• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DmCDante defeated 5 or 6 bosses while Virgil helped in one boss battle. if you're looking at who's better from there track record Dante still wins.

Well considering that Vergil wasn't a playable character that account sounds a bit redundant and one must assess how Dante defeated said boss and they're level of power or challenge.

Vergil may have only defeated one high ranking demon on his own (Beowulf) versus Dante who did in 6 demons (although one was an unborn infant and the other a floating head with an obvious weak spot as well as an immobile giant slug who wasn't made for fighting as well Mundus who was weakened and even had help from Vergil) where as with Beowulf was a fully grown demon who was at his full power is fully capable of movement and Vergil still finished him off in one clean slice in a second using only precision and blinding speed (who lets not forget gave Dante troubles in his fight against him).

Beowulf<<<<<<Bob, Spawn, Hunter, and Succubus

If Vergil can pwn those 4 the same way he pwned Beowulf.....and Dante.

He even finished off the Hell Vanguard in one clean blind strike.

He even defeated Dante before his power up meaning he could defeat any enemy Dante has fought prior to his fight (Cerberus and Agni and Rudra).

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well considering that Vergil wasn't a playable character that account sounds a bit redundant and one must assess how Dante defeated said boss and they're level of power or challenge.

It goes both ways, as I'm about to point out.

(although one was an unborn infant

Unborn infant or not, Killing Face was a f#cking gigantic monster that could emit waves of energy and teleport - it was still very much a threat like anything else Dante faced. It also actually could not die on its own - you had to wallop Lillith to end the fight, if you don't, it could potentially go on forever.

and the other a floating head with an obvious weak spot as well as an immobile giant slug who wasn't made for fighting as well Mundus who was weakened and even had help from Vergil) where as with Beowulf was a fully grown demon who was at his full power is fully capable of movement and Vergil still finished him off in one clean slice in a second using only precision and blinding speed (who lets not forget gave Dante troubles in his fight against him).

Except, wasn't Beowulf totally blind by then? And pretty beat up from his fight with Dante? Blind thrashing aside, was he really much of a threat at that point...?

He even finished off the Hell Vanguard in one clean blind strike.

A Vanguard totally weakened by its fight with Dante two seconds prior, and a Vanguard not expecting to be attacked.

Seriously, people really need to remember that iaido doesn't have much use outside of the outset of battle. Putting a weapon away mid-fight is a horrible idea, and that's why all the cutscenes never show Vergil sheathing his weapon until either the enemy is dead, or he is given more than ample time to do so.

EvilX-81

I think drawing conclusions for Beowulf (or really most of the bosses of DMC) is kinda hard. Beowulf's a tough mutha to beat in the game while Hunter is as much a chump as any other boss in DmC, but on the otherhand he did ripoff and roll a ferris wheel. Beowulf might be able to do the same, but it's all assumption.

Also, Beowulf was wounded by Dante earlier, losing his only eye, and hell, had been through a battle with Dante earlier. Doesn't totally diminish the feat, but it might have played a factor in how easily Vergil took him down.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It all sorta rolls back around to it being a bit difficult to quantify the power of fictional characters in different universes. It's really difficult when you start trying to place emphasis on certain things a character does to outside stimuli, that's why a lot of these types of theory fights try to focus on a character's abilities and feats as we can perceive them, more so than what they do to other things.

Like [Character] can beat this monster. Okay, how strong is that monster, and how can that be properly gauged towards another universe? It's better to look a why the character can beat that monster. What personal traits does the character possess that allows for that feat?

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
It goes both ways, as I'm about to point out.

Unborn infant or not, Killing Face was a f#cking gigantic monster that could emit waves of energy and teleport - it was still very much a threat like anything else Dante faced. It also actually could not die on its own - you had to wallop Lillith to end the fight, if you don't, it could potentially go on forever.

Actually Dante wasn't trying to kill the baby remember (he wanted Lilith alive). So it being unkillable is out of the question especially considering that a bullet was enough to kill it during the exchange and Lilith was still alive before the 2nd bullet to the head.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Actually Dante wasn't trying to kill the baby remember (he wanted Lilith alive).

Not trying to kill it doesn't make it any less of a threat. You're intended point before was that since it was an unborn fetus, it wasn't much of a feat for Dante to defeat it. It was still very much a threat that Dante had to overcome.

So it being unkillable is out of the question especially considering that a bullet was enough to kill it during the exchange and Lilith was still alive before the 2nd bullet to the head.

That's wholly different, because demons are nothing more than their soul inside a human vessel when they're outside of Limbo. They die just like any other human in that regard. That's why Limbo is so important to them, it's where they can really work their magic.

That actually strikes my argument right at the core and, with that, I have to yield since I have no way of saying that Vergil could hit those speeds without Yamato. Simple fact is, he hasn't. Considering that I'm going with the idea that Vergil is physically capable of hitting those speeds (which, I can't lie, I did out of laziness since I didn't feel like trying to deduce how he's using magic, what kind of magic he's using, etc., etc.), he has only done so with Yamato. If he was truly capable of hitting those speeds, he would do it by himself. Otherwise, he's doing it with help and that destroys a good chunk of my argument. So, I give.

vergil can also distorting space while moving with Yamato and completely invisible since he's moving so fast I would post the link but I can't since I'm new

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Well if you're telling me that somehow new Dante and original Vergil ran into eachother after some weird interference with the alternate dementional worlds... Well... I voted for Vergil but I want to express both sides. (DMC3) Dante lost to Vergil because he wasn't strong enough and didnt have his Devil powers. New Dante looks like he has SOME demon and angel powers but he still lacks certain strengths. Vergil's skills are far more surpiror when it comes to sword style and speed. Even if Dante has his little angel dash and dodge :p he still isn't that fast. NOW! Dante would have to win because "Bad guy always loses" :( The resson why I think Dante might win is just like Dante47 posted that new Dante cares (as hard as it is to see) more in ridding all evil. His determination serves as a strong factor and motivation.

HOWEVER!!!!!!!! The resson why orginial Vergil didn't kill original Dante is because he cared about his brother. New Dante didnt kill new Vergil... sort of because of Kat but he also stopped because he knew it was enough to. And I should know that Vergil can kill anyone in less than 1 minute tops. He was holding back for Dante because he still cared. Now that he's fighting this new Dante that has no connection with his real brother he won't give a crap now that he's fighting him. It would be a close shave on who wins but I go with Vergil.

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
Not as fast as light but its fast. Yes I understand that. Vergil can teleport as fast and while doing dementional slash is going so fast he's invisible. P.S. nice video.

Top Bottom