• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil May Cry: Abandon Hope/Mission Of Faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Hey guys... for those of you not following my "General DMC5 Brainstorm" thread, this is the beginning of a script for a DMC story me and a bunch of the other members (you know who you guys are :D) put together. It does introduce Angels into the storyline but they are very different from the Bayonetta versions, no connection with them whatsoever so it isn't really a rip off idea. Now for the stories time line... it takes place roughly 7 years after the events of DMC4... and 2 years after the events of DMC2... It was never said when DMC2 took place so I am doing my own time frame. Dante's attitude & persona are a cross between DMC1 & DMC4. His DMC2 personality will be left out (I just assume it was a terrible Capcom mistake so I will ignore his quiet, ultra serious persona.) Dante will also be a lot more in touch with his demon side, from his time in hell but I will go through all that in the story. Nero will be more mature than his DMC4 persona but will still be very fiery. Power wise... Dante will finally show what he can do and I think fans will be very impressed and Nero will show what the Devil Bringer can really do.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Some Of The Main Characters

=Dante=
Dante's power has grown unimaginable, he has even eclipsed his father after spending 2 years in hell (20years in hell time,his body has only aged the 2 years however) constantly fighting off endless hordes of demons. But the constant combat has taken its toll on Dante and his demon side has been brought much closer to the surface, revealing a new side of the Legendary Hunter. However, his destiny is far greater than he could have ever imagined as he will be faced with a mission of epic proportions and will head for a battle with the greatest power in known history in a showdown for the ages.

=Nero=
Having rebuilt Fortuna and marrying Kyrie, Nero has enjoyed his new life, leading his own Holy Knights which he handpicked. There numbers are greater than ever and follow their leader with unwavering loyalty. Nero has kept demon numbers to a minimum, his own demonic powers much more evolved and matured. However, as demons begin to pour onto the human realm and a new threat rises, Nero will need to prepare for the fight of his life without help from the Devil Hunter, Dante.

=Trish=
Perhaps the most saddened by Dante's decision to enter hell, she awaits the return of the man who saved her from her creator, Mundus and set her free to have a life of her own. But will she get the same man back or will she be faced with a more demon than human Dante?

=Lady=
Although Lady tries to remain strong and ignore the fact that her closest male friend is gone, possibly for good, she cannot keep up the mirage very well and it becomes obvious as she tries to bury herself with demon hunting.

=Lucia=
Umm... much cooler than her DMC2 self LOL. But seriously, she is much sexier and has come to accept her demonic background. She eagerly awaits the return of the Legendary Devil Hunter.

=Kyrie=
Now a much stronger woman, she is very skilled with a sword (a Katana) and has no problems taking on lesser demons that invade Fortuna. Loves her young husband, Nero, more than anything.

=Hunter : Ur - Ithctala, Lord of Nightmares=
A devil hunter bound by holy chains to do the bidding of the Angels. While it seems this very skilled person is bound by the Angels for no good reason, he has a secret identity that, if uncontrolled by the Angels, would reveal itself and become a great threat to humanity. Nero will at first befriend the seemingly tortured "human" but soon discover the mans true identity, an ancient evil of amazing power.

=Drakon=
A young man who is "employed" by the Angels to do their bidding, he is given powers that exceed that of an ordinary human in return for doing the Angels "dirty work". However, Drakon is a man with honor and integrity and will not do anything that goes against his beliefs. A very skilled swordsman, especially for a man so young.

=Lucifer the Benevolent=
The most powerful female Archangel, Lucifer is, unlike the classic "real Lucifer" a very caring, wise and compassionate Angel. She believes all life is equal and views humans as just as important as Angels. She is possibly the most beautiful being in heaven and has a connection with Dante's late mother, Eva. Also, she loves her sister, Katastrophie, more than anything, even if she doesn't agree with her ways.

=Katastrophie the Destroyer=
Katastrophie, the twin sister of Lucifer, is her exact opposite. She believes humans and demons are "pathetic and weak" and will not hesitate to kill weak or independent Angels who do not follow their masters orders. She does, however, love her sister Lucifer with all her heart and constantly tries to persuade her sister to abandon her compassion for the "lesser beings" as she believes they are "better than that".

=Sons Of Chaos=
Three very powerful Devil Knights released from hell to gain control of the Earth realm. Serve as the "big bad" enemies in Nero's story and they have a failsafe power in case of defeat... the ability to fuse their entities into a horrible, very powerful being - Chaos Incarnate.

=Archangel General=
The "big bad" of Dante's story (the entire plot also), he is the original Angel and the ruler of heaven. His power has never been challenged and he rules over all of heavens forces with an iron fist. Most high Devils were once Angels who had their A$$ booted out of heaven by this guy. More will be revealed later... This enemy will blow your mind!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I can't wait for the script. Too bad the archangel general doesn't have a name though.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
This is a small portion of the opening scene as it is...
... It will be told in game format

=Black Screen, Dante Narrating=

"It is said that a demons true power lies in his connection to the underworld."

=Flash of the demon world, the full on fire and brimstone, a lava filled world--- Cut back to black screen=

"That no demon can unlock his real potential without tasting a good amount of hell..."

=Cuts to a large, 30 foot tall, very muscular demon with horns rising to its full height and roaring--- Cut back to black screen=

"If that's the case..."

=Cuts to the large demon stopping mid roar as a large broadsword pierces through its head and the camera slowly pans up to reveal Dante standing on top of it, slowly pushing Rebellion through the monsters face.

"Lets Rock!"

=Cuts back to a black screen as credits appear and it slowly lights up, showing a large, overhead view of a hellish, lava filled valley. It quickly cuts to the running feet of demons. There are so many, the ground rumbles. The camera pans out to reveal hundreds of demons running, some small, lesser demons, others towering, high demons...

I'll leave you with that until I finish ;)

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
=The camera slowly speeds up... flying over the top of the demons to what they are running for. The camera finally gets ahead of the hordes and slows down as it zooms in on Dante, his head down, Ebony in one hand, Ivory in the other.

"But gaining that power means embracing the demon within."

Dante looks up, revealing ominous glowing red eyes and a demonic aura flaming off his body (think DMC1 when he repels the motorbike Trish threw at him). The first of the demons reach him and he engages then with Ebony & Ivory, skillfully blowing countless demons to pieces while dodging them with amazing agility.

"I have been in hell for 20 years, so needless to say, I have had my fair share of playtime"
(Remember what I said about hell time)

As more demons attack, Dante jumps back with a triple backflip, holsters his twin handguns and equips Rebellion, the blade slightly glowing red. All of a sudden he attacks full force, slashing with blinding speed and tramendous strength. He takes out a wave of them and sees even more coming for him. He cracks his neck and smiles.

"Showtime!"

He seemingly dissapears, moving at such speed he can't even be seen (think RE5 Wesker). He reapears right in the middle of the demons and, with a mighty 360 degree slash, send dozens of demons into the air, he dissapears again and reapears in front of about 10 demons, slashing them all with dazzling swordplay in less than a second. This amazing display carries on for about 30 seconds, simply overwhelming the entire demon army. He performs blinding combos, supercharged Stingers, insane shockwave attacks (Overdrive) and also some showoff moves where he throws Rebellion. Some of the larger demons sweep massive battle axes at him but he dissapears just before they hit, making the axes hit a large number of the lesser demons. He reappears a short distance away and sends a devastating shockwave, slicing about 3 of the huge demons in half at the same time. After diminishing the numbers to just one, weak demon, Dante walks towards the cowering creature. He puts Rebellion away and reaches out, grabbing the demon by the throat. He mercilessly punches through the creatures chest, his fist glowing with demonic power.

"But the longer I stay down in this hole, the less and less human I feel. And since it doesn't look like I will be going anywhere anytime soon... I may as well fit in with my new family and rock this party."

He looks back over his shoulder and the camera pans back out revealing thousands of demons running towards the Demon Hunter. The screen would go black and the title Devil May Cry 5 Mission of Faith would fill the screen. Hope you like Dante's high action opener :D

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That's kind of cruel, killing that one defenseless demon by punching him through the chest... Shows that Dante's kinda lost his humanity. I feel bad for that ONE last guy... Doesn't matter who he is, that was MEAN Dante... lol.

HaleBlackenedAngel

Moonlight Demon
I think it's super super super cool :D, I really can see this teaser in front of me and it looks really awesome xD

But I'm not sure if I'm satisfied with the title though :ninja:

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
HAHA yeah me either to be honest but nothing else really did it for me so I settled on it... kinda fitting when the whole story is revealed

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Well Nero & Dante both have different story names... bah I'll just stick with MOF lol @ least till I get the story done

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
Dante Prologue Level
Location - Chaotica, the lowest level of Hell

The Devil Within
Come To Grips With Dantes Demonic Might

This is just a level for beginners AND veterans to experience Dante's new power. You will basically just fight multiple demons, starting with lesser demons then battling mid-high demons. Chaotica is the lowest level of hell, the environment constantly changing, from lava shooting out of the ground to rain falling from crimson skies to lightning and thunder. Not only that but the landscape in writhing like infinite beings are under the surface, struggling to escape. Demonic arms occassionally burst from the ground, trying to grab and pull victims to the abyss underneath. Also, this level is where killed demons go so if something were to die here, they will cease to exist. I will list the enemies here soon and the last one you face will be a real treat.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
CHAOTICA

Although this is only a Prologue level, the action is intense and the environment and landscape constantly change. Large parts of the ground will randomly collapse revealing writhing demon bodies underground and leave enormous, flaming abysses up to 50 feet in diameter. Dante can, however, jump these distances easily. Also, to keep with the Chaos theme of Chaotica, sometimes parts of the ground will crack and suddenly raise into small rocky mountains. Large chunks of earth will float around, giving Dante the ability to jump from piece to piece by simply hitting the jump button at the right time. Also, at times it will be spewing flames and lava out of the ground, then it might suddenly change to a very dark, windy environment with pelting rain and thunder & lightning. Then, at times, it will change to a very earth like appearance but with steam geysers shooting out of the ground randomly. Basically, it is messed up LOL... Also, Dante can grab car sized boulders and throw them at enemies.

=Devil Arms=
-Rebellion
-Unarmed Combat

=Guns/Long Range=
-Ebony & Ivory
-Summoned Swords (Demon Magic Style)-
=> This is on the first run, what Dante starts with

Prologue Level Enemies

Abadonus - Enormous, 30 foot tall demons that wield huge, demonic battle
axes. They are immensely strong and very powerful in melee
combat. Many parts of their body are covered in thick, black
armor. Their one weakness is their slow speed which Dante can
easily use to his advantage considering his immense speed and
strength.
=Grab= Dante will block a punch from Abadonus, grab its arm and
actually flip the demon over his head, sending it sprawling
on its stomach/face. He then jumps high into the air and lands
on its head, stabbing through the demons face.

Empowered Marionette - In this pit of hell, Marionettes can stand and
attack by their own will. While much stronger than their DMC1
counterparts, they are still pathetic compared to Dante. They
can, however, become a problem when 10-20 are attacking at
once. They can use their threads as whip like weapons, infused
with demonic magic.
=Grab= Dante will grab the Marionette by the arms and rip the demon in
half. He will then, with blinding speed, throw both pieces at
the nearest enemies, stunning them.

Drainer - A gigantic demon mosquito capable of draining even the strongest
demons. However, they have very little combat prowess. They tend
to be very weak against gun attacks. More annoying than deadly.
=Grab= Dante will violently pull the Drainer out of the air, he then
spins around and throws the Drainer, yelling "Pull!" He equips
Ebony and sais "Jackpot!" as he destroys the Drainer with a
supercharged, magical bullet.

Blade II - Like the original Blade but the Blade II has much longer claws
and is twice as muscular, but not larger. Despite its immense
bulk, the Blade II is, in fact, faster than the original
version, and can attack with multiple melee, charge and long
claw attacks. Can also use charged, demon magics.
=Grab= Dante impales the Blade II with Rebellion and continuesly
smashes the demon overhead, back and forth, slamming it into
the ground on either side of him before swiping it around his
body in a 360 degree slash, sending the Blade II rocketing into
the nearest enemy.

Kyklops II - A larger, stronger Kyklops, this creature can not only gather
dirt in its mouth and fire rocks, but it can also stick its head
in the ground a la Phantom and summon large pillars of sharp stone.
Its armor is weaker when using this attack. It can also perform a
Stinger more like Phantom and attack with multiple melee moves with
its legs, pincers & tail.
=Grab= Dante will dash behind Kyklops II, and grab its tail. He then jumps
onto its head and shoves it tail into its own mouth rather
violently, making it shoot demonic energy through its own head,
causing massive damage. He then jumps down in front of Kyklops and
punches it in the face, sending it flying.

SUB-BOSS
Phantom

This classic villain once again faces off against the Son of Sparda.
Phantom has been feeding on lower demons constantly, growing
stronger and he will not miss the chance to even the score with
Dante. He can attack with all the classic moves along with a few
new surprises. He can even manipulate the environment to his
advantage. While he is stronger than DMC1 Phantom, Dante is much
more powerful, diminishing Phantoms chances of laying a pincer
on the Devil Hunter. Finish Phantom off once and for all.

=Special Attack=
Dante will dodge a few melee attacks with unbelievable speed
(teleport speed) and stab all of Phantoms legs before slicing off
the demons tail. He then jumps high in to the air before performing
a super Rain Storm with Ebony & Ivory before landing, picking
Phantom up, throwing him into a wall and finally, grabbing his
detached tail and impaling the demon through his abdomen.
A cutscene (soon to be posted) will end Phantom for good :(

Cutscenes coming soon (when I think them up LOL). What do you guys think so far. Remember, this isn't even the start of Dante's missions!

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
While this is merely a prologue, I have to say... well, I can't say anything... It's that good!

On the note of Phantom dieing forever... Poor guy. Just trying to make his mark and survive. But, he kinda deserved it... Jerk. :p

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
As always,awesome.And stylish.Good work man.I'd like to see one more of the old bosses back.Berial would fit the whole hell place.Even as a sub-boss.I just get that feeling.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
OK guys... this is the scene between Dante & Phantom-

-Dante is walking casually when a massive fireball comes flying towards the devil hunter. With immense speed, Dante grabs Rebellion, spins around and, with the sword glowing with his own power, smashes the fireball back to its source. The ball explodes in the face of a very familiar creature from Dante's mission on Mallet island - Phantom!
"Baaah... you're a quick little insect, just like I remember!" Dante smiles and puts Rebellion away and walks towards Phantom, almost excited. "Big guy, I sure didn't expect to see you down here, man is it good to see a familiar face." Dante casually jumps up onto Phantoms pincer. "I've missed you pal," he sais mockingly before knocking on the demons rock skin. Phantom begins to glow red with anger. "You arrogant scum! I've been waiting for this day for so long... my powers are much greater down here... I'll school you good boy!" With that, Phantom swipes his pincer, sending Dante flying who lands easily on his feet. "Yeah, you sure do feel it down here alright! But I'll feel bad if I kick your ass AGAIN... why don't you just scurry along and I'll let your insults slide... come on dude, I'm giving you an out!" Dante turns his back on the large demon and motions for him to leave. Phantom reveals his tail and tries to impale Dante with his back turned. Dante jumps high into the air and Phanton is even further angered when he realises Dante has landed and is sitting on his head with his legs dangling in Phantoms face and Rebellion in hand, resting on his shoulder. "You guys just don't learn do ya's? Oh well, I guess it would be rude of me not to give you one last crack at the title." Dante jumps off Phantom, backflipping and landing a short distance from Phanton with his sword in hand. Phantom glows even more, lava flowing quickly through his body. "Hahaha, the Son of Sparda will definately keep me full for a while, it's just a pity you're still so small! Are you ready boy, coz there's no playin' around this time!" Dante opens his arm and with a smile on his face, replies "I wouldn't have it any other way."

-Phantom Fight-

Phantom is impaled against the wall with his own tail, screeching in pain, his legs slices all over. "Gaah, your power is... amazing... you are far stronger than even the Legendary Sparda... *spluttering coff's*..." Dante stands in front of Phantom "So are you done now, or are you still determined to die?" Phantom tries to rip himself off the wall. "I'll kill you one way or the other... You're not even a pure demon... *spluttering cough's*" Dantes eyes glow more intense and a demonic aura appears around him. All of a sudden Dante's personality becomes a lot darker and he staggers slightly under his own power. Phantom is staring at Dante when he sees an image of Dante's demon form standing behind the demon hunter, an amazing beast that instills fear in the dying devil. "No... it is impossible... you are half human... how can you possess such strength?" Dante looks at Phantom and with a partially demonic voice whispers "Half human?" With that, dozens of red, glowing, summoned swords appear all around Dante, all aimed at Phantom. "No!" Phantom screams. At once, they all shoot towards Phantom and bury themselves in his body. Dante holds his hand out and clenches his fist. Phantom explodes in a brilliant display of demonic power. The camera pans in on Dante as the aura and intense glow fade away and he seems to snap back to his human personality. Dante looks at his hand "What the hell was that all about?"

-I just threw it together then so you like?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow... So, it's like his death scene in DMC, but magnified by dozens because he got impaled that many times... I think it would be more cruel if Dante DIDN'T kill him. He'd be stuck there for the rest of his life, impaled by his own tail and dozens of enchanted swords...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom