• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did they fix anything from vanilla?

Goldsickle

Interesting, you got a source?
I'll let this screencap rephrase what I said:
Q8PkTHW.jpg

You can see that on this video.

As for the whole dice thing, I never had a problem with it.
And I don't even consider myself a "good" DMC player to begin.
It was all about timing properly to get the number you want and I rarely ever mess up and ended up on the Red circles.

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
Th
I'll let this screencap rephrase what I said:
Q8PkTHW.jpg

You can see that on this video.

As for the whole dice thing, I never had a problem with it.
And I don't even consider myself a "good" DMC player to begin.
It was all about timing properly to get the number you want and I rarely ever mess up and ended up on the Red circles.

That was already in the original. And it means that some enemies get stronger, and/or more aggresive, moves around more when you taunt them. If you taunt a scarecrow for an example, they laugh sometimes :)

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Actually I also don't get problem with dice. With a little attention and timing you can skip most of them

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well yay for you all for having such ease with it. I just felt it was unnecessary to the rest of the game in an attempt to try and lengthen it.

Judge

I didn't like the way the boss battles were done either. A few of them were good like Agnus and Dante but the other ones had some serious problems. The dice game was boring, but so was gryos game with Nero's arm, so was puzzle of Mittis forest, some of the platforming sections were especially bad. Even the missions in general were at times tedious affairs.

Will they fix anything like that? No. Why? Because those things arn't inherent problems with the game, they are design choices the developers made. Capcom arn't here to redo their design choices. These things weren't inherently broken; they were unenjoyable.

Capcom arn't here to remake DMC4, a game they finished in 2007. Its like someone else said. This game is like DLC content that should've been released at the time. If they when in to redo everything, it would be a remake, not a special edition. The budget they spend on that could be spent on other projects.

Thats not what this is about. Its about giving the fans extra content, not remaking a game that they felt was sufficent back in 2007/8.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
I didn't like the way the boss battles were done either. A few of them were good like Agnus and Dante but the other ones had some serious problems. The dice game was boring, but so was gryos game with Nero's arm, so was puzzle of Mittis forest, some of the platforming sections were especially bad. Even the missions in general were at times tedious affairs.

Will they fix anything like that? No. Why? Because those things arn't inherent problems with the game, they are design choices the developers made. Capcom arn't here to redo their design choices. These things weren't inherently broken; they were unenjoyable.

Capcom arn't here to remake DMC4, a game they finished in 2007. Its like someone else said. This game is like DLC content that should've been released at the time. If they when in to redo everything, it would be a remake, not a special edition. The budget they spend on that could be spent on other projects.

Thats not what this is about. Its about giving the fans extra content, not remaking a game that they felt was sufficent back in 2007/8.

Finished? The game was barely 40% complete.

Judge

Finished? The game was barely 40% complete.

According to who? A few disgruntled fans on the Internet?

Capcom made the game they wanted to make. They never came forward and said we only made 40% of a game. Thats just fans who coulnd't accept that DMC4's problems were Capcom's fault. They need to find some reason that DMC4 can be vindicated for its problems, so they claim it was only 40% complete.

DMC4 has about 2 hours of cutscenes. Thats actually more than DMC3 and DmC. More time and resources were spent on DMC4 than any game in the series. They did what they wanted to do with it. Expect the same thing with DMC5 if you thought that was 40% complete. Only with parts of the game sold off as DLC this time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC4 has about 2 hours of cutscenes. Thats actually more than DMC3 and DmC. More time and resources were spent on DMC4 than any game in the series. They did what they wanted to do with it. Expect the same thing with DMC5 if you thought that was 40% complete. Only with parts of the game sold off as DLC this time.
And now this is actually isn't true. DmC has 2,5 hours of cutscenes, while DMC4 has not full 2 hours cutscenes. So if you want to use it as argument at least get the facts straight.

Veloran

And now this is actually isn't true. DmC has 2,5 hours of cutscenes, while DMC4 has not full 2 hours cutscenes. So if you want to use it as argument at least get the facts straight.
I've seen some people put DmC's cutscenes up to as much as 3.5 hours, counting in-engine walking and talking segments.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I've seen some people put DmC's cutscenes up to as much as 3.5 hours, counting in-engine walking and talking segments.
well I named only cutscenes from vanilla without any add-ons, since we counting DMC4 also without add ons

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I was also talking about the main game, no VD.
oh I see. I saw one for 2 hours 30 mins so i assumed this was it.
___

Anyway back to the topic DMC4 didn't had all that many cutscenes for being longer than DmC or DMC1. And despite some lazy decision they were acknowledged by Capcom and Itsuno promised to correct them in next game (before whole DmC happened) So They corrected what they could, but it still DMC4.

Judge

DMC4 comes in at 1 hour and 55 mins. No not a full 2 hours but close enough. DmC has just over 1 hour and 30 mins. DmC does not have 2 hours and 30 mins worth of cutscenes.

The point wasn't to do with length anyway. The point was that disgruntled fans are claiming that DMC4 should've had 60% more content (without proof), when it had a lot more time and resources spent on it than previous games. DmC is not really relevant to the argument. This thread is whether Capcom will redo (remake) parts of the game deemed unsatisfactory.

Based on the nature of this special edition, there is no such intention from Capcom to correct something they deemed complete six years ago. That in itself is proof in this rerelease. If Capcom felt the game was incomplete they would have added a lot more missions and other content now they've had the chance. The fact they haven't proves this was a completle game when released in 2007/8.

DragonMaster2010

DMC4 comes in at 1 hour and 55 mins. No not a full 2 hours but close enough. DmC has just over 1 hour and 30 mins. DmC does not have 2 hours and 30 mins worth of cutscenes.

The point wasn't to do with length anyway. The point was that disgruntled fans are claiming that DMC4 should've had 60% more content (without proof), when it had a lot more time and resources spent on it than previous games. DmC is not really relevant to the argument. This thread is whether Capcom will redo (remake) parts of the game deemed unsatisfactory.

Based on the nature of this special edition, there is no such intention from Capcom to correct something they deemed complete six years ago. That in itself is proof in this rerelease. If Capcom felt the game was incomplete they would have added a lot more missions and other content now they've had the chance. The fact they haven't proves this was a completle game when released in 2007/8.

I agree with this.

Capcom said the game was incomplete with things, so it makes me question why didn't they try to complete it during the process of DmC? Ninja Theory was doing gameplay AND the rest of it. Capcom could've gotten to work on adding new things to DMC4 during like Dante's own levels, getting rid of the dice game for something better, no long backtracking, better platforming, etc etc. if DMC4 took 3 years from DMC3, then 6 years would be plenty to do more with it. Adding new characters is fine and awesome too, but that doesn't excuse the other aspects that held it down. It's basically copy and pasting the PC version to the console version with three new characters and a few small cutscenes (I assume because there could be secret cutscenes that they haven't told us yet) in it.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
DMC4 comes in at 1 hour and 55 mins. No not a full 2 hours but close enough. DmC has just over 1 hour and 30 mins. DmC does not have 2 hours and 30 mins worth of cutscenes..
Cool story:

I don't even know why people expected this. They making new release for an old game not brand new DMC. Besides I'm pretty sure that if the intend to add more levels they rather make new game instead of trying to make levels on old engine.

DragonMaster2010

I don't even know why people expected this. They making new release for an old game not brand new DMC. Besides I'm pretty sure that if the intend to add more levels they rather make new game instead of trying to make levels on old engine.
Then why not make a new game instead of a Special Edition? if they had six years during DmC's process, they could've used it as a means to make that new game...or maybe they have been doing that, who knows.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Then why not make a new game instead of a Special Edition? if they had six years during DmC's process, they could've used it as a means to make that new game...or maybe they have been doing that, who knows.
maybe because they don't intend to make new game. And in this case some people actually prefer to play DMC4 SE to another rererererelease of DmC

DragonMaster2010

maybe because they don't intend to make new game. And in this case some people actually prefer to play DMC4 SE to another rererererelease of DmC

I meant just finish up what was left out of DMC4, or just try making a DMC5 on the down-low while DmC was being made. And what do you mean rererererelease? There's literally only been 2 versions.

Top Bottom