• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

Gbraga

I know, I know, I mean, if I don't use hard lock, can I still use that trick?

I think the closes I have to a comfortable button mapping using lock-on would be:

Down d-pad = gun special
L1 = angel mode
L2 = demon mode
R1 = lock-on
R2 = evade
R3 = Devil Trigger

But I'm still not happy with that at all >_>

The current "everything default, only changing L1 evade to Gun Special" seems to work a lot better..

Judge

i think i saw 1 new move from dante but idk..

Was it the Double Angel Dash? Thats an update to the Angel Dash move that came from the PC modders.

Apparently the changelog is over six pages long and Capcom didn't share the entire breif with Destructoid so its possible theres some things in there that have yet to be discovered.

I was hoping for a few more moves so I hope what you've seen is indeed something new we haven't seen before.

GregaMan

We'll have a more comprehensive change log at launch.

The next gameplay video (next Wednesday) will briefly highlight some of the crazy stuff you can do with the manual lock. Namely, Streak curving, super-tight tracking with Calibur, and dodging around the enemy. I actually discovered that last one after Sam D was here so I had to capture and add it in later. But it's pretty cool. Hehe.

GregaMan

Also nope, can't launch color-coded enemies with the "wrong" weapon. I think the idea was just to make it so using the wrong weapon doesn't cause a complete, cold stop anymore since that can be a really frustrating feeling. I have faith that even with the remaining limitations color-coded enemies present, people will find lots of stylish ways to incorporate wrong weapons.

Gbraga

Also nope, can't launch color-coded enemies with the "wrong" weapon. I think the idea was just to make it so using the wrong weapon doesn't cause a complete, cold stop anymore since that can be a really frustrating feeling. I have faith that even with the remaining limitations color-coded enemies present, people will find lots of stylish ways to incorporate wrong weapons.
Yeah, I was ok with being unable to launch, but I think that even being unable to juggle them is a bit too harsh. Maybe just make it so they are much more affected to gravity would be pretty cool, actually, it would make it more challenging to keep them in the air, and offer new possibilities to be stylish, having to find other ways to either keep them in the air or make yourself go down with them.

Who knows, maybe we'll still get something. Only when it comes out we'll be able to test it, I guess.

Also, I'm not sure if it's you who are directly responsible for promoting combo videos on the official social media pages, but if it is, congratulations on that, you're doing a great job since the game started, I never imagined Capcom's support for the community lasting that long. Sure, it may not be an incredible amount of work to share some combo videos, but what it represents is huge, I'm sure players are thrilled when they see an official Capcom page saying "check out this great video". It's like having your favorite superhero saying "good job, kid!", haha.

About the PC version, I'm sure you receive a million questions you can't answer, but can you at least say if it is a possibility at all or if it's something Capcom doesn't even consider? Even if they consider it, it may not come out, but if the thought doesn't even cross their mind (maybe the vanilla game didn't sell that well on Steam, who knows), it would be nice to know for sure.

DANTEandVERGIL

I NEED MORE DEVIL MAY CRY
ohh its was just a charged shot.. i taught it looked like a new aquila move
Was it the Double Angel Dash? Thats an update to the Angel Dash move that came from the PC modders.

Apparently the changelog is over six pages long and Capcom didn't share the entire breif with Destructoid so its possible theres some things in there that have yet to be discovered.

I was hoping for a few more moves so I hope what you've seen is indeed something new we haven't seen before.

ohh its was just a charged shot.. i taught it looked like a new aquila move

GregaMan

Yeah, that's me on the Facebook and Twitter accounts. Because Devil May Cry is such an exhibitionist series, it's particularly conducive to long-tailed social promotion because people keep making combo videos and discovering cool new stuff months, years after launch. I also think those kinds of videos are the best way to get people (myself included) excited about the games. These creative, high-level players make the game look better than we could ever hope to, which is kind of the idea behind community management as a whole.

Sorry, can't really comment on the potential for a PC version. I've definitely seen the demand and reported it as I do with any trends I see in online sentiment, but can't promise anything beyond that.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Sorry, can't really comment on the potential for a PC version. I've definitely seen the demand and reported it as I do with any trends I see in online sentiment, but can't promise anything beyond that.

You can report things to the higher ups or whoever calls the shots around there? :)

Well, keep reporting the demand for a PC update then. And uh, feel free to squeeze in some photomode + hud disabler demand. :D

GregaMan

You don't warp after every wave in VBPM, just sometimes. But yeah, he has his own unique Bloody Palace, he's not just inserted into Dante's. It's 60 levels rather than 100 (or was it 99?), but it's tailored to Vergil and yes there is some warping, which, I dunno about you guys, but I always thought was super rad. And oh yes: you need this game now.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
And oh yes: you need this game now.
Way to sell the game, bro. High five. :cool:

post-38727-NPH-I-request-the-highest-of-f-P6wG.gif

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I'm trying to be reasonable, man. :) I'd love for DmC to be at its best on all platforms, before we get that sequel.

it'll get to PC, capcom and NT were big fans of the mods right? they wont forget us.. it'll be there.. the way a sequel will be there.. and i cant be reasonable, i'm going berserk for wanting that sequel confirmed @%QWTASTQI%_@%I_ rawrrrrrrrrr

Top Bottom