• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
NT not doing anymore DmC?
scott_pilgrim.gif

Now I won't have a cool story or cool environments anymore. great...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
If you want me to be honest, I think DmC2 being made by Capcom would probably be the game's only chance of survival, more so after the response of the last few years. So long as some of Ninja Theory pitched in and helped [exactly like what Loopy said above] so it escaped the fate of being another DMC4, then I probably would be okay.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
If you want me to be honest, I think DmC2 being made by Capcom would probably be the game's only chance of survival, more so after the response of the last few years. So long as some of Ninja Theory pitched in and helped [exactly like what Loopy said above] so it escaped the fate of being another DMC4, then I probably would be okay.
I just don't see the point in hiring NT to give their creativity if Capcom are just going to turn around and take the game back and basically 'Japaneseify' the game again. It's like going backwards from what their intentions were for the reboot.
However if Capcom want to create the combat, make the character models and environments based on NT designs I'd be happy with that.
Also, they should keep the same quality of motion capture. That was something else I really liked with DmC. Subtle character movements that could show so much about their emotional state or what they could be thinking.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Im not really worried about the sequel. Im pretty sure it's gonna be good. I mean, it's back in the hands of its real developers, the same people who gave us DMC1 and DMC3, so we can expect another killer game in the future. I am just sad that we wont get to see what happens to "Donte".

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
DEVIL MAY CRY 5?!

YES YES YES!!! Now they'll really be getting their shyit together. This makes me so happy. *cries tears of joy* ...Get yourself together, man. Devils never cry. But anyway, yeah, I do think it's sad that DmC won't continue, but think of how fans felt when DMC was rebooted. Always living in constant fear whether their favorite game series was going to continue or not. I know I was. I really didn't think there'd be a DMC5, but after hearing this, some light has been shed. DmC was nice and it did do a lot right (art direction, cool morphing environments, mid-combo weapon switching without resets, stronger emphasis on aerial combat and narrative, etc.) but at the same time it was far from perfect and had its fair share of flaws (balance issues, brain dead AI, exploitable gameplay, overpowered DT, no challenge provided, uncharming characters, the list goes on).

Capcom, don't screw this up. When you do DMC5, make it everything DMC1 and DMC3 was. Return to 1's atmosphere and 3's badassery, and expand upon 4's CUHRAYZEE gameplay formula. That would surely be the perfect DMC.

Like I said though, they need to try out what works. Rebooting DMC obviously did not work. They lost a lot of fans and successfully split an entire fan base. We don't need that. And besides, DMC was already established. We should be building upon what we already have, regardless if it's gotten "stale" or not. Not abandoning it. I'm happy they're finally starting to realize that now. DMC returning to Japanese development can only mean good things. Good luck...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Im not really worried about the sequel. Im pretty sure it's gonna be good. I mean, it's back in the hands of its real developers, the same people who gave us DMC1 and DMC3, so we can expect another killer game in the future. I am just sad that we wont get to see what happens to "Donte".
So long as they avoid it being like DCM2 and DMC4. I really hope they don't make it into that.

Terrutas

DEVIL MAY CRY 5?!

YES YES YES!!! Now they'll really be getting their shyit together. This makes me so happy. *cries tears of joy* ...Get yourself together, man. Devils never cry. But anyway, yeah I do think it's sad that DmC won't continue, but think of how fans felt when DMC was rebooted. Always living in constant fear whether their favorite game series was going to continue or not. I know I was. I really didn't think there'd be a DMC5, but after hearing this, some light has been shed. DmC was nice and it did do a lot right but at the same time it was far from perfect and had its fair share of flaws.

Capcom, don't screw this up. When you do DMC5, make it everything DMC1 and DMC3 was. Return to 1's atmosphere and 3's badassery, and expand upon 4's CUHRAYZEE gameplay formula. That would surely be the perfect DMC.

Like I said though, they need to try out what works. Rebooting DMC obviously did not work. They lost a lot of fans and successfully split an entire fan base. We don't need that. And besides, DMC was already established. We should be building upon what we already have, regardless if it's gotten "stale" or not. Not abandoning it. I'm happy they're finally starting to realize that now. DMC returning to Japanese development can only mean good things. Good luck...
You're getting your hopes up.

Knowing Capcom, they want money but they don't really like it. So they kill their famous IPs and make DLC. Because that's good business practice.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
You're getting your hopes up.

Knowing Capcom, they want money but they don't really like it. So they kill their famous IPs and make DLC. Because that's good business practice.
And it's wrong to be hopeful? I mean, if they're returning to Japanese development teams, DMC5 seems possible.

I know Capcom doesn't give two shyits about their fans but they want money, and surely a DMC5 would sell like hot cakes, especially after its long hiatus.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Never said it's wrong mate.

Just saying, knowing Capcom you'll very likely be disappointed and sad. and I wouldn't want to see you sad. :<
Hey I edited my post lol. Read it. :3

Yeah... Capcom knows how to disappoint and awww! You're sweet. <3

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
DEVIL MAY CRY 5?!

Time for a party!

View attachment 579

Nah, it's incredibly unlikely that an actual DMC5 will come of this, and I'm dubious of development of future DmC content going to Japan. I'm mostly concerned with how they had to push Itsuno onto the project already, and if he has to work on both new DmC content and Deep Down simultaneously it might dilute both projects. If they take a risk on new talent who understand the franchise well, then I'll be a little more confident.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
"H..Hey guys! You want a new Megaman game?! Here it comes! Just a tiny bit more! HAHAHA **** YOU."
LMAO YEP.

Just throwing this out there, although DMC has been rebooted, it's still getting better treatment than Megaman. They could be shyitting all over DMC (DmC :troll:) but they're still doing something with it y'know?

DMC getting a reboot made me sad. DMC5 being a bluff would make the devil cry... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom