• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC Anime/Comic book crossover thread.

ZeroLove

Well, he kinda alreayd crossed over to the Marvel universe in Marvel VS Capcom 3. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

Ana

Well, he kinda alreayd crossed over to the Marvel universe in Marvel VS Capcom 3. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

I think first he crossed over into some sort of joint Capcom world. How did that work? I heard somewhere about how the Darkstalkers and DMC worlds were kinda similar in some ways (although then you'd have to explain how the demon world relates to the human world or something), so I guess you'd start there, and then you could add in Resident Evil (no reason why you can't have crazy mutants in the human world!) and Street Fighter (that green lightning guy is totally infected with a benevolent virus!) and the, uh, rest....?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dammit^ you would have been perfect for the DMC game crossover thread thats inn the general discussion.

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
Dante also was featured in the game Devil Survivor as an enemy, and when you defeat him, he fights at your side :D

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think first he crossed over into some sort of joint Capcom world. How did that work? I heard somewhere about how the Darkstalkers and DMC worlds were kinda similar in some ways (although then you'd have to explain how the demon world relates to the human world or something), so I guess you'd start there, and then you could add in Resident Evil (no reason why you can't have crazy mutants in the human world!) and Street Fighter (that green lightning guy is totally infected with a benevolent virus!) and the, uh, rest....?

For my DMC tv pitch, I was going do a joint Capcom world with DMC as the center.
It's not that impossible as DMC and several other properties have a loosely defined world so you could group them together.

On topic-
Comic wise - I would love to see how he reacts to living in the DC/Marvel/TopCow/Buffy/Hellboy universes.

Anime wise-
Rosario+vampire-
Its an anime about this human dude who has to go to a school that caters to monster kids because of a mixup.
Whether Dante takes his plave or is brought in to train the kid is up in the air.

Ana

For my DMC tv pitch, I was going do a joint Capcom world with DMC as the center.
It's not that impossible as DMC and several other properties have a loosely defined world so you could group them together.

On topic-
Comic wise - I would love to see how he reacts to living in the DC/Marvel/TopCow/Buffy/Hellboy universes.

Anime wise-
Rosario+vampire-
Its an anime about this human dude who has to go to a school that caters to monster kids because of a mixup.
Whether Dante takes his plave or is brought in to train the kid is up in the air.

MvC3 didn't even have that wide a range of characters, really. There was DMC, Darkstalkers (just merge the demon worlds, they're supposed to be so huge even their rulers don't know the full extent), and most of the rest is just "modern day" - Street Fighter (nothing terribly interesting here, just a bunch of martial artists, notably human badasses), Resident Evil (well, why not zombies? And maybe all those crazy viruses are actually derived from demons! It's present-day otherwise), the wrestler mayor from Final Fight (awesome! But otherwise a kickass human)... and there's also the Bionic guy. I dunno how you'd work that in. And of course, Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu really stand out...

Rosario+Vampire... man, it's been ages since I read that one. It would be fun to mess around with that. I think the idea I originally had was that the youkai are all demons who followed Sparda in rebelling and moving to the human world. He taught them how to take human form and live with humans... but obviously it's been a long time and many of them have some kind of supremacy going on now. You could even work in that Eva was a witch (an actual species there). I think it makes more sense to make Nero go to school, with Dante as a substitute teacher or something. (He could even get a rosary to help control his Devil bringer.)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
MvC3 didn't even have that wide a range of characters, really. There was DMC, Darkstalkers (just merge the demon worlds, they're supposed to be so huge even their rulers don't know the full extent), and most of the rest is just "modern day" - Street Fighter (nothing terribly interesting here, just a bunch of martial artists, notably human badasses), Resident Evil (well, why not zombies? And maybe all those crazy viruses are actually derived from demons! It's present-day otherwise), the wrestler mayor from Final Fight (awesome! But otherwise a kickass human)... and there's also the Bionic guy. I dunno how you'd work that in. And of course, Viewtiful Joe and Amaterasu really stand out...

Rosario+Vampire... man, it's been ages since I read that one. It would be fun to mess around with that. I think the idea I originally had was that the youkai are all demons who followed Sparda in rebelling and moving to the human world. He taught them how to take human form and live with humans... but obviously it's been a long time and many of them have some kind of supremacy going on now. You could even work in that Eva was a witch (an actual species there). I think it makes more sense to make Nero go to school, with Dante as a substitute teacher or something. (He could even get a rosary to help control his Devil bringer.)

It depends on whether or not you define DMC as modern day. DMC3 is modern-day while DMC4 is alternate future where Temen-ni-gru revealed the existance of demons to the world. Thats an interesting can of worms to deal with.

Street fighter or Final fight are easy as they could take place anywhere plus some characters have a supernatural connections. Besides who doesn't like human badasses going up asgainst the unknown? I'm pretty sure you could just add supernatural stuff to final fight as you could say Haggar's daughter was kidnap to be a sacrifice by some gangsters turned demon worshipping cult.

Bionic commando and Megaman are hard to fit since they are sci-fi-ish but you could say that Temen-ni-gru caused world militaries to look at robotics/bionics as a means to fight demons.

Resident evil is harder since it is in a sci-fi world where everything has a scientific explanation.But you could say that Temen-ni-gru was built on the land that became racoon city and Leon and the rest of the cast were survivors of the demon attack. Later on, they all shifted to jobs with the government/ UN that are dedicated to fighting demons.

Dead rising could because the QBee species from darkstalkers had the abilty to infect humans with a virus that turned them into zombies. The DR cvanon states that the zombie plague originated from a insect found in mexico.

Darkstalkers is easy as we are never shown how big the demon world is or what other demons do.

Ana

It depends on whether or not you define DMC as modern day. DMC3 is modern-day while DMC4 is alternate future where Temen-ni-gru revealed the existance of demons to the world. Thats an interesting can of worms to deal with.

Street fighter or Final fight are easy as they could take place anywhere plus some characters have a supernatural connections. Besides who doesn't like human badasses going up asgainst the unknown? I'm pretty sure you could just add supernatural stuff to final fight as you could say Haggar's daughter was kidnap to be a sacrifice by some gangsters turned demon worshipping cult.

Bionic commando and Megaman are hard to fit since they are sci-fi-ish but you could say that Temen-ni-gru caused world militaries to look at robotics/bionics as a means to fight demons.

Resident evil is harder since it is in a sci-fi world where everything has a scientific explanation.But you could say that Temen-ni-gru was built on the land that became racoon city and Leon and the rest of the cast were survivors of the demon attack. Later on, they all shifted to jobs with the government/ UN that are dedicated to fighting demons.

Dead rising could because the QBee species from darkstalkers had the abilty to infect humans with a virus that turned them into zombies. The DR cvanon states that the zombie plague originated from a insect found in mexico.

Darkstalkers is easy as we are never shown how big the demon world is or what other demons do.

I think the biggest thing is to just sort of pretend that things can happen side by side without ever crossing. We don't know that DMC doesn't have zombie viruses. For all we know, maybe they do! Dante just doesn't care about them. For that matter, we don't know that Resident Evil doesn't have demons. Maybe Chris just never runs into any. (And maybe Temen-ni-gru got covered up to hell and back. My impression is that most people in DMC have some awareness of demons, but never actually see any, so it's a kind of "maybe true, maybe not" thing for them.)

You also have to set aside the obvious timetravelers. I mean, Tron Bonne and Zero are both obviously from the future, and centuries apart at that. And that knight guy, Arthur, is from the middle ages. So there's no real need to reconcile that. How did they end up in present day? It's a mystery. *shrug*

Bionic Commando is the one I'm really not sure about, but I guess you just have to fudge some details. It's all going to have to be "broad strokes" anyway.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think the biggest thing is to just sort of pretend that things can happen side by side without ever crossing. We don't know that DMC doesn't have zombie viruses. For all we know, maybe they do! Dante just doesn't care about them. For that matter, we don't know that Resident Evil doesn't have demons. Maybe Chris just never runs into any. (And maybe Temen-ni-gru got covered up to hell and back. My impression is that most people in DMC have some awareness of demons, but never actually see any, so it's a kind of "maybe true, maybe not" thing for them.)

You also have to set aside the obvious timetravelers. I mean, Tron Bonne and Zero are both obviously from the future, and centuries apart at that. And that knight guy, Arthur, is from the middle ages. So there's no real need to reconcile that. How did they end up in present day? It's a mystery. *shrug*

Bionic Commando is the one I'm really not sure about, but I guess you just have to fudge some details. It's all going to have to be "broad strokes" anyway.

i think they now of each other but never interacted. Plus the timeline for RE is different than DMC as RE has confirmed dates and years while DMC is in the moment.

For example, Racoon city happened in 98-99 while 4 happened in 2004. DMC doesn't have that so you could slide the timescale whichever way you want. DMC3 could have happen in 05, and 1 in 2015.

Well to be honest, it is just a fighting game crossover so people werent expecting much. If i ever get to do that DMC tv show with the joint capcom, i'll probably have to figure all this out .

I'm cool with your crossover idea, I just dont feel nero should go be a student. He's too old and has bigger responsibilties than going to school.

I'd just have the principal hire Dante to teach Tsukune how to be a Devil Hunter during the five month gap between Season 1 and 2.

Ana

I'm cool with your crossover idea, I just dont feel nero should go be a student. He's too old and has bigger responsibilties than going to school.

I'd just have the principal hire Dante to teach Tsukune how to be a Devil Hunter during the five month gap between Season 1 and 2.

Isn't Nero 16? That would put him in 10th grade, I think, which in Japan is the first year of high school. I honestly don't think he's responsible for all that much. He's a total lone wolf member of a demon hunting cult that got abolished anyway. It would actually probably be good for him to get out of that lousy town while things settle down a bit...

5 month?! Wait, is this in the anime? 'Cause I only read the manga. Anyway, I always kinda liked Tsukune better when they didn't put so much emphasis on him fighting. It seemed really odd for him to be treated like he should do all the combat when he's got a harem of powerful monster girls to do it for him.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Isn't Nero 16? That would put him in 10th grade, I think, which in Japan is the first year of high school. I honestly don't think he's responsible for all that much. He's a total lone wolf member of a demon hunting cult that got abolished anyway. It would actually probably be good for him to get out of that lousy town while things settle down a bit...

5 month?! Wait, is this in the anime? 'Cause I only read the manga. Anyway, I always kinda liked Tsukune better when they didn't put so much emphasis on him fighting. It seemed really odd for him to be treated like he should do all the combat when he's got a harem of powerful monster girls to do it for him.

His age is up in the air like so many other things. I thought he was between 17-20 but he could be sixteen. Most of that was my own take on the character. I felt that he had a connection to Fortuna and wanted to protect it even after the Order. I dont see him as someone who would just cut and run when things got tough.

Plus I think Dante is less likely to be parental towards Nero as he is not a little kid and old enough to take care of himself. I saw them as colleagues rather than student-teacher, father son.

The manga is the same way. It's ok in the beginning when he is a powerless human. I'm pretty sure Yukari couldnt have taught him magic so he had no means of fighting back. But after he got turned into a ghoul, he has no excuse to let someone else fight his battles for him.

Ana

His age is up in the air like so many other things. I thought he was between 17-20 but he could be sixteen. Most of that was my own take on the character. I felt that he had a connection to Fortuna and wanted to protect it even after the Order. I dont see him as someone who would just cut and run when things got tough.

Plus I think Dante is less likely to be parental towards Nero as he is not a little kid and old enough to take care of himself. I saw them as colleagues rather than student-teacher, father son.

The manga is the same way. It's ok in the beginning when he is a powerless human. I'm pretty sure Yukari couldnt have taught him magic so he had no means of fighting back. But after he got turned into a ghoul, he has no excuse to let someone else fight his battles for him.

...Yeah, 4 kinda fails to really explain Nero's situation or character.

Yukari's magic isn't something a human can learn, to my understanding. I just didn't think turning him into a ghoul was a particularly good idea in the first place, especially since it's so dangerous and barely controlled.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
...Yeah, 4 kinda fails to really explain Nero's situation or character.

Yukari's magic isn't something a human can learn, to my understanding. I just didn't think turning him into a ghoul was a particularly good idea in the first place, especially since it's so dangerous and barely controlled.

moka had no other choice, it was either that or he dies of burn injuries. I felt the main fault was the headmaster as he threw him in a lake without giving a lifesaver or teaching him how to swim. He could have atyleast given Tsukune some means of defending himself.

Ultima

Obsessed Green Day Fangirl ^^
Mmmmm..Fullmetal Alchemist and DMC?? Lol I would die if that would ever happen xD Dante would get the hots for Lust xD Just sayin...

Ana

moka had no other choice, it was either that or he dies of burn injuries. I felt the main fault was the headmaster as he threw him in a lake without giving a lifesaver or teaching him how to swim. He could have atyleast given Tsukune some means of defending himself.

No kidding. Look how well that worked for Hokuto. All hail useless or plain out malevolent authority figures.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
No kidding. Look how well that worked for Hokuto. All hail useless or plain out malevolent authority figures.

The manga works if you ignore the common sense.

So the plan is for tsukune to train under Dante and then for Nero to join the cast for season two.

I think Ao no exorcist would work as well as Bleach.

Top Bottom