• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Vergil looks so good without the hat :D

I agree LOOOOL

Vergilshat_zps642e9a6d.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
YO to get back on the actual topic, here's some footage of some guy who played DmC: DE :) Vergil looks so good without the hat :D

B8SgVttIIAAKE9o.png

So they really got rid of it. Now I have to keep my original copies so I can show future generations that Vergil did have a fedora somewhere that wasn't a Noir setting nor Indiana Jones.

I never thought that the fedora was stupid, I just thought that the way he wore it and the outfit combined with the fedora looked dumb. If he wore it proper and had an outfit that matched it wouldn't've been so goofy looking.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
So they really got rid of it. Now I have to keep my original copies so I can show future generations that Vergil did have a fedora somewhere that wasn't a Noir setting nor Indiana Jones.

I never thought that the fedora was stupid, I just thought that the way he wore it and the outfit combined with the fedora looked dumb. If he wore it proper and had an outfit that matched it wouldn't've been so goofy looking.

If the definitive edition comes to PC I'm gonna quickly record everything so that we have proof it once existed. :)

I didn't dislike the hat (which is technically called a trilby but I simply refuse to accept that because that's a silly word) but I do really prefer how this actually makes me pay attention to his whole face instead of that thing. I love his hair, too.

Judge

I don't know about that though. I felt Bayo 2 was just more fun with all the weapons from both the first and second game added in. Plus, there's still fun to be had in classic button mashers. Bayo 2 doesn't really strike me as that though. In terms of comparison to DmC, I do agree that Bayo 2 has more moves. The reason DmC has less moves is because NT wanted Dante to have a single weapon to do the attacks needed. Like why put in a roundtrip with the sword if you have Aquilis's round trip? Comparing Bayo 1 and Bayo 2, I've felt a bit more fun with the second one because of the combo variety and sheer things going on. Though Bayonetta 1 was better with the final boss battle then Bayonetta 2.

I hope if DmC get's a sequel after this Definitive Edition that they do something like they did in Bayo 1 with the final boss.

Well each to their own man. Glad you enjoyed Bayonetta 2 more than I did.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Technically DmC is a much better game in terms of Dante's air mechanics, the camera angles, the way you can link weapons togther. Bayonetta 2 dosen't play like that. It's better than DmC because it contains a lot more moves and the weapons allow for big finishers.
Well, if the air mechanics are better (not to mention, you can spin the camera around like SamD did in that one video), then I'll just take that as a small victory for DmC then.

I'm sure in DmC2 they'll have at least almost as many weapons as B2. It'll be mandatory at this point.

------------------------------------------------------

I thought the hat was called a "homburg."

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/category/mens-homburg-hats.html

DMC 4 Vergil needs to have this as an optional skin. Now. :sneaky:

Somebody... photoshop this, please! :nailbiting:

Last edited:

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
Well, if the air mechanics are better (not to mention, you can spin the camera around like SamD did in that one video), then I'll just take that as a small victory for DmC then.

I'm sure in DmC2 they'll have at least almost as many weapons as B2. It'll be mandatory at this point.

------------------------------------------------------

I thought the hat was called a "homburg."

http://www.hatsinthebelfry.com/category/mens-homburg-hats.html

DMC 4 Vergil needs to have this as an optional skin. Now. :sneaky:

Somebody... photoshop this, please! :nailbiting:
New weapons for DmC2? Like the ones we discussed in a DmC thread for DmC2 new weapons? Now which thread was that again?

Judge

Unfortunately guys I'm sceptical DmC 2 will happen. Hopefully it does, but Capcom might decide to continue with Nero in DMC5, or might even decide to do neither DmC 2 or DMC5.

I'm guessing this DmC DE will have to sell at least over 1 mil copies.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
So I found this from IGN. http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01...ion-is-the-next-best-thing-to-devil-may-cry-3

And suddenly, it made many people support this version now. Shocking, but I'm happy.
Just read it. I too am happy for this! DMC3 is still my most fav of all DMC games in general, but once it's released, I will see to it by actually playing it.

Unfortunately guys I'm sceptical DmC 2 will happen. Hopefully it does, but Capcom might decide to continue with Nero in DMC5, or might even decide to do neither DmC 2 or DMC5.

I'm guessing this DmC DE will have to sell at least over 1 mil copies.
Skeptical on DMC5 even happening to after the dissapointment for DMC4. If they can't do either DMC5 or DmC2, well I can care less.

It should be sold in a much faster rate when the vanilla DmC was released over 2 years ago.

Exejpgwmv

You don't warp after every wave in VBPM, just sometimes. But yeah, he has his own unique Bloody Palace, he's not just inserted into Dante's. It's 60 levels rather than 100 (or was it 99?), but it's tailored to Vergil and yes there is some warping, which, I dunno about you guys, but I always thought was super rad. And oh yes: you need this game now.
Say, Greg, would it be possible to bring Sam D onto the stream sometimes?

Him really showing off the games combos and mechanics would probably draw in more of the hardcore crowd.

Top Bottom