• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Little late on my response. One thing I noticed on the last stream was that there is a new classification for dodging. I saw that there is a "Last-Second Dodge" now. Not sure if this just a re-naming of "Perfect" dodging. But if this is more than that, then this could be how hardcore mode rewards the Demon Dodge Buff.
(IE: Hardcore mode will only activate DD on "Last Second", while regular mode will activate on "Perfect" and "Last Second")

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Ah man, that'd be an awesome feature! Plus for the lights on the controller, the red can be for Dante while the blue can be for Vergil.

Oh, that's a good one! I remember that when you play inFamous Second Son with bad karma, it turns red. It would be cool if DmC played with a red color and Vergil's Downfall with blue.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Hey, I think it's good news. But on a selfish level, that increases my need for a DmC sequel. I just can't bring myself to be fully excited about if I don't get that lol.
Me too. The worst part is, I don't think we'll actually see one unless some miracle happens. :(

Edit: On that note, I don't know why people are complaining about the length of Vergil's katana (I know that the blade itself should've been at an o-katana or a tachi length, but still) when Raiden's is just as short, if not shorter.

In any case, if both get made, there will only be more double-standards (like the one above) as a result.

Judge

How many copies did MGR even sell? Because I thought DmC sold more yet still won't get a sequel unless DmC DE sells 1 to 2 mil copies.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
How many copies did MGR even sell? Because I thought DmC sold more yet still won't get a sequel unless DmC DE sells 1 to 2 mil copies.

According to vgchartz 1.74 million (vs DmC's 1.18 million) but at least we know that DmC's sales number is inaccurate as it was already confirmed that by July 2014, DmC was at 1,6 million.

But should Capcom follow through with their '2 million for a sequel' statement, we should technically be good. People will be buying the definitive edition. And I will be buying it like twenty times, maybe.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
Well, VGChartz just makes up numbers...

DmC2 would likely be in production if it wasn't a Capcom license. Look at Bayonetta. 1 mil sales for the first and abysmal sales for the sequel, but there will probably be a 3rd when Nintendo throws money their way again. Nintendo would rather have an exclusive prestigious game in their library even if it's a sales bomb. Capcom is so cheap lately with sequel announcements and DLC. If it can't sell 10 mil+ cowadoody numbers, then it's a failure to them.

The MGR sequel is no surprise really. In Japan, MGR sold about 325k or so at launch. Kojima pretty much green lit the MGR sequel that first week when he said he was pleased with the high launch sales.

The Final Offer

Listen, it's time to face the facts.

Capcom doesn't want to JUST EXIST for the sake of sequels to it's games. That would be them surrendering and showing no confidence in their teams.

Everytime Capcom makes a move that none of you like, you complain like it's you're last day to live. Just stop complaining. Capcom is moving the way it wants to move and that's FORWARD.

Yeah, it's not awesome that MM and other games aren't getting sequels. But at least, have the decency to let them work on something without the hate. It's like there's alot of unappreciative people and then there's gamers. Gamers game. I hope you understand that no gamer, whether they dislike or hate a company's move, actually complains about it. They realize constructively criticizing a company's games will have more of an impact on the product than just hating.

This is a company that works for YOU and their employees. They've made you things that you enjoy and you can't expect them to hit every note on your music sheet.

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not defending them, I'm reminding you.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Listen, it's time to face the facts.

Capcom doesn't want to JUST EXIST for the sake of sequels to it's games. That would be them surrendering and showing no confidence in their teams.

Everytime Capcom makes a move that none of you like, you complain like it's you're last day to live. Just stop complaining. Capcom is moving the way it wants to move and that's FORWARD.
Oh, believe me...I want them to push forward. Some of my favorite Capcom games are projects like Asura's Wrath, Darkwatch and Dragon's Dogma...games that will probably NEVER get proper sequels, but were still enjoyable.

I'd rather Capcom keep surprising me with new and interesting projects than rehashing old licenses to create games that bear absolutely no resemblance to their predecessors.

I don't starving for a Mega Man sequel, I don't want a Resident Evil sequel, hell, I'm not even in dire need of a DMC5...if Capcom keeps surprising me with new things that are just plain fun, then I'm all up for it. As heretical as it is to say, I've had more fun with those games, rather than the long line of inferior sequels.

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
Except Capcom's current idea of moving forward is making the most money with minimal effort or increase in quality.

Seeing what they are doing with RER2 is sad. Episodic game with sub-par graphics for PS4/X1, followed by a disc release with extra content. And it includes a game mode with microtransactions that turns a retail game into a F2P model.

That's not what the fans asked for, it's not what dedicated fans deserve and degrades the title/series as a whole.

And for the record, I just bought that REHD re-release they re-released again and I'll be getting the RER2 complete disc, so I can drag them if I want. They are still fun games, but they are tarnished by obvious actions that take advantage of their supporters.

The Final Offer

Oh, believe me...I want them to push forward. Some of my favorite Capcom games are projects like Asura's Wrath, Darkwatch and Dragon's Dogma...games that will probably NEVER get proper sequels, but were still enjoyable.

I'd rather Capcom keep surprising me with new and interesting projects than rehashing old licenses to create games that bear absolutely no resemblance to their predecessors.

I don't starving for a Mega Man sequel, I don't want a Resident Evil sequel, hell, I'm not even in dire need of a DMC5...if Capcom keeps surprising me with new things that are just plain fun, then I'm all up for it. As heretical as it is to say, I've had more fun with those games, rather than the long line of inferior sequels.

All I believe everyone wants Capcom to do is have a branch off studio. A studio made just to recreate or remaster old games. Add ons, no full blown sequels. I personally, would love that for any company with a rich history.

Wolf, how'd you feel if Capcom were to announce a studio dedicated to it's seasoned fans?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
All I believe everyone wants Capcom to do is have a branch off studio. A studio made just to recreate or remaster old games. Add ons, no full blown sequels. I personally, would love that for any company with a rich history.

Wolf, how'd you feel if Capcom were to announce a studio dedicated to it's seasoned fans?
If they really want to do that, they should just out-source the projects to some third-party developer like they did with DmC. One of the big incentives I had to buy it was because it was a revival of the series, being handled by someone other than Capcom. That's EXACTLY what they should do...that's what they were going to do with Mega Man: hand him over to Retro Studios, the folks who practically specialize in reviving old franchises (Metroid Prime, Donkey Kong Country Returns, etc.)

Look at Nintendo. They do a lot of their projects in-house, but a lot of their revived franchises have come from third-party developers. Rare and Namco produced some excellent Star Fox games for a new generation. Project Sora revived Kid Icarus. Square Enix took the reigns for shifting the Mario license into the RPG genre. Sega revived F-Zero for the GameCube. Intelligent Systems has been the sole contributor to the Fire Emblem series for almost twenty years. Tecmo Koei had even more say on what was in Hyrule Warriors than Nintendo did.

This is exactly what Capcom needs to do. If it doesn't want to go bankrupt, but it still wants to hold onto its intellectual properties that have made them money for years, don't be afraid to outsource projects to outside companies.

And while other companies and developers handle the old franchises, Capcom has free reign to do what it should be doing in this day and age: sit down, clear the desk of cluttered ideas and rehashed sequels, and MAKE SOME NEW GAMES THAT AREN'T BOUND TO OLDER IP'S.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
i dont have a ps4/xb1, but i'll buy this game to support them, then, when it eventually comes to PC, i'll punch myself in the nose for buying the console version

LOL that's what happened to me with DMC3 and 4 (except DMC3 PC port is h-o-r-r-i-b-l-e)... only difference, I didn't punch my nose, I hammered my balls :D

Top Bottom