• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry Movie 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
Crimson Claw;203638 said:
I haven't read all 15 pages of the discussion so forgive me if what I say is a repetition of anyone's opinion but...

Seeing as both Dante and Vergil have out-of-this-world awesome looks, I really can't imagine any actor trying to act as them. So no, cross out live-action for me. Like Luna13 says, as long as the right equipment and team are on the job, we can expect more from CGI than live-action.

LOL @ Lexy's post... yeah, let Keanu be an inanimate object that wouldn't block our views of Dante/Vergil. :cool:
Exactly! Even though there are lots of mortals out there who were cross-dressing as any of the characters from DMC, especially as either Dante or Vergil, I couldn't point out or name one who could successfully imitate them. So no hopes for that.

Karen_Azalea

Best Super Penguin ^^
Another thing is if ever there will be one, no doubt that the actors and actresses in the movie will be for sure sooner or later dig their graves the hell out. Imagine, performing those tricks seen in the game perfectly seems unlikely human. But since we are now in the modern tech, they would be at least much secure to do it. But I suspect it wouldn't be as great as how the game presents.

dvlsnvrcry432

if they do make the devil may cry movie then it should be in CGI like the games or like the Final Fantasy movies (even though i think those suck too). i have a clip of...something. dont know exactly what it is but it features live action (or some extremely real-looking CGI) Dante and Nero on my fanpop site called The Sons of Sparda.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
If Capcom thinks CGI is too costly and time-consuming, they can always go back to animations like the DMC anime. It won't be as awesome as CGI, but it beats the crap out of live-action, anytime, anyday.

Eris Strife

The Discordian Trickster
I think Capcom should create a series of anime to fill in the gap between DMC and DMC4, and hopefully use that chance to give us all an explanation on why Nero made an appearance. But if they're going to make the same mistake as in DMC2, then I'd rather they do nothing. XD

Lady Nevan

I really don't mind the film is cgi or real movie. I wanna scream and I must say ''Let's rock Dante'' when I watched it.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Revival of the dreaded thread!!!!
Not really. Still no news about a movie anyway.
Thought I'd share this with you guys:

dante-devil-may-cry-tom-cruise.jpg

^o_O How WRONG is that!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
My eyes! My eyes! >_<

very wrong indeed! So wrong it made me say indeed - a word i never use!

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
....... No...... Tom Cruse..... Hell no..... Just..... *gouges eyes out*..... Crap.... I need new eyes now XP

Osaka

trollololol
I hate you for showing that! God damnit! D=

edit: I'm going to have nightmares after this. ;.;

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^ROFL! I love your reactions :lol: BIG FIAH!
I'm trying to find a Vergil lookalike but then again, I'll probably end up with another Tom Cruise, LOL

aoshi

Truth is images look alike. But dont think characters would.Imagine dante jumpin on a couch stating he is in love.I think that is a more disturbing view.

Non-gamers always find the worst perspective on games. Which explains the movie adaptations. Stay away from non-gamers.:p

Osaka

trollololol
Looking around the net, I've found everything from johnny depp, Keanu reaves, Owen Wilson and Christian Bale to play Dante ; the idea of jason statham to play vergil is a "WTF" moment of thinking as well as Leonardo DiCaprio for nero.

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Lol, i never thought i`d go mainstream...
Tom Cruise has VERY wrong face features to star as Dante, erm, actually, he`s phat and short compared to what Dante should be like.

Sparda posted some perfect actor matches, but i`m too lazy to look for them.

And uhm, DiCaprio as Nero.. that does not sound so bad, i mean Nero fails afterall, so it`s like they met their match.

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Osaka;220953 said:
the idea of jason statham to play vergil is a "WTF" moment of thinking as well as Leonardo DiCaprio for nero.

WTF! :huh: Jason Statham actually might be able to pull Vergil off. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom