• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

berto

I Saw the Devil
I said angels twice, huh. I meant as big a buch a pricks as the demons. The angels'll be as bad as the demons but with some greater good, or god said so, or it's to destroy the demons excuse to be a'holes.

Asmodaius

I really hope angels won't become antagonists as well. From what we know, Limbo City is ruled by demons, so why would Dante fight angels as well? No, they should be passive helpers and guides. Maybe the hooded girl is an angel in human disguise, sent to guide Dante because she cannot intervene in the real world directly herself, but because Dante is only half an angel, he can.

The word "angel" means messenger, so it would make sense. Also, Bayonetta, a game that is very much alike Devil May Cry, already have angels as antagonists. With that in mind, I believe the developers of Bayonetta chose to have angels as the enemy instead of demons for the very reason that then it wouldn't be JUST like DMC... But that's a discussion for another thread.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Angels are often portrayed as antagonists because it often is humanity that teaches them a better way, it makes humans the true protagonist who do the right thing despite someone else of authority telling them what is right and thus adding an air of superiorety to said angels or other beings that they might be trying to teach a leason in humanity to. Considering human history that's a load of bull but humans like to talk about how humanity this and that and how great and spectacular of a species we are in comparison to other beings.

In the development of Bayonetta the desition to go with angels as the opponents was because, like you said, they didn't want to be exactly like DMC but rather to top it off and to do that they needed better enemies, and what's more powerful than demons?

Asmodaius

Angels are often portrayed as antagonists because it often is humanity that teaches them a better way, it makes humans the true protagonist who do the right thing despite someone else of authority telling them what is right. Considering human history that's a load of bull but humans like to talk about how humanity this and that.

In the development of Bayonetta the desition to go with angels as the opponents was because, like you said, they didn't want to be exactly like DMC but rather to top it off and to do that they needed better enemies, and what's more powerful than demons?

Indeed, angels are antagonists in alot of media, not only games, but I would still find it a rather stupid move to make angels antagonists in DmC for that one reason - Bayonetta.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
When you talk about authority angels i think of Supernatural.

What is more powerful than demons you ask? Demons who look like humans - deceiveful demons!

Joke lol.

If your theory is right then the story will be boring.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Indeed, angels are antagonists in alot of media, not only games, but I would still find it a rather stupid move to make angels antagonists in DmC for that one reason - Bayonetta.

That's true, however I theorice that to distinguish itself from Bayonetta the angels will only be part of the plot and in no way be involved in the gameplay.

When you talk about authority angels i think of Supernatural.

What is more powerful than demons you ask? Demons who look like humans - deceiveful demons!

Joke lol.

If your theory is right then the story will be boring.

Actually, that's a perfect example, while not the only one arond it's the most resent I can think of. They start out as somewhat good but missguided and up as a'holes who want to side with Lucifer for a greater good agenda.

Asmodaius

That's true, however I theorice that to distinguish itself from Bayonetta the angels will only be part of the plot and in no way be involved in the gameplay.

Ah, so like the angels, or rather, the whole "divine" race are the true puppetmasters who wants full control and has thus chosen Dante to get rid of their rivals which are the demons? Something like that, perhaps?

berto

I Saw the Devil
Perfectly possible, and just as likely as anything else. But I think that Dante will be unafiliated with ether faction and he will be the ultimate 'good guy' who has a more rightious philosophy that the angels, thus teacihng them of said better way to act/rule/approach the situation. Maybe our mistery girl in short shorts/gay boy in short shors is the angelic manipulator your thinking of.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Okay. We have an ranting about game sources but I thinked what could creators influenced in demon enemies origins. And what an sources of enemies they use ?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Me and Berto aren´t ranting - so please speak for yourself.
And i don´t understand the rest of what you said. Could you please rephrase?

berto

I Saw the Devil
We're not? I MEAN WE'RE NOT! No, no arguing here!:confused:

Anyway, are you asking what we think the creators used as influence for the creatures?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
We're not? I MEAN WE'RE NOT! No, no arguing here!:confused:

Anyway, are you asking what we think the creators used as influence for the creatures?
lol. And about DmC monster influence? DMC 2, puppets and possible Bayonetta (baby faces).

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hold that thought.

Edit:
Found it. I posted this a while back on another forum:

A while back someone made a post with pictures of DMC2 and DmC to point out some of the heavy similareties. That thread is gone but there is still a debate going.
Katana-Yamato said:
Kinda new DmC enemy pics. As you can see in the following comparison they look like variants of the DMC 2 enemimes (thus why i bumped this thread). And yes these are the actual names (at least i hope for now) of the DmC enemies.
Agonofinis (DMC 2) on the left and Warrior Drone (DmC) on the right
mon_agonofinis.jpg
dmcmannequin.png

Demonochorus (DMC 2) on the left and Stinger (DmC) on the right
Demonochorus.jpg
dmcevilcupid.png

Tartarussian & Plutonian (DMC 2) on the top and Tank Drone (DmC) below them.
Tartarussian.jpg
Plutonian.jpg

dmctankdrone.png

berto

I Saw the Devil
Only three months till then, and hopefully they'll release much more interesting info by then.

Anyway, gatta sleep. Tomorrow's thanksgivin'

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Don´t be fooled Lord. HD means it will run in 720p. I am not a HD expert but i have understood enough that it will not have better graphics. Just run in 720p.

I thought the games ran in 720p from before. But i guess no .
The quality of the picture will just be better.

I wonder much DMC games ran at before? 1 and 2?

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Don´t be fooled Lord. HD means it will run in 720p. I am not a HD expert but i have understood enough that it will not have better graphics. Just run in 720p.

I thought the games ran in 720p from before. But i guess no .
The quality of the picture will just be better.

I wonder much DMC games ran at before? 1 and 2?

Offtopic spoiler: ( still do not sue me, I have badly working PS3[****ty console lost reading of PS2 discs so that was neccesity to take from my PS2 bios and play DMC 1&2 on PC]) From that i know PS2 have native resolution 512x448.

Second offtop: For me I now have an happy thanksgiving day now :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Happy Thanksgiving to you too Lord. And Berto discussing monster source is proper in the thread you mention.

Top Bottom