• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Dead
Lol then i guess Imdb should fix it's records but it might be a slight chance they make him play in the movie but that's just me ^_^

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
TheSonOfSparda;181725 said:
Hey guys I'm one of the biggest fans of this franchise and I heard that a Movie of DMC is coming out for next year and is already in development.
Don't believe me???
Check this out
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0932986/

I'm not sure 100% about that, but I hope it is. I'd love a movie of DMC directed by Robert Rodriguez or Tim Burton, in case of the second not very sure. Can´t see a Jhonny Depp like Dante.
I know in case this happen (a DMC movie), neither of those directors will be in charge of it....but i can dream

Fist of all, please don't refer to youself as "One of the biggest fans of DMC". Cause honestly, there is no such thing. A simple " I'm a big fan of DMC" will do.

Second of all, I wouldn't trust those kind of sites. One website will say one thing, another site will say something else. Until there is real solid evidence, like an actual announcment at some press or convention of sorts (whatever it's called now these days), don't expect a DMC movie.

Third,..... Honestly.... A live action DMC movie seems like a bad idea, unless you get a director that fully, and I mean fully, understands the story. Even then, it's a bad idea since most of the stunts in DMC will be hard to deal with for a live action film. If fans want aa DMC movie, get on CAPCOM's a** and demand a DMC CGI movie. resident Evil: Degeneration if proof that CAPCOM has what it takes to make a movie.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
im sorry...but cgi sucks.....yeah advent children was good, but i the graphics dont appeal to me...i like live action way better...maybe only some cgi in it would be good

WhiteShadow

AzureNight13;187124 said:
Fist of all, please don't refer to youself as "One of the biggest fans of DMC". Cause honestly, there is no such thing. A simple " I'm a big fan of DMC" will do.

Second of all, I wouldn't trust those kind of sites. One website will say one thing, another site will say something else. Until there is real solid evidence, like an actual announcment at some press or convention of sorts (whatever it's called now these days), don't expect a DMC movie.

Third,..... Honestly.... A live action DMC movie seems like a bad idea, unless you get a director that fully, and I mean fully, understands the story. Even then, it's a bad idea since most of the stunts in DMC will be hard to deal with for a live action film. If fans want aa DMC movie, get on CAPCOM's a** and demand a DMC CGI movie. resident Evil: Degeneration if proof that CAPCOM has what it takes to make a movie.

agreed^

idk bout the CGI part but a live dmc movie would seem cool also. A cgi movie would be cool also.

RedRose

Kael
AzureNight13;187124 said:

i totally agree with everything said here, plus, i think a CG movie would be much better than a live action, i mean look at FF advent children and like you said, Resident evil degen. they're pretty big hits, especialy FF:AC, there's a crapload of publicity and merchandice, heck, i think a CG movie would boost DMC's publicity way up, i still meet loads of people who haven't heard of the series, much less played it.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i'm sorry but i disagree....i think cgi would destroy the series...those graphics get too annoying when they're overused like that...amybe a cgi/ live action mix like 300 would work...but as far as i see, live action would be way better...because frist of all...how many cgi movies make it to theatres? besides 300, none....live action would...it's because people wouldn't pay to see grabage like that because it gets too annoying

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
CGI movies never make to the theatre? Shrek, Happyfeet, Surf`s up, and the like? Anyway, as long as Rouben L. takes the role to either act or to voice act Dante (depending if it`s a CGI or live action) - Go for it, if they put someoune else in Dantes role - F that.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
i meant cgi action movies...ones for mature audiences....ffvii:Ac never went to theatre....re:degen didn't....and the graphics got annoying...and those were animated movies not cg...and it took them years to make them...they started work on shrek 3 while they were still making the first...face it...cgi isn't good if u dnt have a controller in ur hand and gameplay doesn't follow

RedRose

Kael
GamblingGambitCloud;187400 said:
i meant cgi action movies...ones for mature audiences....ffvii:Ac never went to theatre....re:degen didn't....and the graphics got annoying...and those were animated movies not cg...and it took them years to make them...they started work on shrek 3 while they were still making the first...face it...cgi isn't good if u dnt have a controller in ur hand and gameplay doesn't follow

they may have never went to theatre but are they not still popular? they still make it to DVD and any anime fan looking for it will find it. I mean if they did make a live action movie what garantee do we have that it won't turn out like prince of persia? hello! an M rated game being done by disney?! WTF!!! that's like God of War 4 being made without brutality and gore. alot of people believe that live action movies are dorky "cosplay" movies, i was surprised that the dragonball movie made it and even then, it didn't get really good reviews, loads of people hated it. really only the die-hard fans enjoyed it. do you know another great CG movie that also never made it to theatres? Final fantasy: spirits within. that movie was also bad ass. they may be underground but they do get some type of publicity and they are played in convention "theatres". and to be honest almost no anime movie or anime related movie makes it to theatres, I mean Death note was only seen on one day i believe and only a certain amount of tickets were made so they sold out fast but did it actualy make it to "theatres" (meaning it was out on the movie theatre for several weeks with regular times and more than one theatre room) no, it didn't.

as for movies that no one has really heard of there are ways of manipulating the storyline so it fits, makes sence and doesn't need any prior knowledge. you wanna know how i know this? look at the movie Serenity. it was based off of a cancelled TV show that was AMAZING but was put on at an odd time so it barely got any viewers. Loads of people loved it but a great mant more never knew of its existance, untill the movie came out, now it may have not brought the show back to air but it did allow the previously made episodes come back on the SciFi channel, allowing people to view it. and in my opinion it should have taken the place of stargate if it had come back to air.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
RedRose;187420 said:
they may have never went to theatre but are they not still popular? they still make it to DVD and any anime fan looking for it will find it. I mean if they did make a live action movie what garantee do we have that it won't turn out like prince of persia? hello! an M rated game being done by disney?! WTF!!! that's like God of War 4 being made without brutality and gore. alot of people believe that live action movies are dorky "cosplay" movies, i was surprised that the dragonball movie made it and even then, it didn't get really good reviews, loads of people hated it. really only the die-hard fans enjoyed it. do you know another great CG movie that also never made it to theatres? Final fantasy: spirits within. that movie was also bad ass. they may be underground but they do get some type of publicity and they are played in convention "theatres". and to be honest almost no anime movie or anime related movie makes it to theatres, I mean Death note was only seen on one day i believe and only a certain amount of tickets were made so they sold out fast but did it actualy make it to "theatres" (meaning it was out on the movie theatre for several weeks with regular times and more than one theatre room) no, it didn't.

well not everyone likes anime....in fact...some people, like myself, actually HATE anime...as for what u said about prince of persia, i agree that if disney uses general "disney guidelines" it will suck...then again, disney is not the same as it used to be, like with pirates of the caribbean....but who says disnye would do dmc? wat if peter jackson did it? it all depends on the director and producer....and u know wat? DOOM was an amazing live action video game movie....and dragonball was kick ass as well....it all depends on who does the movie...but cg would kill the entire franchise...see...i LOVE final fantasy 7...but when AC came out...i was really disappointed by the entire thing....in fact...now the only thing i like about 7 is Cloud...the whole story intrigued me...and then crap like ac destroyed it....u really want dmc to die the same way?

RedRose

Kael
GamblingGambitCloud;187422 said:
well not everyone likes anime....in fact...some people, like myself, actually HATE anime...as for what u said about prince of persia, i agree that if disney uses general "disney guidelines" it will suck...then again, disney is not the same as it used to be, like with pirates of the caribbean....but who says disnye would do dmc? wat if peter jackson did it? it all depends on the director and producer....and u know wat? DOOM was an amazing live action video game movie....and dragonball was kick ass as well....it all depends on who does the movie...but cg would kill the entire franchise...see...i LOVE final fantasy 7...but when AC came out...i was really disappointed by the entire thing....in fact...now the only thing i like about 7 is Cloud...the whole story intrigued me...and then crap like ac destroyed it....u really want dmc to die the same way?

DOOM? DOOM sucked it had absolutely NOTHING to do with the actual storyline. the DOOM games were about inmates in a prison on mars destroying mutant demons from hell because there were portals being formed.

the movie was about scientists doing illegal experiments to make superhumans and they turned out to be monsters. TOTALY different. now if you had no prior knowledge to the game then sure it was a good movie. but for those people who had an idea of what the videogame was like then it was god awful. it didn't even attempt to make a tie in with the game storyline.

RedRose

Kael
none the less, fact of the matter is i believe you're just biased, i mean even you admitted that you hated anime, yet DMC, FF, ect. are all anime-ish, even if they are videogames. the onlt one that i believe we mentioned that isn't (at least japanese anime anyway) is DOOM, because that's american, not japanese. all the other games we've mentioned, including i believe preince of persia have some form of japanese root which usualy means they are anime-ish. Hell, even Metal Gear is japanese!

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
devil may cry is so far from anime...ill give ya final fantasy, but only the early versions and nintendo versions are...they have changed their image and aren't anime anymore....dmc is only related to anime BY the anime series and manga books...that's it...nothing else...the rest is all stylized to look nothing like anime

RedRose

Kael
GamblingGambitCloud;187429 said:
devil may cry is so far from anime...ill give ya final fantasy, but only the early versions and nintendo versions are...they have changed their image and aren't anime anymore....dmc is only related to anime BY the anime series and manga books...that's it...nothing else...the rest is all stylized to look nothing like anime

not true, DMC is actualy quite anime, and FF is still anime as well. DMC has the deep dark gothic style which japan is known for and if you've noticed Dante's guns one is silver the other black, now there is one anime that has a very similar character, storyline, and guns that came out BEFORE DMC...and that would be Hellsing. and many of the creators of DMC are also japanese.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If DMC was an live action movie (like real not CGI), Then surely the DT would have to be cgi? Or would there be another way of doing the DT look?

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
ur a racist then...just because they're japanese doesn't mean it's anime....and it may have gotten it's IDEAS from an anime...but they also got their ideas from classic literature too...HELLO...Inferno....Paradise Lost...all those...so it's not soley from anime....also,Japan isn't the only place thats known for dark gothic styles...u can relate any civilization to that...i mean...namco is a japanese game developer, and even though there are japanese charaters, it is not anime....same can be said for tekken...and to just clarify about final fantasy,they don't hold to the anime graphics nor art styles, so it is not considered an anime....maybe they used to be, but definitely not in present day gaming

as for wat u said VB....yeah...they would probably cg the DT....but that would be good...cuz the whole movie wouldnt be....i wouldn't mind if they did a 300 kinda thing

RedRose

Kael
GamblingGambitCloud;187436 said:
ur a racist then...just because they're japanese doesn't mean it's anime....and it may have gotten it's IDEAS from an anime...but they also got their ideas from classic literature too...HELLO...Inferno....Paradise Lost...all those...so it's not soley from anime....also,Japan isn't the only place thats known for dark gothic styles...u can relate any civilization to that...i mean...namco is a japanese game developer, and even though there are japanese charaters, it is not anime....same can be said for tekken...and to just clarify about final fantasy,they don't hold to the anime graphics nor art styles, so it is not considered an anime....maybe they used to be, but definitely not in present day gaming

as for wat u said VB....yeah...they would probably cg the DT....but that would be good...cuz the whole movie wouldnt be....i wouldn't mind if they did a 300 kinda thing

hey that's below the belt I am NOT racist! and I know DMC has roots to the literature of Dante Alegheri! it ties in a little bit of everywhere! I never said DMC was full on anime! i just said -ish. I know there are mant other roots that tie into the DMC storyline, I know there are not only japanese producers on the DMC team and I also know that just because someone is japanese means that they automaticaly like anime, i have friends that hate it, practicaly despise it because it's a huge freaking steriotype.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
my point exactly...so don't say that it's anime because it's creators are japanese...and if it resembles an anime, then more power to it...but that doesn't make it's style anime and it most certainly does not make the characters anime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom