• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc dante vs DMC3 vergil

who wins

• Total voters

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ive seen multiple old dante vs new dante threads old twins vs new etc so i wanna see what ye reckon on this fight
as vergil nly had 3 weapons and prjectile swords its nly fair dante has the same so here goes they both have full powers and can use devil trigger dante has rebellion arbiter osiris and e+¡ vergil has yamato force edge the beowulf gauntlets and spiral and summoned swords who wins ?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i picked vergil as his speed and precision with yamato his teleport and his mastery of dual wielding force edge and yamato together plus his h2h with beowulf would be too much for dante so i think vergil would obliterate him

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Um...you all do know that if he could defeat his own brother, doesn't that also mean he could take out old Vergil too? Or is this a "N Vergil and O Vergil are two different beast" because I'd call B.S.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
old vergil was far superior to new vergil in power he dispatched enemies like they were butter he was much faster and the original yamato was a lot more powerful than the new one too

EvilX-81

Given that I believe the fight between old Dante and new would go to old Dante after a long hard battle, I would put the same here for new Dante vs classic Vergil, coming from the standpoint that classic Dante beat classic Vergil.

DragonMaster2010

old vergil was far superior to new vergil in power he dispatched enemies like they were butter he was much faster and the original yamato was a lot more powerful than the new one too

Really?
letmetellyou.jpg

Cause I honestly see no difference in their power besides the fact that new Vergil is different character wise from old Vergil and new Vergil moves around more then old Vergil. Both Vergils are roughly around the same age, and their's no differentiation of power between the two because new Vergil was created to be at the same level as old Vergil, just as new Dante was created to be at the same level as DMC3 Dante. Regardless of universes, both versions of the characters were created to be at the same power level. So I honestly see no difference in their power, thus why I say if new Dante could defeat new Vergil, then he could also defeat old Vergil as well.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
ive played as both vergils and from gameplay and cutscenes etc old vergil is better when u play as him in dmc3 he destroys everything without the aid of a doppleganger also dmc3 dante beat him once vergil beat that dante once and they had a tie that makes em even and lastly dmc3 dante is better in my eyes than new dante but thats just my opinion there is no need to make an arguement everyone will think differently thats life plus the votes show a lot agree

Fran0823

DmC and DMC why can't we have both?
Posts like this just make me hate my country's PSN support even more...I WANT TO PLAY AS VERGIL FOR $9 DAMMIT

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Posts like this just make me hate my country's PSN support even more...I WANT TO PLAY AS VERGIL FOR $9 DAMMIT
Fran, I told you a few months back: get another email, get a new PSN account, then select "United States" as your country.

You can only access the store if your region is North America, Europe, or Japan (does that count as its own region??)

The same thing happened to me when I put "the wrong country" (I won't say which one) as my region. Then I got a new email, and a new account, and now I can access the damn store.

You might have to "hard reset" your PS3, though. I'm not sure. This happened with my Vita, and I had to hard reset it to get a completely new account.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
both DmC and DMC dante have a way of getting lucky when fighting opponents of any shape size or stature. its just his luck

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
Really?

Cause I honestly see no difference in their power besides the fact that new Vergil is different character wise from old Vergil and new Vergil moves around more then old Vergil. Both Vergils are roughly around the same age, and their's no differentiation of power between the two because new Vergil was created to be at the same level as old Vergil, just as new Dante was created to be at the same level as DMC3 Dante. Regardless of universes, both versions of the characters were created to be at the same power level. So I honestly see no difference in their power, thus why I say if new Dante could defeat new Vergil, then he could also defeat old Vergil as well.

>no decent healing factor
>nearly killed by Donte with a single stab in the chest
>no surviving by a sword nearly cutting him in two parts and still proceeding to fight the Prince of Darkness alone after falling from a very high fall
>no demonstration of mastery of his fighting style
>let the fights be done by his brother instead of helping and acting like a warrior
>no slicing the head of a probably rival of his own overpowered father to pieces in a matter of seconds
>no slicing one demon to pieces without even turning his head to see what he is hitting
>no devil trigger that boosts all the natural abilities of a hybrid
>son of a demon that was caught to be tortured eternaly instead of a demon who faced alone all the hordes of hell to save humanity

Yeah, they seem pretty equal to me too.

Like i said before, the original universe has much more fantasy and strays more from reality than the new one. For the sake of a narrative that has it's "feets on the reality" they had to make more believable and human characters. That's why the demons in the original DMC are much more fantastic and have all kind of powers while in DmC they are for the most part (except Mundus, besides?) gigantic or just ugly beasts trying to smash or cut Donte.

Dante47

To be honest, in a fight, Vergil from Devil May Cry 3 would destroy the Dante that we've seen from DmC.
Dante is untrained, undisciplined, and hardly a match for someone who has spent most of their life harnessing and channeling their inner demon. Hell, Dante was nearly in denial before he met DmC Vergil that he even was a demon, let alone a demon-angel hybrid. Sure, Dante did defeat Mundus and DmC Vergil, but Vergil from the old series was more experienced than both of them. Dante from the old series defeated him by hanging on a wing and a prayer, and he didn't even really kill him. He let him go.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I'm with Dragonmaster. Just because Vergil's a different looking person in DMC3 compared to DmC, doesn't mean new Dante can't handle him like he did new Vergil. I just think all this nostalgia and favoritism is the reason people can't seem to grasp ow similar in skill and even power both Vergils are and refuse to except that a DmC character could defeat a loved original DMC character.

DragonMaster2010

I'm with Dragonmaster. Just because Vergil's a different looking person in DMC3 compared to DmC, doesn't mean new Dante can't handle him like he did new Vergil. I just think all this nostalgia and favoritism is the reason people can't seem to grasp ow similar in skill and even power both Vergils are and refuse to except that a DmC character could defeat a loved original DMC character.

I think so too. Nostalgia can really get in the way of understanding what's really there, and you just playing favoritism.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I think so too. Nostalgia can really get in the way of understanding what's really there, and you just playing favoritism.

Exactly. I mean, both Vergil's are pretty much created to be at the same power level just as both Dantes are meant to be the same in power scale. So obviously, if DmC Dante could handle DmC Vergil (easier then DMC3 Dante did with Vergil no less), then DmC Dante could defeat DMC3 Vergil with as much problems as it was with his universe of Vergil.

DragonMaster2010

Exactly. I mean, both Vergil's are pretty much created to be at the same power level just as both Dantes are meant to be the same in power scale. So obviously, if DmC Dante could handle DmC Vergil (easier then DMC3 Dante did with Vergil no less), then DmC Dante could defeat DMC3 Vergil with as much problems as it was with his universe of Vergil.

Plus, I think that DmC Dante would probably end Vergil quicker then DMC3 Dante did because he's seen darker times then old Dante and therefore is able to do more damage and end this evil before it manifest further. Unlike old Dante in DMC3 who ****ed around and joked about parties, new Dante would focus on just trying to kill Vergil and end all this before it got worse.

Dante47

Well, I don't think my nostalgia got in the way of my analysis. After all, I've stated several times that DmC (in my honest opinion) is on par and even improves upon Devil May Cry 3 in some aspects.

Top Bottom