• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Devil Player

I've just found some news....

• Footage is a mixture of the Xbox One and PS4 versions.
  • Music track is "Barbas Theme" off the DmC Noisia soundtrack.
  • 0:25 - Triple Angel Evade. This is new to Definitive Edition
  • 0:28 - Circling Osiris Streak - This was technically doable before, but much more practical to execute with the manual lock-on--pretty much works no matter what, as long as you're locked on.
  • 0:40 - Caliber chasing. Doable without manual lock-on, but the hard tracking makes it a more reliable/exploitable(?) technique. Try it out and do cool things!
  • 0:44 - Another crazy circling Osiris Streak.
  • 0:56 - The action syncing up with the music here is what we call a "happy accident."
  • 1:05 - Dodging to the side while locked onto an enemy will cause Dante to circle around the enemy, allowing all sorts of new tactics. Note the reduced input time for the Stinger, allowing me to dodge and sting all in one fluid motion. Dreamrunner doesn't know what hit him.
Thanks, Gregaman! I want to see Vergil's gameplay on Bloody Palace, though. ;)

edit: It seems someone else posted the video, but at least the description is new, lol.

GregaMan

We'll have more Vergil BPM footage a little further down the line.

Today's stream will be more Dante gameplay, not Vergil.

Although I'd love to get Sam D back out here, he's not local and I don't think we're scoped for that :\ But what, my combos aren't good enough for ya?! I'll have you know that ring-around-the-Dreamrunner move at the end of today's vid was pure GregaMan.

berto

I Saw the Devil
We'll have more Vergil BPM footage a little further down the line.

Today's stream will be more Dante gameplay, not Vergil.

Although I'd love to get Sam D back out here, he's not local and I don't think we're scoped for that :\ But what, my combos aren't good enough for ya?! I'll have you know that ring-around-the-Dreamrunner move at the end of today's vid was pure GregaMan.
Question. Can I watch the stream off my PS4?

Dante94513

After seeing that stream, I was thinking "God Must Die + Must Style + Hardcore + No Damage Upgrades + Turbo."

tumblr_mil7bwT2H71s46koto1_500.gif

Judge

From the sounds of it theres a few more changes that we don't know about. I like everything I've seen so far, and I was planning to get DmC DE again anyway, but I hope this means Capcom/NT have some new moves they haven't told us about yet. Thats the only thing that I want now from this DE.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I would really like taunts back. Devil May Cry is all about being stylish, and taunts are a little thing that gives that sense of coolness.

For example, beating the hell out of a pack of Scarecrows without being hit, and mocking them with Nero saying "Hey ehi ehi!" waving his arms as if he's inciting a mob?

Or clearing a room after being able to pull off a crazy looking combo, and then having Dante being like "Pfff too easy"?

Priceless. Those things get me pumped and I missed that feel playing DmC :\
I hope they implement taunts, as unlikely as it is...

Dante94513

That would actually be kinda cool. Giving the option to add taunt animations and/or lines into the game. When getting an S or higher. Dante and Vergil will automatically do a taunt animation and/or say an awesome line after killing a few enemies or when the battle is over. I think mission 13 did something similar to that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom