• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DMC: All Hell Broken.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Here is an idea, it is based 15 years after Mallet island. It explains what happened to Vergil.

What does everybody think of this idea?

The Characters:

Dante: He looks the same in this as he does from 4.

WE3dante01-thumb.jpg

Vergil: He looks slightly older now. Here is him in DT.

Vergildt.jpg

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, Pg 1: Old memories

Dante entered the huge room; it had a statue of Mundus in the middle and was lit up by some lanterns hanging from the sides of the staircases. It was far too quiet for Dante's liking, for now he was use to hearing loud gunfire that was mainly coming from him. He stopped in his tracks and stayed still, his eyes lit up like a ferocious tiger ready to strike, a crackling sound turned his attention away from the staircase which he needed to move across to advance in his journey if he were to reach Mundus.

The room started to feel colder and Dante could see smoke coming from the window. It continued to seep in until it was literally covering half the room. Dante's eyes couldn't see a thing and he stepped back to get a better look.

That was when the dark figure emerged from out of the smoke; it was that damn Knight guy again. Dante was getting pretty tired of him by now and was ready to finish him off. The Knight glared over at Dante and pulled back his helmet, slowly revealing his spiky platinum hair that shimmered in all the light of the room.

Dante didn't want to make crazy assumptions, but something told him that there was more to this Knight guy than he knew. Still knowing what his true mission was, he was eager to move on.

The Knight seemed to have a mission as well as Dante himself; he was definitely hell-bent on killing Dante. Dante grabbed his guns and jumped back; landing on the banister, he opened fire on the Knight, who responded by blocking the gunfire with his sword.

"Huh. Looks like swordplay is what this guy wants", Dante thought to himself, as he pulled out the Rebellion sword. Nelo Angelo jumped towards Dante knocking him off the banister and onto the freezing hard floor. Dante pushed Nelo back with the combined strength of the Ifrit gauntlet, and unleashed a huge combination of moves on him. Nelo was knocked through the banister and hit the floor with a hard clash from his armour. Dante grabbed the Alastor sword and ran towards where Nelo lay, he pushed his sword to his neck and said, " Who are you, what the hell do you want?”

It appeared that he was going to speak for a second, as Dante let him get on his feet slowly. Instead, he ran at Dante, who slashed Nelo's stomach. Nelo fell backwards and started to sway. Finally when he came to a halt, he said nothing and did nothing it seemed. Then, the sudden push of Nelo being raised off the floor by some force kept Dante back. He watched as the Knight's armour broke into pieces in mid-air. Then all of a sudden, he was gone.

Dante was confused as he stood there silent. Then his mission came back to him, he had to find Mundus. He turned and heard a small object hit the floor, as sharp as his blade, he turned with lightning speed, with his weapons drawn. His instincts had been wrong, he had thought that another enemy had just prowled up on him from behind when he wasn't looking. Still, he didn't let his guard down, he saw what it was that had him so alert and attentive. It was a small red and silver shiny amulet, identical to his. He knelt down and picked it up with great bewilderment, as he examined it, he turned it around with his fingers and searched for a name which he found quickly. He knew now who the Knight was, and he knew that he had killed him, he had killed his only brother. But no emotion spread across his face. It stayed emotionless, and inexpressive.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 2

Dante grasped the amulet tightly in his fingers and pushed it deep into his coat pocket, he put away his guns and pulled out a cigarette.

He started to light it, when he spotted a shadow move past the window in the same direction he was heading. In spite of this, Dante continued to puff away as he left the room. Dante was light heartedly enjoying his cigarette when he noticed he was not alone. A group of twisted Marionettes approached him. Dante halted, "Don’t mind if I reach for something?" he said, as he pulled Ebony out with his right hand. Dante spun swiftly around and pulled out Ivory with his other hand. The Marionettes disadvantage was the fact that they were outstandingly slow, which Dante took full use of by moving around them at walking speed and slashing them to pieces as he did so. The last enemy approached, slow as usual. However, Dante waited and smoked away. Then a blade struck right through his cigarette, cutting it in half. Dante stopped smiling, and raised his right arm. With Ifrit, he set the last Marionette ablaze. The puppet withered, and bits of wood crumbled off of it like dead skin.

"Got wood?" Dante said, laughing at his own wit.

Watching the fire burn calmed Dante. With this feeling he warmed his hands, and heard a loud scream coming from the hallway. Dante held out his Force Edge sword, it was in its true form, and with it cautiously wandered over to where the noise was coming from. He heard Mundus' voice echoed throughout the corridors, and waited for him to stop bellowing. It seemed Dante wanted to catch Mundus when he was in a good mood (not likely).

Before Then.

A man walked up through the castle grounds, pushing his way past some bushes he noticed it was rather quiet. Dante must almost be done by now he assumed. He walked over towards where a few trees stood and reached into his coat. After a short while rummaging around, he pulled out what he was looking for. He raised the binoculars to his face and peered through them with his dark green eyes, glancing around all he could see was empty castle environs.

"Got to get inside, through a window or something" he said, with another glance through his binoculars, he spotted the closest window. The man stopped when he heard gunfire coming from inside the castle. He didn't draw his own weapons, instead he moved to the window and wiped the dampness off from it with his scarred hand. Looking inside, he couldn't see a thing, as smoke was everywhere. He waited to get a better look, and when it came, he saw Vergil suspended in mid-air. He noticed Dante standing and watching in bewilderment. With a clear knowledge of what was happening, the man was about to react, when he saw Dante's reaction to Vergil's amulet. He had no time to waste, he had to save Vergil no matter what the consequence, even if it meant he had to die in the process.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Good, getting strait to the point...but ummmm, if you don't mind me correcting something, even though the novel isn't canon, in the first DMC book, Dante hates cigarattes and cigarette smoke. But if that's what you want, it's your story. 8D

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 3

The man ran past the grubby window and made his way towards the central room, he held a map of the castle, and he knew where to find Mundus. The man checked his coat, "good" he said to himself, as if he were checking he had something. He continued to his goal and smashed his way through a large stain glass window, inside he pulled out his sword, it was long and bore a huge red cross on it. Without fear, he opened the huge white doors and took a step. Mundus was with Vergil, punishing him, without knowing why, the man watched and waited.

Mundus was stronger than Vergil at this time, and he was deciding whether he should kill Vergil, or spare him his life.

"Nelo, because you came here with the intent purpose of killing me, I am not pleased you have failed to do as I have asked you to on several occasions" said Mundus. Vergil knew that Mundus' voice was cold and unforgiving, just like griffon he knew he would suffer the same fate. Surprisingly even during Mundus' vast wraith, he held the hope that Dante would save him.

The man who had been watching could wait no more, he drew his blade and ran towards Vergil, when he stopped he softly glided in front of him and held his blade out. With and grasp of a holy water canister he hurled it at Mundus' feet, Mundus jumped from his chair, enraged he shouted, " How dare you defy me", and the canister dispersed the water all around him.

The man grabbed Vergil from where he was, he seemed confused as he was still hanging his head in part shame and part hope. As the two clambered from the room Mundus had past the holy water, "Nelo, get back here I command you" he bellowed, his voice echoing throughout the stony white room.

"I'm not your slave any more" Vergil said feebly, but he was unsure if Mundus had heard him, in all his rage. Dante who was a hallway away was listening to all the screaming, " Perhaps there are others?" he said, and he moved from his spot, when he reached the white door he burst through it, the room was completely silent as he edged further into it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 4

Toni had Vergil tightly in his grasp, and he wasn't letting him go. He ran out into the castle grounds, and was shot in the chest by a bolt of lightning.

A man landed on the ground in front of Toni. He pulled out his sword and Toni looked up at him with hatred in his eyes.

Toni lay Vergil on the damp grass and pulled out his sword. The man changed into Devil Trigger, and Toni changed into Knight Trigger.

"What’s wrong?" said the man, "Usually when we fight you say something witty".

"Not this time, you’re in my way" said Toni.

"Try and make me move" said the man.

Their swords clashed together, and for a second, Toni was overpowering the man. But then the man raised his gauntlets, and with a blast of wind pushed Toni from where he stood into the castle wall.

"You're weak brother" said the man.

"Keno, why did you leave me?" said Toni.

"Still wanting to know why I behave like this? Brother I fight for evil, unlike you. And I will never change my ways, never" Said Keno.

"Then I will not let you live brother. My blade will be your undoing" said Toni, and he jumped back up from the ground.

"Oh the power I have obtained over the years, I don’t think you have the strength to beat me. Perhaps your friend, but not you" Keno said, with a smirk on his face.

Toni's skewers shot at Keno. Keno jumped back and sliced the skewers in half with his blade. Toni took to the sky and the two struck blades. Toni's knight trigger wore off, and he fell to the ground. Keno flew down and pinned Toni to the ground using his wind gauntlets.

"Now brother, I shall kill you, and your friend" said Keno.

"No" said Toni.

"Even before defeat you still won't admit you have lost. What power do you have brother?" said Keno, and he raised the Yenzo sword.

He struck...

Silverstrike

The Last Knight
Awesome dude.I knew allowing you to use Toni would end up
great.

But i would of put that Toni slips a small firearm out of his coat sleeve before Keno struck

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 5

Vergil's blade hit Keno's knocking it away.

"Uh, you" said Keno.

"Back off brother, you can’t win this fight,” said Toni, as he stood near Vergil.

"Leave it out, this fights just me and Toni" said Keno, "Think you can still take me?" Keno said mockingly.

"You know who my friend is Keno" said Toni.

"No, I don’t know this guy" Keno said pointing at Vergil.

"This is him" Toni lied.

"Dante?" said Keno, the smile faded of his face.

"What's a matter?" said Vergil, walking over to where Keno stood; he looked him in the face.

"Boo" said Vergil, and Keno ran, he ran for the sea not looking back.

"I think we scared him" Toni laughed.

"Man that was your brother, he's nothing to be scared of" Vergil said.

"I hate him, I know what he did all those years ago, he told me the last time we fought" Toni said.

"What happened?" Vergil asked.

"He's only my brother by blood, nothing more" Toni replied.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
In this It only Shows Keno for a bit because he is searching for Toni.

Toni's mum was raped by a demon, so Keno is technically Toni's brother.

.....................................................................................................

Chapter 1, pg 5 continued

With Keno gone, Toni could get on with his task, getting Vergil of the island.

There was a small speedboat positioned on the water, which Toni made his way to, when he reached it he placed Vergil inside, Vergil felt very cold.

"Stay warm" Toni said, giving Vergil his own trench coat.

Then something grabbed Toni's leg and he slipped underneath the water.
He tried reaching the surface but the thing held him back as if drowning him.
He reached into his trouser pocket and pulled out a small blade, the stingblade.

It had been three sargasso's trying to drown him, he flailed around trying to hit the demonic skulls. He cracked one and killed it and the others backed off, Toni swam for air and resurfaced out of the water, clambering onto the small speedboat.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 1, pg 6

15 years later.

Dante was with Vergil in his shop Devil May Cry.

"Business is booming, huh?" said Vergil.

"I haven't had a good fight in ages" replied Dante, jumping onto his chair.

"You should think about the kid man,” Vergil said.

"You can’t just get rid of feelings like fighting the devil prince, brother, trust me,” said Dante.

"Yeah well that was when Mundus had me under his control, I was powerless" said Vergil.

"I guess, so you thought you could take him?" Dante asked.

"I had you a few times though,” Vergil stated.

"When we were younger yeah,” said Dante.

"I could take you now" Vergil said smirking.

"Lets not start that again" Dante said, noticing the same look in Vergil's eyes he had seen a long time ago. Vergil looked away from Dante, "Come on lets do something fun,” he said.

"Like what?" said Dante.

"Something other than waiting around the shop all day" said Vergil.

"I'm waiting for the phone to ring, you know if something crops up, I'm going to want to be where the action is" Dante said.

"Always waiting for it to ring, it's been fifteen years since anything serious, what makes you so sure that today of all days, something will come up?" Vergil asked, he waited for his brother’s response.

"I, well, all right, but just today" Dante said.

"Great, so what shall we do?" said Vergil.

"Well I don’t know, the usual I guess" Dante replied, and he stood up.

"Not the bar Dante, I'm tired of that place" said Vergil.

"Well you think of something"

"I always do the thinking" said Vergil.

"What's that suppose to mean?" Dante said.

Their voices were interrupted as the phone began to ring. Dante smiled and grabbed the phone, "You were saying,” he said to his brother, as if to say that he was always right.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 2, pg 1: Something afoot.

The sky was a deep purple, and the wind blew softly over Dante's more demonic face.

"So what was the call earlier about bro?" Vergil said, approaching Dante from behind.

"Brother, promise me you won't run off again" Dante said, completely ignoring Vergil's question.

"Sure, I'm not leaving, I told you this all before. Please don't keep mentioning it" Vergil said, annoyed.

"I'm sorry brother, I know your staying, I know the story of Toni saving you" said Dante.

"I'm not staying with you just because of what Toni did. When Arkham took the power that I wanted, I knew that he was a greater evil than I" Vergil explained.

"And that's when you realised you wanted to help me again" Dante said.

"Yeah, but I got carried away with the idea of killing Mundus" said Vergil.

"Tell me. Did you go because you sought more power on Mallet island?" Dante questioned.

Vergil looked confused, "I told you, I was good then. I just wanted to get rid of him just like our father once did".

"I just needed to know" Dante said.

"Why, what Is It Dante?" Vergil asked.

"You know that call earlier" said Dante.

"Yeah".

"It wasn't good" said Dante.

"Who was It?" Vergil asked.

"Toni. He said something big is coming up" Dante said.

"That's good though, you did say you want a good fight" Vergil replied.

"This is going to take more than me to sort out. That's why I need to know that your on our side" Dante explained.

"I'm with you" said Vergil.

"Okay, let's go" said Dante, and he turned to look at his shop.

"At least the place didn't get ruined this time" he thought to himself.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 2, pg 2

Dante went inside to pick up his weapons, he made sure he had what he needed, but after passing by a shelf he heard a voice. Dante turned and looked at the shelf, "Uh, I forgot about you guys" he said.

"Master going somewhere?" said Agni.

"Yeah, away from here" said Dante.

"Can we come?" said Rudra

"We promise to be quiet" said Agni.

"Hey guys, you can talk If you want" Dante said.

"Okay" they said together.

He picked the swords up and put them away, he walked over to the door.

"Hey Agni, know any good jokes" Rudra said.

"Man, It's gonna be a long day" Dante said sighing.

Vergil walked to Dante, "Did you say they could talk?" Vergil said pointing at Agni and Rudra.

"Regrettably yes" Dante replied.

"Oh boy, It's gonna be a long day, where the hell Is Toni?" said Vergil.

"Probably In hell" Dante laughed.

"Lets get going" said Agni.

"Okay It's quiet time now" Dante said to Agni and Rudra.

"Lets get going" said Vergil.

"That's what I said" said Agni.

"I said quiet time" Dante said.

"He spoke" said Agni, referring to Vergil.

"Do you want me to bang your heads together again?" Dante said seriously.

"No master" they both replied.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 2, pg 3

"Come on Dante I want to go off and kick some ***" Vergil said impatiently.

"Brother what the hell Is that?" Dante said pointing at a huge red thing heading towards them In the distance.

"Whoa that's big, should we move out of the way?" said Vergil.

"Ah man, It's not going to Is It?..." said Dante, not making himself clear.

"I think I know what you mean" Vergil said as the thing became clear to them as to what it was. It was a huge flaming fire bolt that smashed the very foundation of Dante's shop Devil May Cry.

Bits of wood flew off and pieces flung into Dante and Vergil.

"Oh man that thing Is huge" said Vergil, pointing up at the large flying fire devil that had just destroyed Dante's shop.

Dante who was still pulling something from out of his arm and throwing it on the ground had not seen the Demon appear.

It seemed Vergil saw the demon as quite an interesting challenge, after all It appeared stronger than the weaker demons they had killed over the last couple of years.

Dark blue light came Into view in the distance, as the demon was about to attack or do something the light hit it's back. A smaller winged creature appeared and faced the demon.

"Come on bro, let's leave it to them to battle" Dante said.

"Are you serious?" asked Vergil, looking confused.

"Yes, we have to go" said Dante.

"Well I want to fight to prove my strength" vergil said.

Dante gave his brother one of his ****ed off expressions.

"All right" he said, and the twins left the two other demons alone to fight.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 2, pg 4

With the two demons battling it out in the background Dante and Vergil wandered the lonely streets.

"Oh crap, I forgot. How am I going to explain this to Kyleen?" Dante said.

"I dunno. She knows that sometimes your going to be really busy" Vergil replied.

"I know that, but what about Kain?" said Dante.

"Kyleen's going to have to take care of him for a while" Vergil said.

"But I promised her I'd train him" Dante said, sighing.

"Don't push him Dante, he's only six years old" said Vergil.

"Kyleen's always on about it, and now this. He can't come with us, he doesn't know enough about it yet" Dante explained.

"How much have you taught him?" Vergil asked.

"Well, we tried sword fighting just last week" Dante said.

"That should be enough training for now" Vergil said.

"I guess. Oh look who it is" said Dante, pointing at the bike that had pulled up about fifteen feet away.

"Thought I'd drop by" said Lady, jumping off her bike.

"Hey Lady" Vergil said, checking her out.

"Wipe that drool off your mouth, we've got work Vergil" Lady said.

"Uh, oh" Vergil said blushing.

Lady fluttered her eyelashes, "Guys how could you miss that?" she said, pointing at the two demons battling in the distance.

"We didn't, we're letting them fight it out themselves" said Dante.

But having turned their attention to the demons again, due to Lady's question, they saw the smaller winged demon fall to the ground.

"Aren't we going to help him?" Lady asked.

"I guess we have no choice" Dante replied.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Chapter 2, pg 5

"Oh man, a fight. I cant wait to get my sword bloodied" said Vergil, who was smiling.

"Ew, you say it like it's a good thing" Lady said, grossed out.

"Yeah well, be thankful I'm here to help" Vergil said.

"I'm sorry Vergil" Lady said.

"Can you check on Kyleen and Kain for me Lady?" said Dante.

"Yeah sure" replied Lady.

"Oh, and get me something to eat" said Vergil.

"Like what?" said Lady.

"Surprise me" Vergil said.

"Humans, I hate humans" said the fire devil, who had reached Dante and Vergil.

"Then you're In for a shock" said Dante.

"Sparda twins, I hated Sparda".

"Hey you idiot, that's our father your talking about" said Vergil.

"He was a traitor, every demon hated Sparda" the fire devil claimed.

"Not the humans though" Vergil said.

"Stop talking about humans".

"Hey pal, watch yourself" Dante said, and bolts of lightning hit the fire devils back.

"YOU!!! I thought I killed you" said the demon.

"In future, clarify the kill" said the smaller demon.

"What are you? I don't know you demon".

"My name's Keno, and I fight for the good of the humans" said Keno.

"Another traitor to the demon armies".

"Dante what's going on?" Vergil asked.

"It's happened. The gate has been broken" Dante said, with fear in his voice.

"How? I thought that was impossible?" Vergil said.

"Beats me. But we need all the help we can get, thanks for helping Keno" said Dante.

"No problem Dante, glad to be of use for a change".

Top Bottom