• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Did they fix anything from vanilla?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I meant just finish up what was left out of DMC4, or just try making a DMC5 on the down-low while DmC was being made. And what do you mean rererererelease? There's literally only been 2 versions.
It was obvious that if DmC succeeded DMC5 wouldn't be made. Also 3 versions PC considered

Judge

Cool story:

I don't even know why people expected this. They making new release for an old game not brand new DMC. Besides I'm pretty sure that if the intend to add more levels they rather make new game instead of trying to make levels on old engine.

That video you've linked to has a lot of gameplay segements which I don't count as cutscenes. I was reffering to this version which contains purely cutscenes:

I think the thread has gone off course. The point was theres no evidence to suggest DMC4 is missing 60% of its content. With reference to the thread tophic, I still don't think Capcom plan on fixing any unenjoyable parts of the game. They deemed this game as finished in 2007/8. Their not here to improve on that. Their adding a few things not remaking the game. Those resources would be better spent on a new game. Which is what I think thir doing with DMC5.

Judge

I agree with this.

Capcom said the game was incomplete with things, so it makes me question why didn't they try to complete it during the process of DmC? Ninja Theory was doing gameplay AND the rest of it. Capcom could've gotten to work on adding new things to DMC4 during like Dante's own levels, getting rid of the dice game for something better, no long backtracking, better platforming, etc etc. if DMC4 took 3 years from DMC3, then 6 years would be plenty to do more with it. Adding new characters is fine and awesome too, but that doesn't excuse the other aspects that held it down. It's basically copy and pasting the PC version to the console version with three new characters and a few small cutscenes (I assume because there could be secret cutscenes that they haven't told us yet) in it.

With what your saying though, its like people expect a full remake of DMC4. That dosen't seem to be what Capcom want.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Actually I don't know who expecting this. Seriously it#s called DMC4. So people buying it for being DMC4. If some people can't comprehend that many actually liked DMC4 for what it is, there is no point explaining that "problems" that were in it, mostly based on personal tastes.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Actually I don't know who expecting this. Seriously it#s called DMC4. So people buying it for being DMC4. If some people can't comprehend that many actually liked DMC4 for what it is, there is no point explaining that "problems" that were in it, mostly based on personal tastes.

Again; I never said "Nobody likes DMC4"

I was asking if thet changed or fixed things on DMC4 (dice game/back tracking/ currency/ etc.) I said it before and will say it again;

I don't care how others feel about it, I was just asking based on my own personal feelings towards it which I know is based on personal taste.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I don't care how others feel about it, I was just asking based on my own personal feelings towards it which I know is based on personal taste.
And you got your answer. I don't think anybody gonna force your to buy or like DMC4, if you don't like it. And in one thing Judge is right, most issues you names aren't broken. You simply don't like them. But if you don't like them that doesn't mean they can be fixed. (not that main complain about dice wasn't taken in account and removed)

DragonMaster2010

And you got your answer. I don't think anybody gonna force your to buy or like DMC4, if you don't like it. And in one thing Judge is right, most issues you names aren't broken. You simply don't like them. But if you don't like them that doesn't mean they can be fixed. (not that main complain about dice wasn't taken in account and removed)

Can't blame a guy for asking.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Feel like people are getting all sensitive about someone calling DMC4 on its mistakes and opinionated dislike.
Just like some people do like DMC4, others can choose NOT to like DMC4.

Judge

Can't blame a guy for asking.

They have said they will make it eaiser to obtain Proud Souls and red orbs to upgrade your moves and weapons. Thats as far as I know. As far as other things go, I know a lot of people were unhappy with the dice game, so they might have made it eaiser to get the number you want, but I think thats as far as it would go. I haven't heard them saying anything about changing in game content like the dice game.

DragonMaster2010

They have said they will make it eaiser to obtain Proud Souls and red orbs to upgrade your moves and weapons. Thats as far as I know. As far as other things go, I know a lot of people were unhappy with the dice game, so they might have made it eaiser to get the number you want, but I think thats as far as it would go. I haven't heard them saying anything about changing in game content like the dice game.

That's disappointing. Because those random bosses during the first dice game were annoying to have to deal with.

Frazz

General gamer
I know that, but just its reason for existing is what urks me.
I do agree with this to an extent as I feel that whilst some may like the dice game I think it's a little to naive to believe that it was put there because they thought it was a good idea. I could be wrong but to me it definitely feels like a tactic to pad out the game. On topic: I think the gameplay is the most important element of DMC4 and it was nearly perfect for me except for Nero's lack of alternate melee weapons thus there wasn't a whole lot for them to fix and they would be better off making a new game than re-making DMC4's Dante segments.

Goldsickle

One thing that bugs me is how the Angelos don't have a "damaged while lying down" animation, unlike the Scarecrows.

If you attack them while they're lying down, they'll automatically stand up because the only stagger animation they have is while standing.

Top Bottom