• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Goes to Hollywood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

OriginalOutcast

We all knew this was going to happen sooner or later but The film production Company Screen Gems (Who are mostly known for making the Resident Evil films.) has purchased the rights to make a Devil May Cry Movie.

Here's the link that tells all about it.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118033032?refCatId=13

This is all I have to say about it: "God help you if Uvve Boll or Paul W.S. Anderson Directs this!"

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I was just gonna post a thread about the same thing! Thanks Original Outacst for your link. Looks like it actually may happen! This is what I found -
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/115/1152720p1.html

Everyone is going crazy on reuben Langdon's FB page saying he should play Dante.

It's probably going to be awful - I'm still recovering from the Tekken movie destroying all my favourite characters.

jackiexylon

i hope they dont fk it up.. like what they did to RE.. well the rest of the RE movie saga was good but the last part was sht(negative sht)

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Noooooooooo *dies inside* its another way to ruin the franchise, isn't it?
I swear Capcom have got this kind of thing down to an art.

I haven't seen Tekken, but I've read about it, and what i've read made me admit that i didn't want to see it.
50+ changes (or mistakes) were made in that film that didn't please fans.
I've heard that Jake Gyllenhall was a whiney little so an so in Prince of Persia.
I kinda like the Resi films, but then again i haven't really played the games.

OriginalOutcast

You know what would be the even bigger cherry of disappointment since Screen Gems now has the rights to make a DMC movie? They might cast Milla Jovovitch to play as Lady. (That's one of the other reasons I'm afraid.) Tekken was ok despite some grips I have about the film and I heard Prince of Persia was critically acclaimed but I havent seen it or played the games to know if that one is good.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I can't see them casting Milla as Lady (i don't know why, i just can't see it happpening).
I was thinking more along the lines of sticking characters into relationships that wouldn't happen in the games.... completely changing the way characters act/behave.
Capcom told the writers of the Resi films that they weren't aloud to take any ideas from the games. And i suppose it'll be the same for a DMC film. That's what makes me go cold about the idea

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
it should be interesting to see how it goes. if they change things just think of it like you would a fanfic. it dosn't have to be exactly like the games to be good. it dosn't really even have to be close( it would be better if it is but still as long as it is a good movie the rest is secondary)

OriginalOutcast

I don't remember anything about Capcom not giving permission to the writers of the films. I just remember an old Interview that Paul W.S. Anderson had stated that he "didn't want the films to be as predictable as the games because we know the main characters survive due to them being in later game sequels." To him a horror movie is defined by jumpscares & shock value as opposed to tension & atmosphere.

Also The RE games have their own universe but have at times borrowed ideas from the movies. (Example: RE4 borrowing the laser room from the first and 3rd movies and RE Umbrella chronicles borrowing the "Red Queen" Computer system from the movies.)

OriginalOutcast

Your fine, This sort of has ties with DMC and Capcom since Capcom was possibly inspired by the "Red Queen" name enough to Give Nero's Sword that name. But getting to the point, We don't know who will be Directing or Starring in this movie but all future updates related to the Upcoming DMC Movie will be in this thread.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I watched King of Fighters last night. I fell asleep halfway through - the story was good, the actors....not so good. Afterward we chatted about it and we said 'it must have been based off a video game or summin'. NOT GOOD.

Also, Prince of Persia was bloody good for a movie adaptation. I got into it, and it's also made me want to get into the games. I haven't watched Tekken yet, but I am planning to on our next trip down to the vid store.

As for one of Kyle Ward's works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU5qIvdG5eo, the movie adaptation. Bruce Willis = instant win.

And usually the process of having a book/game churned into a movie means that the company purchasing the brand may produce a movie based off of the series. That means they might only keep the names of the characters and get one or two people who actually resemble the characters. It also means they can do whatever they want with the characters, eg. change their history, their current circumstance, and exactly what they have to go through, with a few strings here or there still connected to the original series. Dante might have a sister called Vergina instead of a twin brother. His mother might still be alive and possibly be addicted to drugs. Dante might start killing demons because he's forced to defend himself, but it will be without his macho attitude, a real woe-is-me persona. Dante might actually have completely black hair in a Nero style and wear sunglasses all the time. It is like darkslayer13 said, it's like fanfic. You get to play with the characters and the concept of their world, keep a couple of key ingredients from the original series, and the rest is history.

Unless, of course, Capcom retains some of the movie rights to the extent where they can say, this is what goes, and this is what is unacceptable.

But considering it's a movie being made from a game, it's likely that the movie company will have the final decision on where to take it.

I'm hoping they cast Nicholas Cage as a Jester type of character. He'd be awesome. ^_^

OriginalOutcast

Master Vergil that's a fan-made trailer using random footage and soundbits from various movies. Jamie Foxx is playing Lynch in the upcoming Adaptation and a Trailer has never been released yet because the movie won't be out till 2013.

Here's the link that talks all about it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0968747/

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Doh! >_<
I didn't read the youtube commentary. *sigh* I blame Bruce Willis for blinding me.

Shoot, so who the heck is Kyle Ward then?

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Hmm. Hate to say it, but Screen Gems will ruin DMC movie in my opinion, as they did with the Resident Evil films. Thank god the Resident Evil films are not canon with the game's storyline.

Why can't Capcom just make a CG movie of Devil May Cry? Jeez.

Rep + to the thread creator.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I just hope they either use DmC or DMC3 for the story...both are epic places to begin....and i think they make something halfway decent at least....like Prince of Persia...i mean...yes it didn't exactly follow the game series...but what it did do was take bits from the original arcade games and tie it into the first game...and it was done well...they can do this the same if they really put an effort

RaVeN

The immortal
at least in resi they didnt totally ruin the game story lines throughout the series, i just hope...and pray they get this right( i really doubt it -_- ) otherwise they will ruin my favorite game series =( btw on a side note prince of persia was pre lame, but considering it was a Disney production they did well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom