• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry - Role Play

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
ROLE PLAY RULES

IMPORTANT: WRITING format. This must be in third person, past tense and in novel format: basically how a book is written. Try to keep spelling and punctuation errors to a minimum. If you’re unsure, read what the others have posted and follow their example. Text talk is banned too - Write words out in full. No abbreviations (LOL, OMG, etc) or text/sms style writing (c u l8r) allowed.

DETAILED Posts. Not many people want to read boring posts that nothing happens in, so be creative and be descriptive. You can easily write up at least ONE paragraph (four sentences at minimum). NO one-liners. For those who aren’t that hot with spelling and grammar – use Microsoft Word. Spellcheck works like magic!

DIALOGUE. We all know Dante has a rundown vocab, but don’t abuse the vulgarity. If it seems fit for your character to dish out a string of profanities when he happens to run into a wall, then go for it. Don’t let every second word be an F-bomb, please. It gets old – real quick. If anyone has something to say about bad language: *points in direction of youtube* have you seen the anime? I rest my case. Besides, bad words get dotted out by default here ;)

STAY in character. If you play Vergil for example, you wouldn't start showing affection towards Dante. So don’t switch personality.

DON’T Play God. This basically means you can't be invincible, so if you get into a fight you can't just say your character wins because they're the best...It’s not fair on others when you fight and you definitely can't have an attack that is unstoppable because again it isn't fair. With demons, sure they can stop a few moves here and there, just make sure they aren’t amazingly powerful. Just because your character faints or something from a blow doesn’t mean they are weak.

COMPULSORY Weapons. As logic would have it, you can only carry as many weapons as your character can manage with two hands. Dante doesn’t carry his entire arsenal around with him, and neither should you. Try not to go over the top with size and strength; please limit your power when attacking other characters. And yes, you have to have at least ONE actual weapon – shooting razor beams from your eyes and using pixie dust does not constitute as weapons.

NO Power Playing. This is when you role-play as a character you don't have the right to role-play as, example: if someone reads a post saying their character jumped off a cliff because YOU made them do it. It’s unfair, irritating, and will come back to bite you in the ass - guaranteed. A character is not dead unless the person playing the role says so.

DEATHS. Killing off main characters isn’t in the actual script so if you do not desire to role-play a certain character, then please play it into the game so that your character is temporarily out of commission. Do not kill any lead characters if you get tired of RP – that role will go up for grabs for whoever else wishes to try their hand at it.

M-RATED content. You know what this comprises of. If you don’t, then you’re a minor, and the reason why promiscuous scenes will not be tolerated. There are no physical displays in the game, anime, or manga, therefore the same applies in this roleplay. If you want to get your mojo on in the RP world with another character, feel free to do so somewhere else, but not here.

CUSTOM Characters, or more commonly known as OC’s. All the characters you wanted to play taken? Want to bring in your original vampire/demon/ghoul to join in the fun? PM people already in the game before you join, so there is no head-scratching and ‘where’d you come from?’ puzzlement when you start posting. When you’ve informed the players, go here: (http://forums.devilmaycry.org/showthread.php?t=18916) and post up a profile for your OC. This is necessary so that everyone knows who you are.

RELATIVES. For someone who's playing their own character you can be related to someone from the game, but only if that character(s) give you their permission first – make use of the visitor boards or PM function to discuss this. But, please, if the role of Vergil and Dante’s long lost kick-ass sister or half-sister has already been taken, DON’T add another one. They can’t have a hundred sisters running around the place.

PERSONAL Conflicts. If you have a problem with a fellow player, take it up with them on their visitor board and work it out there. If you have any comments to make about their portrayal of their RP character, use the same method. Do not voice your opinion in the actual RP. The same goes about questions - if you're lost and don't know what's going on, take it up on the visitor boards. To the point: any messages from one player to another should be done elsewhere.

NUMBER of Characters. Each player has the option to play a max of two characters. Exceptions will be made for a third character. This only applies provided neither one of your roles crosses paths. You can’t RP with yourself, it’s just weird and wrong and crazy. Don’t hog the posts either. If two of your characters are in the same room with another RP character, use only one of them to keep the story moving. Double posts are annoying, it breaks the rhythm, and you’re depriving other RP’s their chance.

CHARACTER Development. This is inevitable. Whether they discover new abilities, or they are one of the good guys who become corrupt and join the dark forces, or they create a split personality due to the disturbing events they must survive, your character is going to grow and change as the RP goes along. Add these changes in your character's profile in the RP Character Domain. The profiles are there as reference for other players.

AUTO-HITTING forbidden. Automatically hitting, if you're in combat with someone in a roleplay and that person always attacks you and never allows you to defend, they are seen as auto-hitting. Much like God Modding, this practice is frowned upon, considered rude and will not be tolerated.

CROSSING THE LINES
What to expect when the rules are breached.
Code 1 - Red Card:
This will be your first warning, sent in PM form, to inform you of your error.
Code 2 - Blue Flag:
This will be your second warning. If you do not go back and edit your post so that you are within the rules, this will also win you a blue flag.
Code 3 - Purple T:
This will be when a referee approaches you. Consider this your last warning. Your name will be put onto a Hit List.
Sparda's Elite:
Continue to disregard the rules, and action will be taken. You'll be out. End of your story.

Referees:
Dante
Trish
Lady
Angelo Credo

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
THE DETAILS
BACKSTORY
The Sceptre of God is renowned for the divine power it contains – this means it can resurrect the dead, bestow immense power on the weak, enhance strength, and do impossible things that can verge on the demonic. It also has the ability to eradicate the sanity of whomever uses its power for personal gain. The Sceptre was placed in the care of the Covenant to keep it safe from the greedy hands of mankind, but a rival tribe stole it and hid it for reasons unknown – maybe to spite the Covenant? I don’t think anybody really cares why.

PLOT
Dante is assigned a mission to find the stolen Sceptre, and tracks it down to the abandoned Cathedral in Fortuna. He finds it in a confession booth, but upon tampering with it, a bright flash of celestial power consumes the world and all hell breaks lose.
Seven Hell Gates are unlocked following the flash. Dante has to defeat the demons standing guard at each gate before he can enter into the Demon Realm. There he has to fight through armies of demons to find the talismans that will enable him to close down each Hell Gate, and get himself back out in one piece to get the job done. At the seventh gate Dante has to defeat the six souls of the demon guards he had slain before. To get to the talisman within the Seventh Hell Gate, he has to fight the ultimate boss, Legion.

SUB-PLOTS (possible examples)
Vergil wants Yamato back.
Someone takes down Mundus.
Dante chills out with some strawberry sundae.
Arkham/Jester annoys and creeps out all players.
The good guys team up and kick ass.
The Misadventures of Agni and Rudra.
Etc.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
THE ROLES

Taken

Trish: Trish67
Lady: VB
Dante: Zany
Vergil: Me (clairavance)
Kyrie: Zany
Eva: VB
Agni: Me (again)
Rudra: Zany
Mundus: VB
Jester: Trish67
---
Available

Nero
Sanctus
Credo
Agnus
Arkham
Lucia
Morrison - OPEN
Sid
Freddy - OPEN

Morrison (the informant) is an open role anyone can use to bring their OC's into the mix, via a sideline mission.
Freddy (the dude who knows just how Dante likes his sundae)is an open role for anyone who wants to share some friendly banter or fun chit-chats with Dante over a glass of strawberry sundae bliss.

If you want one of the available canon roles, get in touch with either me, Zany Blac or Trish67. You'll need to audition for the part.

Zany Blac

The towering cathedral looms benevolently down at an approaching figure in the darkness...

Thunder strikes... the sound of purposeful and confident footsteps make their way towards the door to the entrance.

The door stands firmly shut as if in defiance with insane bolts across it...

Dante stares at the door with a smile then whips out ebony and ivory, spinning them points at the lock...

"Forgive me father for i have sinned"

Bang!!!

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Trish, who was behind Dante, sighed, and put her face in her plam and said "Dante Please tell me you were joking..."
Trish waited for Dante to say something, when he didn't she said "You were joking right, Dante?"
She followed Dante into the church

Zany Blac

Dante smirked holstering his guns as he takes in the spacious interior of the cathedral

He scans the pews as if searching for a person...

Something about the place didnt feel right.

"Deja vu" mutters dante as he walks down the aisle towards the altar on farthest end from the entrance

A stone sarcophagus layed their shining with a bright eerie light.

"Heh shiny, this is going to need some oomph and Trish... Trish?"

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Trish looked around, trying to become aware of her surroundings.
'yeah Dante,' she thought. 'deja vu, is right.'
She shivered. This place creeped her out. It was like being back on Mallet Island.
She then heard Dante, call out to her.
"Yeah." she answered. "I'm right here."

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Lightning flashes as Nero appears from behind a pillar in front of Dante.

"Where the hell have you been Dante? You said to get here at midnight. It's close to 2:30 now. I woulda snagged the damn thing for myself if I coulda done it alone. It's weird, this place. I feel a strange presence, and i can't pinpoint it exactly. It's something familiar....I can't remember it though."

Zany Blac

Dante blinked in surprise "Oh... Its you"

Dante had not seen the kid since leaving Yamato with him back at fortuna, but a gut feeling told him that Nero should be there on this mission.

"No one arrives early for a party kid, gotta be fashionably late" said Dante.

The Sarcophagus shone brighter as he placed his hand upon it

"your the genius when it comes o devil arms Trish, jut what is that thing?"

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
Trish sighed. She walked toward the sarcohagus. She scanned the atifact.
"I haven't the faintest clue what it is, because it sure as hell isn't demonic. It's definetly divine. But I have a bad feeling about this."

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Nero curiously approachs the sarcophagus by Dante and Trish. He looks around the room behind them cautiously.

"I don't think we're here alone. Like i said earlier, i feel a familiar presence. And now i have this sense that we're being watched," Nero says tensely

Zany Blac

Dante looked over at Nero and suppressed the urge to utter a well deserved "duh"

"This is where the big guy upstairs live, he is always watching" said Dante with a smirk.

"Lets open this baby shall we?" said Dante placing his hand on the illuminiscent core of the sarchopagus, immediately wine gold coloured runes appeared all around them.

The whole cathedral started shaking.

The top of the sarchophagus split into two and the orb of light that was moments ago the core of the coffin shone in Dantes upraised hand.

a long handle formed in his hand with a crystal startling clearity at the top.

Before he could react they where engulfed in a bright light.

A flash of darkness and all light went out.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The shockwave shattered the stillness of the air inside Albel's home, various experimental devices lay strewn about, a flash of light enveloped the room, accompanied by a loud clap of thunder, then, darkness.

When Albel awoke, he found himself somewhere entirely different, lying in a crumpled heap in what he believed to be an old cathedral, he slowly sat up, leanin against a neaby pillar, pain rushed through his head, Albel touched his forehead lightly, noting the blood slowly trickling down his face, he swept back his two-toned hair, brushing his blonde bangs out of his eyes.

As Albel's eyesight slowly adjusted to his new environment, he looked up, still supporting his weight on the pillar, he saw three people infront of him, from their figures, he assumed two men and a woman.
Clutching at his sword, he made an attempt to stand up, an attempt which ended in failure, pain once again rushed through every fibre of his body, he screamed with the agony, finding himself on both knees, using his hands to desperately support his weight.

Albel coughed up a small amount of blood before attempting to speak up.

"Ugh...Would someone mind...Ahhh...Telling me where the hell I am?" His breathing was laboured, Albel could only assume that the force of his impact lead him to crack a rib.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Nero looks over to the man who suddenly appeared in a flash of light, yet before he can say anything, a tall, skinny man drops from one of the gothic archs supporting the cathedral, landing in front of Nero, shrouded in shadows.

The man slowly walks up to the group, his appearence becoming more visible. He sweeps back his long black, white-striped hair as the light caught his pitch black eyes.

His long, curly mustache twitches as he speaks, his low-pitched voice having a Latino/French twang. "What have you gotten yourself into this time Dante," Zebra sarcastically asks.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
"Who the hell are you?" Trish asked adressing Albel. She leaned closer to the man.
"Answer that first and then maybe I'll tell you where you are." she added, her voice sexy and dangerous.
'was it really a good idea to open that sarcophgus?' Trish thought. She looked at the other newcomer and she looked at Dante.

Zany Blac

"Is'nt there a rule for people like you entering a place like this old man?" said Dante with mock frown though secretly he was glad to see Zebra.

He turned to see Trish beside the fallen bleeding figure staring at him with a tell tale of accusation written across her face.

"H'hey, i didnt know it was going to be all flash" said Dante dismissively eyeing the sceptre in his hand.

The waves of energy permeating from it was new to him, it was clear untainted and pure.

"This is so wrong" thought dante as the crystal orb atop the sceptre shone as if reading Dantes mind.

He had been feeling alot of energy unbalance since the sceptre appeared in his hand but certain waves he had not felt in a while.

Some powerful ones he had never even felt at all.

The dude with the highlighted hair seemed powerful enough, although not brutish in essence like Nero's strength but his dexterity level was impressive to say the least.

And the old man... an old drinking buddy of sorts... Off his rocker but hey, who wasnt.

"well... this is all nice and cosy... but i think the shows over"

The cathedral gave another groaning shudder and another dark wave of energy touched Dantes sixth sense like perception.

"For now..."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Pah, I answer to no one...Ugh, insolent worm." Albel coughed, he stuck his sword into the ground and pulled himself up, staring eye to eye to the woman infront of him.

He brushed himself off and surveyed his surroundings in greater detail before sheathing his blade, turning back to Trish, his voice turned to ice as he whispered to her.

"So little one, care to answer my question? Or do I have to cut every last one of you to the ground fist? Or should I be asking the one in red over there? Seems like he's keeping you on a tight leash..." A sinister smirk spread across his lips as he turned to face Dante.

Trish67

Bad a$$ Gunslinger
"Who are you calling little one? Me?" asked Trish. A scowl appeared on her face. She starred at Albel. "And excuse me, I am no ones pet. No one has me on a leash."
Trish crossed her arms across her chest, still scowling.

Zany Blac

A smile slowly crept round the corners of Dante's mouth "Pah?" he asked the standing Albel repressing a wider grin then looked at the sceptre

"Sure can pick em' stick" said Dante giving the sceptre a closer inspection as it shone again in response to his scrutiny.

He left the side of the empty sarcophagus and walked past Albel repressing a snort of laughter as the expression 'pah' crossed his mind again.

"I think its time we blowed this joint Trish" said Dante to a still scowling Trish. "And you too kid, your coming with us" said Dante pointing the sceptre at Nero.

"How about a drnk later on old man, its not everyday you pop in to a holy place... unless its the holy nunnery" Dante smiled as he asked Zebra.

He stood at the middle of the vast hall patiently waiting for the others to move...

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
"i wish to accompany you as well, Dante," Zebra gruffly laughed. "You seem to forget, i have specialties in other things besides drinking. After all, who continued to train you when your father disappeared?"

"Dante, who the hell is this clown? You're not seriously considering letting him come with us," Nero curtly asked, "are you?"

"Forgive me, young one. You may call me Zebra. As for how i know Dante, we are, as Vergil would say, acquaintances. Though, that is not much of a descriptive word for someone who helped raise them two rascals, ain't that right Dante? As feeble as i appear, i can assure you that i need no protecting or assistance on the battlefield. Being one of the oldest demons does have its perks," Zebra chuckled to himself.

Top Bottom