• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Anime/Comic book crossover thread.

Ana

The manga works if you ignore the common sense.

So the plan is for tsukune to train under Dante and then for Nero to join the cast for season two.

I think Ao no exorcist would work as well as Bleach.
I still find the idea of Tsukune training weird :/ I especially find it weird to think he's that special. He's just one guy, why should he get extra attention? I actually also have trouble imagining Dante doing any actual teaching. When I say teacher, I mean "teacher" like Wolverine in X-men. "What do you teach, Mr. Logan?" "....Art." Basically, teaching's a cover for something else, like protecting the place or whatever.

I actually haven't watched Ao no Exorcist yet, but I hear it's good. It would be an interesting crossover. If I remember correctly, they have lots of hybrids (just not from Satan himself). You would have to reconcile the different structures of their demon worlds though.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I still find the idea of Tsukune training weird :/ I especially find it weird to think he's that special. He's just one guy, why should he get extra attention? I actually also have trouble imagining Dante doing any actual teaching. When I say teacher, I mean "teacher" like Wolverine in X-men. "What do you teach, Mr. Logan?" "....Art." Basically, teaching's a cover for something else, like protecting the place or whatever.

I actually haven't watched Ao no Exorcist yet, but I hear it's good. It would be an interesting crossover. If I remember correctly, they have lots of hybrids (just not from Satan himself). You would have to reconcile the different structures of their demon worlds though.

the main problem with Tsukune is that there is nothing interesting about him. He just a generic carboard cutout and is the weakest cast member, character wise. I honestly dont know what these girls see in him nor why people think he is the one to bridge the gap between humans and demons.

He needs extra attention since he is a person of interest to Mikogami. He is a human turned ghoul who might be a problem if not taught how to control his newfound powers. So you gotto give him extra help as the other kids dont have this problem.

In current comics, Wolverine is headmaster of the Jean grey school and teaches english literature.

In the scenario, Dante's trying to show the ropes of a devil hunter to tsukune, teaching him how to fight and sending him on jobs that Dante dont want to do. or can't. The main thing he is suppose to help him with is to be less indecisive with life. Tsukune lacks the desire to better himself and tends to be sycophantic. That contrasts with Dante's upbringing which seemed very hard and if he did not have the will to live, he wouldn't have made it.

The reason why Tsukune is on his own is cause the girls would baby him and be more of a safety net. Dante's got no reason to baby him as its Tsukune's life on the line and he has to figure it out. Plus he gets paid either way.

You could just set the crossover before DMC1 and combine Satan and Mundus, just saying that they are different names people have given him. DMC demons arent that developed as a culture so they can be molded.

Ana

the main problem with Tsukune is that there is nothing interesting about him. He just a generic carboard cutout and is the weakest cast member, character wise. I honestly dont know what these girls see in him nor why people think he is the one to bridge the gap between humans and demons.

He needs extra attention since he is a person of interest to Mikogami. He is a human turned ghoul who might be a problem if not taught how to control his newfound powers. So you gotto give him extra help as the other kids dont have this problem.

In current comics, Wolverine is headmaster of the Jean grey school and teaches english literature.

In the scenario, Dante's trying to show the ropes of a devil hunter to tsukune, teaching him how to fight and sending him on jobs that Dante dont want to do. or can't. The main thing he is suppose to help him with is to be less indecisive with life. Tsukune lacks the desire to better himself and tends to be sycophantic. That contrasts with Dante's upbringing which seemed very hard and if he did not have the will to live, he wouldn't have made it.

The reason why Tsukune is on his own is cause the girls would baby him and be more of a safety net. Dante's got no reason to baby him as its Tsukune's life on the line and he has to figure it out. Plus he gets paid either way.

You could just set the crossover before DMC1 and combine Satan and Mundus, just saying that they are different names people have given him. DMC demons arent that developed as a culture so they can be molded.

...You know what, I should be more honest. The real reason I'm so against this is because I don't want to see so much of Tsukune. I'm fine with him when he's part of the ensemble. He does interact reasonably well with the girls and is kind of the center of their group, but I find him dull when he's alone. Him with Dante would be too great a disparity for me to tolerate. I don't want to see his path to badassery. The training chapters are by far the most boring in shounen, unless paired with interesting character interaction.

....... ...................Mundus....... with children. Mundus, with kids. I... I need a moment. Also, I need to go watch the show. Or read the manga. One of the two.

Oh, something I forgot to mention before. MvC3 also has the interesting point that Dante is apparently from DMC3 era (also, Vergil) while Trish is DMC1, which should be 10 years later. So there's some kind of canon reworking required there. Also, Dante apparently appears in Jedah's ending of a Capcom only fighting game crossover. So this goes back a while.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
How about DMC entering the world of Ninja Gaiden (or Dead or Alive)?
I would kill to see a fight between Dante and Ryu Hayabusa...

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
DMC crossover ONE THING comes to mind only one thing Hellising !!
images

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
The ultimite crossover: Dmc Dante is Fighting a mass of demons in a red web-pit with some style.
suddenly, the boss arrives. DMC dante flies onscreen riding an ICBM wielding a MP5 constructed entirely out of bacon.
the ICBM detonates into millions of tiny pieces of packing foam, speading out and attacking everything in site.
The packing foam detonates again, causing everybody to melt into a small puddle except for Dmc and DMC Dante.
This is a game where both Dantes are playable... Instant Seller!!!

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The ultimite crossover: Dmc Dante is Fighting a mass of demons in a red web-pit with some style.
suddenly, the boss arrives. DMC dante flies onscreen riding an ICBM wielding a MP5 constructed entirely out of bacon.
the ICBM detonates into millions of tiny pieces of packing foam, speading out and attacking everything in site.
The packing foam detonates again, causing everybody to melt into a small puddle except for Dmc and DMC Dante.
This is a game where both Dantes are playable... Instant Seller!!!

Who considers pile of garbage as dante ?? there is only one dante and he is one and only son of sparda !

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
...You know what, I should be more honest. The real reason I'm so against this is because I don't want to see so much of Tsukune. I'm fine with him when he's part of the ensemble. He does interact reasonably well with the girls and is kind of the center of their group, but I find him dull when he's alone. Him with Dante would be too great a disparity for me to tolerate. I don't want to see his path to badassery. The training chapters are by far the most boring in shounen, unless paired with interesting character interaction.

....... ...................Mundus....... with children. Mundus, with kids. I... I need a moment. Also, I need to go watch the show. Or read the manga. One of the two.

Oh, something I forgot to mention before. MvC3 also has the interesting point that Dante is apparently from DMC3 era (also, Vergil) while Trish is DMC1, which should be 10 years later. So there's some kind of canon reworking required there. Also, Dante apparently appears in Jedah's ending of a Capcom only fighting game crossover. So this goes back a while.

I'm not against you disagreeing with me.

I just like it authors are not afraid of testing the limits and pushing their characters which these two lack. I thought this crossover would fix that. I dont mean it as a traditional training arc as Mikogami hires Dante to teach Tsukune how to be assertive which is something you cant teach. For him it's either you have it or you dont. He actually just teaches Dante the basics of demon fighting, how to fight with your hands or a weapon. Whether or not Tsukune continues is his call. Dante is not his mom.

The arc would basically just him trying to figure out how to adapt to his new life. Lady and Morrison will give him jobs and show him how other hunters act. Trish teaches him how to handle firing demonic energy and have a conversation with him about being a fish out of water. Patty would be his partner as he is closest in age.

Sorry for scaring you. I just thought it was the easiest way.
The anime deviates from the manga but might be even better.

The games was meant to cater to the fans and the fans seemed to like DMC3 version of Dante. Trish and vergil only have one version of themselves.

@Donte- please refrain from bringing up your feelings of the reboot in this thread as this aint the DmC thread.

Ana

I'm not against you disagreeing with me.

I just like it authors are not afraid of testing the limits and pushing their characters which these two lack. I thought this crossover would fix that. I dont mean it as a traditional training arc as Mikogami hires Dante to teach Tsukune how to be assertive which is something you cant teach. For him it's either you have it or you dont. He actually just teaches Dante the basics of demon fighting, how to fight with your hands or a weapon. Whether or not Tsukune continues is his call. Dante is not his mom.

The arc would basically just him trying to figure out how to adapt to his new life. Lady and Morrison will give him jobs and show him how other hunters act. Trish teaches him how to handle firing demonic energy and have a conversation with him about being a fish out of water. Patty would be his partner as he is closest in age.

Sorry for scaring you. I just thought it was the easiest way.
The anime deviates from the manga but might be even better.

The games was meant to cater to the fans and the fans seemed to like DMC3 version of Dante. Trish and vergil only have one version of themselves.

@Donte- please refrain from bringing up your feelings of the reboot in this thread as this aint the DmC thread.

You know what would make sense (to me)? Vergil going to Youkai Academy. He totally thinks humans are pathetic, right? Maybe he wants to, I dunno, make youkai/demon allies or something.

I just bring up the MvC3 timeline thing because I think it shows you shouldn't sweat the details of canon. Honestly, it's the spirit and general basics that matter. Like when people bring up how DMC1 Dante was supposed to not have seen his brother for 20 years, but DMC3 doesn't agree with that. So what? It's no big deal. Basically, sweating over every canon detail in a fanwork takes the fun out of it.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
You know what would make sense (to me)? Vergil going to Youkai Academy. He totally thinks humans are pathetic, right? Maybe he wants to, I dunno, make youkai/demon allies or something.

I just bring up the MvC3 timeline thing because I think it shows you shouldn't sweat the details of canon. Honestly, it's the spirit and general basics that matter. Like when people bring up how DMC1 Dante was supposed to not have seen his brother for 20 years, but DMC3 doesn't agree with that. So what? It's no big deal. Basically, sweating over every canon detail in a fanwork takes the fun out of it.

I don't think he hates humans he just thinks they're weak so he has adapted lone wolf kinda personality

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
...Vergil..in an echii manga. Ok guys, then let me sent this a step further and add this:

Vergil going to youkai academy to further his power, and eventually meet the mother of Nero and abandoning her in the end due to some tragic event that made him crave for power even more, thus opening Temme-ni-Gru etc. Nero's mother had some super arm ability that Nero inherited and...

:p

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I never saw Vergil as a human-hater, he's more against humans and demons getting together since humans would lose.

That would make sense but the drama would be hard to come by as Vergil wouldn't be against a harem. He would date but he would date girls of lineage or importance to the world. But even if he wants to get with the girls, you could play on the fact that he might not know how to deal with girls.

I just tend to overthink things which I cant help too much. Plus I tend to like series with potential but they tend to be under-utilized. It depends on the thing in question as I thought the writer of mVC3 put more effort than Kobayshi did in the anime and 4 which had more importance to me. How nero relates to Dante was more important than why Tron Bonne and Zero are in the same room.

Ana

I never saw Vergil as a human-hater, he's more against humans and demons getting together since humans would lose.

That would make sense but the drama would be hard to come by as Vergil wouldn't be against a harem. He would date but he would date girls of lineage or importance to the world. But even if he wants to get with the girls, you could play on the fact that he might not know how to deal with girls.

I just tend to overthink things which I cant help too much. Plus I tend to like series with potential but they tend to be under-utilized. It depends on the thing in question as I thought the writer of mVC3 put more effort than Kobayshi did in the anime and 4 which had more importance to me. How nero relates to Dante was more important than why Tron Bonne and Zero are in the same room.

Well, I never really was into it for the harem aspect... In an RPG, you gather a party. In a shounen show, you gather rivals. In a harem, it just so happens that your entire party is girls. The best harem shows are the ones that don't dwell on this too much and instead treat each (girl) character as an actual character. Besides, Rosario+Vampire moves steadily into drama territory, especially in the second year (or so I hear).

Anyway, naturally there's going to be some mood whiplash going on. And yes, I kinda imagine Vergil being not too great at any interpersonal things. That, to me, is the biggest flaw in Capcom's theory "Nero is Vergil's kid." I just can't imagine Vergil taking the time out of his quest to get together with a woman, any woman. I kinda doubt he's ever had any friends either.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
...Vergil..in an echii manga. Ok guys, then let me sent this a step further and add this:

Vergil going to youkai academy to further his power, and eventually meet the mother of Nero and abandoning her in the end due to some tragic event that made him crave for power even more, thus opening Temme-ni-Gru etc. Nero's mother had some super arm ability that Nero inherited and...

:p

vergil eechi manga ???
th_drool.gif
what's the tittle of it ? plz tell me is it well drawn ? is it in english ? it doesn't really matter tho ;)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Oh gawd vergil in a ecchi manga with a very hot ghurl........
Vampire knight and devil may cry is also an awesome cross over :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, I never really was into it for the harem aspect... In an RPG, you gather a party. In a shounen show, you gather rivals. In a harem, it just so happens that your entire party is girls. The best harem shows are the ones that don't dwell on this too much and instead treat each (girl) character as an actual character. Besides, Rosario+Vampire moves steadily into drama territory, especially in the second year (or so I hear).

Anyway, naturally there's going to be some mood whiplash going on. And yes, I kinda imagine Vergil being not too great at any interpersonal things. That, to me, is the biggest flaw in Capcom's theory "Nero is Vergil's kid." I just can't imagine Vergil taking the time out of his quest to get together with a woman, any woman. I kinda doubt he's ever had any friends either.

I think Vergil is more like Starkiller from the force unleashed in that he doesn't really know how to act in those situations since he never had to deal with it.

I honestly dont know if vergil would fall in love. A friend of mine rationalized vergil being nero's father by saying vergil would want the sparda lineage to live on if he and dante failed. Nero is a failsafe and might not be the only one.

Plus Vergil did not expect to go get his ass kicked by dante, Arkham's betrayal or mundus owning him.

Ana

I think Vergil is more like Starkiller from the force unleashed in that he doesn't really know how to act in those situations since he never had to deal with it.

I honestly dont know if vergil would fall in love. A friend of mine rationalized vergil being nero's father by saying vergil would want the sparda lineage to live on if he and dante failed. Nero is a failsafe and might not be the only one.

Plus Vergil did not expect to go get his ass kicked by dante, Arkham's betrayal or mundus owning him.

I don't know anything about about the Star Wars game(s?), but that sounds about right. Mind you, I like seeing normally stoic and controlled characters out of their depth. It amuses me.

I kinda want to imagine Vergil falling in love, but not realising what happened there. Also, I prefer happy stories the run on Power of Friendship and Love, but having strong feelings for someone isn't necessarily a good thing. There's about a million ways Vergil in a relationship could go wrong, especially if he's in denial about it somehow (or all his old issues rear up). And that's assuming the other person doesn't bring too many problems to the equation. Of course, I kinda imagine Vergil didn't really plan to have a kid. It probably just sort of happened. He might not even have known when he was at Temen-ni-gru.

Anyway, I find a sort of sadistic amusement in imagining Vergil in the sort of crazy situations you find in harems. And also in that green uniform. *snort* (Maybe the headmaster of the school arranged it. He might be, like, old friends with Sparda or something. Sparda seems to have at least been to Japan, to get Yamato.)

PS: Started watching Ao no Exorcist. Hm.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I don't know anything about about the Star Wars game(s?), but that sounds about right. Mind you, I like seeing normally stoic and controlled characters out of their depth. It amuses me.

I kinda want to imagine Vergil falling in love, but not realising what happened there. Also, I prefer happy stories the run on Power of Friendship and Love, but having strong feelings for someone isn't necessarily a good thing. There's about a million ways Vergil in a relationship could go wrong, especially if he's in denial about it somehow (or all his old issues rear up). And that's assuming the other person doesn't bring too many problems to the equation. Of course, I kinda imagine Vergil didn't really plan to have a kid. It probably just sort of happened. He might not even have known when he was at Temen-ni-gru.

Anyway, I find a sort of sadistic amusement in imagining Vergil in the sort of crazy situations you find in harems. And also in that green uniform. *snort* (Maybe the headmaster of the school arranged it. He might be, like, old friends with Sparda or something. Sparda seems to have at least been to Japan, to get Yamato.)

PS: Started watching Ao no Exorcist. Hm.

Seeing Stoic characters in situations out of their depth is funny and also gives you a chance to humanize them.

it all depends on whether or not, you are commited to the idea and is willing to back it 100%. Nero failed because Kobayashi gave up and tried to make more Dante-esque to appease the fans. Plus he made the background too vague.

You dont want to fall in the same trap.

He probably would be the only kid with a blue blazer. Sparda has been around for 2000 years so he gets around. he might agree with the idea of the school but not how mikogami runs the place.

How is it so far?

Defense devil might be a good crossover. Its about a devil who decided to act as a contract lawyer, representing sinners who want to get lower sentences or a chance o go too heaven etc. A cool crossover would be after 2, Dante is stuckk in demon world and is stuck in a trial, answering for killing mundus. The Defense Devil could try to free him.

@Sieghart- main problem with that is Dante would just try to kill the night class since they are unrepentant jerks to humanity.

Top Bottom