• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Devil May Cry: 'Don't Worry' Says DmC 3 Director

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Sorry to burs
But hey, don't pay attention to it if you don't like it.:troll:

DMC3 was the best game in terms of gameplay i am really sad that you gave it a "Chance" it wasn't worthy of your epic "Chance" :troll:
Who wants it to be fast ?? we just want better gameplay and decent story and dante that's all

lolz you like DMC4's story ?? >_> i've got nothing to say.......

same old Dante ?? AHEM !! it has only like 2 games continuing the ducking storyline and DMC3&4 are just prequels ! how dare you call it old !?? it has only 4 games out of it two of them aren't continuing the story

They can do the reboot when they at-least end the story

and btw don't pay attention if you don't like "His" comment :troll:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
DMC3 was the best game in terms of gameplay i am really sad that you gave it a "Chance" it wasn't worthy of your epic "Chance" :troll:

I never liked the DMC at first. I never paid attention to DMC1 at all when it first came out. and when I first saw DMC3, it just seemed like GoW to me.

Who wants it to be fast ?? we just want better gameplay and decent story and dante that's all

Oh, sorry. I guess those are the other fans who scream "DmC is on Unreal Engine and not MT Framework and thus the game will fail cause it's not fast enough!" Which I disagree.

lolz you like DMC4's story ?? >_> i've got nothing to say.......

I never said I liked DMC4 story. I like the gameplay, but no, the story was
meh-facebook-button.jpg
to me. Just another "Bleach."

same old Dante ?? AHEM !! it has only like 2 games continuing the ducking storyline and DMC3&4 are just prequels ! how dare you call it old !?? it has only 4 games out of it two of them aren't continuing the story

It kind of is old. what with DMC1 being the game that made it all possible, and was the true DMC. After that, it changed for both good and bad. DMC2 (Which no one seems to want to mention) was a filler, DMC3 a prequel that didn't really feel like a prequel, and DMC4 pulling a Metal Gear Solid on us with Nero taking Dante's place as protaganist.

They can do the reboot when they at-least end the story

Yeah, but people's expectations would be way to high then. Plus, that would **** fans off even more.

and btw don't pay attention if you don't like "His" comment :troll:

Who's "His"? You mean me?:ermm:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Who's "His"? You mean me?:ermm:

That's the "Repulsion" of fans i was talking about DMC4 is too much opera soap to me

Well is street fighter getting a reboot ?? no but its a decade old all idk Why ppl think reboot can clear up the mess it just helps with the story for gameplay i don't think its anything really new as far as i've seen it only has certain modifications they must've shown a proper demo by now but they want Dmc fans to go berserk so its their choice who am i to ask Capcom the almighty ?

Is tomb raider reboot ****ing fans off ? I dont't think SO

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
That's the "Repulsion" of fans i was talking about DMC4 is too much opera soap to me

Well is street fighter getting a reboot ?? no but its a decade old
I thought SF4 was a reboot...:/
it looked different, it played different and i have no idea what the story is but with all the new characters, i guess it was a new story. Maybe the gameplay was similar to the old school SF2, with the same combinations for special moves but combos and defense were different.
I think DmC is going to be the same way. But i cannot be sure until i play the game. But as far as it looks, you press Triangle to slash and Square to shoot in between combos to keep your rating going or you snatch just like before. And also the ground Rebellion/Scythe combos seem to have the same delay input as before but i think there is a little more too it than previously( i just cannot figure it out without playing it)

Everytime i hear people bad mouth DmC i just think about how much they were going to hate DMC3 as well just because DMC2 was mediocre. And now after DMC4 being mediocre, another drastic change happened, and i think Capcom actually wanted to continue DMC, but with all the back lash, i know its gotta be hard to give a s**t about it. I just hope NT keeps not giving a S**T about what people say and stay focused on their vision. Capcom can stay being tight wads for all i care. Let someone who can tell a story step in and keep the DMC franchise going.

MilkmyDragon

Well it sure isn't going to milk itself...
You know there could be something you're not considering, and that is Tameem. We all know he's the artsy head-above-the-clouds kind of a guy, so it could be that he wants as little as possible leaked about the game to keep a shroud of mystery about it, and so that it's all the more dramatic when it comes out. There is also a possibility that he thinks giving the players only a chunk of the game wouldn't do it justice, and would spoil the story he takes so much pride in. Plus you have to keep in mind that this is a do or die situation for both him and NT, beacause if this game flops this could very well be the end of them, so it's understandable that he'd be very nervous and protective about it, which is also noticable in all of the disclaimers in the trailers.
I don't mean to defend him, all I'm trying to do is give a fresh perspective to the situation.
Cheers.

Reactions: Meg

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

Well dude it isn't based on SF2 its based on SF3alphamax series which i also dislike
images
I disliked them because i loved SF2 in arcades and these games are just so not familiar to me its very different and clunky but SF2 was actually replaced by SFalpha series decades ago and no one complained but its ironic since everyone got into SF series just because they played SF2 at some point of their life i also dislike the overly bugled and weird looks of all the characters i'd still say that Ex3 is better than SF4 its just my personal opinion though

well you see its only their mistake in making DMC4 complete disatrously annoying all the cheesy kyrieXnero moments and Dante clown in a nutshell was a disaster ! so they screwed it all up by making the whole story a vanilla milkshake now they're making it all completely wrong i mean really now dante's skinny and wears tightest pants in the world so its bascially ****ing off the fans

First you make him a cool tough guy who likes to crack antique jokes at times then you make him all silent and morbid as if his he's in some despair and finally the gameplay suxed hard so that's why the backlash then they made DMC3 for
good or bad they made a prequel which rocked since they made a sequel which was DMC4 but it was meh not fun and addictive as DMC3 its their fault they should've made it like DMC1 with balance of eastern&western culture it has the best story IMO and DMC3 has the best gameplay so i want something like DMC1 now

Hey @Milymydragon Nice sign :D

ReRave

smug jerk
You know there could be something you're not considering, and that is Tameem. We all know he's the artsy head-above-the-clouds kind of a guy
Whatt do you deduce that from?

, so it could be that he wants as little as possible leaked about the game to keep a shroud of mystery about it, and so that it's all the more dramatic when it comes out.
NT and Capcom are professionals, not a bunch of angsty teens, who want to keep up a shrouded self-image. This is something they make money with, they can't afford to be whiny bitches about their job.

There is also a possibility that he thinks giving the players only a chunk of the game wouldn't do it justice, and would spoil the story he takes so much pride in. Plus you have to keep in mind that this is a do or die situation for both him and NT, beacause if this game flops this could very well be the end of them,
Not likely, they seem to have something else already stirring in the pot. At least that's what they said (though I'm not sure).

so it's understandable that he'd be very nervous and protective about it, which is also noticable in all of the disclaimers in the trailers.
Also, it's possible that the game just isn't presentable yet...

I don't mean to defend him, all I'm trying to do is give a fresh perspective to the situation.
Cheers.

MilkmyDragon

Well it sure isn't going to milk itself...
1. It is easily noticable from his general demeanor, the way he talks, the way he looks, and plenty of stuff he's said in the interviews(and please if you have any respect for me as a fellow human being don't make me do a thorough analysis of all of his interviews to prove it:().
2.I know this is a business, but there are many different advertisment tactics, one of them being withholding information to build up hype.
3.I've recieved the similar information, however after Enslaved bringing in so little money, they really can't afford DmC to flop.
4.Of course it's a possibility, as I have said I'm just trying to give the situation a fresh perspective, these are only alternative reasons as to why they haven't given us a demo yet that I'm offering for your consideration, they aren't hard-cold facts and are not meant to be taken as such.
In any case I appreciate your opinion, and thank you for it.
Cheers.(god I love that word)

DragonMaster2010

Personally, I think we shouldn't judge yet. We should wait and see. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, then we'll ignore it like DMC2. (Which really wasn't that bad, but whatever.) But don't ride it off as saying it sucks automatically. Like I said to Donte, I thought DMC sucked when it first came out or a GoW poser game, but then I played DMC3 and was suprised in a good way. So we should wait and see. I wanna see what the kids got.:cool:

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Personally, I think we shouldn't judge yet. We should wait and see. If it's good, it's good. If it's bad, then we'll ignore it like DMC2. (Which really wasn't that bad, but whatever.) But don't ride it off as saying it sucks automatically. Like I said to Donte, I thought DMC sucked when it first came out or a GoW poser game, but then I played DMC3 and was suprised in a good way. So we should wait and see. I wanna see what the kids got.:cool:

You must be kidding i've played Gow when it first came out in 2007 yes i got the cd for my ps2 :D but when i saw the trailer of DMC3 it was totally different i don't understand from where did you get the feeling its GOW knock-off
my friend its is called stereotypical judgement

DragonMaster2010

You must be kidding i've played Gow when it first came out in 2007 yes i got the cd for my ps2 :D but when i saw the trailer of DMC3 it was totally different i don't understand from where did you get the feeling its GOW knock-off
my friend its is called stereotypical judgement

I say that cause I was more into anime based games like Narto UN series (Which I'm glad I'm done with) plus I was young when DMC3 came out and didn't like M-rated games so I naturally thought of it as some GoW stuff. That's all.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Obviously he is not going to say the game is "crap" or he dislikes it.

That would be a dumb move on his part as a employee of capcom.

And if he did a "no comment" type of thing than fans would just think that he does not want to give his true opinion on the game.

I'm not saying that he is just being a kiss azz to hype the game.

But I'm also not denying the possibility.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Obviously he is not going to say the game is "crap" or he dislikes it.

That would be a dumb move on his part as a employee of capcom.

And if he did a "no comment" type of thing than fans would just think that he does not want to give his true opinion on the game.

I'm not saying that he is just being a kiss azz to hype the game.

But I'm also not denying the possibility.

There's also the fact that he's been working pretty hard on it for quite some time now.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
There's also the fact that he's been working pretty hard on it for quite some time now.

Really?

How hard has he been working?

And how do you know this?

What is his position on the development of this game?

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Really?

How hard has he been working?

And how do you know this?

What is his position on the development of this game?
Are you...
Asking me...
how I know the interviews say he's advising NT on this game are true?
I don't? I guess I'll just assume they are.
Or that advising a studio that's never handled a technical action title on the technicalities of action titles is not easy work.
I honestly don't know why you're asking me and not him.

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know if you saw. But in most of the interviews since E3, they've been citing him as one of the chief overseers on the project, gameplay and combat-wise. I thought this was common knowledge on the forums. My bad.

Ana

Maybe it's the cynic in me, but I just don't feel like this kind of comment is worth getting worked up over, no matter who it comes from.

Is there really any reason to believe he's not just saying that? People lie all the time, especially in business. It's like celebrities selling products they've never used.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Are you...
Asking me...

Of course I am...

Your the one that said with confidence that he had been working hard on this for a long time.

You certainly did not give me the impression that it was a assumption on your part.

So I thought it would be nice if you expanded upon your post and gave me a source to your info.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Of course I am...

Your the one that said with confidence that he had been working hard on this for a long time.

You certainly did not give me the impression that it was a assumption on your part.

So I thought it would be nice if you expanded upon your post and gave me a source to your info.
Cool. The first one I found that stated so was here. And again in this video. And in every recent interview (like the ones with the Russian magazine and the Playstation magazine).

Actually, they've been stressing the fact that he's still the gameplay director. Or something like that.
Did that answer your question?

EDIT:
and here, he's listed as a co-director. It was written in 2010.

Top Bottom