• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I said it before, and I'll say it again. This forum is slowly degrading itself...

Only because people like you make it hell for everyone else.

I'm not saying this with any anger. I think those that are against this game really are making things hard for the DmC supporters. And then you say that it's our fault. In my opinion, I think you're dodging the blame.

Ters

It's pretty asinine to assume that paid reviews don't happen ever post-Gertsmann. Review sites make tons of revenue off of ads and the benefits of advance copies; it's naturally in their best interest to maintain good relations with the big companies

That and the fact that you can hardly find a single review that doesn't open right up with insults makes it hard to believe that it wasn't getting its numbers bumped up just to "stick it to the entitled haters" (`~`) Not that it saved the game from sinking on a Titanic scale. huhuhu

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I said it before, and I'll say it again: This forum is slowly degrading itself...

What, because people actually like the game? Because there aren't people just saying bad things about Ninja Theory. Because there are people willing to defend a game which they like?

Tell me, if I were to hate on my favourite game of all time DMC3, on the DMC3 sub forum, would you defend it? Would you criticise me with all you had?

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Only because people like you make it hell for everyone else.

I'm not saying this with any anger. I think those that are against this game really are making things hard for the DmC supporters. And then you say that it's our fault. In my opinion, I think you're dodging the blame.
lol I'm making it hell? I've been here four years longer than you, kid.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
The haters poisoned his mind, I guess? Maybe he just didn't like the game and felt the need to rage against it with all his might.

You mean peer pressure? Could be. Judging by his sig I can tell he doesn't like it that much.

Also, his avatar and sig is straight up uncanny valley. I HATE fan models of characters. Even the DmC ones which were ripped straight from the engine are just REALLY BAD.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
Wait, aren't you the guy who cosplayed as Dante defending DmC?

What made you change your mind then?
I am him, yes.

I didn't change my mind. I like DmC and I'm willing to admit its flaws but I don't like how people here are making it seem like DMC is no longer relevant just because a reboot is taking its place.

I supported Tameem but that was when I was a blind sheep. I was stupid to disregard all the bad PR and the insults ("Dante IS, Dante ISN'T", "Skeptics secretly want to like DmC", etc). But now everything's clear.

I'm just saying, if I didn't like DmC, why would I do five playthroughs of it? (Check my PSN trophies if you don't believe me.) This is MY opinion: DMC >>>> DmC.

Also, I thought DmC deserved a fighting chance. Obviously the game wasn't out then, so I didn't have a full opinion on it. Now it's on my shelf, and I have a more developed view. To me, it falls short of DMC1 and DMC3.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I am him, yes.
I didn't change my mind. I like DmC and I'm willing to admit its flaws but I don't like how people here are making it seem like DMC is no longer relevant just because a reboot is taking its place.

No one's saying that. In fact, everyone's prepared for DMC5 to be developed because of bad DmC sales.

Ters

Ok fine. DmC failed both "critically" and commercially. Now that you're getting DMC5, what's the point of complaining and insulting others now?

We can't really be certain of DMC5 when there's a reasonably high chance that DmC is responsible for ruining everything (`~`)/

That said, the constant death spiral of this game is hilarious to watch unfold. I thought the train wreck had stopped smoking for a while, before the one two punch of NT's presentation getting torn apart by Japan and Capcom slashing its expectations again on top of announcing no more outsourcing

AlchemistFromEden

You mean peer pressure? Could be. Judging by his sig I can tell he doesn't like it that much.

Also, his avatar and sig is straight up uncanny valley. I HATE fan models of characters. Even the DmC ones which were ripped straight from the engine are just REALLY BAD.
i actually laugh when people who suck at making character models do things like that stupid sig, because i imagine the developers looking and going like, "he's never gonna get paid for anything involving this ever"

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I am him, yes.

I supported Tameem but that was when I was a blind sheep. I was stupid to disregard all the bad PR.

Like I said, DMC3 is THE action game and I love DMC4, all satire aside. There are some people who like to think that the old DMC is dead but it will always be THE stylish action series, irrespective of how many reboots it gets.

And I agree, some things Tameem said, I would've worded differently. I would've been more straight up with the fans in saying "THIS IS A REBOOT. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OLD DMC. WE'RE JUST TAKING THE NAME AND DOING OUR OWN THING WITH IT. IT IS NOT MEANT TO KILL THE OLD DMC," which is what he tried to say but stumbled upon.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm just saying, if I didn't like DmC, why would I do five playthroughs of it? This is MY opinion: DMC >>>> DmC.
And you're entitled to like one more than the other. However, treating other people badly on a forum isn't a requisite to liking the original DMC series.

You must be trolling.

Now THAT'S an objective opinion! You're so informative. :)

Once again, it's how people present their opinion that causes negative reactions. You're free to like whatever you want.

Edit:

We can't really be certain of DMC5 when there's a reasonably high chance that DmC is responsible for ruining everything (`~`)/

That said, the constant death spiral of this game is hilarious to watch unfold. I thought the train wreck had stopped smoking for a while, before the one two punch of NT's presentation getting torn apart by Japan and Capcom slashing its expectations again on top of announcing no more outsourcing

Ok fine. Like I said, it's over now. However, now you're accusing DmC of "ruining everything"? Do you actively look for reasons to hate this game?

It's not as if you'll never see DMC5. You'll just have to wait longer for it. Calm down.

Ters

Calm down? :3c You and nightrunner are the ones who've been throwing angry fits

forum drama is mostly just comedy in my eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom