• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did they fix anything from vanilla?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
So now please explain me, how optional fight with bosses in DMC4 with dice game considered "time-draging", but obligatory fight with all bosses in DMC3 doesn't?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I remember in the third game you only needed to fight 3 bosses to get to the next area, but if you did fight them all again you got a blue orb for it.

Yeah you just needed to fight the bosses represented by the gems on the wall to form a full circle. It was actually a cool concept, I liked it. Obviously you could choose the bosses you wanted to form the full circle, but I remember I always made sure to include Cerberus and Hell Vanguard cause they were the ones I sucked at the least LOL

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So now please explain me, how optional fight with bosses in DMC4 with dice game considered "time-draging", but obligatory fight with all bosses in DMC3 doesn't?

Random bosses come out of nowhere after I JUST got through with a boss from the previous mission. That's annoying.

Judge

Yeah you just needed to fight the bosses represented by the gems on the wall to form a full circle. It was actually a cool concept, I liked it. Obviously you could choose the bosses you wanted to form the full circle, but I remember I always made sure to include Cerberus and Hell Vanguard cause they were the ones I sucked at the least LOL

I really liked that section a lot as well. Excellent level design with how the room was inverted and white.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Dude I JUST got through with the dice game of DMC4 and The fire boss just came at me on the fly, randomly.
I redone game multiple times and all bosses are pre scripted to their respective places / floors + you can avoid them all with a little patience.

DragonMaster2010

I redone game multiple times and all bosses are pre scripted to their respective places / floors + you can avoid them all with a little patience.

Again; I JUST got back from playing it, and comes at me out of nowhere. A good 12 minutes ago this JUST happened.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

DragonMaster2010

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!

Oh okay, that's normal then. I personally never got Belial as a boss but I did get Bael 3 times when I first played through DMD. I agree that allowing bosses to spawn on red tiles on higher difficulties was a pretty stupid decision but I don't know whether that changed in SE. I only heard that there was some sort of a "fix" to the dice game. No details though.

Judge

Oh okay, that's normal then. I personally never got Belial as a boss but I did get Bael 3 times when I first played through DMD. I agree that allowing bosses to spawn on red tiles on higher difficulties was a pretty stupid decision but I don't know whether that changed in SE. I only heard that there was some sort of a "fix" to the dice game. No details though.

Well I sortof hope they don't change things like that.

The point of what certain fans were arguing about was making DmC easier than previous games. Now whether thats true or not is besides the point. How could Capcom tone down the difficuilty of previous games when difficulty was something criticised in DmC.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
Well I sortof hope they don't change things like that.

The point of what certain fans were arguing about was making DmC easier than previous games. Now whether thats true or not is besides the point. How could Capcom tone down the difficuilty of previous games when difficulty was something criticised in DmC.

The problem is that if you don't know the way to make the dice roll what you want, the dice game is either pathetically easy and will just give you orbs or it's the hardest part of the game.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I dislike the dice game. Not because it was hard or easy. It literally stop the action. I abused the crap out of it to get orbs, but I just wanted to get it over with. For someone who's a rebel without a cause, Nero sure does play by the rules.
This isn't anything new to the series tho. Look at DMC3 with those lining of light beams.

Wajpa

Also Viper339 on Twitch!
This isn't anything new to the series tho. Look at DMC3 with those lining of light beams.

Yes but you didn't have a really annoying mini-game before you could get to fighting bosses. In my opinion, when you actually got to fighting bosses in both DMC3 and DMC4 on these "boss rush" type of missions, it was pretty fun. It was the dice game which slowed the game down.

Top Bottom