• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC Definitive Edition for PS4 & Xbox One

GregaMan

Hiya!

Glad people are watching the streams. Couple quick notes.

-Touch Pad takes you directly to the item menu, unless you're on Gods Must Die mode, where items aren't allowed, n00b.

-PS4 controller light doesn't appear to do anything but I'll investigate more.

-Also, I think MGR is pretty rad, and I hope people support it if there is more to come. This genre is really great and pretty underrepresented these days, to the point that whenever there are even TWO coming out around the same time, they tend to be viewed as direct rivals, as though it were some kind of election rather than simply a nice time to be alive.

In reality, I think the stylish action genre as a whole needs support right now. The notion that someone passionate about the genre wouldn't buy a DMC game, a DmC game, a Bayonetta game, and an MGR game, is frankly a bit weird to me. It's not as though we're spoiled with a wealth of options./rant #SupportStylishAction :D

Last edited:

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014

Well, as long as it shines bright like a diamond, I'm cool. I've got a DmC lightbar sticker and I want to take a peek at it every once in a while. Also ordered a custom PS4 skin, I'm very excited! My PS4 has been all boring and black. :)

trickSTAR

Devil May Sexy
I'm just in dire need of an action game that doesn't start with the letter "B."
The second one won't exist to me until it's on an actual next gen console. I hope Nintendo caves and lets Platinum port it out to salvage the dismal sales of the Wii-U2DSLIXL3D version.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
The second one won't exist to me until it's on an actual next gen console. I hope Nintendo caves and lets Platinum port it out to salvage the dismal sales of the Wii-U2DSLIXL3D version.

I feel bad for all of you that you can't experience the beauty and ****ing fun of Bayo 2.

berto

I Saw the Devil
How many copies did MGR even sell? Because I thought DmC sold more yet still won't get a sequel unless DmC DE sells 1 to 2 mil copies.
Well, that's different. The 2 mil policy is a Capcom thing. As far as I know no one else is doing that or anything quite like it.

Well, VGChartz just makes up numbers...
Oh, no, they do not. The thing is that when you are dealing with numbers of video game sales you have a constantly shifting number. VGChartz is actually very accurate but only well after the peak of a games sales life, namely it's first year or so. After that it's all dependant on the developer's info and what they share with the site.

I'm just in dire need of an action game that doesn't start with the letter "B."
Bayonetta, Blazblue, Bullet Witch, Batman, BloodRayne, and that's all I got. You know, there are plenty other initials in the action genre besides B and D....

#SupportStylishAction
I actually go to a thing in 4chan called Cuhrayzee general that kinda dedicates itself to stylish action, DMC, Bayonetta, GodHand, Vanquish, Ninja Gaiden, and the like. They're a stingy lot and they are very un accepting of new titles but they have bloody good players.

Whaaaaaa..... That's a waste. You could use it for when you're low on health, with your style meter, for when equipping angel or demonic, for the DT. It really is kind of a waste...

Judge

Oh, no, they do not. The thing is that when you are dealing with numbers of video game sales you have a constantly shifting number. VGChartz is actually very accurate but only well after the peak of a games sales life, namely it's first year or so. After that it's all dependant on the developer's info and what they share with the site.

Not sure if you've had a look at Vgchartz numbers for the DMC series.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=devil+may+cry

DMC1 is at 2.99 mil, yet Capcom have reported 2.16 mil.
DMC2 is at 1.97 mil, yet Capcom have reported 1.8 mil. Which is okay I suppose.
DMC3 and DMC3 SE is at 4.06 mil, despite selling only 2.3 mil.
DMC HD Collection is at 1.17 mil, despite selling less than 1 mil.

So while DMC2 and DMC4 are close, Vgchartz numbers for the DMC series are very inaccurate. There is no excuse for this either, Capcom release their sales data publically every year, other publishers don't do that. Vgchartz have no excuse if I can find the right numbers from Capcom website by just typing stuff into Google.

So I disagree, Vgchartz sales numbers can't be trusted in this instance.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Not sure if you've had a look at Vgchartz numbers for the DMC series.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=devil may cry

DMC1 is at 2.99 mil, yet Capcom have reported 2.16 mil.
DMC2 is at 1.97 mil, yet Capcom have reported 1.8 mil. Which is okay I suppose.
DMC3 and DMC3 SE is at 4.06 mil, despite selling only 2.3 mil.
DMC HD Collection is at 1.17 mil, despite selling less than 1 mil.

So while DMC2 and DMC4 are close, Vgchartz numbers for the DMC series are very inaccurate. There is no excuse for this either, Capcom release their sales data publically every year, other publishers don't do that. Vgchartz have no excuse if I can find the right numbers from Capcom website by just typing stuff into Google.

So I disagree, Vgchartz sales numbers can't be trusted in this instance.
Capcom actually reported that they sold 13 million units across the whole franchise. vgchartz numbers would most closely match that number.

it sems that when capcom tells you about sales they defirintiate by release and re releases are counted separately. the 13 million units sold are across 19 titles and there are really only 5 games, 7 if you count the HD collection and DCM3 special edition separately. vgchartz bundles all releases of one game, doesn't matter if it's a 10 year anniversary with a pretty new cover that was only released in japan, if it's the same game they count it as such. capcom does not.

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Except, they claim that DmC's PC sales were zero. That's as inaccurate as one can possibly get.

That being said, new footage here:

Loving the end.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Except, they claim that DmC's PC sales were zero. That's as inaccurate as one can possibly get.
Why? What is their PC sales, then? Obviously not but is it low enough that it rounds off to that?

Edit: Anyway, they don't make up numbers. They are a little too close to Capcom's reports to just be 'made up.' If they were they'd just random numbers they wouldn't even be in the ballpark so it's not as though they are without merit.

Last edited:

sssensational

Supporter 2014
Why? What is their PC sales, then? Obviously not but is it low enough that it rounds off to that?

Edit: Anyway, they don't make up numbers. They are a little too close to Capcom's reports to just be 'made up.' If they were they'd just random numbers they wouldn't even be in the ballpark so it's not as though they are without merit.

I've seen DmC in steam's 'top sellers' list too many times to believe that it can round off to zero.

Top Bottom