• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Dmc 5 is here. Lets speculate :)

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I thought the same thing in one piece of the promo art, but it's completely gone in other versions of the art where the characters are closer together. The thin, "wand"-like thing appearing to come out from near V's waist was not part of his character model, but just an outstanding piece of metal in the background or something.

VzHky5g.png

Unless the differences in art just managed to crop out the wand, or...is it still there and I'm just blind in my sick-addled, low-sleep mind...?

Either way, that second promo art gives us a much better look at V's design (tattoos, looks like a dagger or scabbard on his left hip).

I think they deliberately removed it. It's definetly not some random piece of metal though.
It would also not be cropped out completely when looking at the art. Maybe it was something we weren't supposed to see yet.

DarkSlayerVergil

I just hope that Nero and V gets more than one melee weapon, the fact that Nero in DMC4 only had the red-queen really irritated me. I'd love if in 5 he could switch melee weapons through a "attachment" mechanic, where he's removes the rev handle off of red-queen and puts it on another blade.

The exceed mechanic would still function the same as DMC4 only difference it'd change depending on what weapon Nero is using. Like I'd imagine since Nero main gimmick is reving I could see him wielding a chainsaw sword where you could rev it in during hits so one hit could do 3 as for his next I'd suggest they give Nero a giant hammer as it could go well with conveying Neros physical strength with it and the exceed could add shock waves to his slam attack.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i'm sticking with the rumor where there's a bare-handed character, and v does look like a monk type.. like seriously a stave? expelliarmus!!!! it's too short and thin and creatively uninteresting piece to work on. i'll go on ahead and agree it's a random metal.

moreover, a punch punch kick kick followed by summoning feels more intense to game on, like having ryu on DMC world

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Everyone thinks staves and wands are uninteresting until the wizard is slinging spells like the thing is a gun. Damn yo, half the magic users in my writing sling spells exactly like that because it's not boring.

You think the guys that made an electric guitar a weapon couldn't do something "cuh-razy" with magic channeling tools?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Everyone thinks staves and wands are uninteresting until the wizard is slinging spells like the thing is a gun. Damn yo, half the magic users in my writing sling spells exactly like that because it's not boring.
Reminds me of the main character of Knights & Magic who using memories of his past life in our world, rebuilds his magic staff into a pair of rifles that fire spells. :tongue:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hope this whole deal of summoning demons to fight for you won't make the V sections too easy btw. I haven't seen anything yet so it's all speculation but it sounds a bit too... safe, as a playstyle.

Devil May Cry kinda has a history of getting progressively easier after DMC3. 4 was definitely easier than its predecessor, DmC was simply a huge cakewalk and 4SE went down even further with the difficulty compared to the original release, with Vergil, Trish and Lady all being capable to breeze through enemies.
Here's hoping this game will benefit from a bit more testing.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I hope this whole deal of summoning demons to fight for you won't make the V sections too easy btw. I haven't seen anything yet so it's all speculation but it sounds a bit too... safe, as a playstyle.

Devil May Cry kinda has a history of getting progressively easier after DMC3. 4 was definitely easier than its predecessor, DmC was simply a huge cakewalk and 4SE went down even further with the difficulty compared to the original release, with Vergil, Trish and Lady all being capable to breeze through enemies.
Here's hoping this game will benefit from a bit more testing.
they could take it like Chaos Legion where you use demons as extension of your power

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
So how do you think Vitale's name is gonna be pronounced?
It's apparently a surname in Italy, so ask someone from there. :tongue:

Anyways, I wouldn't mind the demon summoning mechanic if it worked like in Bayonetta where you can finish enemies off with it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm wondering if his demon summoning affects other parts of gameplay? like puzzles/platforming? or if any of them are gonna be fullfledged characters?

@Lain
I'm guessing it's Vitalay but @Foxtrot94 help a brother out.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Well, difficulty isn't everything. If the greatest point of difficulty in the game is playing Hell or Hell, where you have to avoid getting hit a single time while taking out the smartest, most aggressive enemy waves, there being leeway on a lower difficulty is kind of moot. Similarly, the Style grading isn't everything either. People complained about DmC's but it's a barely-working grading system anyway, all it does is give you greater rewards for remembering you have more than three moves; plus, it stops mattering once you unlock everything anyway. Do you need a video game to tell you you're a good boi? DmC is largely easier in some ways because the enemies have more broadcast, but DMC4(se) still felt right in line with the series difficulty, for the most part. However, DMC4 (and then se) probably feels easier because the gameplay was developed for roughly 20% of the roster, mot of that roster coming way after the enemy development - but think about what they can do by creating enemy waves and gameplay specifically for characters who they know are going to be in any particular situation.

I'd have faith in them being able to make V, and anyone else's scenarios to feel specifically theirs now that they're making them all at the same time, rather than the hodgepodge that DMC4 ended up as. It's possible that V's playstyle isn't all that different from a normal character, and it's just a matter of how summoned demons might even be used. They could end up being just like any kind of weapon, where V plays like Yuna in Dissidia 012 - all the attacks come from demons appearing and doing an action, say, a launcher, but V and the summon have their own hitboxes, and perhaps while you feel like V might be more safe, if his summoned demon is struck, you can't use it for a moment or something. So you could strategically use demons to protect V, or you otherwise have to account for having weapons that can be disabled for a time.

I think what ultimately matters most is that they can solidly divide the levels of skill in the different difficulties, rather than simply "this guy hits a little harder on the next step up." This franchise desperately needs to get away from the elitist, "dis is da hurdest!" mentality so that it can stop being so niche - there's a huge reason why we only got newer installments so much later. There's nothing wrong with the barrier of entry being low enough for anyone to get into it, and to want to have fun, but let Easy be easy, and let Hard feel like you really do need to improve, aaaand probably don't call the easy mode Easy, because people seem to get all uppity about the implication of playing on lower difficulties (case in point, really).

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If game will
I think what ultimately matters most is that they can solidly divide the levels of skill in the different difficulties, rather than simply "this guy hits a little harder on the next step up." This franchise desperately needs to get away from the elitist, "dis is da hurdest!" mentality so that it can stop being so niche - there's a huge reason why we only got newer installments so much later. There's nothing wrong with the barrier of entry being low enough for anyone to get into it, and to want to have fun, but let Easy be easy, and let Hard feel like you really do need to improve, aaaand probably don't call the easy mode Easy, because people seem to get all uppity about the implication of playing on lower difficulties (case in point, really).
Isn't franchise, aside from DMC2 always changed enemies layouts and added tougher enemiey on harder difficulties? Like in DMC1 you only met shadow once if you play on easier setting, etc. I think it's pretty understandable that easy should be easy enough to get into (though I dunno what's wrong with callin easy - easy), but I also think that harder difficulties should give decent challenge and let people work for win, otherwise game will end up at bargain bin sale under one month.

Lani

Apparently on the dmc reddit people are saying in an interview that the official music video for dmc5 has hints to who V is. So far people have found is I have no name.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted

You think the guys that made an electric guitar a weapon couldn't do something "cuh-razy" with magic channeling tools?

it don't matter if a staff can be made as "cool" since it's not cool to begin with (huh, i'm starting a the debate on what's cool and what's not, you guys must've been bored with this) and devil may cry is built on cool, an electric guitar is considered cool for most. nunchaku is cool, two swords are cool, a huge shuriken is cool, huge swords are cool, gauntlets are cool; my fridge is cool

and V's appearance isn't made for staff (from a design perspective), so i'll stick with punch punch kick kick summon summon.. pew pew

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
devil may cry is built on cool

This just reminds me of how much I absolutely hate the Lucifer. Sticking explosive darts into enemies is probably the most boring weapon in the series so far for me, and its look is pretty bleh, too.

But eh, have faith! They tried to make Lucifer look cool, didn't they? I'm sure they could design a cool moveset for generic wizard junk.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
:grumpy:

Ugh. DmC gave me enough nightmares about that kind of input in a non 2D game already. I don't wanna see it ever again in Devil May Cry.
Really, just giving the option to run while locked on would be enough. I'm just arguing that, while handy, it wouldn't be this incredibly big improvement is all.
That was honestly the most comfortable way for me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Vitale using staves could be cool.

Most of the theories in the reddit thread come down to him being Dante/Lady's kid. That leads to the question of where was he during past games.

Top Bottom