• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRose

Kael
GamblingGambitCloud;187439 said:
my point exactly...so don't say that it's anime because it's creators are japanese...and if it resembles an anime, then more power to it...but that doesn't make it's style anime and it most certainly does not make the characters anime

you know what fine, I'm not going to debate about this anymore cause you know what, you're biased, I'm biased, so this debate is pointless but it gives you no right to accuse someone of being racist just to prove a point.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i didn't accuse....u said wat u said and it was...or at least u sounded like it....i say things that sound racist sometimes too...doesn't mean i am....we all say stuff like that sometimes

RedRose

Kael
hey guys ignore the argument me and GGC had, we resolved it and now we've kinda become friends, so please don't bring anything up from the previous debate in future posts. he's appologised, i've appologised, and it's all good.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
I heard that the guy who plays Damon on "Vampire Diaries," Ian Somerhalder, has been officially cast as Dante in this live action movie. There were actors cast for Trish and Mundus, but I forget who they are.

This isn't necessarily true, but it seems not completely bogus to me, either.

Personally, I'd rather Capcom make a CGI DMC movie, but having both would be fine, even if the live action movie is all "Hollyweird-ized." I'd still see it, even if only out of curiosity...

Durante

Dead
Nonetheless i don't imagine the movie being as good as the game,it'l probably be too slow or with a bad storyline

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Cat;187556 said:
I heard that the guy who plays Damon on "Vampire Diaries," Ian Somerhalder, has been officially cast as Dante in this live action movie. There were actors cast for Trish and Mundus, but I forget who they are.

This isn't necessarily true, but it seems not completely bogus to me, either.

Personally, I'd rather Capcom make a CGI DMC movie, but having both would be fine, even if the live action movie is all "Hollyweird-ized." I'd still see it, even if only out of curiosity...

WTF?!? Are you SERIOUS? He's already bashed Damon's character... oh hell, I'm going to petition against this. Ian isn't COOL enough to be Dante. Well, no one is! So, yeah, I agree with you -they need to do a CGI movie, and preferably get Reuben to do Dante's VO, and Dan to do Vergil's VO - because no one else can do it quite right! But that would be awesome, if they pulled it off. I wouldn't watch it if it was live action though. Seriously - even though some of Reuben's features were used to create Dante, not even he could pull off a complete Dante in that one add.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
clairavance;187728 said:
WTF?!? Are you SERIOUS? He's already bashed Damon's character... oh hell, I'm going to petition against this. Ian isn't COOL enough to be Dante. Well, no one is! So, yeah, I agree with you -they need to do a CGI movie, and preferably get Reuben to do Dante's VO, and Dan to do Vergil's VO - because no one else can do it quite right! But that would be awesome, if they pulled it off. I wouldn't watch it if it was live action though. Seriously - even though some of Reuben's features were used to create Dante, not even he could pull off a complete Dante in that one add.

Seriously, the only actor cool enough to pull-off Dante is Clint Eastwood, and he's getting a bit too pruny these days, lol! There really isn't anyone this cool in our media in the U.S. anymore, so you have to go back to Clint's "Dirty Hairy" days, or the old spaghetti westerns he did a LOOOONG time ago.

Just can't think of a Hollywood actor of today that could do even a decent Dante...:O

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i'm serious.....it doesn't have to be a famous person who plays the characters...it would be nice if someone good did it in live action, but there can be an undiscovered actor who does it really well....i think cgi would kill anything related to dmc...the graphics are too cheesy and hurt ur eyes after a while

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
CLINT EASTWOOD?!
For how old he is, he could be Sparda

Heck... did anyone see or remember the live version of Thunderbirds that was release in 2004, where instead of puppets, they used live actors.
I felt it ruined Thunderbirds.
What i'm trying to say is that, there were no real famous actors apart from Bill Paxton, Ben Kingsley, and if you watched ER Anthony Edwards.
Apart from that, the story was dire and the actors didn't put the effort into the characters that they were playing.
And know one had ever seen the tv series enough to come up with a decent job.

A DMC Film should have a few DMC experts work on it, and include Reuben (and possibly Dan.)

All i'm saying is live action killed a puppet series... it may not do it though to DMC.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
870854-reuben_langdon_large.jpg

Dante?
(He looks a bit older now, and would have to shave the stubble off.)
And yes i know thats Reuben Langdon

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
industry-guest_dan-southworth.jpg

(Dan Southworth)

If there was a live action movie, there would have to be a miracle make up person to pass Dan and Reuben dressed as Dante and Vergil to make them look like twins.

Cat

Vergil-ologist
Vergil'sB*tch;187790 said:
CLINT EASTWOOD?!
For how old he is, he could be Sparda

Clint is 79-years-young this year. He'd be an old Sparda, but he's already got the hair and even the right color eyes for him, LOL!!! :lol:

@GamblingGambitCloud: OMG!!! That is so hilarious!! :lol: That photo-shop job made me laugh-out-loud for real!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom