• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc sells NOT 2 GOOD In IT's 2ND WEEK :(

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
I know their games haven't sold as well as they wanted, but this is the first I hear about them having DmC as a last chance for business.
Wasn't there a comment about Capcom wanting to work with NT again? I'm sure it was somewhere on this forum.
Yep, also want a source for this.

I've seen that thread too. If worst came to worst I imagine Capcom would just purchase NT studios and have them working as a western branch like they did with DR 2s developers. They did say they were very happy with the collaboration efforts with NT.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people

- The True Nephilim -

Devil Trigger Expert
Rumors when the game was announced by Ninja Theory, many people also believed they took the job because it was their 'Ultimatum'
But I could be wrong.

Meg

Can you guys stop with all the "oh the haters won. They did this on purpose"? It's nauseating. Some of you are really making it sound like "the haters" is this giant blob of people who are set on destroying this game. Yes there are some people like that. But I can assure you that most people have better things to do. It's not the "haters" fault this game isn't selling well. PR wasn't great in the beginning; though it did get better. But ultimately, here's the thing: you can love the game all you want, and you can think it is one of the best games you've ever played, but that doesn't mean it is going to interest and be considered a "great" game by the average gamer. I have games that I love that get little love from anyone else. It happens.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
Can you guys stop with all the "oh the haters won. They did this on purpose"? It's nauseating. Some of you are really making it sound like "the haters" is this giant blob of people who are set on destroying this game. Yes there are some people like that. But I can assure you that most people have better things to do. It's not the "haters" fault this game isn't selling well. PR wasn't great in the beginning; though it did get better. But ultimately, here's the thing: you can love the game all you want, and you can think it is one of the best games you've ever played, but that doesn't mean it is going to interest and be considered a "great" game by the average gamer. I have games that I love that get little love from anyone else. It happens.

pfft, hater.

Meg

And what a wonderfully unbiased post. :ermm:

Seriously though, this just make me put you on my ignore list. Your post is hypocrisy at it's finest. -_-
Um.....okay? I'd ask how but if I'm really on your ignore list then I guess I'll never know.

So if someone else wants to tell me, that would be great. Because I don't get it.

MedicoreR

lol @ haters

They waited for the ****ty reviews but didnt happen. So they said ''Reviews are paid off. The game is bad''
Then a fake review talked **** about the game and they said ''Very fair review''
Then they said ''Nobody is gonna love this game,its the worst game ever''. But almost everyone says the game was good.
Their last hope was sellings. They said ''It wont even get a 500k'' then it changed ''It wont go over 1 million''. Right now they say ''It wont reach the goal which is 2 million''
What a bunch of idiots. The goal is the toppest expectation. If it sell under 2 million doesnt mean it did bad.

Its 2013 and:
People are not into hack n slash games. FPS and RPG games are better sellers in last years.
And they prefer more popular and well advertised games like God of War.

The game is doing fine. The game is good. Thats all matters.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Um.....okay? I'd ask how but if I'm really on your ignore list then I guess I'll never know.

So if someone else wants to tell me, that would be great. Because I don't get it.

Don't just don't meg.

This guy dislikes anything that isn't full on support for everything DmC related.

Any negativity will cause him to immediately dislike and challenge your posts.

Don't even bother.

And as far as the thread goes, I was expecting it really.

The same thing happened recently with RE6 with the sales dwindling after its initial launch.

There could be various factors for this

1.bad pr
2.Divided fanbase
3.People lost interest

But I don't think the game was a "complete" failure so maybe Capcom will continue it or go back to the old series to give it one final shot before just completely killing off the franchise.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training

I'll have a bash at explaining. Maybe because you do not wholly blame 'haters' for DmC sales? I'm not sure.:/ What does the 'ignore' option do anyway? Can't see ignored persons posts? Or not allowed to PM?

I do agree with you when you say games you really like don't get much love. I get what you means with that. Just because I think a game is really good does not mean that everyone else will think the same. One persons opinion is not universal.

Gaflima

Son of no one.
I'm sorry, but I stay with Meg this time. She already said everything.
Some people are just generalizing the world "haters" to blame everything, it's just stupid.
I'm a big supporter of the game, but I can see that the PR was horrible since the very beggining.
I'm failing to see the "hypocrisy" on his text.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
lol @ haters

They waited for the ****ty reviews but didnt happen. So they said ''Reviews are paid off. The game is bad''
Then a fake review talked **** about the game and they said ''Very fair review''
Then they said ''Nobody is gonna love this game,its the worst game ever''. But almost everyone says the game was good.
Their last hope was sellings. They said ''It wont even get a 500k'' then it changed ''It wont go over 1 million''. Right now they say ''It wont reach the goal which is 2 million''
What a bunch of idiots. The goal is the toppest expectation. If it sell under 2 million doesnt mean it did bad.

Its 2013 and:
People are not into hack n slash games. FPS and RPG games are better sellers in last years.
And they prefer more popular and well advertised games like God of War.

The game is doing fine. The game is good. Thats all matters.

Yeah, and the game's only been out nearly 2 weeks, not a friggin year @_@ little early to be panicking isn't it?

ZeroLove

Seriously though, this just make me put you on my ignore list. Your post is hypocrisy at it's finest. -_-

That's rather harsh and unnecessary. Meg raises a good point. It's not necessarily JUST the haters' fault that this game isn't selling all that great. Ignoring Meg for making that observation just shows your own ignorance.

Meg

I'll have a bash at explaining. Maybe because you do not wholly blame 'haters' for DmC sales? I'm not sure.:/ What does the 'ignore' option do anyway? Can't see ignored persons posts? Or not allowed to PM?

Both. :D ignoring a person means they cannot contact you, and you can't see any of their posts.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.

Well that escalated quickly...

I don't think she even criticized the game at all o_õ

Top Bottom