• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

GregaMan

Yeaaaah, died a few times. Like I said, it's pretty hard to talk and play at the same time. And I was probably also trying to get too fancy. But to me, that's what makes the game fun! Even when it means dying more. I'm definitely in the camp that considers difficulty beside the point. I've always thought of Devil May Cry as akin to both Tony Hawk and jazz music--the fun is in creating impressive "solos" on the fly.

Also, just want to clarify, the change to DT (enemies no longer float) only occurs when Hardcore Mode is toggled on. If Hardcore Mode is off, the DT works as it did in "vanilla."

Thanks for watching!

Gbraga

Greg, can you at least juggle colored enemies with the "wrong weapon"? Kind of a shame that there's no hitstun, but at least you can get around it with Devil Trigger, now that it doesn't launch enemies anymore (yeah, Hardcore mode only, but it's the only way to play, along with Turbo Mode. Aw yis)

EDIT: Just reached that part, you can't, sadly. >_>

Last edited:

Dante94513

"Greg, can you at least juggle colored enemies with the "wrong weapon"?"

No, no please no. I like what we I saw.

Gbraga

"Greg, can you at least juggle colored enemies with the "wrong weapon"?"

No, no please no. I like what we I saw.
Then turn off the modifier? It's not a hard coded change.

If they're adding a modifier to remove the color coding, might as well go all the way. If I still need to use Devil Trigger to be able to properly combo them with more than one type of weapon, the problem wasn't solved, only lessened.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Destructoid spent some time with DmC: Definitive Edition, and discussed some of the changes, as well as Ninja Theory's development of the project. Some interesting details I found were:

• Ninja Theory apparently faced some challenges with bringing DmC to next-gen consoles, since Unreal Engine 3 isn't officially supported on it
  • One of the producers at Capcom claimed that DmC's sluggish performance on Xbox 360 and PS3 was a result of "some performance lacking that really affected the previous systems"
  • The official changelog for DmC: Definitive Edition is reportedly 6 pages long
  • Both Capcom and Ninja Theory are reportedly big fans of the fan-made mods for DmC, which was one of the big incentives for including some of them in the Definitive Edition
  • Hardcore Mode is not a standalone difficulty mode akin to Dante Must Die or the brand new Gods Must Die modes, but an optional gameplay modifier activated before mission start.
  • Vergil's Bloody Palace is 60 levels, as opposed to Dante's 100
  • You can turn off the timer in Bloody Palace Mode
  • Apparently, Ninja Theory hated Vergil's fedora...and it ISN'T making a return in the Definitive Edition. (So, whose idea was the fedora, anyway? o_O)
Still looking forward to both, but I'm a little more excited for DmC: DE with these updates...probably because we have next to NO information on DMC4: SE. Gee, thanks, Capcom. :grumpy:

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
  • Apparently, Ninja Theory hated Vergil's fedora...and it ISN'T making a return in the Definitive Edition. (So, whose idea was the fedora, anyway? o_O)
Huh? This confuses me too. But you mean, it isn't making a return as a skin right? Or did they remove his hat from the cutscenes lol

Also, just want to clarify, the change to DT (enemies no longer float) only occurs when Hardcore Mode is toggled on. If Hardcore Mode is off, the DT works as it did in "vanilla."

Thanks for clarifying that! I was actually wondering that. Not for me, but for DmC newcomers who were used to enemies shooting off in the air. I will be using hardcore mode a lot, though.

Gbraga

That's great, haha.

I'm sure Talexi made it look great in his fenomenal artworks, but it just didn't work in game.

Judge

I actually really liked the fedora. I felt it gave him a bit more character. Oh well.

Wait the changlog for the game is about six pages... Is that a lot. I don't know. Hopefully that means they got a few more moves in there as well then, since that was something I was clamouring for since the game relased.

They clearly spent so much time with the game and the PC version to decide how to make this game truly definitive. Apparently the game even feels differently to play because of the improved performance, so I'm keen to see how much better it actually plays now.

Although adding hardcore mode, and all that stuff is just ancillary imo. The main userbase Capcom/Ninja Theory want this game to appeal to is fans who would never normally pick up a DMC game. So I hope these changes give the game the 9/10 metacritic to attract those potential fans who woulnd't normally play a DMC game.

Not to mention no DMC game has achieved a 90 metacritic since DMC1. If these changes are truly as good as we hope they are, then DmC could be the first DMC game in a long time to conquer that achievement.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
HEY GUYS HEY GUYS HEY GUYS

So, you know how, like, Ninja Theory erased Vergil's hat like it never existed? It NEVER DID.

I finally understand that quote: All war is fought with deception, and you have been deceived.

(I'm sorry I think I'm really clever right now. What do you mean I posted this on all the websites I'm active on? Leave me alone.)

corrnata

Huh? This confuses me too. But you mean, it isn't making a return as a skin right? Or did they remove his hat from the cutscenes lol

Thanks for clarifying that! I was actually wondering that. Not for me, but for DmC newcomers who were used to enemies shooting off in the air. I will be using hardcore mode a lot, though.
In the visual art book on page 54 it says. "He was always wearing a hat" and later on it says on the same page "I'm sad he dosen't wear his hat anymore."

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's not pointless, and I much prefer the lock-on modifiers for inputs (both at the same time is pretty awesome though), but the DmC control scheme is made for auto-lock, we have a launch button, we have a dodge button, with only those two you already have two inputs you wouldn't need if the controls were made for lock-on in the first place.
I suggest mapping it to one of the analog stick buttons. The function there is only to click both at the same time for Devil Trigger. You can spare one. Like you said, you can already preform everything without the need of manual hard lock, and it works fine already. The manual hard lock right now could specifically be used for the sake of stylish exhibition potential. Targeting particular enemies at a certain times and keeping a track of that life bar to have some ultra stylish finishers. More convenient now since you don't have to guess just how long you got before they explode to death.

Gbraga

I suggest mapping it to one of the analog stick buttons. The function there is only to click both at the same time for Devil Trigger. You can spare one. Like you said, you can already preform everything without the need of manual hard lock, and it works fine already. The manual hard lock right now could specifically be used for the sake of stylish exhibition potential. Targeting particular enemies at a certain times and keeping a track of that life bar to have some ultra stylish finishers. More convenient now since you don't have to guess just how long you got before they explode to death.
I've seen Greg start a stinger and then switch targets mid stinger, never tried this clicking L3 with auto lock, is it possible? I'm seeing tons of potentials going around the world in one stinger lol

Top Bottom