• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSonOfSparda

Hey guys I'm one of the biggest fans of this franchise and I heard that a Movie of DMC is coming out for next year and is already in development.
Don't believe me???
Check this out
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932986/

I'm not sure 100% about that, but I hope it is. I'd love a movie of DMC directed by Robert Rodriguez or Tim Burton, in case of the second not very sure. Can´t see a Jhonny Depp like Dante.
I know in case this happen (a DMC movie), neither of those directors will be in charge of it....but i can dream

RedRose

Kael
it could very well be based on the game, but then again there is a book (completely unrelated to the gaming series) by the same name, so it could be that as well. we won't know untill more information is given out.

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
I would take any news from the IMDB with a grain of salt. They are known for being inaccurate at times, especially when the film in question is "in production." Mostly because just about anyone can come in and edit it (I remember hearing rumors from this site about a Silent Hill movie starring David Boreanaz years before the real movie came out.)

Also, my choice of director would be Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth), with Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly) writing the script. :D

RedRose

Kael
Also, my choice of director would be Guillermo Del Toro (Hellboy and Pan's Labyrinth), with Joss Whedon (Buffy, Firefly) writing the script.

OMG epic YES! (firefly and serenity rule FTW!!!)

ExDeath69

I just get a vision to my head that if they make it, the manage to fail in it like in DragonBall Z evolution.. But it would be very interesting to see this one ^^

Meg

oh no...movies based off of games are usually terrible. i'd rather not see a dmc movie made.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've said it once and i'll say it again...
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, Games to film are really terrible. But I dunno if anyones knows but with the Resi Evil films, Hollywood had to write their own ideas because Capcom wouldn't let them use anything of the games.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Vergil'sB*tch;185604 said:
I've said it once and i'll say it again...
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yes, Games to film are really terrible. But I dunno if anyones knows but with the Resi Evil films, Hollywood had to write their own ideas because Capcom wouldn't let them use anything of the games.

Wait, Capcom wouldnt let Hollywood use the actual story of Resident Evil for the movies?

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Yep, Hollywood had to come up with all their own ideas.
I don't know the whole story about it, but Capcom said that Hollywood could use the Title and some characters (Jill Valentine was in Apocalypse) but they told them to come up with their own storylines.

Capcom will probably say the same thing to H/Wood about a DMC film.
(And that is why films made from vidoe games stink)

That was something i heard aaages ago!

Capcom fired the original person, and then hired a bloke called Paul W.S. Anderson. He (and most definitly capcom) decided that the movie shouldn't link in with the games. Whereas the first writer played the original Resi, and his version of the movie would have tied in with the game (and possibly had the same ending.)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
ExDeath69;185553 said:
I just get a vision to my head that if they make it, the manage to fail in it like in DragonBall Z evolution.. But it would be very interesting to see this one ^^

dragon ball evolution was kick ass...stfu

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i can tell u now....it was a good movie all and all...ya it made some changes to the story...but i dont know of any way to make dragonball a movie...it;s a difficult story to capture....and as for movies based on games...i'm sorry but are u forgetting DOOM?...that was a good movie as well...Prince of Persia i'm not expecting much of because it's disney....so it all depends on who makes the movie for DMC

ExDeath69

Oh come on.... Dragonball movie sucked... And it doesnt matter who makes dmc movie, HOW they make it, thats what matters...

Hargad

It seems when a movie is made from a game they take the characters and put them in a whole different place. Super Mario Brothers anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom