• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

DmC 2 might not be from NT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I also found it funny when people threw angry fits when the sex scene came out. "WHAT HAS NT DONE TO DMC AHHHH!"
I'm sure they were serectly aroused by that scene:troll:
I thought it was hilarious, but it was also a creative character development device. There are many ways to show evil, you can erect ( :troll: ) a giant tower in the middle of the city, reanimate a statue to kill everyone...
I guess you could read stuff into it. He's doing like a chore because 'I want's babies!' and she's putting up with it to get his respect by having his kid. Then she gets all annoyed that he stops, and more annoyed that he stops to talk about the succubus. Jealous much, Lilith?:p And Mundus is all 'my succubus is dead' acting like his favourite pet dog has died. Oh, and it sets up that he has that creepy sixth sense thing for when Lilith gets shot along with his mutant baby.

or you can show the antagonist having absolutely disgusting sex with Pete Burns from DOA.
:lol:Nice one! Does look like Pete's long lost sister....

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I am him, yes.

I didn't change my mind. I like DmC and I'm willing to admit its flaws but I don't like how people here are making it seem like DMC is no longer relevant just because a reboot is taking its place.

I supported Tameem but that was when I was a blind sheep. I was stupid to disregard all the bad PR and the insults ("Dante IS, Dante ISN'T", "Skeptics secretly want to like DmC", etc). But now everything's clear.

I'm just saying, if I didn't like DmC, why would I do five playthroughs of it? (Check my PSN trophies if you don't believe me.) This is MY opinion: DMC >>>> DmC.

Also, I thought DmC deserved a fighting chance. Obviously the game wasn't out then, so I didn't have a full opinion on it. Now it's on my shelf, and I have a more developed view. To me, it falls short of DMC1 and DMC3.
I enjoy DmC but, there are things about DMC 1 and 3 I like better. I like DMC 3 for its difficulty. It's overall more challenging than DmC. My personal favorite is still DMC 1 though mainly because of nostalgic heartstrings. I still think it's fun to play and that game also had my favorite version of Dante. It holds a number one spot in my heart because it's the one that started it all and I just really didn't care for the things they did to the characters as the sequels rolled around.

My favorite things about DmC though are the controls, combat mechanics, and level design. The visuals in DmC are some of the most impressive visuals I've seen in a video game in a while. I love Limbo and all the possessed architecture that morphs around you in real time is an impressive feat that does make for the best looking and most unique Devil May Cry yet. The colors in stuff like the nightclub level can be pretty harsh but I like how everything really pops off the screen. It doesn't all just blend together like the fire and brimstone gothic pallet of the older games.

I'm also glad the style system is gone this time around. I've never been a big fan of it because I really want to be able to access anything when I want without having to be restricted to these certain set of moves at a time. Sure DMC 4 had on the fly switching but it's still having that minor restriction while DmC incorporated a combat system with tons of variety (just see some amazing combo vids, there IS a lot of depth in this combo system) without having this style system that has always been more forced than anything. The controls aren't so convoluted and this isn't a bad thing. It just feels more comfortable.

Whatever version of Devil May Cry we see next it really should stick and expand upon the DmC playstyle from here on out. It's a very encouraging and great foundation on how to evolve.

While DmC is undeniably flawed, it is also severely underrated by a fanatical side that are against this game in spite more than anything. DMC is also very undeniably flawed. However DmC is one of the better games in the series and for a new direction it was a first outing that came out as strong as it could without being a carbon copy of the original and I can't hate it. I was at one point skeptical. I was wondering why the hell Dante looked like a junkie in that 2010 trailer but I wasn't ready to condemn it. Gave it a fair shot, had a lot of fun playing it. DMC 1 and 3 still have better aspects but DmC shines in its own right too. It does get more hate than its deserved at the end of the day.

Out of all the moves Capcom has made recently, DmC wasn't a bad move. A shame it didn't do well enough in sales because this really kind of discourages creative privileges taken with entertainment properties the gaming industry so desperately needs this day and age considering how much of the same bs we see all the time. And it WASN'T terrible. It's above average.

Resident Evil 6 and what they're doing to my poor MegaMan are terrible moves on Capcom's part. I miss MegaMan so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much. Screw you Capcom. MegaMan where are you? :'(

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
I enjoy DmC but, there are things about DMC 1 and 3 I like better. I like DMC 3 for its difficulty. It's overall more challenging than DmC. My personal favorite is still DMC 1 though mainly because of nostalgic heartstrings. I still think it's fun to play and that game also had my favorite version of Dante. It holds a number one spot in my heart because it's the one that started it all and I just really didn't care for the things they did to the characters as the sequels rolled around.

My favorite things about DmC though are the controls, combat mechanics, and level design. The visuals in DmC are some of the most impressive visuals I've seen in a video game in a while. I love Limbo and all the possessed architecture that morphs around you in real time is an impressive feat that does make for the best looking and most unique Devil May Cry yet. The colors in stuff like the nightclub level can be pretty harsh but I like how everything really pops off the screen. It doesn't all just blend together like the fire and brimstone gothic pallet of the older games.

I'm also glad the style system is gone this time around. I've never been a big fan of it because I really want to be able to access anything when I want without having to be restricted to these certain set of moves at a time. Sure DMC 4 had on the fly switching but it's still having that minor restriction while DmC incorporated a combat system with tons of variety (just see some amazing combo vids, there IS a lot of depth in this combo system) without having this style system that has always been more forced than anything. The controls aren't so convoluted and this isn't a bad thing. It just feels more comfortable.

Whatever version of Devil May Cry we see next it really should stick and expand upon the DmC playstyle from here on out. It's a very encouraging and great foundation on how to evolve.

While DmC is undeniably flawed, it is also severely underrated by a fanatical side that are against this game in spite more than anything. DMC is also very undeniably flawed. However DmC is one of the better games in the series and for a new direction it was a first outing that came out as strong as it could without being a carbon copy of the original and I can't hate it. I was at one point skeptical. I was wondering why the hell Dante looked like a junkie in that 2010 trailer but I wasn't ready to condemn it. Gave it a fair shot, had a lot of fun playing it. DMC 1 and 3 still have better aspects but DmC shines in its own right too. It does get more hate than its deserved at the end of the day.

Out of all the moves Capcom has made recently, DmC wasn't a bad move. A shame it didn't do well enough in sales because this really kind of discourages creative privileges taken with entertainment properties the gaming industry so desperately needs this day and age considering how much of the same bs we see all the time. And it WASN'T terrible. It's above average.

Resident Evil 6 and what they're doing to my poor MegaMan are terrible moves on Capcom's part. I miss MegaMan so so so so so so so so so so so so so so much. Screw you Capcom. MegaMan where are you? :'(
I can give no **** on Capcom hearing about their mistakes here in the DMC community forums. That Street Fighter x MegaMan game is promising though! And I could not even beat Akuma! And NO; Capcom did not hog all the credit on it. Please take a look at the credits after finishing it; Sonic got credited! He was also interviewed about his game by CapcomUnity members. It may not be much, but some of Capcom's members actually cared for the blue bomber. And MegaMan was the reason why my most fav color is blue! Look on the bright side; at least there are still those in Capcom who do care for Megaman... That cellphone social game may have been wank, yet a starter for them, but SFxMM is a better starter for them. And I really loved to imagine the Blue Bomber doing iconic Street Fighter moves, like Chun-Li's Lightning Kicks or Ryu's Hadouken! Sonic really worked hard on this. It was a fan-game at first, but Capcom decided to make it an official game under their publication. You should know Sonic is a super-fan of theirs.
Despite me saying this, I'm am not with Capcom. I can understand your plight about MegaMan forgotten (yet I hardly doubt they have abandoned him as proven with SFxMM; rather pick this over SFxTekken anyday! It's a better crossover!). But the answer is in the future and we cannot predict that; we're no fortune tellers, you know?

Now back to the series this forum is all about:
I also have felt both strength and weakness in BOTH DMC universes, every game that is, including DmC and DMC2. DmC is indeed underrated but DMC2 can just go in the trash heap for all I care (I'd rather pick an angsty dirty-mouthed teenager over a mid-aged veteran hunter who hardly is a wisecrack flipping a stupid coin consisting only of two heads)! DmC's AI could've been made better; it could have more puzzles too; it could have moving environments while you fight demons; and the list goes on about what NT should've added if DmC2 were to be made! At least, by making DmC, it's a great starter for them. Not as good as the old ones (1-4 not including 2), but just good. So let's see what NT can come up with, eh? Because I do agree with you that what Capcom is doing with DmC was not a bad move at all even though it is poor in sales. Sales don't make a game good; it's how you play it yourself so you can determine if it is good or not.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Hey Cherry, I get the feeling that... Unknown might be a Ninja Theory prostitute! :troll:

Not exactly doing yourself any favours with the personal blatant insults...
$10 says Noghtrunner ( :troll: ) doesn't even know why the name "Donte" was made in the first place.

>"Dont"e
>Keyword: Don't
>Implying the character shouldn't have been made
>"Dunte" is a variation of "Donte"

And that isn't a valid complaint? In her opinion, Dante shouldn't have been f*cked with. The DMC series, AND HIM, should've been left alone. But apparently she's being an immature asshole. Why? Because you don't agree with her. Just f*ck off man. You call us the idiots yet people like you don't know difference of opinion, which is VERY important on a forum board. Btw, misspelling Uncle Dante would just come off as immature and meaningless because he was here first before Donte. Nice try, kid.
No you **** off. Dante in DMC1 was a cool, arrogant, but never a show off who danced around with a rose in his mouth. In my opinion, Dante shouldn't have been ****** with. But apparently, I'm being an immature asshole. Why? Because you don't agree with me? You call me idiot yet people like you don't know the difference of opinion.

Warning added to you both for the continuing insults & flaming & thread closed because it yet again makes a lot of you look bad.

Can you guys please stop arguing? I don't think I can feel any more sorry for the mods.

Start of a 10 hour shift at work & im reading all this at 6.30am onwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom