• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry - Role Play

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Eva (in Dante's Mind): "Use the sceptre Dante, set us free..."
Sadness filled her voice, "I long to see you again Dante... Bring us home..."

Zany Blac

Dante thought he was dreaming, hearing a voice that he had been yearning to catch an echo of in the wind of his memories, he was startled to say the least.

Glaring at the scetre this time he shook his head to drown out the sound of what he was sure was nothing more than an illusion.

"No need to get your hopes up" Dante muttered, his thoughts tottaly wrecked by the sound of his mothers voice, fortunately he heard Nero speak and that drove the thought from his mind momentarily.

"You already got beat by an old man once kid" said Dante with a faint smile putting the sceptre beneath his coat.

"Glad your coming along Zebra, i can really use a smart head, albeit yours might be full of cobwebs and brothel smoke as well" said Dante with a laugh.

Dante stepped out of the cathedral and waited for the others to join him, his face still wearing a troubled look from hearing his mothers voice.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Trish sighed. She still sensed that something bad was going to happen. As she walked out she sensed the presence of someone. It wasn't Mundus. Although she knew this man, had been connected with Mundus in someway at some point. she stopped dead in her tracks, almost to the threshold.
'No, it couldn't be.' she thought. 'Could it?'
"Vergil?" she asked.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
...Hollow.
That was the only adjective Vergil’s muddled mind could conjure to describe his condition. Surrounded by infinite black and screaming silence – he was nowhere and he was nothing. A fathomless thing in a maddening abyss filled with emptiness. The realm around him was void of anything, and he was the void. He was falling... drifting...or flying – he couldn’t distinguish the sensation.

Something slashed through the endless dark; a blast of white-hot gold was upon him before he could think to react. It blinded him and burned him, and slammed him onto an unyielding, smooth marble floor.
The pain throbbed through his skull on impact, and every nerve ending in his body blazed with agonising awareness...

His body.
His eyes snapped open, and slowly he propped himself up to stare at his hands. He had a body – and not just any body. These were his arms, his long slim fingers that were spreading out to brush the air. He studied his hands for another flustered moment before he curled his fingers into his palm, clutching them in tight fists until his knuckles turned white.

What the hell was going on?

Confusion triggered his fury. Only then did he take in his environment. Gold and white marble walls. His back was against a black iron gate. Before him towered a ridiculously tall statue with its face blown off. He blinked up at it, and his gaze wandered further, his head dropping back on his shoulders. A lofty ceiling with an intricate glass dome - with a gaping hole in it - depicted a rather stormy sky overhead. It seemed he was back in the human world, but the emptiness of the abyss seemed to have followed him here.

He grabbed onto the gate behind him when the sound of angered voices echoed off the walls, and Vergil hauled himself to his feet. He turned around, and rigidly observed the occupants scattered in the centre of the room. His gaze roamed over them, measuring them with calculated purpose - a disturbing old geazer with wild hair, a young man with a sinister smirk and a glaring sword, and a boy with flaxen hair.

Vergil instinctively took a step further into the shadows, and silently watched the pointless bickering continue for another moment. The emptiness didn't waver from his core - it was a pestering kind of emptiness, a feeling that something was missing.

A female voice addressed him directly, and he looked toward the source. Eva. Her appearance struck him like a heated iron rod right between the eyes. Her long hair shimmered like gold silk in the dim light, and her eyes were as deep and endless as the arctic - but they lacked her fire. It wasn't Eva - it was demon.

The sound of his name had bounced off the walls and had begun to fade. Vergil was about to melt into the shadows to make a discreet and graceful exit, when reality heralded the reason for the nagging hollowness. Something was missing. Yamato. With blazing eyes narrowed, Vergil emerged from the shadows with the stealth of a predator out to kill.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
"Vergil, I thought that was you." Trish said. She peered around the catherdral door, looking for Dante. She shook her head. She still had a really bad feeling.
'This can only get worse.' she thought.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
"You know what kid," Zebra chuckled,"You have the same spite and attitude as your father. Just don't let it get the best of you."

"My father?" Nero asked.

"Dante hasn't told you yet," Zebra quizzically asked, scrathing his head in confusion. "Forget I said anything kid, you'll know when you know."

Nero shifted his overcoat, revealing Yamato, a dark glare in his eyes.

"Kid, i've fought things you wouldn't even find in your darkest nightmares. You don't want to go against me. Besides, I am quite familiar with that sword. Who do you think taught Sparda to use it?"

"Fine, old man, but eventually you or Dante or whoever the hell else knows better tell me. Or i'm gonna have to give you a piece of the Bringer." As Nero said this, he raised his fist to his face and the Devil Bringer glowed a bright blue.

The two slowly walked out of the cathedral to join Dante, Nero slightly ahead of the lingering Zebra. As they walked, Zebra silently tunred toward the shadows and winked at Vergil, chukling as he did so.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Recognition sparked through him briefly, and he hesitated until Zebra had disappeared through the door. Vergil strolled out from the sheltering embrace of shadows. Lightning flashed far above and thunder droned outside. He followed in Zebra's footsteps, and halted beside the image of his mother where she was lingering in the doorway. He scrutinized her from head to toe with hard eyes, his face a mask of pure indifference.

The next second, his hand shot out and his fingers curled around her long, slender neck in a choke hold. Her pulse was steady underneath his fingertips, and her skin surprisingly warm. He used enough pressure to make it clear he wasn't going to play games, but allowed enough room for her to breathe - barely. He pulled her closer by the throat, and thrust his face into hers.

With a voice as arctic as his eyes, Vergil said, "Who do you think you are?"

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
"Right," Trish said. "you probably don't remember me. And yes I am aware I look like your mother. But that's only because I was created by Mundus to look like this. I'm not your enemy, Vergil. I've long since betrayed Mundus. My name is Trish. And I am your brother's partner. So with that being said perhaps you could let go of me?"

Her voice was clam and cool, without a touch of panic, as if she had been expecting Vergil to react this way to her appearance.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
His hand snapped back from her as if she'd scorched him with fire. Vergil tilted his head to the side as he observed her with refreshed perception. His fingers twitched restlessly at his side.
"My brother?" He repeated ominously, and retreated a step from her. "Well now. You wouldn't happen to know where I can find him, do you?"

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Trish took a deep breath, and she then put her hand at her neck where Vergil's hand had been only a moment before.
"Yeah, Dante's right outside." she said. "Come on."
Trish motioned for Vergil to follow her. She exited the catherdral.

Zany Blac

Dante was eyeing his surroudings, totally oblivious to what was going on inside the Cathedral when a sudden scruffle tore his thoughts away from the lingering memory of his mothers voice.

Dante turned around to face his blue clad mirror image holding Trish by the neck, with a look of unadulterated fury etched on vergils face.

"Kid go get out of here" said Dante all traces of his usual smile gone.

"Old man take him somewhere he cant find him" said Dante giving Zebra the sceptre.

Dante faced his twin brother, someone he hadnt seen for quite a while.

"I fgured this had you written all over, all this coming back to life just makes me wish i was younger" said Dante, his smirk returning.

A swish of red was all that announced the removal of ivory from its holster. Dante pointed it, dead aim between vergils eyes.

"Its been to long"

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
"Dante! Don't do this!" Zebra shouted anxiously, trying to calm his nerves from the adrenaline of the action. He did not like it when the brothers fought, and always tried to soothe the fight. Nero had run at Dante's command, climbing a tree for safety, though it wasn't the best solution considering they were in the middle of a thunder storm.
"This is not how brothers treat eachother," Zebra said, finally calming down. Panting from frustration and mumbling to himself, Zebra, seemingly confused, continued by saying, "You can't kill eachother. One day you will see why, but now, i ask you to quell your anger at eachother's differences." Zebra dropped his voice to really low now, barely audible over the falling rain. "Especially with the kid up in the tree watching. Which reminds me, Dante," Zebra said, raising his voice loudly," You did't tell him of his origins?!" As he said this, Zebra slapped him on the back of the head.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil didn't flinch, nor did he pay Zebra's frantic pleas any heed. Something ugly flickered across his face before he met his brother's gaze over the barrel of the gun.

"A gun, Dante? How like you," Vergil said in a voice ridden with contempt. "I see nothing has changed."

He took a step forward; a silent challenge in the gesture.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
"Dante... put the gun down." Eva said gently.
"You know I never liked the both of you fighting."

It was as if she has cold night air on her face.
She was still as beautiful and young as the day Mundus' minions had killed her.

Zany Blac

Ivory made a resounding sound as it clattered on the stone steps where Dante was standing,

He was afraid to turn around.

His eyes and Vergil's locked and the look on vergils face reassured him that what he did not hear it alone.

His hand still upraised as it was towards Vergil, Dante turned around and stared at his mother.

"Mom?" asked Dante, a look full of sadness and fear mingled with longing.

"I cant be you, it cant" said Dante looking at Eva carefully afraid to move, afraid that she miight vanish in a puff of smoke should he make any sudden movements.

Almost involuntarily Dante took a step back...

"It cant be you"

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil stepped forward to join Dante's side. He slowly looked back and forth between Trish and Eva. A fine scowl crossed his forehead when he couldn't make sense of any of it, and he turned accusing eyes on his brother.

Dante wore a look on his face that Vergil couldn't define. Not that he really cared what Dante was feeling right that moment. He had other concerns on his mind.

"What have you done?" Vergil demanded, raking his gaze across Eva doubtfully before turning to his mirror image. "Care to enlighten me before things get ugly?"

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
"Who are you talking to," Zebra asked, confused as to what was happening. "Eva isn't here.....is she?"

Zebra waved his hand, as if to see through a fog, and all of a sudden, as being a demon does have its perks, he was able to see the apparition that the boys saw.

"How astonishing! In all my years, i've never seen anything quite extraordinary," Zebra said awestruck, a look of shock and revel on his face.

Nero sat perched in the tree above and viewedf the spectacle with interest, oblivious to what was actually happening. He could not see the spirit, nor could he hear what was being said, all he knew was that something was bewildering Dante, Vergil, Zebra, and possibly Trish. He couldn't tell.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
"It is me Dante, I am really here..." she smiled.
She smiled at Vergil. She never knew how he would react seeing that he felt closer to Sparda, and possibly hated Eva for giving him his human side. "I am so happy to see my boys again."
Eva could tell they weren't sure, so she held out both of her hands so that the brothers could see if she was real.
"Boys... it's really me..."
She thought carefully about what she was going to say next "... and if you're not too old... your mom would like a hug?"

Zany Blac

Dante raised his hands towards his mothers image...

One outstretched empty...

and the other hand held ebony.

Like metal to magnet ivory jumped into his hand and the two guns where pointed at the apparition claiming to be his mother.

"Do not come near me demon" said Dante, his voice rough underlying deep pain that erupted from his soul "Your are not my mother" he said.

Backing away he turned suddenly and dashed up the cathedral steps.

Gaining momentum and speed as he ran his form changed in a flash of ruby thunder.

An image of a flying demon was seen in the distance...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
"I am terribly sorry, if that really is you Eva," Zevra said, disappointed in the boys.

"If you aren't her, then i shall warn you. Between Me, Vergil, Dante, and Nero, you are in a world of hurt. And I have yet to see this fine woman's fighting ability," Zebra chuckled, motioning toward Trish so that the "demon" may see that she/it was surrounded.

Top Bottom