• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Theories

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the "New Dante" looks pretty solid. I find him well cool actually, after watching the trailer. I'm fairly new to the series so I guess I don't have as unbound a loyalty to the "Old Dante" as some of you lads do.
I think he is ok can't say whether or not I will like as I need to see him in cutscenes more to get a better look at his persona. he is still a blank slate to me.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Well Z218 you make a name for DmC's character other than Dante. Because i refuse to call him by that name. Unless you want me to call him Donte - that i can. But just like how i respect Dante and not call DmC character by that name i try to show respect and not mock DmC's character using the name Donte.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Hey guys, his name is Dante. If you don't want to accept that's fine and all, but giving him other names is going a bit too far. Call him DmC Dante, if just Dante won't cut it for you.

He is not named Donte or Tony (lol) or Paul or Marie. I understand someone not liking him, but going as far as changing his name because you prefer the original bearer of that name is kinda childish, won't you agree? What would you do if the protagonist of the DMC series wasn't called by a rare name like Dante, but by something far more common like John, George or Fred? Would it still bother you? It's just a name, not a title. They had to call him Dante because that's the name of the protagonist of the Devil May Cry series. And this is the new version of that series, so again, the protagonist is still a devil hunter named Dante.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
As long as we are all aware it´s not the same Dante then sure.

And i don´t mean this in a bad tone Tony but:

It´s rare to find someone like Dante
But finding someone looking like DmC´s Dante is very easy in UK.

So yes, i´d like DmC Dante much and much better if his name was a new one. And how hard can it be to make up a cool but yet new name?

Like why not call him David after David Hume? Just like how DMC Dante is called after Dante from D.C.

David would be awesome to be honest. David Hume talked about angels and demon sides of humans.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
As long as we are all aware it´s not the same Dante then sure.

And i don´t mean this in a bad tone Tony but:

It´s rare to find someone like Dante
But finding someone looking like DmC´s Dante is very easy in UK.

So yes, i´d like DmC Dante much and much better if his name was a new one. And how hard can it be to make up a cool but yet new name?

Like why not call him David after David Hume? Just like how DMC Dante is called after Dante from D.C.

David would be awesome to be honest. David Hume talked about angels and demon sides of humans.
well they're probably not giving him a different name, because it is ninja theory's version of dante, so why would they call their version of dante another name?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
well they're probably not giving him a different name, because it is ninja theory's version of dante, so why would they call their version of dante another name?
That´s a good point. I don´t know i thought since i know already that it´s their version of Dante that the name David would rock for DmC Dante.

Like "The name is Hume....David Hume".

Joke. But seriously the name David would been cool.

Asmodaius

His name is Dante. Now get over it and move on.

We've already been through this before. There can be more people called by the same name. In this case, this is the Dante of Devil May Cry, but another version of him. Either way, his name is Dante, and that's just the way it is. End of story.

Are there anyone who got any theories to post in this thread, since that is what this thread is about?

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
the name david doesn't appeal to me that much, it is to basic and plain. dante sticks out much more than david.
Well if you don´t like it then it can´t be that good as i thought it might be. :)
How about calling him chocolate?!

Tones of comments:
First - serious
Second - Joking.

If i read both comments it could come off as sarcasm.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i would love to call him chocolate lol, and btw i wasn't disregarding your opinion i was just stating my own, sorry it seemed like i was just putting yours down, but i wasn't i promise.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
i would love to call him chocolate lol, and btw i wasn't disregarding your opinion i was just stating my own, sorry it seemed like i was just putting yours down, but i wasn't i promise.
It´s cool. My radar don´t pick up any negativity around your post. I just thinking David Hume talked about good and bad sides, and DmC Dante according to what Tameem has said is in between Good and evil. And he is an angel and a demon/devil.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
okay cool, and yeah i do like the quotes and studies of david hume, i just wouldn't like that as a name for the main character of a devil may cry game.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I got a theory.

At some point in the story the angels will appear and they will be just as big a bunch of pricks as the demons but with some sorta greater good agenda and it will be up to Etnad to teach them the meaning of christmas!

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm still serious about the content, the way most of this things go down these days it's the humans/protagonist who teach the angels that there is a better way and I get the feeling that this is no diferent.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
At some point in the story the angels will appear and they will be just as big a bunch of pricks as the angels but with some sorta greater good agenda and it will be up to Etnad to teach them the meaning of christmas!

The second underlined angels - which angels are you thinking of? DMC 4 demon kinda angels? Or?

Top Bottom