• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Devil may Cry 5 - Hell's Angels

Dante_Slayer

Unwanted Someone
Ebony;287767 said:
Hey, I haven't had time to read this, however I'm having a lazy Sunday morning catching up on things I want to do, so I've just read it and I'm hooked. A really interesting story. Good stuff LoD you describe fight sequences really well! ^_^

I agree. I've read through, and it's pretty interesting. Hope you continue it soon, LoD ^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

"Well we can't just stand here all day long, looking at the clock ticking. Let's pack our stuff, and get a move on" Trish demanded.

"I know Dante places you as his partner, but that doesn't make you the Boss of me Trishy" Lady snarled back, packing her things.

Trish rolled her eyes and ignored Lady's remark. Taking her guns with her. With all of them appearing to be ready, they locked up the shop and set off on their venture.

Spine chilling whispers in the cold air could just be made out by Dante. As he listened to the voices of the trapped souls.

"We, once of Fortuna. Lost in this Realm of Souls forever. Wandering aimlessly, tirelessly and pointlessly".

"Wow, how depressing?" Dante muttered to himself. If anything, he knew he had to stop the Sheriff and this place from keeping these people. For this wasn't just about freeing himself, or Nero. But it was much more than that.

Vergil's eyes took a quick glance around the room. "Demons as slow as zombies. How can this be of any real challenge to me?" he scowled.

The demons flanked him at all sides, slowly advancing closer and closer. Vergil could make out certain features of himself, and his brother. And their arms appeared to be glowing, with a bright demonic essence. Much like the one he had seen glowing on Nero's arm, as he had seen earlier.

Without notice, something shot at him. He struck with Yamato, slicing away what appeared to be tentacles. But several others had latched onto him, and the sheer force had him pinned to the ground. The other tentacles wrapped around Yamato, pulling it from him. Vergil was now without a blade, with no apparent means of attack. Two tentacles stabbed him through both his legs. He was unable to move away, from the pain that was just inflicted.

Another shot from the enemies fired more tentacles into his skin, piercing it heavily. The altered creatures from Fortuna moved ever more closer to him. As he lay bleeding heavily upon the floor, with barely any space to move. The pain was beginning to be all too much. Then, his eyes stared upon a pair of feet. And he looked up at what appeared to be his own face. Demonic red eyes looking down on him, and a look of disgust on the face of the demon that had picked his sword up.

"A son of Sparda? How the mighty have fallen" it said, raising Yamato in the air...

Dante knew he had to leave Nero where he was, and go on this mission alone. Without his trusty partner, and apprentice. He had taken a more than serious liking to the boy. As if he was acting like a father figure, as well as a mentor. It was a very odd feeling he felt for Nero. One he couldn't quite fully understand. But maybe that was because of who he was and what he did. He didn't know the answer.

All he knew is that he had to check to make sure Nero was hidden out of sight, and that he would be safe. So he turned back down the alleyway where Nero was lying. Or rather, where he should of been lying.

"Nero?..." Dante said, stunned. Nero had completely vanished. Dante's heart sank, as he stood there for about a minute in silence. A tear shed from his eye, and hit the ground hard.

"Aw, what's the matter? Did you lose something?" a demonic voice asked. Dante turned his head slowly, and faced the Sheriff.

"It's just you and me now" Dante said, drawing Rebellion. Several demons joined the Sheriff to help him with the fight that was about to ensue.

"Wrong. It's you and us"

Piles of demon bodies were being chucked about the place, and torn apart effortlessly. As blood was splattering, covering all of the walls. Glass was smashing, hearts were falling out. Brains and all manner of insides were being sliced and diced, and torn and cut and ripped in the most foul and gruesomest of ways.

A bright glowing arm smashed the skull of a demon, then it knocked the dead body away. The body flew through the air, and pummelled into the wall. An awoken Nero laid carnage to the demons in the room, obliterating them one by one.

"Such power. Never have I seen such power" Vergil said, witnessing the onslaught.

Eventually, in a matter of minutes, it seemed all the demons had been destroyed at the hands of Nero. His face covered in blood, and his clothes too.

"Thanks for the help" Nero said, somewhat sarcastically. He then realised who it was he was directing his comment towards. As he had been told the stories of Dante's past by Lady and Trish, not too long ago.

"I see. You must be Dante's evil twin, Vergil. Am I correct? Did you put me in that thing?" he added.

Vergil stared in awe at Nero's arm. He could feel the immense power it was giving off. Almost hesitating to answer, he finally mustered up a response.

"Yes, it was I" he replied, slightly fearful.

His face was met with Nero's Devil Bringer, as it smacked him in the mouth. Nero then moved towards Vergil, appearing to strike him again. Vergil held out his hand, signalling for him to stop. "However. I did save your beloved Kyrie" Vergil said, knowing that would stop any further attacks from the boy.

Nero stopped, and then placed out his hand. Vergil took it, and he pulled himself up with Nero's aid. "Where is she?" Nero asked.

"She pulled you out from the machine I placed you in. The controls are above us. She must be up here" Vergil answered, pointing to the staircase.

They both ran upstairs, to the control panel. They edged slowly, and with caution. "This isn't right. I left Dante's body up here" Vergil said.

"I know Kyrie, she would of came down to see me. But, she isn't here" Nero stated, stating the most obvious. "ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" he cried, smashing the controls with the Devil Bringer and breaking them.

"Don't worry. I know where they will be. Follow me" Vergil said, as he started to walk.

Nero watched as Vergil walked away from the scene, as if nothing had happened. It appeared there was still some iciness left in his heart, after all this time. He then walked away himself, catching up with his new partner for the time being.

There was so much unexplained. So much to worry about. Was Dante going to be okay? It seemed like everyone had been helping him, but Dante had just been ignored. He felt it time to return the overdue favour. And his love, was she going to be okay? Had something already harmed her? He didn't bare to think.

Interrupting his thoughts, Vergil stopped to reassure Nero.

"Nero, Kyrie is okay. At least, for now. It is not their plan to end their lives just yet. They needed you also. That is why Mundus used me. If I wasn't lucky enough to of escaped the corruption, you wouldn't be here now. And as much as I hate to say, nor would she. But luck is on our side, so let's keep it that way. I won't let anything happen to my family. And you're as good as family to me" Vergil said, it was heart-warming.

"Yeah, you're right. Let's stay positive. Thanks man, that means a lot to me" he replied. That was all he could think to say.

And the night carried on being night, as they walked into the darkness.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

"You have no idea how much planning went into all of this, son of Sparda. And now you have yourself trapped in this Hell, all alone. Let's see how the Legendary Dante fights in a World where I run the rules" The Sheriff mocked and laughed.

Dante stretched his muscles, and readied his cocky response. "Sorry, but I'm just one demon that won't fall in line".

Dante charged forward, Rebellion held out high in the air. The Sheriff jumped back, his dark black wings outstretched as he sent lightning in Dante's direction. Dante shielded himself from the attack with Rebellion, but couldn't attack.

A little trick Dante had mustered gained him an advantage. With Rebellion shielding the attack, his dark red demonic aura was powerful enough to magically raise Ebony and Ivory. As to which fiery bullets shot into the night sky, several of them hitting the Sheriff.

None powerful enough to destroy him, or bring him to the ground. Dante made his move in the space of time the Sheriff had took to recover from the fire. However, the many demons still surrounding Dante came heading towards him.

Quicksilver came in handy for Dante, as the ravenous beasts with huge jaws slowed down. Dante shot through them like a bullet, hacking and slashing. He uppercut the last demon into the air with his right fist, and then pulverised their head with his left. The effects of Quicksilver were wearing off. And the Sheriff looked like he had more minions to summon. And a few more tricks up his malicious sleeves.

After much walking, Nero grew more and more tired.

"I've lost a lot of blood. And needless to say, thanks to you. And that last fight really took my energy. The only reason my feet carry on is to find Kyrie" Nero said, exhausted.

"If you wish to rest, we can do that. As I've said, I know where we will find Kyrie. You'll need the rest for what is about to come" Vergil stated, letting on more than Nero knew.

"Where the hell is he taking us?" Lady said, looking confused. The three were walking the streets late at night, without a clue as to where they were heading. All but one of them, the imposter.

"Right this way. Follow me ladies" 'Dante' said, leading them into an area that seemed darker than others.

There was an eerie chill to the place, one that didn't take kindly to Trish. Her demonic powers could just about make out some other demonic force being present.

"I don't trust this one bit" Trish whispered over to Lady.

Suddenly, growling noises could be made out nearby. And dark red eyes surrounded Trish, Lady and the fake 'Dante'.

"Please, come quietly. It'd be such a shame to see such beautiful girls like yourself die here. Accept failure, and my Master may spare you" the fake Dante said, glee in his voice.

"Tell your Master he can go fu..." The demons came forward, in their hordes. All manner of hell broke loose.

"**** Trish, what are we going to do?" Lady said in panic, running backwards.

"Don't worry, I was prepared for this" Trish replied, changing into some kind of Angelic Devil. Resembling Alastor, but in a female form. The light coming off from her new appearance could make out the attackers, as she slashed through them with lightning swords. Sending a forward strike of lightning that shocked and fried several demons in the way.

"Stay back and use whatever fire power you can. I'll deal with attacking head on" she informed Lady, as she ran back to finish the rest of them off.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante_Slayer;294407 said:
I like the new addition. What you've done with Trish sounds pretty cool :D

Thanks, I was hoping someone would like the way in which I went with Trish.

Just a note that I'll be updating this as soon as possible. And I'm also thinking on writing two Matrix Fics. One a serious one, one a spoof.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

The demonic creatures lingered ever closer. The ones who had been injured by Trish, still staggering around and limping. As more and more arrived, more so was it made clear to Trish and Lady that they were vastly outnumbered. Lady still had a few tricks up her sleeves, as she raised her trusty Kalina-Ann and fired a shot, clearing some demons out of the way. But still more showed up, and the fake Dante appeared to be summoning them from a nearby Hell Gate.​

"Lady, we need to shut that Gate if we're to stand any chance of surviving here" Trish pointed out, desperately.​

"Easier said than done" Lady replied, staying more clear of the demons. Trish charged forward again to slash the crawling demons with Alastor, but she was knocked back by one of them. And much to her despair, her Angelic powers were wearing off quickly.​

Lady spotted a small tower nearby, and used the grapple on Kalina-Ann to get herself up to it. On-top of the tower she had an overhead view of the scenes below. She then raised a rifle from her person, as she began to fire shots into demon's heads from above. After scanning the area below for a few seconds, the fake Dante came into her sights. "Gotcha" she said, pulling the trigger back, as the bullet pushed its way out of the end of the barrel and kissed the air for a fracture of a second. But the bullet did not meet the fake Dante however, it was met with nothing. Lady shook her head with confusion, as her response to this illusion. This was not the fake Dante, but merely some sort of hologram of his appearance. A deceiving mechanism put in place, making her unsure of where the real fake Dante was; as odd as that statement sounded to her in her mind.​

Trish however, was struggling below. She took more blows, and Lady had nearly ran empty of bullets for the rifle. It was all becoming too much for them. One final blow knocked Trish backwards against a wall, as demons came to her fallen position. Just as they had made their way towards her, growling heavily and ready to feast, they were knocked back by an outstretched arm. Once followed down from the fingertips and up this arm, we're met with the shoulder of this hero. Nero smiled to his good timing. Another demon thought to try and attack Trish's unconscious body, but Nero grabbed its head and spun it around. Pulling it towards him to face him, as the demon and him were face to face. "Pick on someone your own size" Nero said, slamming the demon into the ground with the Devil Bringer and crushing its head.​

Vergil stepped out from the shadows behind the Hell Gate, with Yamato raised in the air. The fake Dante could be heard laughing, and Vergil browsed the place before him. "Stop fooling around. Come out and face me" Vergil cried out.​

The fake Dante took a few seconds to reply, but he did. "Ah, I don't have to be so scared of you any more. The word is out that you're nothing but a failure Vergil, a weak vessel. You couldn't hold anything to your father's Legendary name and power" the fake Dante began to speak. "SILENCE! In my father's name, I will defeat you" Vergil screamed back at these comments.​

"Defeat me? Defeat a being with such strength as your brother. A perfect creation of him. More perfect than the others before. The dark Lord's power is greater than your own, you of all Devils should know this. Having successfully created a clone of your beloved mother. I bet you miss her, don't you?" the fake Dante said, bursting out laughing menacingly.​

Vergil's eyes glared redder and redder, and he let out a demonic roar that sounded for miles and miles, "I'M DONE PLAYING GAMES" Vergil's demonic voice bellowed. "Ah, seems that I've touched upon a nerve. Maybe this fight will be more challenging after all" the fake Dante responded, stepping forward from the Hell Gate in front of Vergil and raising a fake version of Rebellion.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

Dante's lifeless body was being carried up some large stone stairs by some shadowed figures. These figures human sized, like Dante, with swords sheathed on their backs. Their clothing was entirely black. The only part of their body that could be seen was their eyes, which were bright red. Needless to say these weren't humans. They made their way up the last steps, Dante's body held up in the air above them. Dante was shoved onto a concrete table before them. They bowed down to a large creature stood next to the small surroundings.​

"Master, we have brought you what you seek. The mighty Dante. And, the girl" they spoke in unison, their voices echoing slightly.​

"Good work. Unfortunately our plans have taken an unfortunate twist. Nelo is no longer a servant to our dark and powerful Lord. He broke from his corruption an hour ago. Therefore I assume his plans will be to rescue his brother, and to save this pathetic human. But, this is the perfect trap, you could say" the large creature replied, resting its left elbow on a large boulder and putting its huge left fist against the left side of its face.​

"If that is so, then all of the clones must of been destroyed at his hands. Unless he has already been defeated by them? I guess we can't assume too much. What are our orders now?" the dark minions asked, and the plans were revealed.​

Meanwhile in Limbo City, Dante was striking with Rebellion and slicing through hordes of demons.​

"I expect you're getting tired by now?" The Sheriff mocked playfully.​

"You wish" Dante scowled.​

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
LOL...oh no. Tentacles. I don't think I'll ever be able to read anything involving Vergil and tentacles without having dirty thoughts. ._.

Vergil afraid of Nero? o_O Wowsers. He must have really intimidated him.
I like the idea of Vergil breaking free of the corruption ^_^

:wub: Dante! :) Quicksilver FTW!

Trish's transformation....*wolf whistle* They should have that in the next game.

LOL, I bet Lady wishes she'd had Dante customize her guns too. What a letdown to run out of ammo in the midst of battle!

WHOOOOOOO, Nero to the rescue!

"Defeat me? Defeat a being with such strength as your brother. A perfect creation of him. More perfect than the others before. The dark Lord's power is greater than your own, you of all Devils should know this. Having successfully created a clone of your beloved mother. I bet you miss her, don't you?" the fake Dante said, bursting out laughing menacingly.
Yeah, I think this guy's been smoking weed by the sounds of it. He sounds completely stoned.

Is he being carried away by ninja's? Sorry, I'm tired so I'm probably getting the wrong impressions in my head.

I'm really curious as to who this Sheriff guy is. One part of me is hoping it's Sid from the anime, but my gut tells me it's either Mundus or one of Mundus's generals.

Sorry I didn't quote as I usually do, I had a lot of catching up to do on your story and this computer won't let me automatically quote posts.
Good job, anyway, LoD, I look forward to see what's in store.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
"Lets just end this now" The Sheriff demanded, "I'm done with playing mind games with you Dante" he added, unsheathing his sword and blasting his way from the top of the building like a speeding rocket towards Dante's halted position. Dante clashed Rebellion against the Sheriff's blade, as the two fiercely engaged in sword battle. Dante used his aura once again to raise Ebony and Ivory, a trick he had come to learn in which he used to his advantage. Plugging a few bullets into the Sheriff's chest, whilst still handling his sword to combat his opponent.​

A minute or so had passed with the two still clashing swords, Dante seemingly not bothered by the amount of time consumed to attack his current rival. "Surely you must be tiring now?" The Sheriff exclaimed. Dante shrugged and replied, "You seem surprised. Were you expecting me to give up so easy?" as to which he added a small laugh. In the midst of the sentences that were passed between the two, Dante had let his cockiness get to him and he lost his focus. The Sheriff came speeding towards Dante again, his sword outstretched in front of him this time. The end of the blade met Dante's chest as it pierced through his flesh and tore through the inside of his body, entering through the front and ripping its way out of Dante's back. A pool of blood splashed behind Dante, whose expression was a look of shock. His adversary looked amused, certainly pleased for himself. Now impaled by the sword, Dante's own had slipped from his grasp and had dropped heavily on the floor much like his blood. The sword started to emanate its own natural power, which in turn started to strike pain inside of Dante's body. And then suddenly visions came to him, flashes in his eyes and he could see for that moment his unconscious body surrounded by the darkest of foes and his heart cried with fear.​

..................................................​

Vergil had a firm grip on his trusty Yamato as his eyes browsed the haunting environment in which he had recently arrived in. His fellow companions in their own fight and unable to aid him, he sought the enemy himself. Alone, and having not properly fought in a very long time. His only previous battles prior to this very moment having gone unwell in his favour. He was ever more determined to live up to his father's name and the power that should be coursing through his veins much like his twin brother's. He had a job to do and an expectation to live up to. Or at least in his mind, that was how it was. And ever much so ready, he called for this imposter to confront him fairly.​

As it was so, the fake Dante came forth and faced Vergil. The two shared a brief moment of hateful stares and glares, before they decided to just cut to the chase and start cutting each other's skin off. Vergil belted forward first, thoughts in his mind of ripping his rival to shreds cropped up in his mind. He was raging to get started, Yamato slicing through the air with such speed and force that the air would of bleed to death if it was living. The sharp samurai blade connected with the fake Rebellion, the impact was violent, sparks started to fly. Vergil faced what looked like his brother's face, but he knew in his heart he wouldn't share the same anger as he once had when he really was facing his sibling. Maybe with this lack of anger, he would not fair well in this battle. Time would tell all, as the two continued to hack their swords together. Much to Vergil's advantage also, he too could summon weapons. Not with his aura, but through the magic he had learnt years ago. A few summoned swords came to play, striking one after another into the imposter's body. The attack was successfully executed, but unfortunately not so powerful. "Is that the best you have to offer Vergil? Come on brother, you can do better than that" the imposter playfully mocked. Reminding him of how his brother use to act towards him, this gave Vergil the destructive edge that he needed to outdo his enemy. He stopped clashing blades for a split second, and moved his body out of the way of the oncoming sword. As it narrowly missed him by millimetres, he effortlessly swung Yamato finely through the air and struck his opponent with a nice clean cut to the neck. Leaving Vergil in a stance position, knelt down on both legs with his left hand out and his right hand clutching his sword that he had just beheaded the imposter with. Something he could never do against his real brother.​

"Hm, that was disappointing" he said, addressing his comment to the dead body now slumbered on the floor without a head. "Need any help?" came Nero's voice, as he then shortly arrived afterwards. "I think I have this all wrapped up" Vergil answered. Nero spotted the body and nodded his head like everything was okay. "Come on kid, lets go" Vergil said, the two left the scene to rejoin the girls. In Nero's mind he couldn't depict why everyone had said so many bad things about Dante's brother. To him, Vergil seemed fine. It was almost like he had changed now since he had freed himself from his corruption.​

...............................​

'Very soon I will have your power. Dante and Nero, you'll be nothing but history".

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
......................................................................................................

"Ah, what? What's going on? Where the hell am I? I need to buy a map, this is getting ridiculous!"... Dante was saying, but suddenly his talking stopped when his foot met a hard dusty step in front of him. He looked up at a spiralling staircase, then it all came back to him. He was inside some sort of vision, witnessing a moment that bore no necessary need for the concept of time and space for his mind in this place. It was all so surreal, this surely wasn't happening. But, for what seemed like his only option, he took another step up towards his fate. He was soon stopped in his tracks, a cold and spine tingling sensation ran from head to toe. It felt like the cold hands of Death were running themselves along his body, prizing his soul from him. Dante shook the cool breeze away from his skin, his cold breath blowing as he let out a heavy breath. He continued, venturing onwards up the stairs. Step after step he took, it seemed like the staircase got higher and higher. It felt like he was going nowhere, no matter how many steps he climbed. He got faster and faster, to the point he was sprinting as quick as he could upwards and upwards, but still nothing. What was happening to him? He looked down on the spot he was stood at, below him there was a crack in the ground. Spewing hot lava was boiling below, beneath the torn crack in the surface of this mysterious land. It rose like a blazing tornado, spinning and burning the steps below him. It lashed away at his position, inevitable consuming him. Dante's entire body was drenched in a sea of lava... The unbearable pain, so intense and agonizing, destroying him slowly. He could hear a faint voice that got louder and louder, singing something to him.​

Your mind, your soul,​
Will make me whole,​
So grab a chair, if you dare,​
and take a seat, if you will,​
Your burning soul will slowly meet,​
an end that will soon fulfil,​
In to the fiery chasm of your doom,​
destructive flares will burn your dreams,​
Cast you into your eternal tomb,​
the fire on you brightly beams,​
Gasping, clutching, clawing for air,​
it's so pleasant to watch you die,​
You must know that I don't care,​
it's what I've wanted all this time.​

My fellow friends, we see this half-ling,​
reduced to nothing but a cinder,​
Live not in fear, now he is gone,​
our plans will go on unhindered,​
It's the time to raise your swords,​
or whatever weapon that may please,​
And in this moment, that's mine and yours,​
we'll bring this World down to its knees.​

Then there was laughter, followed by nothing but silence. Then a cheer that shook the Earth.​

The skies were torn apart by lightning, and dark clouds formed. Ghostly, unearthly, deathly creatures all dressed in black robes and with black face-masks flooded the midnight sky. An army of them, a deadly swarm. Hundreds upon hundreds of demons floating overhead.​

"This does not look good" Vergil said, with a sound of worry in his voice. "For who? Them or us?" Nero replied, bringing his cockiness he'd picked up from Dante. "The odds certainly aren't in our favour" Trish clearly pointed out in the most obvious manner. "When are they?" Lady answered, which everyone seemed to agree to. For that period of time, nobody did anything but to continue to move. The demons above them were heading elsewhere, not even noticing or bothering to notice the group below.​

"Do we follow them?" Nero questioned, scratching his face. "It looks like they know the way better than I remember it" Vergil replied, as to which Trish and Lady both said in unison, "That's a yes then".

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Returning back to where Dante and Kyrie's lifeless bodies were lying, the small cult of demon warriors are talking amongst themselves and to their General.​

"I'm surprised we have managed to come this far with our plans. The Order has served us very well, very well indeed. However, Vergil being alive still worries me greatly" came one's concern.​

"Everybody knows that Vergil fell at the hands of the mighty king of the Underworld. Our great dark Lord, Mundus. He should be no real challenge to us" another reassured.​

"Yes, but there is still another. The young Devil Hunter that helped foil The Order's plans in Fortuna" another reminded the group.​

"Ah yes, the young soldier, Nero. You're forgetting what we have in plan for him. And then who will be strong enough to defeat us after we unseal our beloved dark Lord?" one questioned.​

The Demonic General standing close by gave the order, it was time to begin what needed to be done. "It was Sparda's power that sealed our powerful Lord. It is by this blade that we draw Sparda's blood from his son, Dante, and break that seal" the general began to speak. Rebellion was lifted up by one of the warriors.​

"When I give the order, draw blood from this son of Sparda and let it flow onto the stone floor and into the middle. When it flows into the middle it will drop onto the seal below and break it, releasing our great King" the general continued. The warrior stood next to Dante, the sword was at the ready awaiting The General's order. One word was all that was needed to unseal Mundus from his prison. And the word was spoken. "Begin".​

..................................................................................................................................

Whilst Dante's blood was pouring from his body, the skies continued to get torn apart by lightning and thunder. Luckily this powered Trish heavily, giving her more strength and energy than she had ever had before. The demons flying above were moving at a much faster rate of speed. "I suggest we sprint after them or we're going to lose them" Nero suggested. They seemed to all agree. "The sky is getting more angry, we have very little time" Vergil said, desperation running through his words.​

....................................................................................................................................

Back in Limbo City, Dante was lying on his knees covered in his own blood. It was pouring from him at an alarming rate, he started to feel fainter and fainter by the second. "What is happening to me?" Dante asked, looking up at The Sheriff who was smiling.​

"I may as well come clean with you Dante. Since it won't be long until you're drained of all of your power and your wounds will be too heavy to be treated in your normal human form. You're dying, ever so slowly. But it is inevitable, you will fail. We have gone through too much to have this night ruined by you or any of your loved ones" The Sheriff began to explain.​

"This doesn't make any sense" Dante exclaimed.​

"Let me continue. We set it all in to motion years and years ago. It all started in Fortuna really, our birth ground for experimentations. We acquired the Yamato sword from Vergil after he failed to beat our great dark King. From his failure the dark lord split his soul into two. But then you showed up and using your father's power you managed to seal our great Lord just like your father had once done. Obviously this upset us deeply, and we needed a way to break the seal. It came apparent to us that the only way we could break the seal was to harness the blood of all of Sparda's descendants, and use the swords we needed. After you defeated Nelo, the evil that broke from him split Yamato in two. This was something we had overlooked. Vergil returned to Mundus, evidently unable to defeat you. He was punished by having the remains of his torn soul sealed away into the sword, the only thing left in Vergil now was Mundus' corruption. He was just a destroyed soul, a shell of his former self. We tried to restore the sword back to its true form, but it was of no use to us. We needed a descendant of Sparda, but asking you was out of the question. This is when it really gets interesting. Years ago your mother gave birth to you and your brother, however what you didn't know was that after Eva's death your father moved to Fortuna and kept you safe there. He met another woman and had another child with her. The one who restored Yamato back to its true form after Vergil was presumed dead was none other than your blood brother" The Sheriff finally explained.​

Dante paused, looking up in absolute shock, he shook his head. "Nero".​

"Nero is your younger brother, Dante. Why do you think he was orphaned? For his own protection. All of you were hidden away from each other. That's why you never found your brother again until years later. Your father wanted you to be raised by different families for your own protection. Now you've all been brought together by your father's doing, and you'll all pay the price for it".

"But that makes no sense. Who are you? How did you know all of this?" Dante didn't hesitate to ask.​

"Nero is my stepson Dante. The Order never worshipped Sparda. We were offered higher powers by Mundus' armies, we accepted. And we set up all of these plans in order to bring Sparda's children down and bring back the one who gave us this strength in the first place".​

"You betrayed your own people. Your own son. Why?" Dante cried in anger and despair.​

"Might controls everything. And without strength you cannot protect anything...Let alone yourself".​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

There was very little time left for anyone to attempt to stall or stop the seal keeping Mundus imprisoned from being broken. Amongst all of these separate events, demons were flying high up in the sky above the heads of every day normal human beings and heading towards their final destination. The tension was impossible to cut. But the end was far from over. Many deadly tasks were about to ensue.​

The demons hurtled downwards towards nearby mountainsides located in the vicinity, abruptly coming to a stop and lining themselves up. Rows upon rows of them stood in single lines all around. Their dark demeanour could be felt surrounding the place, making the air slightly colder than it already was. Looking as if they were all mindlessly being brainwashed by some higher power, they stood waiting for their master to finally show himself.​

Vergil's stomach turned as he addressed the two female demon hunters. "Trish, Lady" he said, they both looked at him when their names were mentioned. "I know you have served us well, but I think it would be wiser if you were to leave" he added, only thinking about their safety.​

Trish shook her head. "No, we're in this until the end, right Lady?" she replied, turning her head to her left to face Lady. "Yeah, that's right. No quitting out" Lady responded, Kalina-Ann strapped tightly behind her. Vergil looked wearily onwards into the distance. "Very well then. But take my advice, this won't be easy. And let me and Nero deal with anything too serious" Vergil pleaded.​

"How sweet of you Vergil, I didn't know you were this caring" Trish answered, somewhat sarcastically. "Yeah, well we're the only ones left to stop him now" Vergil said, most of his hope gone from him already. "You don't seem so confident man, what's wrong?" Nero questioned, a little confused having seen all the amazing things Dante had been able to achieve. "It's times like these I wish I had the confidence of my father" Vergil feebly replied. "Just think about all the things you care about, it'll help you to find that extra strength you need, trust me" Nero said, just before drawing Red Queen. Vergil did the same with his blade, Yamato. The two were ready to climb the staircase.​

........................................................................................................................................................​

"Okay, so Vergil and Nero are going to attack head on. We'll just stay back and pick off the rest" Lady said to a rather bored Trish. "Uh huh. Just like we always do. Why do they underestimate our power so much? It's sexist if you ask me". Lady shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know. That's the way boys are, right?". "Yeah, well we'll show them how strong we really are" Trish said, lightning crackling around her.​

.........................................................................................................................................................​

The two Devil Hunters had reached the top of the staircase, they halted. Nero turned to Vergil, Vergil turned to Nero. "Okay man, let's do this" Nero said, not hesitating. Vergil tried to extend his hand out to grab him and pull him back, but Nero's impatient cocky manner threw them both into the deep end. The Demon General who stood taller than any other demon present at that time came forward, and when he spotted Nero he roared with alarm. The whole area was now on red alert, demons swooping from their positions and soaring at them to inflict damage. Nero's first cause of action was that he extended his Devil Bringer, clutching the Demon General and swinging his body to the left as his whole body swung around and finally he was holding his entire body up around the demon's neck from behind, both his hands strangling the front of the demon's neck. He pulled himself up onto the left shoulder and attempted to slash The General's throat, but he was flung forward and he landed several feet away from where Dante's dying body was. Before he could get to his feet to do anything, a huge fist was coming down on-top of him. He quickly rolled to the left to avoid a pounding, several demons following close behind him getting crushed to death instead. Dealing with The General one to one was made ever so easier than it normally would of been, thanks to Vergil's consistent unending help with slaying all the weaker demons floating around. Not to mention the sniper bullets firing into demon's heads from Lady's rifle, blowing brains out everywhere, and lightning bolt blasts being shot by Trish.​

The General came hurling his fists towards Nero once more, he smashed them away with his own fists. "Ah, such strength" the Demon General remarked. Nevertheless, they continued with their one on one battle. Due to the size of the huge demon standing in front of Nero, it was made harder for him to directly attack Nero without harming his demon allies or knocking Dante or Kyrie, so he had to gain an advantage. Nero fired several bullets from Blue Rose into The General's head, he fell backwards. Curiously, Nero moved closer to the edge to investigate what had really happened. Suddenly, the General's fist pounded against the cliff edge and Nero came tumbling down to the bottom with rocks following him. When he hit the bottom, he was crushed luckily by a smaller rock. Nonetheless, he had been crushed and was completely defenceless. Now he was in for a world of pain from an enraged Devil.​

To Nero's rescue, Vergil had witnessed what had happened and was ready to jump down to help him out when he was knocked backwards by a flock of demons flying at him at a great speed. Like a demonic train, they kept on striking. Trish and Lady kept on shooting, but the amount of demons was far too overwhelming. They needed an extra hand. Dante would of been ideal at this moment in time, but that was not the case however. Vergil had to Devil Trigger, and with what strength he had he fended off the oncoming attacks for even longer. The demon numbers were dwindling by the second, as many had already been shot to death by Trish and Lady. "I'm going to go down there and give him a helping hand. You keep up with what you're doing" Trish said, rushing up the stone staircase and making her way towards Vergil's position. Lady was running low on rifle bullets again, after that she only had missiles to fire. This she couldn't do because of the amount of damage it would cause Trish and Vergil in the blast radius. The only other weapons on her were sub-machine guns and a blade attached to the end of her missile launcher.​

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
----------------------------------

Lady's left shoulder was met with the cold embrace of a demonic hand. She grabbed one of her sub-machine guns with her right hand and elbowed the demon in the chest with her left elbow. As she knocked the demon back slightly from the blow she pointed the sub-machine gun in the direction behind her and pulled the trigger, plugging bullets into the demon's stomach all the way up to its head, killing it.​

More demons landed nearby, hell-bent on stopping Lady's fire-power by taking her out. The first demon to land was greeted by a swinging kick to the neck. Blades that outstretched at the end of Lady's boots sliced the demon's head clean off. She held off the rest with sub-machine gun fire, until switching to her trusty missile launcher to deliver the final deadly blow. A sword struck from behind her, she turned quick enough to block the attack with the blade attached to the front of Kalina-Ann. After blocking she stabbed the demon through its chest, piercing through its heart and pushing it out of its body.​

Several more enemies arrived on the scene. Lady couldn't even count how many, but there was enough to cause a problem for her. She fired the bladed projectile that acted like a bayonet from her missile launcher and it made successful impact with a few demons in front of her, tearing straight through them. The blade made its way back towards her gun, ripping through the demons and their freshly made wounds once more, inflicting twice the damage. Wounded, but not fatally, the demons advanced quickly on her location. They all flew towards her at once, blades in front of them ready to make contact with her body. She grabbed for a small bottle on her person as fast as she could and undid the lid. Turning three hundred and sixty degrees on the spot, she unleashed its contents in every direction. Their swords were only inches away from killing her when the demons all dropped down to the ground, dead. Holy water had killed them.​

Demons kept coming, in vigorous swarms, like angry wasps. They spotted Lady and were determined to kill her, but Lady didn't want to back down. With every last bit of strength in her she wouldn't give up without a fight, that's how she had always been. A demon landed in front of her, met with a hard knock to the head with Kalina-Ann, cracking the demon's skull open and killing it. She swung the missile launcher around, knocking enemies back that were closing in on her. Eventually, overwhelmed by their numbers, she knew it was all over for her. She pointed her beloved Kalina-Ann towards the ground and was about to pull the trigger to destroy herself but to take out a large number with her. Before she got that chance to sacrifice herself heroically, several blades seemed to fire from multiple directions into the heads, necks and hearts of all the nearby enemies. Lady was confused, she stood back and watched the demons dying before her eyes. At least twenty of them had been taken out in a matter of seconds so it seemed. Who else was helping them?​

A demonic figure landed in front of Lady, reaching her hand out, "Hold on" she said. Lady grabbed her hand with trust and the demon outstretched a pair of wings and kicked back from the spot. Taking into the air she glided towards Trish and Vergil, lending them a hand in the heart of the battle. Lady's eyes widened. Her saviour was now taking her into the midst of all the battle. She thought to herself that she would of been safer just staying where she was, regardless to it still being dangerous and deadly. "Are you insane?" Lady screamed, the two came to a stop on the ground metres away from Trish and Vergil. The demon turned her head in response to Lady's comment, "No...I'm Lucia".​

Top Bottom