• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry 5 - Hell's Angels

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"Well whoever you are, you've just dropped us both into the heart of the battle" Lady panicked, reaching for her sub-machine guns. "Here, have one of my swords" Lucia said, passing one to her. "I don't really fight with swords, but I'll give it a go" she replied, impaling a nearby demon with it as she spoke. "Hm, I could get use to this" she added, stabbing more demons as they arrived.​

As the demons fell, Vergil and the gang regained their cool and were easily dispatching them with ease. "Nero needs us, we have to get to him" came the worry in Vergil's voice.​

.....................................................................................​

Below all of the fighting above, Nero still lay crushed by the small rock. The large Demon General advanced forward, proud of himself. He smugly wandered over to Nero's spot, and lifted his sword. Nero looked into the air to witness this action. The General slammed the sword towards the ground as quickly as he could, the end met Nero's skin as it pierced right through him, sticking him to the ground. As he lay impaled forcefully by the sword, he looked up once again. He doubted his survival greatly. A single tear strolled down his face, his thoughts of his future with Kyrie sure to be ruined. The General released the blade that had dealt so much damage, lifting it into the air again. There was a pause, then he spoke to Nero. "You could of been so much more than this" came the General's voice. Nero stared up into the sky, he could see the large demon's face. "Go...To...Hell" he replied, mustering the strength to speak. "I was born in Hell" the General answered, raising his sword once more into the darkness of the night sky. "NOW DIE!!!" he screamed, hurtling the blade downwards again. Nero erupted from the spot like lava spurting from a volcano, the demonic spectral in the background. His sword met the end of the General's sword, he knocked it back with all his might. "ARGH!!" came the cry from the demon, angered at Nero's escape.​

Vergil and the rest of the gang made their way to the cliff edge, they looked down on the scene. "Do you think he could use a hand?" Trish wondered. "It wouldn't go amiss" Vergil replied. He then noticed Lucia standing next to Lady, but didn't bother asking who she was or what she was doing there. "Only one of you should go with me" Vergil stated, looking at the three. Lucia stepped forward. "I'll go" she said. "Very well" Vergil replied, and the two of them descended down to give Nero a hand.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Nero was still in his demonic form. Somehow he had managed to bring out the Devil within him without the help of Yamato. The General struck again, his large heavy sword swooped across the air in a nice clean slice. Suddenly Vergil landed in front of Nero, a dark blue aura surrounding him. The side of the blade reached Vergil's left side, but as it did it stopped and was unable to continue. It was as if Vergil's powerful aura was resisting the power of the General's sword attack and pushing it back. Eventually the Demon General's arms flew backwards and his sword was flung out of his hands. As it hurtled through the air, the large demon turned and pursued his blade. Nero, still in his demonic form, raced after the demon and extended the Devil Bringer. As his arm stretched forwards, his hand grabbed the demon around the neck and pulled back, the General fell and smashed into the ground. At this point, Vergil had caught up with Nero who was slashing the demon with Red Queen. He joined in by slicing away with Yamato. The large demon received many large wounds. He wasn't down for too long however, he smashed his fists on the ground and sent himself back upright from the sheer force of the punches he had laid on the Earth. He then kicked Nero away with his left foot and turned his attention to Vergil, who was midway through executing an attack, when the demon shot out a large tentacle from its back which wrapped its way around Vergil and started to crush him. To his rescue, Lucia arrived in her demonic form and cut away at the tentacle, freeing Vergil from its deadly grasp. She then threw two large blades directly at the demons eyes. One of them was a successful throw, the other just narrowly missed.​

Now the fight was more so in their favor, because the demon had been blinded in one eye. Enraged by this, it grew slightly bigger somehow and more tentacles lashed out and knocked Vergil and Lucia away from where it was standing. Suddenly they were faced with a demon almost as tall as the likes of The Savior. Which out of the three, only Nero was unfortunate enough to of battled face to face. As the three regrouped, they were planning to charge at the General head on all at once and unleash a barrage of attacks from different directions. They were not so lucky with their plan, because at that moment in time lightning struck down and severely injured them all. Nero however, who seemed to be the one who would never go down easily, got back up first and forcefully slashed the General's legs with Red Queen. The huge beast stomped down on the ground, but Nero jumped upwards in the air and extended his Devil Bringer once more. As he gripped his fingers around the back of the General's neck, he pulled himself up onto its shoulder and turned to slash the demon's face. The demon pushed his left shoulder forwards in an attempt to push Nero off, but Nero jumped up again and extended his Devil Bringer once more to punch the large demon in the face. The General fell back once more and was slumped on the mountainside, having suffered a harsh punch from Nero who punched him again before falling to the ground. Vergil and Lucia had time to recover, and they made their way over to Nero to aid him in what would be their final attack. "I don't think it'll take much now" Nero confirmed, looking up at the demon who was in a poor condition. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall" Vergil stated. Lucia attacked by throwing two small knives into the demon's heart. Nero attacked by firing a charged shot from Blue Rose into the demon's head. And Vergil attacked by throwing Yamato towards the demon's neck, to behead it. As the katana made its way through the sky, the General gathered the last bit of its strength and stuck out its left hand to which Yamato sliced through several fingers and flew off somewhere behind the General.​

In his last almighty attempt to prove his strength, he reached out his right hand and grabbed something. Vergil was now without a sword, but Lucia lent him one of her cutlaseers as to which he thanked her for. "Okay, time to die big guy" Nero claimed, charging Red Queen's exceed gauge. "I don't think so, little one" the demon replied, showing them what was in his right hand. "You move an inch, she dies" he threatened.​

"KYRIE!!" Nero cried into the sky. "The perfect end to a perfect day. We shall see if my Master is pleased with my work" the General said, pleased with himself. Meanwhile, Lady and Trish were still fighting off the surrounding demons, oblivious to what was happening with the rest of the gang.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante had never felt so much pain in all his years of demon slaying. His demonic powers were being drained from him, all to remain would be his human form. "Not long now Dante. Can you feel it?" The Sheriff said, rejoicing.​
"You can be so much more than this" Dante answered. The Sheriff laughed.​
"I cannot kill you, even though I'd like to" Dante continued.​
"You couldn't kill me even if you wanted to. Not in your condition" The Sheriff replied.​
"I wouldn't do it because I care about my brother" Dante said back, in anger.​
"Huh. Do you think I care?" The Sheriff scorned.​
"Not in the slightest".
"Then why are you telling me this?" The Sheriff wondered.​
"I don't know. I just thought maybe there was a time when being a dad meant something to you" Dante said, clutching at straws.​
"There was a time. Before she died, and I realized that I was too weak" The Sheriff stated.​
"So you gave into evil. But for what? Because you lost the one you loved?" Dante continued to question.​
"ENOUGH! You're really pushing it, Dante. Carry on, and I'll end your life before the great one arrives" The Sheriff made clear.​
"The great one, huh. You mean Mundus, the one who wants to destroy all the love and decency in this world. Love that you are aware of, that you have felt before. Nero is the one thing you have left in this world, and you're giving him up for more power. You're not strong, you're stupid. Blinded by the errors of your ways" Dante said, pushing it further.​
The Sheriff drew his blade and looked Dante dead in the eyes. There was a pause, the blade was positioned towards Dante. The Sheriff closed his eyes. Dante closed his.​
The sound of metal hit the ground. Dante slowly opened his eyes. The Sheriff was gone.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
That's when things really started to get interesting. Enough of Sparda's blood had poured onto the seal that had banished Mundus back to the Underworld. And the lavas of Hell were certainly starting to boil and esculate their way to the surface of this battered and tortured World of ours.​
This night would decide the fate of humanity. The heros and villains duelling to determine who in the end the victor will be. The end was very close. Too close for comfort. The air thicker, colder, murkier. The Earth before them split. The seeping lava oozed. The magma rocks so volcanic below, scorching your very feet on touch. A cataclysm of doom and peril awaiting the devil hunters.​
And then one voice was heard from the dark depths beneath them all.​
"Welcome to Hell"...
Everybody froze. Time stopped. Everyone fell silent. Not even the sound of breathing was heard. A jolt of an electrical pulse surged upwards into the night sky, so far it almost tangled with the moon itself. And then, in the sky above them, a figure started to form. This figure was growing at a rapid rate. Bigger and bigger did it become. The body of the most foulest, most awful demon in history had been fully reformed and restored. Its voice ruffled through the wind, dark and deadly. Sending a cool chill of malice to everything below.​
"Ahhhh...Human air" Mundus began. Then his attention fell onto the demon general standing tall below him. "Olvac. It is good to see you again. You have not failed me, yet".
"Master Mundus. Everything you had wished has gone according to plan" Olvac replied.​
Down below, Nero and Vergil and the girls were unable to move. Threatened that Kyrie would be crushed to death by the mighty demon before them.​
"Well well well...Isn't this strange and ironic? The words of a pathetic halfling that once faced me many years ago. The legendary Dante. But, where are you now?" Mundus laughed.​
"Dante's blood is what awakened you, my Master. He is dying as we speak in Limbo City" Olvac informed his dark lord.​
"This is most pleasing to my ears after all this time away. I see no use for the girl you are holding. She seems like a worthless human. You know what we do with humans, don't you?" Mundus questioned his servant.​
"Yes Master" Olvac responded. "We kill them".
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO. LET HER GO!!!!!!" Nero bellowed. Olvac's grasp tightened, as he attempted to squash Kyrie like a fly. "Argh" Olvac cried in pain. Kyrie had pierced his hand with a small dagger. Olvac's grasp loosened, and Kyrie came falling downwards. Nero's arm outstretched and he grabbed her, pulling her close to him and to safety.​
"Hmmmm...Intriguing. I have heard all about this one. You must be Nero. They tell me you have the blood of Sparda. The blood of a pathetic traitor. I have come so far over the years. Besides Sparda's interference. Even his sons are no match for my power. No matter how many times you face me, I will prevail. I will always hold the upperhand. You of all demons should know my power, Nelo" Mundus essayed.​
Vergil's attention was heightened when he heard Mundus mention that name. "Why don't we end this little discussion and get down to some real business?" Vergil answered, drawing Yamato.​
Mundus smiled. "Always straight to the point, Vergil. Look where that got you last time".
"This time won't be like last time. I'll make sure of that myself" Vergil stated.​
"Very well". The two charged towards each other, anger spread on their faces like a disgusting disease spreading from person to person. They clashed and blood flew everywhere, as the ultimate battle closed to an end.​

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
My God. Seriously LoD, I think you've really outdone yourself here. Your fanfic seems to be as good, if not, better than any DMC story by far. If Capcom could turn this into a game and give you credit, I think it'd be the best DMC game ever made. Story wise yes and possibly gameplay wise. You made it so Dante wasn't invincible for once. You made him meet his match. And by who? A demonic sheriff? Dude, you have some really creative ideas going through that head of yours, haha... Like, as much as I love Dante, I was bothered at the fact that no one caused him any serious danger in his life... (To put him in a state where he's close to losing his life) I really enjoyed what I've read so far, and I hope you continue your work. I also like how you turned Vergil into a hero. He used to come off as an anti-hero but if anything I think you gave every DMC character more depth. Honestly, your DMC5 kicks the shyit out of so many things. Nice job man...Also, good to see you again.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm really glad that everyone is enjoying this so far, and I really do intend to keep up with this so that I can complete it. I have failed to complete a full FanFic yet out of all of mine, because I try and make them as long as possible and then work and other obligations get the better of me.

However, tomorrow I shall be on again to speak with friends that I have missed talking to. And to continue this story of mine, that I'm glad some of you are enjoying =)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Its great.

Is the sherrif Sparda?

Well I couldn't honestly outright say anything now, could I? That would spoil things. All I'm going to say is that I am going to be writing more of this later on today, and I do hope everyone enjoys reading it =)

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante didn’t move a millimetre. He was fixed to the spot he had been kneeling down on for some time, as he felt his life kissing him goodbye. “Ha. It was a fun run, I’ll give it that much”…he laughed to himself. As nobody else was around to hear him. Or so he thought that was the case, as he carried on with his own personal monologue. “I let you down kid. Whatever happens, I just hope you can forgive me, brother” Dante concluded. He tasted a few sips of the cool night air and then slumped forward on the ground. A figure approached his unflinching being. It was true to be said, Dante was going to die.​
Vergil felt the full power of Mundus’ barrage of attacks. His rebirth had only seemed to prove one thing alone. Now he had returned to the human world, he was ever more hell-bent on succeeded with his plans of full control over both worlds. Onlookers of the battle proceeding could evidently witness a fighter that was not up to scratch on how he once was. Vergil was weaker than ever before, and this time it showed greatly. Unable to block any more attacks due to lack of physical endurance, Vergil’s guard was undeniably down. And Mundus took full advantage of this, by blasting Vergil in the stomach with what felt like a flaming rock the size of a giant boulder.​
Feeling like it was his time to step in, Nero faced the biggest threat of his life so far. This time he wasn’t just facing another overgrown demon. He was being tested against a ruthless ruler, far stronger and far more advanced than any he had come across before. His heart was racing, and as his demonic blood coursed its way through his veins, he knew he was scared for what felt like the first time in his life.​
And before he had even had a chance to adjust his seatbelt or don his safety helmet, Nero had found himself under the exact same scrutiny Vergil had just faced. A tiresome case of dodging and clashing with this overgrown nemesis. It was like seeing a programme you had seen almost a thousand times. The repetitively strenuous scenario was also wearing Nero out quicker than he thought it would, and he too was knocked back by a fearsome slash from a summoned projectile.​
Nero and Vergil were struggling, and Mundus could tell he had the upper hand here. His demon allies and his right hand demon general, Olvac, hadn’t even stepped in to help. And already the opposition before him was beginning to grow tired. Mundus was greatly disappointed. Until, out from nowhere, he was cut across his arm by a flying sword. This grabbed his attention and squeezed it their tightly for several moments. If his attention had been grabbed any more by this sudden attack, it would of found itself being strangled to death. Angered, he spotted Lucia, and ordered Olvac to deal with her. It was time for the demon general to have some fun.​
In the midst of bloodshed and tyranny, Kyrie had been kept safe by Lady and Trish who had reached up with everyone else moments after Mundus had appeared on the scene. The two devil hunters continued to deal with the brutal crusade of the deadly army of demonic warriors as best they could. But this being the biggest battle they two had ever faced, they themselves were becoming worn out. With every ounce of strength from everyone, they continued to shoot, stab and slash their way through an endless sea of darkness. They really needed help.​
Olvac marched broadly towards Lucia, who didn’t seem to be all that bothered about him making his way towards her. “You shall pay with your life” Olvac threatened. Lucia ignored this comment, and pulled out something from her pocket. It was a small golden double-sided coin. She flicked it up into the air and caught it. “Heads you die. Tails you live” she said. Olvac stared at her, rather unimpressed by her actions. She revealed the result of the coin toss. “Heads.” she revealed. “Guess it’s not your lucky day” she added. Olvac’s fist came flying towards her, but was met with the hard ground. He punched out with his other fist seconds after, this time nearly pounding Lucia. She had to be more careful. Lady spotted Lucia dodging Olvac’s attacks in the near distance. “Trish, I should help her. After all, she did save my life” Lady said. “You go ahead. I’ll stay and keep Kyrie safe” Trish replied. Lady raced off to aid Lucia, as everyone else continued with their own personal struggle.​
By now, Nero and Vergil were already back to facing Mundus. This time trying a new tactic. That was, working together. And it seemed it was paying off a lot better than going it alone. Still, however, it was not coming off as great as they perhaps thought it would of done. Mundus was becoming more defensive as a result of Nero making quick and precise swings with his Devil Bringer. This allowed Vergil to advance forward more without having to be as defensive against Mundus. However, Mundus had far more tricks up his sleeve than the two of them had anticipated. As Vergil gained more distance forward and attempted to strike with Yamato, Mundus raised a pillar from the ground that obstructed Vergil’s view of him. At this point, one of Nero’s Devil Bringer swings knocked the pillar down and it came crumbling down on Vergil as a result. Another move from Mundus sent a shockwave of great force hurling towards Nero, who decided he would flip up into the air to avoid the force of the blast. Mundus propelled his body forward towards Nero’s position, just as Nero had executed this flip, having figured Nero would jump to avoid the attack. And with an uppercut swing he sent Nero flying high up into the air. Sending a few red projectile spikes up into the air that Nero attempted to block with his Devil Bringer, Nero instead found the spikes penetrating the Devil Bringer. This caused his right arm quite a lot of discomfort. And he found swinging with it afterwards something to be of great agony to him, as he realized when he came hurling back down towards Mundus and tried grabbing out to yank Mundus from his spot. Instead, Mundus simply swatted Nero, knocking him several feet away from him. At this point the battle was a laughing matter. For Mundus, at least. He had really bided his time and brushed up on his fighting skills. Something neither Nero or Vergil had been given the chance to do. So before the get go, the both of them were already at a great disadvantage against the emperor of the Underworld. As much as Vergil hated to admit it to himself or anyone else, right now they really needed Dante. In fact they needed him now, more than they had ever needed him.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
...............................................................................​
"Did you miss me?" came a man's voice, just above Dante.​
"I'm dying. I can feel it" Dante feebly replied.​
"Almost. But I can help you. Your soul and body have suffered great wounds. These wounds you carry. No other demon would manage to of lasted as long as you have. It's in your blood. It's in your nature, Dante. You weren't made for this" the man answered back.​
"We're all made to die" Dante boldly claims.​
"Here. Take my hand". The man pulls Dante to his feet again.​
"I will take you back".
.....................................................................................​
Much to Lucia's relief, Lady rather casually strolls in to help her tackle the giant demonic beast by the name of Olvac. Pulling the triggers of her sub-machine guns, she fires into the back of the evil damnation. Olvac welps a little in pain from this, but turns around more enraged. Lucia swoops forward and strikes Olvac's legs, almost demanding him to go on his knees. As he does so, Lady reaches for Kalina-Ann and sets up a shot on Olvac. As she takes aim she notices the creature is charging up a bolt of energy to fire in her direction, and instead it results in her taking evasive action instead of offensive. Lady manages to dodge out of the way of the oncoming blast that bides Olvac more time to regain his upright stance. Lucia jumps into the air and attempts to strike down on Olvac's back, but she is knocked back by his elbow and falls down to the ground. Olvac sees Lady as the weaker fighter due to her resembling more human traits, and decides to concentrate more of his attention on killing her first.​
As the two female hunters battle their demons, quite literally, Vergil and Nero are still in desperate need of a helping hand. "Hey Nero, can't you just do that arm thingy of yours and have done with this already" Vergil shouts over to him. "I wish it was that easy" Nero bellows back. The two of them notice that Mundus isn't really paying any attention to them any more, and has moved away from where he was once standing. "Hey ugly. What's wrong? We were just starting to kick your ass" Nero taunts Mundus, who laughs and turns to face Vergil.​
"Hm...I'm just wondering where your brother is Vergil? I'm sure if he had it his way, he'd be here to join us now. How unfortunate" Mundus mocks, playing on the strings of Vergil's emotions.​
...........................................................................................................​
Dante's blood continued to drip on the floor, leaving crimson trails behind him. Suddenly he was told to stop where he was. "Dante, this is the portal to take you back. When and if you're ready, step inside" the sheriff told him.​
"Aren't you coming?" Dante managed to muster.​
"I will when I'm ready" came his reply. Dante stepped forward, halfway into the portal. Turning around for one final word. "Thanks" Dante said gratefully, with a smile. The sheriff nodded in respect, and Dante turned around again and was gone.​

Top Bottom