city when Dante is pulled into Limbo. It could be that Malice is just a part of Dante's subconscious, possibly just a massive representation of whatever pent- up negative emotions he feels.

-As a bit of speculation, I believe that Pat is either one of two things: (1) An aid or sympathizer who was assigned to play along with Dante's delusion, or (2) a delusion herself that Dante has produced.

-And as speculated before, it could be that Dante isn't his real name but possibly an identity he had chosen for himself based on the real Dante. Furthermore, it could be that he's not carrying Rebellion either. Notice in "The Fight" trailer, despite a news broadcast warning about Dante, no one seems to notice him as he's walking. I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure that a guy with a sword on his back wouldn't just blend in so naturally.

Ana

I don't know if this is useful in any way, but Limbo City isn't a random name. Limbo comes from the Inferno, being a kind of pre-Hell, where "neutral" people who never took a stance in life went. They have no chance of salvation and envy every other kind of existence, even that of sinners in Hell.

Personally, I would prefer that we didn't go the "this is all in Dante's head" route. I think it would be more like that Limbo City is literally in Limbo, on the boundary of the human world and hell. The other world where Dante fights demons is a kind of "echo" or "shadow" of the real city, which isn't hell itself, but where demons can cross over.

Railazel

Personally, I would prefer that we didn't go the "this is all in Dante's head" route. I think it would be more like that Limbo City is literally in Limbo, on the boundary of the human world and hell. The other world where Dante fights demons is a kind of "echo" or "shadow" of the real city, which isn't hell itself, but where demons can cross over.

Then what about the crazy psycho stuff we saw in the first trailer?

Top Bottom