• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I know. What I meant was *very* responsive. Some games don't respond quite as well to your input as others. I got the sense that Gears of War and Halo 3 responded quite slowly, but maybe that's just my imagination. I mean input lag, similar to how quickly your TV responds to input from the Xbox 360. Some TVs respond more quickly, too (usually plasmas).
This still has nothing to do with different cultures. Halo and Gears are also have their own mechanics and work in a certain way. One's a FPS and Gears is a cover based 3rd person shooter. If it works in the way that it is intended to perform then that means it's fine and responsive. And if your tv somehow comes in to play then that's your personal problem. Although I've never ran in to an issue such as that and I have 2 tvs in my room who also have supported the same consoles. My ps3 still works perfectly fine on the small cheap tv in the corner as well as my huge VIZIO on my entertainment center.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I totally agree, and I'm shocked nobody on the 'pro DmC side' (getting tired of that cliché, but sadly, it's true, as if nobody likes both games) will even give you a thumbs up. And that statement of 'DMC got stale' is simply an opinion, and if a lot of people feel that way, then try something new, instead of rebooting an entire series, calling it DmC when it really isn't. Mid-combo weapon switching was in DMC4 too, though - just pointing that out.

Most Japanese developers really know how to create excellent, fluid and responsive gameplay, so I wonder what'll happen next.
Glad you see it my way. Yeah I'm kind of shocked too, but at this point it doesn't really come off as a surprise to me anymore. 90% of this site = Pro-DmC. I agree wholeheartedly. DMC still had a lot going for it. It didn't -need- a reboot. Oh yeah, I know it was. When you switch though, your combo resets. Like, example:

Rebellion:
>△ △ -Pause, switch weapon-
>The pause doesn't carry over to Gilgamesh/Lucifer

Thus:
>The combo restarts
>You don't get the kicks with Gilgamesh

See what I mean? Also, ChaserTech, I never acted like aerial combat was new in DmC lol. I was simply saying that there's more emphasis on it. The only thing you could do to keep yourself in the air in DMC3-4 (with Dante) was jump canceling. You don't have to JC to keep yourself in the air in DmC.

Terrutas

See what I mean? Also, ChaserNero, I never acted like aerial combat was new in DmC lol. I was simply saying that there's more emphasis on it. The only thing you could do to keep yourself in the air in DMC3-4 (with Dante) was jump canceling. You don't have to JC to keep yourself in the air in DmC.
I would say that it's not a deeper "emphasis". You basically don't even need to...try. It's pathetically easy.

I'd call it 'dumbing down'.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
. . . No. You don't hold down the Dpad when you change styles in DMC4.
Well whatever. Maybe it was just my habit of keeping my finger on that lock on when I was trying to link sh!t. I haven't played DMC 4 since it first came out. And I then just beat the story once and spent like the rest of my time in Bloody Palace before I tossed it in to a fire later. I only kept DMC 1, 2, 3, and DmC in my collection. Don't know why I still have 2. It's just sitting there.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I would say that it's not a deeper "emphasis". You basically don't even need to...try. It's pathetically easy.

I'd call it 'dumbing down'.
Yeah but the option to jump cancel is still there in DmC. That's why I find it -kind of- pointless to use jump canceling considering you can still keep yourself in the air with bat shyit easy combos lol. Roulette Spin would've been a cool move for Dante to use in DMC4 IMO.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I know, it's just that there's people on this site who do all they can to keep the respect to themselves and everyone who likes DmC, even though they know the 'DMC side' has valid points. I thumbs up people sometimes even when I don't agree with them, because I understand where they're coming from and respect that. I don't know, maybe that's just my way of looking at things. I'm glad there's people who like both and don't want to take the role of defender or attacker :)
I think all the titles have good and bad points, but :'( I just don't like it when people use a game as a means to throw insults, as if it isn't about video games, but just a personal attack at someone for something they like.

I'll admit I've snapped in the past when people got aggressive to me, or said something that really rubbed me the wrong way [more near DmC's release and I was getting anon's on tumblr as well, some really disturbing stuff.] and I couldn't stand it. That or I'd get just those few people back when on the net who I'd try to play it passive to and they'd keep throwing insults regardless.

One the thing I've learned from all that is it doesn't resolve anything getting angry, and there's no point debating by posting pages of replies to someone if they don't want to talk to you like a person. So it's nice that there's people on this forum that want to do that. ^^

I'm a tough Acorn when I need to be, but inside my heart is squishy and I'd rather get along with someone rather than sharpen my pickaxe ;_;

Terrutas

Yeah but the option to jump cancel is still there in DmC. Roulette Spin would've been a cool moveodor Dante to use in DMC4 IMO.
So? You don't really need to JC to stay in the air at all. It was just shoved in there so that the original fans wouldn't bitch about it not being there. Which mind you, we probably would. :p

It's pretty pointless to JC if you're trying to stay in there air. If you want to cancel attacks in the air thats a different story. But why in the world does it lock your enemy along with you? That doesn't happen in any of the other games.

So they managed to even dumb down that basic mechanic.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I think all the titles have good and bad points, but :'( I just don't like it when people use a game as a means to throw insults, as if it isn't about video games, but just a personal attack at someone for something they like.

I'll admit I've snapped in the past when people got aggressive to me, or said something that really rubbed me the wrong way [more near DmC's release and I was getting anon's on tumblr as well, some really disturbing stuff.] and I couldn't stand it. That or I'd get just those few people back when on the net who I'd try to play it passive to and they'd keep throwing insults regardless.

One the thing I've learned from all that is it doesn't resolve anything getting angry, and there's no point debating by posting pages of replies to someone if they don't want to talk to you like a person. So it's nice that there's people on this forum that want to do that. ^^

I'm a tough Acorn when I need to be, but inside my heart is squishy and I'd rather get along with someone than sharpen my sharpen my pickaxe ;_;
When you grow up do you want to be a tree? Acorn becomes tree. Acorn becomes tree. Acorn, tree.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
So? You don't really need to JC to stay in the air at all. It was just shoved in there so that the original fans wouldn't bitch about it not being there. Which mind you, we probably would. :p

It's pretty pointless to JC if you're trying to stay in there air. If you want to cancel attacks in the air thats a different story. But why in the world does it lock your enemy along with you? That doesn't happen in any of the other games.

So they managed to even dumb down that basic mechanic.
Hey reply to my edited post. :p

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
This still has nothing to do with different cultures. Halo and Gears are also have their own mechanics and work in a certain way. One's a FPS and Gears is a cover based 3rd person shooter. If it works in the way that it is intended to perform then that means it's fine and responsive. And if your tv somehow comes in to play then that's your personal problem. Although I've never ran in to an issue such as that and I have 2 tvs in my room who also have supported the same consoles. My ps3 still works perfectly fine on the small cheap tv in the corner as well as my huge VIZIO on my entertainment center.

Did you read what I said? I said MORE responsive, not just responsive. Man, no need to be such a downer. And of course you wouldn't run into input lag. You'd only notice it if you were playing on two TVs at the same time, which is pretty much impossible. Have you seen that sticker of '2 ms response time' and such? That's what I mean. I needed to switch from normal viewing to 'game mode' on my Samsung TV, because games didn't respond instantly to my input. Now they do. And if you must know, the new consoles have a fast response time on older TVs, by which I mean CRT TVs, so if that's the kind of TV you've got, it's no wonder you don't notice input lag.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't really have an opinion. If DmC 2 comes out, great. If it doesn't, I could care less. I'm not really into either series anymore, so all I can do at this point is wish both NT and Capcom luck on their respective projects.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think ... my pickaxe ;_;

Yeah, I know what you mean. I've come across many cases where people just couldn't accept any argument from my part. Every single time they'd respond, eventually devolving into ''no it's not'' and ''that's crap'', without explaining why they think that. There was even one time when somebody said my comment was useless - in a thread in which we were speculating on Nero's origins, no less. Speculating! And he called it useless because it was speculation. Those types of things really **** me off, even now, and I still can't keep quiet whenever that gets pulled on me. Nor would I want to.

Still, I'm glad there's people like you to keep things on track and in check and all that. Besides, we're all the same in the sense that we all like Devil May Cry, and came here from having grown up with those games. It's so... beautiful... *starts sobbing uncontrollably* :troll:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Never played any other capcom game:|

The gentleman above you is referring to the fact that the previous DMC series' storyline was left unfinished.

They'll stop crying when DMC5 comes out.

I just want it released so that I don't have to put up with this anymore.

And I shouldn't have to either, not to just to be on a forum.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Capcom really need to have a serious think and pull their finger out of their butt. Either they continue with DmC or they make DMC5, or make both games, or they stop all of them. I just want a definate answer from them instead of making excuses for the choices they made, not just about DmC, but other games as well.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I sure hope DMC5 will be released. I don't care about DmC; they can do whatever they want with it as long as it doesn't replace the old DMC, because I think that's unacceptable, cowardly, and yes, even unnecessary. As opposed to Unknown, I want DMC5 released so I don't have to put up with the idea that the only Devil May Cry I could play is a derivative that is not actually DMC but merely resembles it. That, or just stop making both and start afresh. It's not like we need DMC to survive, anyway. Just end the DMC series, and we'll see what happens from there.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I sure hope DMC5 will be released. I don't care about DmC; they can do whatever they want with it as long as it doesn't replace the old DMC, because I think that's unacceptable, cowardly, and yes, even unnecessary. As opposed to Unknown, I want DMC5 released so I don't have to put up with the idea that the only Devil May Cry I could play is a derivative that is not actually DMC but merely resembles it. That, or just stop making both and start afresh. It's not like we need DMC to survive, anyway.
I'd like DMC5 and DmC, but in the end, I'll have to go with whatever Capcom decides.

Capcom have made this decision to reboot, and even though sales were bad, I'm wondering if they will continue it just to save face? They put a lot of faith in it paying off, and it hasn't, but I'm not sure if they will give up on it so quickly. They might make one more game and then go back to DMC5 or just stop it all.

Go to say, if they start afresh, what would they do? I really hope it doesn't mean Capcom making a reboot of a reboot. That would be plain silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom